Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 18 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 am

Tolvo wrote:Almost Level fifty now, you do get a lot of souls from some of these people. This build I think is going to be a Great Sword of Artorias build. Actually, that might be kind of an interesting little idea. Artorias himself defending the forest, though I don't really have an armor set to do it with, as well his shield blows for PvP, I'm still seeing what I want with stats, but I'm definitely pumping dex and STR to at least 40 each.

That is great - keep leveling and yeah you can get some decent souls from killing these campers. The most I have gotten from one kill was 2 million and that was from a red who did not expect I could kill him (the host was summoning him to fight hunters). He did invade again and killed my butt - but I did enjoy the souls though twisted

Remember the GSoA receives great scaling from Int and Faith - I don't use it much though (even though I do carry it with me just in case) but I can do almost 700 damage 2H it. You may want to pick one of these two stats to pump up once you get your DEX and STR where you want it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 am

That was pretty much what I was thinking, actually with a high enough SL I can maybe pump a bit into all 4 stats, let me think. 40 Str, 40 Dex, 30 Int, 30 Faith, 140 Levels right there, plus 40 End, 40 Vit, 220, then I'd need around 16 Attunement, so 236. Hmm, that doesn't seem too far off of a level does it? Though I know there would be other things to factor in, like my starting class.But I could have a backup weapon with a buff, using a talisman maybe, that way I can WotG. I could also use a Pyro glove and switch that out, maybe grab a Gravelord sword dance to replace a tempest, so much to consider really.

Maybe I should just focus on Faith, it gives me what I need, plus I can also use the Dragonslayer spear.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 am

Great videos, keep em coming! What is your recording setup again?

I'm also working on a new FH build. It is a vit build, haha. I've picked the lowest stat req weapons I think I can reasonably get away with both with damage and low endurance cost (estoc, BSS), and pyromancy. Now I'm just pouring levels into vit along with the ring of fap, mother's mask, and tiny being ring. Almost 2800 hp already and only sl80. Going to add a bit of endurance and just enough faith to get replenishment, throw on sanctus, and see how long I can stay standing.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 am

Tolvo wrote:That was pretty much what I was thinking, actually with a high enough SL I can maybe pump a bit into all 4 stats, let me think. 40 Str, 40 Dex, 30 Int, 30 Faith, 140 Levels right there, plus 40 End, 40 Vit, 220, then I'd need around 16 Attunement, so 236. Hmm, that doesn't seem too far off of a level does it? Though I know there would be other things to factor in, like my starting class.But I could have a backup weapon with a buff, using a talisman maybe, that way I can WotG. I could also use a Pyro glove and switch that out, maybe grab a Gravelord sword dance to replace a tempest, so much to consider really.

Maybe I should just focus on Faith, it gives me what I need, plus I can also use the Dragonslayer spear.

Tolvo - yeah you are definitely on the right path to building a good hunter killer. My FH is around that SL which offers you great flexibility on how you can engage a farmer. Yeah - that Gravelord Sword Dance is a great AoE replacement for Tempest - I saw one video of dude who used it like a boss. I was very impressed. If you are going to use the GSoA you will need to either pump up Int or Faith a bit in order to get adequate damage output from the weapon.

Keep leveling so you can hand these gankers a cold plate of steel for dinner.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:28 am

befowler wrote:Great videos, keep em coming! What is your recording setup again?

I'm also working on a new FH build. It is a vit build, haha. I've picked the lowest stat req weapons I think I can reasonably get away with both with damage and low endurance cost (estoc, BSS), and pyromancy. Now I'm just pouring levels into vit along with the ring of fap, mother's mask, and tiny being ring. Almost 2800 hp already and only sl80. Going to add a bit of endurance and just enough faith to get replenishment, throw on sanctus, and see how long I can stay standing.

