Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Leet
twigsterxd
StiffNipples
Animaaal
reim0027
cerealaire
Jansports
TheMeInTeam
Cabjoy
robsthedon
mankind
Sentiel
jerrmy12
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
hey its andres
X3RR0STR0N
SirArchmage
Xero
Acarnatia
befowler
densetsushun
Devokai
Wilkinson3424
Derpwraith
Avenger649
XachAttack
crbngville2
Exclusive
33 posters

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! Empty FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

Post by Sentiel Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:05 am

I'm trying to make a new build.
    As such I arrived with my SL 11 toon in Parish, thinking I could co-op Gargoyles a bit to get some Souls.
    Of course, I got invaded.

Invader had a combination of Black Knight and Dark armor. BKGS (one handing it), Bonewheel Shield, Wolf Ring and DWGR.
    He also had WoG (two stacks at least), Gravelord Greatsword Dance and Great Chaos Fireball.

Immediately after spawning, he insta killed my phantoms with WoG. Then he trolled me, by evading everything I threw at him with DWGR. I was trying to lure him into a bs, which worked, but he got 0 damage.
    Great...
    I lured him to the path between one Balder and three hollows with the intention to kick him down from the ledge.
    And I did kick him. However, as he was about to fall down, he vanished. After a few seconds, he appeared behind me, in full Artorias armor and I instantly died.

I left Parish and went to the forest to get Enchanted Ember and Hornet Ring. Perhaps join Forest Hunter cov to get Look Skyward later. I didn't expect invaders on SL 11, but meh. First was a guy with Lightning Great Scythe. Again, infinite HP. To my luck, he managed to kill himself by using the weapons running R1 and jumping off a cliff.

Another invader followed shortly after, but since I saw no sign of him, I went to Sif, to get Hornet Ring. The guy caught up with me in Sif's room. This guy had no torso. He had head, arms and legs, but no body. It was kinda creepy. After some DWGR-ing around me, he used Karmic Justice Explosion, or Ancient Pulse as it seems to be called now and insta killed me.

This all within fifteen minutes on PS3 with SL 11.
    Make me wanna quit this game completely and wait for sequel...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! Fuuuuuu-1

Last edited by Sentiel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Exclusive
    Exclusive
    Casual
    Casual

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! Empty Re: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

Post by Exclusive Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:15 am

Tough luck, hate it when you get invaded by a hacker, what do they achieve by hacking the game? Nothing. It's just pathetic, unlucky though mate.

Let's hope Dark Souls 2 doesn't involve the same hackers.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:16 am

Sorry to hear about so many hackers in such a short period of time. Low level griefers are disgusting enough on their own, but add hacking and........FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:33 am

Lowest of the low when you hack at that level.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:39 am

This is why I never go human lol. Sorry to hear all that crap dude, that would make me pretty damn irritated too.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 am

The final stand of the righteous ps3 forces against mods and hacks has failed- RIP dark souls integrity
    mankind
    mankind

Post by mankind Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:01 am

Sentiel wrote:I'm trying to make a new build.
    As such I arrived with my SL 11 toon in Parish, thinking I could co-op Gargoyles a bit to get some Souls.
    Of course, I got invaded.

Invader had a combination of Black Knight and Dark armor. BKGS (one handing it), Bonewheel Shield, Wolf Ring and DWGR.
    He also had WoG (two stacks at least), Gravelord Greatsword Dance and Great Chaos Fireball.

Immediately after spawning, he insta killed my phantoms with WoG. Then he trolled me, by evading everything I threw at him with DWGR. I was trying to lure him into a bs, which worked, but he got 0 damage.
    Great...
    I lured him to the path between one Balder and three hollows with the intention to kick him down from the ledge.
    And I did kick him. However, as he was about to fall down, he vanished. After a few seconds, he appeared behind me, in full Artorias armor and I instantly died.

I left Parish and went to the forest to get Enchanted Ember and Hornet Ring. Perhaps join Forest Hunter cov to get Look Skyward later. I didn't expect invaders on SL 11, but meh. First was a guy with Lightning Great Scythe. Again, infinite HP. To my luck, he managed to kill himself by using the weapons running R1 and jumping off a cliff.

Another invader followed shortly after, but since I saw no sign of him, I went to Sif, to get Hornet Ring. The guy caught up with me in Sif's room. This guy had no torso. He had head, arms and legs, but no body. It was kinda creepy. After some DWGR-ing around me, he used Karmic Justice Explosion, or Ancient Pulse as it seems to be called now and insta killed me.

