Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

What class do you like the look of so far?

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What class do you like the look of so far? Empty What class do you like the look of so far?

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 am

Im pretty partial to the dual swordsman, because the dual wielding looks viable now and the wanderers coat and L337 knight helm make a return so i know which look ill be rocking with dual axes.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What class do you like the look of so far? Empty Re: What class do you like the look of so far?

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 am

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What class do you like the look of so far? Empty Re: What class do you like the look of so far?

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:03 am

StiffNipples wrote:Isn't this pretty much this thread?

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22759-what-class-are-you-going-for-vote-here-d

Looks like pre E3 classes
    Gryph
    Gryph

Post by Gryph Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 am

Well, honestly I'm excited for all of them (the four that I seen, anyway) and I can't wait to make different playstyles and classes based around the old Demon souls classes. That being said, I can't really be as excited as say for a sorcerer as a warrior, simply because I like the classes differently.

Aspects of the Warrior I like;

Dat cape. No but seriously, the fact that he was able to bring out a sword that looked like something out of berserk really made me fall in love with this class. I've always been a fan of the "bog standard" classes, simply because of their simplicity and fun to use, but their great alteration/editing!

Another marketing thing I've noticed; From seem to use a certain class as the main source of advertisement or for the box art, looks like the warrior drew the longest straw, sorry temple knight!

Aspects of the Temple Knight I like;

Halberds. Always loved em' it was my main weapon first time I played the game, and I still love to use it to this day, if they can even improve the halberd, I'll be in love with From even more.

Miracles, although I didn't see any in the demo footage, I'd like to see how all the miracles work in this game (preferably without WoG spam) and of course, how covenants could work with miracles aswell.

Temple Knight was always my favorite class to play in Demon souls, not only for the playstyle, but for the idea behind him; Good ol' knight in shining armor.

Aspects of the Sorcerer I like;

Fire sorcerery. Now I think that maybe confirms that the game is a prequel, perhaps its a sequel where the undead have found the long lost fire sorcerery? Either way, I thought that pyromancy wasn't done very well in Dark Souls, it felt like anyone could have it, and no investment was required.

The new magic mechanics look very nice! The way you can choose the "power" of the spell based on the button you press is very endearing to the once neglected sorcerery, and I'm very happy that From and showing some much needed attention in that aspect.

Aspects of the Thief I like;

Fast rolling. Badass armor. Backstabs.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:10 am

E3 was June 11-13, that thread was started on June 23rd.

The OP just selected the current classes from DaS1 because we don't know what classes are going to be in DaS2.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 am

StiffNipples wrote:E3 was June 11-13, that thread was started on June 23rd.

The OP just selected the current classes from DaS1 because we don't know what classes are going to be in DaS2.

Would dual swordsman class as wanderer?
    Gryph
    Gryph

Post by Gryph Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:

Would dual swordsman class as wanderer?

Possibly. I can see wanderers being more of a single handed, high dex kind of weapon class. although seeing them use two weapons with the new mechanics would be brilliant.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 am

Gryph wrote:Well, honestly I'm excited for all of them (the four that I seen, anyway) and I can't wait to make different playstyles and classes based around the old Demon souls classes. That being said, I can't really be as excited as say for a sorcerer as a warrior, simply because I like the classes differently.

Aspects of the Warrior I like;

Dat cape. No but seriously, the fact that he was able to bring out a sword that looked like something out of berserk really made me fall in love with this class. I've always been a fan of the "bog standard" classes, simply because of their simplicity and fun to use, but their great alteration/editing!

Another marketing thing I've noticed; From seem to use a certain class as the main source of advertisement or for the box art, looks like the warrior drew the longest straw, sorry temple knight!

Aspects of the Temple Knight I like;

Halberds. Always loved em' it was my main weapon first time I played the game, and I still love to use it to this day, if they can even improve the halberd, I'll be in love with From even more.

Miracles, although I didn't see any in the demo footage, I'd like to see how all the miracles work in this game (preferably without WoG spam) and of course, how covenants could work with miracles aswell.

Temple Knight was always my favorite class to play in Demon souls, not only for the playstyle, but for the idea behind him; Good ol' knight in shining armor.

Aspects of the Sorcerer I like;

Fire sorcerery. Now I think that maybe confirms that the game is a prequel, perhaps its a sequel where the undead have found the long lost fire sorcerery? Either way, I thought that pyromancy wasn't done very well in Dark Souls, it felt like anyone could have it, and no investment was required.

The new magic mechanics look very nice! The way you can choose the "power" of the spell based on the button you press is very endearing to the once neglected sorcerery, and I'm very happy that From and showing some much needed attention in that aspect.

Aspects of the Thief I like;

Fast rolling. Badass armor. Backstabs.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  NOW I WANT THE GAME EVEN MORE!!!
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:18 am

Now im going to make the best king bradley cosplay ever.
    Gryph
    Gryph

Post by Gryph Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Gryph wrote:-snip-

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  NOW I WANT THE GAME EVEN MORE!!!

Now you feel my pain.
    Just take a seat and get comfortable, we'll both be bored before you know it!
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:23 am

So 

Warrior - Warrior 
    Wanderer - More dex focused version of warrior (Dual swordsmen?)
    Knight - Temple paladin
    Bandit - Warrior with a focus on greatswords and axes ?
    Thief - I can imagine it being a very lightweight dex user ( Could be duel swordsmen)
    Sorcerer- New pyro/ Sorcery class (YAY FINALLY)
    Hunter- Bow lover
    Deprived- .................. my loincloth is best armor
    Cleric - Lighter, less str based and more faith based than Paladin

Thats how i think its going to look, im unsure of the thief though
    Gryph
    Gryph

Post by Gryph Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:

So 

Thief - I can imagine it being a very lightweight dex user ( Could be duel swordsmen)

Maybe the thief could inflict status ailments before doing critical/bleed damage on the attacker, whilst retaining the single, fast, blade?
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:30 am

Gryph wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:

So 

Maybe the thief could inflict status ailments before doing critical/bleed damage on the attacker, whilst retaining the single, fast, blade?
    God that reminds me, how will bleed and poison work? I can imagine thief having early access to shortcuts and ailment based weapons like you said.
    I just hope i can remake my main build in DkS2
    Gryph
    Gryph

Post by Gryph Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:37 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Gryph wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:

So 

God that reminds me, how will bleed and poison work? I can imagine thief having early access to shortcuts and ailment based weapons like you said.

It'd be cool if you could create your own status ailments.
    Like say, a stamina drainer or one that inhibits stamina regeneration?
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:39 am

Gryph wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Gryph wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:

So 

An ailment that stays with the victim even if the invader is killed, say a health debuff you're stuck with till you either cure it or die ( Estus having slower regen time )
    Gryph
    Gryph

Post by Gryph Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:44 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Gryph wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Gryph wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:

So 

An ailment that stays with the victim even if the invader is killed, say a health debuff you're stuck with till you either cure it or die ( Estus having slower regen time )
    All my wants.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 am

There should be a system were invaders can weaken the hosts bonfire, evil and cruel yes but how great the would be for the game is incredible.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 pm

The look of? Dual swordsman looks pretty sweet.

Playstyle? I'm thinking of trying out knight first.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:55 pm