Befowler - I am using the Hauppauge Model 1212 HD PVR to do the recordings. Its a great device when it works correctly - it is a little touchy though but overral it works ok. Basically, the video & audio output from the XBOX (or PS3) is sent to PVR (via component cables - the units doesn't support HDMI but you don't want this type of interface anyway due to the DRM protections comingled with digital signal plus component interface can support up to 1080i res) - a computer/laptop (I use a dedicated laptop for recording the video - buying a refurbished laptop is the way to go so you can save $$$) is connected to the PVR via USB cable. I am recording the content to the laptop using the ArcSoft media software that came with the PVR. If you are thinking about recording vidoes - I recommend you purchase the Gaming Edition (it has green light on top rather than blue) which I hear is a more stable PVR than the 1212.

I can provide additional information on setting up one these units via PM if you want.

2800 HP and you are not using the mask of the mother??? my goodness you will be able to take some serious damage. So based on your weapon build-out you are basically going to be health chipper (or focus on parries /BSs). I am going to try out the Estoc since i hear the reach of the weapon is very good plus you can stab with the shield raised. I had a good 1v1 against a guy who I think was using one or maybe it was a normal rapier. I think I have that fight taped so I will post it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks for the technical info, I'm not sure I can pull it off but you see so many crazy things in the forest it seems like a shame to not try to record some of them.

For the vit build, he does wear mask of the mother. I think the max hp possible is like 2750 or something and I'm right there. You can still get killed fast if you run into one of those bow backstabbers or whatever, but it's more of an evade/survive build anyway. Most of my chars tend to be on the weaker side of vit so this is a pleasant way to play.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 pm

befowler wrote:Thanks for the technical info, I'm not sure I can pull it off but you see so many crazy things in the forest it seems like a shame to not try to record some of them.

For the vit build, he does wear mask of the mother. I think the max hp possible is like 2750 or something and I'm right there. You can still get killed fast if you run into one of those bow backstabbers or whatever, but it's more of an evade/survive build anyway. Most of my chars tend to be on the weaker side of vit so this is a pleasant way to play.

Befowler - make sure you check a previous post about some information I found about about the dragonoid + bow + BS glitch. Basically, the dragon roar part is a diversion - it is not needed to pull of the BS so since full dragonoids have low poise its best exploit this weakness (BSS all day one 'em) and kill them quickly. I think the information is 10-15 posts up in this thread.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 pm

ive been invading with my Black knight for POLG and have ran into boatloads of farmers killed a few and I was wandering if we could combine forces to remove them
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm

nsane32 wrote:ive been invading with my Black knight for POLG and have ran into boatloads of farmers killed a few and I was wandering if we could combine forces to remove them

nsane32 - welcome bro Proper Bow . If you are talking about helping out in the forest - any hunter would be glad to assist u and receive your help. If u r on XBOX PM your tag and I will send u a friend request.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Broke.....I wonder if he is asking our Forest afficianados to come to the Kiln to help fight Kiln Farmers. Does POLG mean Protectors of Lord Gwyn?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:31 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Broke.....I wonder if he is asking our Forest afficianados to come to the Kiln to help fight Kiln Farmers. Does POLG mean Protectors of Lord Gwyn?

I think that is what he may be referring too since I was unsure of what POLG meant. Now I understand. If any hunters would like to lend a hand that would be cool to show we are willing to lend a hand against gankers/farmers wherever they rear their ugly heads. I may try to help out with one of my other toons.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:35 pm

I'd be willing to give it a whirl but will need to suck it up and traverse the abyss and join Kaathe for a bit. I think I'm down to 17 or 18 cracked eye orbs. I'd be a hand in the upper levels since I'm getting near to 200. Well.....I'd at least be another participant. Not sure I would really be a help. Would probably force me to learn parrying better.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm

no I mean to move extra Black knights to the forest to help with farmers an alliance of sorts you dont kill us and we help you remove farmers
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm

The more the merrier. Or to go from Tolvo's thoughts.....Men in Tights rather than Merry Men. I don't believe there's an organized push at the moment (unless I'm being exluded.....on no.....am i? AM I? AAAHHHHH) but we don't discriminate against anyone willing to discriminate with us against those facing our discrimination (farmers).
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:15 pm

ok ill tell my knights to move their for support and so we dont kill each other well have full black/sliver knight armor with varying sword and shield with the point forward
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

nsane32 wrote:ok ill tell my knights to move their for support and so we dont kill each other well have full black/sliver knight armor with varying sword and shield with the point forward

Nsane32 - what console do most of your compatriots play on or do you have allies on both? Alvina's allies have good support on both the PSN and XLN. Also, will your allies be invading as red spirits? If so, I thank you for providing a description of their armaments. Most hunters do not immediately attack reds since we tentatively perceive them as allies until we don't (usually as we are being banged).