This all within fifteen minutes on PS3 with SL 11.
    Make me wanna quit this game completely and wait for sequel...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! Fuuuuuu-1

kinda sad to read things like that. i recommend to log off when you see that there is a hacker invading. don't give them the chance to have "fun".

greets mk
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:10 am

I'm glad I went back to DeS. I only go DkS if a friend is looking for something.
    To the person who said, Let's hope Dark Souls 2 doesn't involve the same hackers.
    Don't worry, it will. Soon as the game comes out someone will start hacking it.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 am

If I find a hacker then I just block them and hopefully never have to deal with them again, if I am invaded by a hacker then usually I try to kill them or just disconnect.
    At least sony does something about hackers though, from what I have heard Microsoft just doesn't care.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:22 am

twigsterxd wrote:To the person who said, Let's hope Dark Souls 2 doesn't involve the same hackers.
    Don't worry, it will. Soon as the game comes out someone will start hacking it.

If it's server based, i can't see they can't check a players profile\stats and look for anything out of the ordinary. Wouldn't take much to do it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:45 am

PS3 has a bunch of max 99 stat infinite spell folks who are sl1 and can invade anywhere.  Look at the book of the guilty, tons of them now.  I blame that awful "mega mule" file, which was basically a roadmap for everyone to destroy what had been paradise.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 am

Avenger649 wrote:If I find a hacker then I just block them and hopefully never have to deal with them again, if I am invaded by a hacker then usually I try to kill them or just disconnect.
    At least sony does something about hackers though, from what I have heard Microsoft just doesn't care.
    When I returned to DkS, some...2 months ago, maybe longer, I cleared my Block List.
    I decided to not put douches and gankers in there this time. It gets full super fast this way. big grin

Only hackers and modders got blocked and now, my Block List is already full. A good third of the profiles were deleted when I checked them.

The probelm is that you can make as many PSN profiles as you want, so even if I block one profile, the same person can have six more.

I usually rage quit if I spot a hacker, but XMB is very slow and so it can take even 10 seconds to log off PSN. That's kinda hard to do once the guy saw you. I don't like pulling the cable, because I have to restart my modem and do the whole network setup thing in PS3. -__-

btw
    Another FFFFFUUUUUU thing, although more real life related.
    My ISP issued me a new Motorola modem. The thing is absolutely horrible, but I was told that it's designed for online games. Then I noticed a button on top of the modem. So I tried what the button does.
    Lagswitch...
    Backstab people from 50 meters no problem. No idea how it works, but it just stops my opponent and I can do whatever I want to him. I guess it works both ways. Why does a friggin' ISP give away modem like this?!
    I filled a complaint and demanded my previous modem back, but this still pissed the pants off me.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:47 pm

I found one person with infinite health only once on Ps3, either I'm lucky or you're just unlucky.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 pm

befowler wrote:PS3 has a bunch of max 99 stat infinite spell folks who are sl1 and can invade anywhere.  Look at the book of the guilty, tons of them now.  I blame that awful "mega mule" file, which was basically a roadmap for everyone to destroy what had been paradise.

It began with bb glitch, as everyone accepted all these shortcut methods we inadvertently put us on the path to this- widespread modding and hacking. I hope next game people are more sensible about popularising glitches and mods.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Ive found 3 hackers on PS3 in my entire time of playing it.

One at... of course the forest. I invaded him and he had Crystal gear, Crystal Shield, and a Crystal Greatsword. All hax gear, so he one shot me even when I parried him so gg.

One at... The Tomb of the Giants, the most pathetic one of all, he had to summon a phantom to help him kill me, I killed the phantom and then chain stabbed him, with no health being lost, and then he lagswitched me. GG.

The last at... The Archives! He was sitting near the bonfire and could not be hurt... so this is basically what I did.

Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:59 pm

It's one thing to make a build because you don't want to waste 10 hours of your life grinding a new one out every time you have a new idea just to let it end up as deleted garbage. It's an entirely different to exploit to the point you're effectively wasting countless hours of everyone else' time by making yourself invincible to everything but fall damage, and I've even seen a new brand of hacker on PC that just teleports back onto the stage if they're somehow tricked into falling. It amazes me the lengths people will go to to ruin any kind of fun someone else could be having.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Why is this crap being tolerated?  I don't understand.  These people need to be *console* banned, make them buy an entire new console if they want to go online again.  Things like this represent such  clear and flagrant violation of Ps3 and xbox terms of service (IE hacking) that there should be little doubt of the justification.

I hope next game people are more sensible about popularising glitches and mods.

Not going to happen.  There are only two ways we can avoid human trash finding their way into the game:

1.  Remove incentive:  Remove the desire for hacks, mules, and glitches by letting people make builds for exclusive PvP/dueling type usage, while leaving single player as it is.  This will not remove hackers, but will reduce the number.

