Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
JoocyJ003
RANT
Kaksoppa
Gol
reim0027
bloodpixel
10 posters

Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing.

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing. Empty Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing.

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:49 pm

My Ricards +15 with DLB does 617 dmg if I manage to land one 2H. Those thrusting attacks are fast.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing. Empty Re: Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing.

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Oh yeah, I've been slaughtered by that one move. So fast, so powerful. Especially buffed.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing. Empty Re: Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing.

Post by Gol Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:29 pm

R2 combo with buff = KO

That's how I win most of my fights, just need to know how to use it. silly
    Kaksoppa
    Kaksoppa
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kaksoppa Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Agreed. Lunging attacks with rapiers are amazing. 4205493335
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Gol wrote:R2 combo with buff = KO

really? you figting in the kiln? that move is only good against noobs or someone with a ultra great sword, its so easy to parry
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:12 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

really? you figting in the kiln? that move is only good against noobs or someone with a ultra great sword, its so easy to parry
    Worked well against my GC's recovery frames. But, TBH, I'm not used to rapiers yet, so I have some learning to do.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:58 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

Worked well against my GC's recovery frames. But, TBH, I'm not used to rapiers yet, so I have some learning to do.

they only reason thrust weapons are good in pvp is lag, its the reason everyone has a spear in their off hand, those thing can hit you even if youre ten feet away in any direction.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:06 am

RantFromRant wrote:

So Yesuurd is a noob lol
    I used it against him, ask him if he saw it coming and if he had the time to parry, he partially dodged it though, thanks to his poise.

There's no move in this game that is only good against "noobs", every weapon and every spell is potentially good, you just need to practice.
    It's like if I was sayin "only noobs use DGH cuz large club is lighter", you know it's wrong.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:01 am

Gol wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

its just an opinion dude, if youre good with then good for you.

So Yesuurd is a noob lol
    I used it against him, ask him if he saw it coming and if he had the time to parry, he partially dodged it though, thanks to his poise.

There's no move in this game that is only good against "noobs", every weapon and every spell is potentially good, you just need to practice.
    It's like if I was sayin "only noobs use DGH cuz large club is lighter", you know it's wrong.
    JoocyJ003
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JoocyJ003 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Rapiers running R1 is sweet. My ricards +15 buffed with SB can do 800 on a good running r1, 400 unbuffed. Definitely worth half your stamina bar it takes up. Reim u know what im talkin about.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Yup, that double attack really takes up the vitality.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Yeah Ricards is lovely. I'm terrible with it of course, but actually sticking someone with it is hilarious big grin I tend to use the R2 to stab people in the side/back in 2v2 type fights when they are distracted as I can't actually hit anyone with it normally without getting parried.

There is a certain irony I feel in my using the classiest weapon in the game like a classless fool big grin But then I've never been much good at pvp.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Joocy, just for you, I'm gonna have a backup faster weapon that I can R1 with a shield, see how you deal with that. Maybe an elemental pokey-pokey weapon? twisted
    JoocyJ003
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JoocyJ003 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Ok reim im lookin forward to it. I might have to dung pie u. Anyone down for a duel?
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:55 pm

I need work on my parrying of thrust weapons, getting poked is my new least fav part of the game, either that or the dragon bs'ers. but i only say that about the thrust weapons, cause i hate using shields
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:57 pm

How come the rapier doesn't get any love? it's R2 is better than ricard's and alot easier to hit, it has a greater critical, is lighter (I think, correct me if i'm wrong) and They have the same AR. So why not use the rapier named rapier?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

so...you hate shields and thrust weapons, so the pierce shield is your mortal enemy?
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 pm

i shat on my old pierce shield i hated it so much *)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Dung pie eh? I always have some blooming moss in my quick select menu for toxin/poison. More and more people are using poison knives or arrows. So, I have a BKGA that can wield a demon's spear, SL 120. Let's duel. Bring your parrying shield, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:07 pm