If you are on the XBOX send me a friend request - my tag on the forum is the same as it is in XLN.

Hey Tolvo - it appears we may have some new allies who want to do some ganker killing - if nsane32 is on the PSN then would be ok for him to send you PM (does XLN allow you to send friend requests- boy I need to turn on PS3 once and while).

Nsane32 - we welcome you to the resistance. Alvina will be very pleased. I promise - you will get your fill of camper blood and then some. It is never a dull moment in the forest - trust me on that.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Welcome to the ranks nsane. I'm always glad to fight along side any ally... Though do avoid the bridges when I am on it. My grill is indiscriminate about what it wants to burn.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:21 pm

we have PSN and XBL members and I am on XBL ill send you a request and are invasions vary for grave lord DMB and red I myself have been in the forest for a few days DMB and killed a few farmers ill read Tolvo's tactic list
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:43 pm

nsane32 wrote:we have PSN and XBL members and I am on XBL ill send you a request and are invasions vary for grave lord DMB and red I myself have been in the forest for a few days DMB and killed a few farmers ill read Tolvo's tactic list

Perfect - this is sounding like the start of a beautiful arrangement. In regards to Gravelording the forest I would definitely review the Gravelord sub thread - it has detailed information (SL recommendations for invading, cursing, etc) about GL'ing the forest. Also I would recommend you reach out to Tolvo and DxV04 (or at least review their posts about GL'ing)- these two guys know how to best employ your gravelord talents in and around the forest. Also, most hunters in the know will not attack a GLs who are human in the forest - most will drop EoDs and then BC out. If you are attacked by hunter - defend yourself (kill them if necessary) and send PM notifying them of the FH/GL truce. Also, there is DM thread which also can provide good information in regards to bringing those campers who are guilty to justice.

The forest is such an active place - you and your comrades will not be disappointed in their decision to help out Alvina.

I will be looking for your friend request and will send you shout-out on the XLN. Looking forward to fighting at your side.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:51 pm

How do we feel about GL's that have phantoms with them? If I find anyone that attacks me 2v1 as I approach I will do my very best to ruin them, but that's my policy for most people now.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Quarik wrote:How do we feel about GL's that have phantoms with them? If I find anyone that attacks me 2v1 as I approach I will do my very best to ruin them, but that's my policy for most people now.

Quarik - I would agree. Anyone who is looking to kill you - kill them first!! We had a couple of rogue GLs (w/ minions) during the mass invasion basically killing every hunter (or invader) they came across. Always defend yourself - that is first and foremost in my book.Never be a victim if you can help it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Random aside: was watching forest pvp videos and this guy had a quirky one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wDVRbIbOus&feature=relmfu

At about 13:00 he ends up casting WotG with a logan's catalyst, which is kinda fun. Maybe an input delay like I see with rolling commands a lot, but I've never done it with a spell.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 pm

gl's can summon help? whenever i gl all signs disappear, then i often get ganked by reds and blues, how are they getting help when gl'ing?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Gl can't summon help. But huntersor wraiths can act as makeshift body guards for the gl. I've yet to meet a forest gl though.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:33 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Gl can't summon help. But huntersor wraiths can act as makeshift body guards for the gl. I've yet to meet a forest gl though.

Roger that - I have never asked to body guard for GL in the forest before - interesting. Might have to give that a try next time I run into one. Maybe and I can get DxV04 to gravelord inside the forest and I body guard for him (against the reds of course).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:26 am