2.  Consequences:  Violate terms of service to the extent of modding the console?  You're done with online play.  Get a new account/console.  Every time.  On PC, you could instead simply remove access to online play on that copy of the game account, or even go so far as to IP address ban :p.

There is no excuse for the continued existence of proven hackers on any console.  It's easily one of the biggest disgraces in gaming as a whole.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:53 pm

That's the problem.
    How can Sony, or From know about hackers on PS3? I highly doubt they somehow monitor each and every online session.
    And here's the catch. Ps3 users can't report other users like Xbox 360 users can. We can only Grief Report messages, not other players.

Rynn made a thread around here somewhere about going to quite some lengths in trying to report a hacker on Xbox and get the person banned. She contacted customer support, offered evidence, even video footage. Do you know what happened? Nothing.

PS3 is the same, if not worse. I heard stories about people getting banned for sharing downloaded content and for racists and sexist content in messages, but that's all.

I believe the major problem lies in the popularity of using lawsuits for everything lately. Kid gets banned for hacking and the company can have a lawsuit and medial scandal on it's hands pretty easily. While there are terms of usage agreement etc, there's also the fact that you can do whatever you want with the things you paid for. We can get into a debate of what is and is not ban worthy and how laws and agreements work, but it's pointless and the companies probably know this very well and try to avoid it. If they ban someone for getting downloadable content without paying, it's a clear case of theft. If they ban someone for content of their messages, it can be slander. Who knows. But these cases are easy to defend is somebody decides to bring a lawsuit. Cases of modding, hacking etc are much more complex and difficult and thus best avoided, or dealt with internally, by issuing patches and fixes.

That's what I think at least. We're on the internet, so I'm pretty sure there's someone who can shed more light on the matter if you so desire.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I think it's the fact people openly use builds in videos- especially (souls community) famous youtubers, that are obviously gonna be modded/glitched/whatever that is the worst part. A guy looks up "Dark Souls PvP" on youtube and people see glitched builds and hacks everywhere. No wonder new players instantly know that there's hacks and go searching for them.

I think if youtubers were more responsible about their videos, i.e using legit builds, not showing hackers on their videos or even more important- not showing how to glitch, the problem would be lessened at least a bit..

Also approaches like our wiki and forums in rules against outlining how to glitch are important, though if we collectively denied their existence it would be more effective (though too strict and impossible imo)

Sen- imo the more worrying part of that situation you just outlined isnt the fact companies get scared about suits, its the fact people can sue if they are banned from online which is utterly ridiculous. Law suit to a company because they rightfully terminated your account based on terms of service? Well done planet earth applause

This parody in the film "The Incredibles" demonstrates perfectly how idiotic lawsuits are:

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 pm

To be fair, finding out how to do these very specific, game related hacks isn't as easy as, say, using MM, which in and of itself is a simplified version of a more difficult to figure out save file modding someone found out how to do. To say one leads to the other is quite the leap. There is, however, an increase in hacks due to the ability to mod save files, but it's not as easily available as MM.

As to why people hack, on one hand it's a mystery, but on the other hand, who didn't use a cheat code to summon a tank in GTA(even if it's within the mechanics of the game)? I'm not defending hackers, quite frankly I condemn them for ruining online play for others, but nothing about this is as black and white as people seem to think.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:09 pm

How can Sony, or From know about hackers on PS3? I highly doubt they somehow monitor each and every online session.

Sony would struggle to know individual games, but could likely regularly update software to pick up on whether the system has been tampered.

From, however, could easily detect impossible data being transferred in its code.  With servers picking up on most hacks would be trivial.  Try even a simple map hack in starcraft 2 and watch what happens.  It wouldn't take long for that player to no longer have a copy of the game that is playable online.  Sony and From each lack excuses.  This stuff is standard in some games.

Rynn made a thread around here somewhere about going to quite some lengths in trying to report a hacker on Xbox and get the person banned. She contacted customer support, offered evidence, even video footage. Do you know what happened? Nothing.

That is consistent with other players' experience and even a well-known youtuber who calls out hackers in Call of Duty games.  The report hacking option is absolutely worthless.  I've seen no evidence of anybody being banned for hacking, ever.  Message content?  Sure.  Inappropriate profile photos?  Yeah, sometimes.  But tampering with the console?  That's okay apparently.

I believe the major problem lies in the popularity of using lawsuits for everything lately. Kid gets banned for hacking and the company can have a lawsuit and medial scandal on it's hands pretty easily. While there are terms of usage agreement etc, there's also the fact that you can do whatever you want with the things you paid for.

