Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Leet
twigsterxd
StiffNipples
Animaaal
reim0027
cerealaire
Jansports
TheMeInTeam
Cabjoy
robsthedon
mankind
Sentiel
jerrmy12
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
hey its andres
X3RR0STR0N
SirArchmage
Xero
Acarnatia
befowler
densetsushun
Devokai
Wilkinson3424
Derpwraith
Avenger649
XachAttack
crbngville2
Exclusive
33 posters

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 3 Empty Re: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Too Leet please don't out line how to obtain and use the mega mule. It is along the the same lines of a glitch or hack and is therefore against rule 7 of the forum.

I've edited out the offending part of your post to maintain the integrity of the thread abd forum

Thanks happy
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:11 pm

jerrmy12 wrote:
    TheMeInTeamWhy is this crap being tolerated?  I don't understand.  These people need to be *console* banned, make them buy an entire new console if they want to go online again.  Things like this represent such  clear and flagrant violation of Ps3 and xbox terms of service (IE hacking) that there should be little doubt of the justification. wrote:I hope next game people are more sensible about popularising glitches and mods.Not going to happen.  There are only two ways we can avoid human trash finding their way into the game:1.  Remove incentive:  Remove the desire for hacks, mules, and glitches by letting people make builds for exclusive PvP/dueling type usage, while leaving single player as it is.  This will not remove hackers, but will reduce the number.2.  Consequences:  Violate terms of service to the extent of modding the console
    really?putting saves on a ps3 isnt hacking.and console ban for griefing 1 game? *** retarded, ban thier ip or something from the game OR ban making new accounts..
    [/quote]

The mule itself isn't the issue, but if anti hacks caught it alongside all of the other hacking done it would be a worthy sacrifice.

If From doesn't want people to have easy access to items after earning them once, that's their design choice.  It's a poor one, but that's how they built the game.

Personally I'd like to see a NG+ option that gives you a starting SL character with all of the items you collected from a previous NG completion and give you the option of which NG+ to start on.  That way, anybody who's run through many NG iterations wouldn't have to do it again.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Except, then low-level characters have gear that is obviously overpowered at that point in the game, and if said players then participate in online features, it alters the very nature of the game at low levels. This game sucks all the more for new players because of things like megamule.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:49 pm

As I once said, the game tells you to prepare to die, not to prepare to have no chance.
    A new player, unfamiliar with the game and it's PvP hardly stands a chance against an invader with the same gear as he has. Facing someone with at least some PvP experience and end game gear, makes the fight absolutely impossible to win for him. Not to mention if the said invader goes so far to resort to hacking, to make himself invulnerable.

If I was a new player and met all those hackers I met in Burg and Parish, as I described before, I would either quit the game completely, believing it's broken and full of cheaters, or would just finish it offline and then do the same. I don't think it's far-fetched to say that I'm not the only who would think this way, so such behavior is going to have only negative results on the community (less players) and the quality of the game (because the people that faced hackers may resort to hacking themselves).
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:22 pm

If you know the game well, however, it's very easy to use no mule and invade with maxed elemental weapons on SL 1-10 targets in the parish.

Maybe they really just need a separate PvP thing where you can literally make builds in-game out of thin air, that are impossible to use for questing/invasions.
    jerrmy12

Post by jerrmy12 Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:48 am

Sentiel wrote:As I once said, the game tells you to prepare to die, not to prepare to have no chance.A new player, unfamiliar with the game and it's PvP hardly stands a chance against an invader with the same gear as he has. Facing someone with at least some PvP experience and end game gear, makes the fight absolutely impossible to win for him. Not to mention if the said invader goes so far to resort to hacking, to make himself invulnerable.If I was a new player and met all those hackers I met in Burg and Parish, as I described before, I would either quit the game completely, believing it's broken and full of cheaters, or would just finish it offline and then do the same. I don't think it's far-fetched to say that I'm not the only who would think this way, so such behavior is going to have only negative results on the community (less players) and the quality of the game
    it's modding not hacking. hacking would be jailbreaking your ps3 and using edited
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:12 am

I don't really care what's the proper term. It's all the same to me. Cheating. Doesn't matter what way they go about it.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 am

Yes, let's not split hairs over this, the outcome is essentially the same.

