Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Leet
twigsterxd
StiffNipples
Animaaal
reim0027
cerealaire
Jansports
TheMeInTeam
Cabjoy
robsthedon
mankind
Sentiel
jerrmy12
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
hey its andres
X3RR0STR0N
SirArchmage
Xero
Acarnatia
befowler
densetsushun
Devokai
Wilkinson3424
Derpwraith
Avenger649
XachAttack
crbngville2
Exclusive
33 posters

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 5 Empty Re: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 am

It wasn't intended as a hack. but it is an open save file. The one thing PS3 had over Xbox was the savefile was locked\copyright protected. XBL wouldn't allow a locked file, with MM PS3 does not have that anymore. There's a very very good chance MM is resposible. I imagine it was intended as a helpful tool, but as with most things in life, it is abused. Like the BB glitch, most people used it for builds, while you had a certain % who used it to twink and grief low level\new people.

PS And as for the questions why do people use it, you might as well ask why do people pick on a kid in school. There's good people out there but there's also 'orrible little gits. And as with most gits, the more hatemail\hate threads you make the more they're going to do it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:27 am

Well you need to hack in to be able to mod a save file. From that its not hard to go from changing the need of items you possess to the size of your HP and stamina bars- that's your problem right there.

Besides, the sheer increase of the number of hackers directly correlates with the popularisation of the mm. There's no debating that, and there's no other explanation or cause which is anywhere near as likely as it being linked to the mm.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 am

Serious_Much wrote:Well you need to hack in to be able to mod a save file. From that its not hard to go from changing the need of items you possess to the size of your HP and stamina bars- that's your problem right there.

Besides, the sheer increase of the number of hackers directly correlates with the popularisation of the mm. There's no debating that, and there's no other explanation or cause which is anywhere near as likely as it being linked to the mm.
    Except that requires a much more active role than MM, which is just a savefile that's ready made to deploy onto your console with all the stuff. I'm not saying MM isn't making it easier for others to mod the already modded save, but MM is so easy to use anyone could use it. Modding is a bit more difficult.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 am

In theory. if you download the MM save file, what's stopping you from editing the said save file to allow your characters to have unlimited health? Back in Halo CE I used "ways" to mod my weapons skin. It was purely aesthetic and only I saw it. It was fairly easy to do as well. As such I believe that if one would want to, he can edit the save file before putting it into PS3. If my memory is right, I ran into a program that was able to edit save files when I was making themes for PS3. You just uploaded the file into it and changed some values and it was done. It very simple to use too. It was for Xbox though, but there's bound to be a PS3 version as well.

I'm trying to say that once the save file protection was broken, the person that did it, must've been either ignorant, or a hopeless optimist to not see the possibility of people doing this. Modding the save file. They did it on Xbox and PC, so why the hell would you allow them to do it on PS3 as well?!

After fixing BB glitch, the amount of twinks dropped drastically over the time, however, soon after I learned about MM, twinks were all over Burg and Parish, just like in BB days. But this time, some of them had infinite HP and ridiculous setups that shouldn't work on such SLs. Before MM I have never ran into a single hacker/modder. The worst I got was TWoD and Dragon Head abusers. No stat modding, no super crystal weapons, no insta curse weapons, no Karmic whatever Miracle, no infinite HP, no invisible bodies, nothing. But shortly after MM was introduced, I meet these...things...on daily basis.

1000+ hours of nothing and I get now one, or more per 24 hours now? What a coincidence. Completely unrelated to MM at all.

Next thing you'll have me believe that putting a spider in a microwave oven and letting it bite me afterwards will turn me into Wolverine.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 am

I never said there's no correlation, but someone else already broke the save protection, that's why the person who made MM was able to do so. And I agree that it makes it that much easier to mod stuff, because once you get a file with a broken save protection it's trivial for you to mod the file itself. I'm just saying that the act of modding takes a lot more of an active participation than just getting MM.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Before MM i had run into a few hackers, emphasis on a few. Then MM comes along and all of the sudden I'm fighting people in full DW with the Greatsword of Artorias at level 1.

Before they were stupid and would let you bleed them, but now they pop divine blessings because they realized they have a finite amount of hp.

Hackers in general are getting worse. Now they do things like give themselves a few levels more than they should have so they seem overpowered but you cannot prove that. It totally sucks when you're fighting someone and the moment they start to lose they start popping divine blessings.

