Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 17 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Broke, for the safety of people you are supposed to censor PSN's, those individuals can possibly have the videos removed if they ever see them, though it is unlisted just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Yes, it's true! In fact that was me in the video Broke, you killed me! But me and my forest farming brothers will one day get vengeance, we're making our own tactics thread on the Game FAQ forums, we'll eventually find a glitch that lets us instakill anyone, and when we do we'll finally kill you 1/10 of the time!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Tolvo wrote:Broke, for the safety of people you are supposed to censor PSN's, those individuals can possibly have the videos removed if they ever see them, though it is unlisted just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Yes, it's true! In fact that was me in the video Broke, you killed me! But me and my forest farming brothers will one day get vengeance, we're making our own tactics thread on the Game FAQ forums, we'll eventually find a glitch that lets us instakill anyone, and when we do we'll finally kill you 1/10 of the time!

You killing me :roll: Tolvo!!! Those two toons can't be you - you're on the PSN and I'm on XLN (you really are killing me you know that sad ). Thanks for the heads-up - I will remove the gamertags from future videos. I will also re-post edited copies of the two above ASAP.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:23 pm

I have another confession, I'm actually a PC gamer, and have been playing Dark Ponies on the PC all along. I can connect with Xbox players through an error, so much shame I've hidden! I appear with random names too because of this, literally every time you've fought a farmer it was me!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

By the way that farmer in the Batman and Robin one had absolutely no clue how to use that sword. Locking on with a GLGS, is he mad?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Tolvo wrote:By the way that farmer in the Batman and Robin one had absolutely no clue how to use that sword. Locking on with a GLGS, is he mad?

Interesting - good nugget of knowledge about the the GLGS being best used unlocked. I guess probably it is best to fight with it unlocked because simply swinging and hitting anything around you would be terrible for some poor soul. I have been on the business end of it many times and I have been stun-locked by it too many times to remember - I respect that weapon. All I do know is the farmer could evade very well. Plus as everyone can see I am stamina abuser - that's why I am always popping grass lol .

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Oh yeah, you burned through your stamina so fast haha, the reason for the unlock is that if a person strafes you can easily miss them. Because of this, when you unlock you can merely plan where they are going and stunlock them in 1-2 hits. It's the same with the Mura, far better when unlocked because of the windup on the first swing.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Tolvo wrote:Oh yeah, you burned through your stamina so fast haha, the reason for the unlock is that if a person strafes you can easily miss them. Because of this, when you unlock you can merely plan where they are going and stunlock them in 1-2 hits. It's the same with the Mura, far better when unlocked because of the windup on the first swing.

Yeah - I have used the Mura unlocked before especially if farmers are either bunch up or on both sides of me since the wide arc allows ease of use against multiple opponents.

I know, I know now you see why I equip both the C. Mask and Grass Shield - I need stamina like I need a fix. I am becoming more efficient with stamina though - I refuse to let lack of stamina be the reason for my death. Stamina abuse is why I am still struggling with the G. Scythe - will be doing Skare's Kiln crucible soon though to get stamina conservation burned into my brain.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Well being low on stamina isn't the bane it is in combat, unless you need to chase or escape, those are the only two times you need a good amount if you ask me. There are times where I block without stamina, I attack with a tiny amount, or parry with vary little. Now if I want to stunlock, sure I need a full bar, but just for striking I need next to nothing. And the blocking is to trick them, I actually lower my shield as they swing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:44 pm

By the way, of course it was an April Fools joke, I would never tarnish myself by farming in the forest!

I did quite enjoy my joke about sitting in the kitchen, that should have been the biggest hint guys, I mean seriously?

I *** hate coffee!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Coffee goes great with caramel cheerios
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Oh god, we still have some of those in the pantry, no one will touch them.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I'd call that a challenge then. Farmers are easy, but can Tolvo master the Dulce de Leche madness?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 pm

I threw up after trying to eat a spoonful, that cereal is stronger than any three farmers I've faced.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Such is the power of Spanish writing on American foods. 'tis akin to miasma whose tendrils lap at our souls.

Although I like them, just not as much as Flutie Flakes.

All tangents aside, can't wait to see more videos Broke. Good luck with the scythe and let me know if I can help. Would record a few things but all I have is my cell.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Tolvo wrote:By the way, of course it was an April Fools joke, I would never tarnish myself by farming in the forest!

I did quite enjoy my joke about sitting in the kitchen, that should have been the biggest hint guys, I mean seriously?

I *** hate coffee!

Yeah - caught the dog part just trying to stretch the joke out as long as possible. I wish I could find a pooch that can type though. lol!