@Serious, I know as a mod you have a responsibility to these forums, however, I think it is very relevant to the problem that a certain popular Dark Souls site (probably more popular than the wikis or forums) posts save editing instructions in a very blatant manner. I honestly didn't know what the "Mega mule" was when I first saw that and after clicking on it I learned how to mod the save files.

Now, I'm not saying that modding is forbidden knowledge that's impossible to find, although I wish it were so, but, leaving a link like that may be encouraging people to mod who otherwise wouldn't be.

One final note, a friend of mind pointed out to me that there are more hackers (infinite hp, inf stamina, ?weaponname?, etc.) on Sunday. I thought maybe this was a bit presumptuous, but come Sunday I run into 2 mods in my first 3 invasions as opposed to rarely if I invade during the week. This is on xbox, and I'm just curious of what you guys make of this.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:07 am

hey its andres wrote:I don't know about that. I mean I'm sure I've gotten tons of complaints, not because I hack but because I was part of the first wave of CMW falchions (hey I thought I was being original this was like a year ago!).

This!!.
    I've said it here a few times, for every hacker there's 10 idiots that can't take that they're not so good at the game or they play one way and expect you to play that way and thus hack accusations fly around. M$ and Sony got to deal with a lot of this crap. I helped run a BF3 server, out of about 50 hack accusations we got 1 legit one.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:03 am

Andres I don't know what you're talking about? What link? I'm aware that a couple popular dks websites have links to mm, but as I said to other members, it's an indirect link that's not physically on the forum. We don't have responsibility for other sites, so talking about them is fairly redundant.
    mankind
    mankind

Post by mankind Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 am

R.I.P. dks online!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KUyIbL8TBSw&

met several modded builds during the weekend. its really sad how the megamule file destroyed everything. its easy to mod the file, there is also a tool and you just need a few mouseclicks. very, very sad.

greets mk

Last edited by mankind on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:27 am

Yeah considering the current discussion this is very relevant:

Serious_Much wrote:FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 3 40072074
    jerrmy12

Post by jerrmy12 Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:00 am

Serious_Much wrote:Yeah considering the current discussion this is very relevant:

Serious_Much wrote:FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 3 40072074
    lol true, it also "does give them/me 60k hp and 99999999 stamina"

Last edited by jerrmy12 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mankind
    mankind

Post by mankind Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:12 am

someone who has no time to make a build is not an experienced player! this is just a shame for every dks fan. i made hundrets of builds with the bb glitch and when it got removed i made it by playing the game. megamule is just a piece of crap! it opens the door to all that **** we have now! gamesave modders everywhere.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 am

@jerrmy12 - It does not give 60k hp OR 999,999 stamina.
    It gives you 999,999 in souls. If you get 999,999 in stamina, then you hacked it. With MM you level up the same way you normally do. The only difference is, you don't have to soul farm.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:04 am

I agree that making yet another PvP only build the normal way is extremely boring for vets and other long time players. Especially farming. Ever wanted to have a quality build with every weapon? Oh the nightmares...

However, I don't think saving our time by using a mod/hack like this to make PvP builds fast is enough justification to ruin the game, because there will be those that will use it to mod their gear/stats.

Still, there's a nice way to go around farming without the need to resort to Mega Mule and BB glitch.
    Trading.
    This very forum has a section dedicated to trading and player help, with many guys, like Lord of Ash and Demon Slayer willing to give you all the titanite, or already finished weapons for little to no price at all. Using their services makes the community bond together and makes people actually join the community and help/kill each other. Relying on some modded save robs the people that use of the magnificent experience of waiting 30 minutes for the friggin' game to finally connect you with the trader and receive your long awaited shiny shiny. This ridiculous waiting kind of substitutes the joy of finally getting that titanite Slab with the joy of finally summoning the other guy. big grin

What then? Finfish the game with all the stuff? No need to search for anything, collect, explore, learn the mechanics even and after you're done, leave the game. Perhaps troll a few sad guys that play it for over a thousand hours and have nothing better to do with their lives with infinite HP and insta kill weapons?
    mankind
    mankind