F--- DAT
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:20 pm

All of this "MM correlates" to hacking is just talk. It makes a lot of sense, but i'd like to see a site/thread/anything that shows the amount of hackers on Dks before and after MM. I'm not saying that it's not true. It probably is. But, who's to say? Someone just woke up one day and said, "Wow, i'm running into a lot of hackers, and it just so happen to be after the MM release." I don't get where that came from.

Like i said, it makes sense. But still. Show me some evidence. And show me some evidence you can hack the MM. I can't really go into to detail but a 10 year old child could get the MM. Now, a 10 year old child can't hack the MM. It's just a bunch of random data. File saves. It would make sense though to have a program you put said data into, and using the program can change values. I just can't seem to find any evidence on it. I found a statistic and a while ago that mentioned numbers of hackers. It was an insane amount of hackers. Both Xbox and Ps3, and i seen this way before MM.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:31 pm

This thread has almost run its course and gotten off topic. Sent started off talking about getting killed by a hacker in the Forest and it has morphed into another MM ethics debate and borderline discussion of how to hack, including the theory is that the MM is easier to hack.

Yes, it is a hot topic, with very passionate people on both sides. But, these discussions always end up the same. Same arguments with the same result. It is both the spawn of satan and, at the same time, the best thing since bacon was discovered (depending on your view point).
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 am

I must've missed all of this MM business while on hiatus from the game. Has it just blown up in the last couple of weeks or has it been an ongoing problem for a longer while now?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:26 am

My poor little thread. sad
    I just wanted a thread to let out some of my PvP frustration.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 am

Cabjoy wrote:I must've missed all of this MM business while on hiatus from the game. Has it just blown up in the last couple of weeks or has it been an ongoing problem for a longer while now?

MM has been around about 6 months. Since then, people are finding more hackers now than before. Funny thing is, on pc and xbox, they have been fighting hackers for awhile. On ps3, we have seen an increase in the last couple months and you would think some people have been fighting them since the game came out, the way they talk.
    I agree with reim, (since I said the same thing in another thread), MM talk gets us no where. There's supporters and haters. Let's get back on topic and discuss MM in a thread already discussing it.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 am

Sentiel wrote:My poor little thread. sad
    I just wanted a thread to let out some of my PvP frustration.

And now everyone can let out their frustration in the one nice and contained place big grin

Like now, I need to rant about Pursuers, f**king OP as sh*t spell.
    Just got invaded by Mother Russia with more lag than God, all the Pursuers hit a tree, few seconds later I just die, 1900hp gone in one hit.

It's a bit bullsh*t, he wasn't even a glass cannon, he was a tank with spells as a secondary.

So balanced sad
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:19 am

I recently started using my Int build for a change from my Quality one.
    What you say is true. Pursuers can get quite OP. However, even with 44 Int, TCC, CoD and BDCR I've never done 1900 with them in PvP.
    When lag and Pursuers get combined, it's best to literally run away from both the spell and it's caster. It's not cowardly, or anything. There's simply no way to know where the spell actually is and you can get hit by it even if it missed you, or hit an object on your screen. So unless you have some protection against them like GMB, SMS, or Havel's Greatshield, I suggest you hightail it out of there.

When I'm on the Int topic. The new Int build I made (there was even a topic about it) is working splendidly. I haven't had so much fun in ages. Recently, I managed to do a combo with Broadsword that took my opponents full 1590 HP. It was extremely satisfying. However I'm not as good as Billy and I simply can't fight gankers, or guys with very high Poise that bs fish, or R1 spam me with Broadsword. that's when I was really glad to have Dark Bead and Pursuers. As hated as they can be, those two are lifesavers when you meet gankers, or your typical high Poise Gold Tracer spammer.

That said, my Dark Bead usually does around 1200-1300 damage (44 Int, Logan's + CoD), but I'm dissapointed that my CSS does only around 600-700. When I get hit by it it usually takes away a good 1000, or more of my HP. Still, CSS has more kills than DB and Pursuers for me. I usually use it on long distance, where it's homing works well enough that it can't be evaded by simple strafing. For some reason, probably lag related this usually hits most Japanese players. A reason more to like it. happy
    Not to mention the annoying guys that heal, use something nasty, or consider Pursuers a buff and expect you to let them cast the spell. CSS is irreplaceable for these situations.
    Still, I'd like to know why the damage is only around 600-700 with 44 Int, Logan's and CoD...
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:29 am

Yeah that's strange, CSS should be doing more than that, I found it to usually do about 200 less than DB/purs.