No way.  Steam games don't even give you physical copies, and basically have in their ToS that they can take away your rights to a game for quite a few reasons.  I've seen no evidence that people getting their access terminated have success in court.  Kids getting banned for hacking and complaining about it would be effective positive PR advertising and nothing more.

Cases of modding, hacking etc are much more complex and difficult and thus best avoided, or dealt with internally, by issuing patches and fixes.

No.  We have clear precedent, over half a decade old, of companies successfully and laudably banning people explicitly for hacking and nothing else.  I will not accept such an excuse and give From/Sony/Microsoft a pass in doing so.  They might not be able to pick up on modded controllers, but they sure as heck can detect and punish system tampering and impossible/violating data being transferred over the internet.  It isn't that hard.

I think if youtubers were more responsible about their videos, i.e using legit builds, not showing hackers on their videos or even more important- not showing how to glitch, the problem would be lessened at least a bit..

Slightly, but trivially.  If you can hack without consequences, it's not a secret that games will have hacks and people will find them.

its the fact people can sue if they are banned from online which is utterly ridiculous. Law suit to a company because they rightfully terminated your account based on terms of service? Well done planet earth

I don't buy it.  These companies know what they're doing.  Can you find any successful suits against Blizzard Entertainment regarding account bans in the last seven years+?  If From/Sony/MS are using this as an excuse it's completely pathetic.

I'm not defending hackers, quite frankly I condemn them for ruining online play for others, but nothing about this is as black and white as people seem to think.

Actually, violations of terms of service are pretty clear.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Meh. Life's too short to waste on these [insert profane adjective of your choice] people. If I can't have fun with them (such as bleeding them out), then I'll commit suicide or just put my controller down and chat here or on the DkS chatroom or on skype, or whatever. If he doesn't kill me, then I dashboard and block. I don't care if it gives him what I want. It gives me what I want - to quickly get back into playing DkS and not have to deal with [profane noun here].
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 pm

befowler wrote:PS3 has a bunch of max 99 stat infinite spell folks who are sl1 and can invade anywhere.  Look at the book of the guilty, tons of them now.  I blame that awful "mega mule" file, which was basically a roadmap for everyone to destroy what had been paradise.

I may have misread this but if you're thinking mega mule gives 99 of all stats, that's wrong. You start at either sl 1 or 4, (depending on save file), you get 999,999 souls which brings you to sl 613 or 619.
    But, if you're blaming it cause it's a modded save file, I have to agree with reim bout his bb comment.
    Sorry bef, just confused as to which way you meant.

@Sent - The only other way for Sony or FROM to catch them is if someone reports the hacker. Sony would have their psn and get the ISP once they logged onto the network, send data to FROM and go from there. Don't forget we had a guy from here who said he was banned for using MM. Sony probably got reports and had ways to look into it and banned his psn.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 am

Reim gets a big Rep bonus from me for his excelent post.
    You are absolutely right good sir.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 am

twigsterxd wrote:

I may have misread this but if you're thinking mega mule gives 99 of all stats, that's wrong. You start at either sl 1 or 4, (depending on save file), you get 999,999 souls which brings you to sl 613 or 619.
    But, if you're blaming it cause it's a modded save file, I have to agree with reim bout his bb comment.
    Sorry bef, just confused as to which way you meant.

@Sent - The only other way for Sony or FROM to catch them is if someone reports the hacker. Sony would have their psn and get the ISP once they logged onto the network, send data to FROM and go from there. Don't forget we had a guy from here who said he was banned for using MM. Sony probably got reports and had ways to look into it and banned his psn.

What I meant was that almost immediately after the mega mule file hit, hackers were everywhere on the PS3.  There were zero visible ones in the Book of the Guilty before it came out (I often read it while waiting on coop summons, in case I run into listed invaders so I know their gear) -- within a few weeks of the mega mule file coming out there were dozens.  I do not think this was a coincidence.  But to be clear, I don't necessarily consider just using that file makes you a hacker, at this point in the game's life cycle I understand veterans wanting to be able to fast forward through parts of it.  But what I do think is that the file made it much, much easier for hackers to take the file and break it open to put together their sl1, 100k hp monstrosities.

In other words, I am willing to live with a bb glitch or mega mule file if its primary effect is to save people a few hours here and there but has no major negative impact on the gameplay of others.  Someone who knows how to make a lightning claymore +5 is going to make one, getting a muled one just speeds it up.  But giving yourself max stats at sl1, 900+ defenses, etc breaks the game.  I don't lose sleep over this either, I just think it's a real tragedy because it likely does drive other players away from the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:44 pm