Post by mankind Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 am

some of you don't recognize that the MM is the key to mod (not to hack) the savegame file. you only need 2 tools to do it.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:12 pm

mankind wrote:some of you don't recognize that the MM is the key to mod (not to hack) the savegame file. you only need 2 tools to do it.
    Except it's not exactly the key. Megamule is a savefile that's decrypted, you get a Pedited and you won't need MM. Hackers will always have the tools and means to do what they do, and they will always publish it, which means there will always be people around who will hack.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:04 pm

For the past three days, given by the language option in PSN profile, I have fought Japanese players in more than 9 out of 10 fights. I seriously haven't met more than 15 people that had a different language than Japanese selected in their profiles.
    SL 100 in Burg, Ariamis, Archives a little bit of Tomb of Giants and Township.
    Tried hosting and also invading as both red and blue.
    Played almost all day long with some breaks, so I covered almost all possible time zones. Can't sleep with this heat. -__-

I'm seriously sick of all those lagstabs that I can't defend against.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I swear to Gwyn, if one more guy Hornet frontstabs me I will chainstab his sorry back like a massage parlor.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Sentiel wrote:For the past three days, given by the language option in PSN profile, I have fought Japanese players in more than 9 out of 10 fights. I seriously haven't met more than 15 people that had a different language than Japanese selected in their profiles.
    SL 100 in Burg, Ariamis, Archives a little bit of Tomb of Giants and Township.
    Tried hosting and also invading as both red and blue.
    Played almost all day long with some breaks, so I covered almost all possible time zones. Can't sleep with this heat. -__-

I'm seriously sick of all those lagstabs that I can't defend against.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I swear to Gwyn, if one more guy Hornet frontstabs me I will chainstab his sorry back like a massage parlor.
    90% of my connections are with Japanese players, and it's crazy how many of them are either glass canons, fishers, or lagstabbers. I have no idea why the connection ratio is so skewed, perhaps it's because far more Japanese players are still playing on PS3 than any others.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 pm

I wish From/Sony had put in some sort of latency cap on connecting to a game at all.  The problem with playing against Japanese players isn't that they're Japanese or carrying 1-shot builds, the problem is that you can connect to them even with >500ms ping, which can allow you to be hit long before you even see the attacks coming.  Lagstabs with their hit detection updating are the worst, but you can easily die to pretty much anything in such an environment, almost (though not quite) like a built-in lag switch.  How is that a good experience to anybody?  If the connection is that awful, it should never connect.

Net code in a lot of modern games is flagrantly awful, and it's even more glaring when you're talking about games with 50,000+ players around such that it is almost certain you could find multiple groups of 10-12 who have <75ms ping to each other.  NOPE, must deal out lag, then add pretend lag on top of it to make it fair!  Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You can't even do idiot-basic stuff like telling your game to only connect to a certain ping time or better.............why is that again?

I can't wait for servers in DS II.  Given the incompetency of lag compensation in modern gaming (and it's really bad in most games), servers are pretty much the only option where you can reliably determine that you have a reasonably fair experience.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:43 pm

I usually mind fishers only because they're boring, but these guys are usually impossible to counter, so I have to take out a spear and keep my distance and turtle as much as possible. I don't know how else to fight them if I can't counter bs them and cancel their bs with attacks and staggers. Well, yeah i could try to fish even harder then they do, but that sucks and is boring.

On the other hand, I love glass cannons. They're pretty rare and always a thrill to fight, because you know you're dead if you make a single mistake. Although I hate the buffed Large Club + Hornet glass cannons. I just stand there and do horizontal swings at random times and don't really care for the result. -__-

I had a funny guy in Burg. He used Chameleon to hide as a barrel and waited for me to go close to one shot me with a spell, or something.

Me: "There ain't supposed to be no barrel there matey."

So I took out my trusty Composite Bow and killed the guy with a single arrow (real glass cannon for you).
    He then messaged me with English even worse than mine own (and that's saying something) that I was the first person to do this. Everybody just either ignores him, or runs at him and dies, or they kill each other. We shared a few words and laughed.