The guy was pretty laggy, so yeah I just legged it backwards and waited for the Pursuers to hit a tree (which I saw them explode on), then I moved out from behind it and got the Pursuers hitting sound again and hey presto I'm dead (he didn't recast it either, it was just laggy, but it's annoying that he can one hit me even though he's a tank, there should be a tradeoff like there is with Glass Cannon builds for onehitability).

For example, I do 8000damage with a shotgun of Dark Bead on my Hypermage (40str, 50int, Manus Cat, RTS, CoD, Dusks Ring, Power Within). I could get more if I went with Bellowing instead of Dusks Ring too, but I only have 25HP and will die from a fart. That to me is an acceptable tradeoff

CSS does a fair bit less than that, mostly because of the Catalyst, about 4.5k I think.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:44 am

You never know. When you said he was a tank I simply imagined someone in full Havel's. Everyone can equip that and it won't reveal much about their stats. It could've been some new who just went for the most badass looking armor, hoping it will work like in many other RPGs and will reduce the damage received to nothing.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:58 am

True, that is possible.

FWIW he was full Giants bar CoD, CMW buffed Estoc, Medium roll, TCC, I can't really guess more than that though.

I was SL120, he was a Forest Bro.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm

StiffNipples wrote: will die from a fart. 

LOL +1
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    StiffNipples wrote: will die from a fart. 

LOL +1

lol! 

And +1 because I missed that part.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Well going back on topic....

The forest can be bad, but the burg is by far the worst. Township has probably become the best in terms of least amount of hackers, merely because most hackers probably get dark souls for $15 then hack it.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Everybody talks so bad about the burg, but i rarely run into problems. I don't remember the last time i was faced up against gankers in the Burg, and rarely fight a hacker. If there is a hacker, i simply jump off and kill myself. I won't give them the satisfaction. I have played "lets see how many times i can parry the hacker" though. Which is fun. But ultimately, i just jump off.

If someone has to hack, obviously i'd wreck them without the hacks. A skilled/experienced player can trash people without hacks. Hacking is a sign of weakness/cowardness.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 pm

TooLeet wrote:Everybody talks so bad about the burg, but i rarely run into problems. I don't remember the last time i was faced up against gankers in the Burg, and rarely fight a hacker. If there is a hacker, i simply jump off and kill myself. I won't give them the satisfaction. I have played "lets see how many times i can parry the hacker" though. Which is fun. But ultimately, i just jump off.

If someone has to hack, obviously i'd wreck them without the hacks. A skilled/experienced player can trash people without hacks. Hacking is a sign of weakness/cowardness.

What sl are you at in the berg? I know from personal experience that if I'm human coming from FL, I get invaded almost right away. Or if I wait to rev at the bf, I get invaded soon as I leave that room. 9 out of 10 are gankers or hackers and I'm usually around sl 10.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:58 pm

twigsterxd wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:Everybody talks so bad about the burg, but i rarely run into problems. I don't remember the last time i was faced up against gankers in the Burg, and rarely fight a hacker. If there is a hacker, i simply jump off and kill myself. I won't give them the satisfaction. I have played "lets see how many times i can parry the hacker" though. Which is fun. But ultimately, i just jump off.

What sl are you at in the berg? I know from personal experience that if I'm human coming from FL, I get invaded almost right away. Or if I wait to rev at the bf, I get invaded soon as I leave that room. 9 out of 10 are gankers or hackers and I'm usually around sl 10.

9/10 is a but high imo. That's not been my experience at all. More like 1/100. NOT saying you're lying or anything...just saying.

PS3 right?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:14 pm

twigsterxd wrote:

SL 100 - 125.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 pm

SL 120 I get a lot of hackers. Not 9/10 (Jesus I would stop playing), but maybe around 1/7 hosts at it's most. As far as invaders go, I hardly ever run into hacking invaders, it's mostly hosts. Maybe they're trying to punish us or something? rolling eyes 
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 pm

When i'm in the Burg, i just dry finger. That sounded bad but, maybe that's why i don't have problems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:07 am