I knew you were too much of a competitor to sully your hands with the blood of Alvina's brethren which is the road farmers choose to travel.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:25 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Such is the power of Spanish writing on American foods. 'tis akin to miasma whose tendrils lap at our souls.

Although I like them, just not as much as Flutie Flakes.

All tangents aside, can't wait to see more videos Broke. Good luck with the scythe and let me know if I can help. Would record a few things but all I have is my cell.

Skare - thanks bro. I think I may have caught my epic fail with the GS on tape just need to look through the videos. Will definitely post that one if I have it! Going try your Kiln crucible (ugh!! those dang knights!! going to have to force myself not to use great combust on 'em like I usually do)in about a week or so in the mean time I'm whipping the GS out every chance I get.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:32 am

Here's a tip. Pick your fights carefully. Seems simple right? If your dealing with a pair, choose the target you could better. I always try to be the diversion to the phantom(s) so the other hunter can focus purely on the host.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 am

cloudyeki wrote:Here's a tip. Pick your fights carefully. Seems simple right? If your dealing with a pair, choose the target you could better. I always try to be the diversion to the phantom(s) so the other hunter can focus purely on the host.

cloud - Exactly - I always try to keep my opponent busy no matter if its the host or his minion I am facing. I must trust the other hunter to do the same - if we can keep them separated then our odds of being victorious is roughly 50/50 between us. I don't think I have any videos recorded of a good 2v2 I will try to get one in the future.

More videos to come people - now its time to show y'all some very sad losses sad and some honorable 1v1 Bow (it can be had once in awhile)in the forest.

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:03 am

We've all been there broke. The question is can you learn from those loses and become better.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 am

Always remember, upon dying as a forest hunter you lose what? Time? A few minutes? You don't lose any souls, you don't lose your dignity, you don't get anything taken from you. What do you gain? Glory, the Glory of Alvina. You get to claim that you went against the odds and didn't back down. You faced the challenge and gave it your all. The odds were stacked against you and you fought on, never worry about death! For even through that there is victory and knowledge gained! Always fight, and always do your best to destroy every farmer you come across.

I look forwards to more videos Broke.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 am

You know what, that's it. I've been using an SL 120 toon to forest hunt, my FC host toon. I often sit down in that dark swamp just waiting to invade the glorious forest, using weapons that aren't fully at their peak because of my screwed up stats. No more, I'm making a whole new toon dedicated to just forest hunting and nothing else! I'm setting my limit for a much higher SL, and levelling exclusively through PvP, from a fresh character! I'll do this as a challenge to myself, no more farming Phalanx enemies in the painted world. Every soul, every level will be paved with the blood of farmers in the forest! For the Glory of Alvina!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:41 am

Cloud & Tolvo - thanks fellow compatriots for the words of encouragement. Some days I wonder why I even pick-up the controller to even play this game. It is the most psychological demanding ame I have ever played. I guess its the desire to win against the odds which lies within all of us that keeps us coming back.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:45 am

It's always strange, but this is the only game that actually gives me an adrenalin rush.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:50 am

Tolvo wrote:You know what, that's it. I've been using an SL 120 toon to forest hunt, my FC host toon. I often sit down in that dark swamp just waiting to invade the glorious forest, using weapons that aren't fully at their peak because of my screwed up stats. No more, I'm making a whole new toon dedicated to just forest hunting and nothing else! I'm setting my limit for a much higher SL, and levelling exclusively through PvP, from a fresh character! I'll do this as a challenge to myself, no more farming Phalanx enemies in the painted world. Every soul, every level will be paved with the blood of farmers in the forest! For the Glory of Alvina!

This is exactly what I did with my FH - I am purely leveling from Souls gained from killing gankers in the forest and nothing else. Its truely a warrior PVP hunter build. I did this to be able to fight off alot of the bangs in the forest - arbitrary level restricts won't usually cut in the forest and a dedicated build is necessary for survival in my opinion.

Can't wait to see how your toon turns out when it fully complete meaning you have all of the weapons, stats, etc that you want to efficiently kill these gankers.

I tell you Europeans are a sadistic bunch - I have experienced more bangs this morning than I have in quite a while. And some of the gestures they use once they kill you is getting ridiculous. No worries - will keep invading these cats til I can't lift my blade.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 am

Almost Level fifty now, you do get a lot of souls from some of these people. This build I think is going to be a Great Sword of Artorias build. Actually, that might be kind of an interesting little idea. Artorias himself defending the forest, though I don't really have an armor set to do it with, as well his shield blows for PvP, I'm still seeing what I want with stats, but I'm definitely pumping dex and STR to at least 40 each.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 3:41 am