That said, even if I hate on the strange lag, or latency if you will that I and hopefully you as well, have with Asian players, they are kind people. It's not like they send you hatemail, or tell you to stfu and gtfo if you message them. They will talk to you in most cases, even if they know little English, which is more than the rest of randoms I meet do. They usually only end up sending me stuff like "get gud scrub *insert many poorly written profanities and insulting one's own mother*.
    My usual reply to these is that this is not Call of Duty. big grin

It's more fun to talk to someone who knows little English but tries to communicate instead of native speaker who intentionally writes like a person with all fingers broken. I don't own a goddamn Enigma to decypher this kind of messages.
    jerrmy12

Post by jerrmy12 Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:54 pm

twigsterxd wrote:@jerrmy12 - It does not give 60k hp OR 999,999 stamina.
    It gives you 999,999 in souls. If you get 999,999 in stamina, then you hacked it. With MM you level up the same way you normally do. The only difference is, you don't have to soul farm.

well DUH
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:05 pm

mankind wrote:R.I.P. dks online!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KUyIbL8TBSw&

met several modded builds during the weekend. its really sad how the megamule file destroyed everything. its easy to mod the file, there is also a tool and you just need a few mouseclicks. very, very sad.

greets mk

Damn R.I.P indeed, the mm has ruined it, i vaded an invisible player in the forrest at the weekend, I didn't know about that mod, plus I got invaded buy a few modders/hackers, hopefully they will get bored and leave.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:12 pm

That said, even if I hate on the strange lag, or latency if you will that I and hopefully you as well, have with Asian players, they are kind people. It's not like they send you hatemail, or tell you to stfu and gtfo if you message them. They will talk to you in most cases, even if they know little English, which is more than the rest of randoms I meet do. They usually only end up sending me stuff like "get gud scrub *insert many poorly written profanities and insulting one's own mother*.
    My usual reply to these is that this is not Call of Duty. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 3 2183680451

There are aspects of USA casual gameplay culture I could do without, and you've mentioned them.  That said, every population group has its good and bad players.  I would have 0 problems playing with Asian players, even if they knew as much English as I know Chinese/Japanese/Korean (very little, a couple Japanese words that I could only say, not write, not enough to manage a 5 second conversation I'd suspect).  The only problem is the lag.

In some games, lag doesn't matter a whole lot.  Take any game series like HOMM, Civilization, Warlords, or other turn-based strategy games for example.  You could have 1000ms ping, and it would only be mildly frustrating because people are moving based on taking turns.  Given the option, one would likely not set their system to only connect to opponents with excellent ping in TBS, at least if there were some anti-double moving checks in place.

However, in games like Dark Souls, where being 1/4 to 1/2 of a second behind can kill you nigh-instantly, it's not a fun experience.  It's not fun to repeatedly lose or even to win that way.  It gets to the point where connection absolutely trumps all player skill and choices.

So, why not have an option to cap how much ping one is willing to play with, and wait until you find a game with a suitable connection?  Games with *good* design around their net code would allow this.  It's been many years and I've yet to see a single good excuse from designers or anyone else as to why having such a simple feature is a bad thing.  It would be especially useful given how difficult it apparently is for your typical game to "make lag fair" between players with higher ping times.  I'm tired of watching people pull host and then be at a substantial disadvantage in other games, it's a joke much like how it is literally impossible to sight-parry in DS online because the visual delay is so great (why are backstabs client side, but not parries?  It's arbitrary). 

DS 1 would be made considerably better by simply making backstabs and ripostes not do a client-side updating animation, and instead simply being a regular attack that hits for an equivalent amount of damage.  The hard-animation of BS and their ability to interrupt other actions is what makes them seem so ridiculous compared ot other attacks.  During REGULAR attacks, you can hit someone and even get animation that you hit them on your screen, and do no damage.  That absolutely can't happen with backstabs right now, only way there's no damage is if you're hit for damage yourself...which isn't a requirement for evading other attacks.  Lag literally alters their balance relative to other attacks, because lag treats them differently than other attacks...only exacerbated by the fact that the game will happily connect you to someone with ridiculous ping times to you.

Telling your game "Hey, only connect me to <75ms (or 100, or whatever) ping" is a simple and long-time effective solution.  Why can't you do this in any popular modern game I can think of?  This is one way I *would* mod a console lol.

It really pisses me off.  You could do a manual search to hosts by ping over 10 years ago, grab any host with an acceptable value along with other players who did the same, and have great first-person shooter experiences on a consistent basis.  It is utterly pathetic that games like DS, Black Ops II, and Halo can't even match, let alone surpass, a simple and effective system that was available to people who played Unreal Tournament over a decade ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 pm