Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
hey its andres
TheMeInTeam
SirArchmage
Frank Poole
Derpwraith
Xero
Serious_Much
elloguvnas
Animaaal
Acarnatia
barrywilkins
Sneezer
FinPeku
KrazykevS10
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Leet
Lord of Ash
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Ghadis_God
skarekrow13
Lorrac ESP
RANT
27 posters

Forest Hunters Deserve To Be Ganked

reim0027
    reim0027

Forest Hunters Deserve To Be Ganked - Page 3 Empty Re: Forest Hunters Deserve To Be Ganked

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:19 pm

hey its andres wrote:
    Also, you will never fight someone "5x your SL" in the forest. I know that this is an exaggeration, but forest invasions are the same as summons signs so if someone is too powerful or gives you an unusual amount of souls, then they are hacking.
    That's not entirely true.  Sure, the average is closer to your soul level.  But, you can invade up, and by a significant amount and often.  And, no they were not hacking. Here's my proof: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22160-forest-invasion-sl-ranges

And, please do not jump to the generalization that someone is hacking without absolute proof (such as a never ending lifebar or fast rolling with armor too heavy even with maxed endurance.

Here's my last opinion on the forest.  As a catbro, you are charged with defending the forest against the trespassers.  All of your forest buddies (the NPCs, sorcerer, mace, knight, etc) attack on site.  It is reasonable to assume that you were meant to do the same.  That was the game's intent; how it was intended to be played.  You are in a war against the trespassers.  IMO, it is dishonorable to not treat it as such.  (That doesn't mean you have to be a dink after your victories by taunting though.)
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Forest Hunters Deserve To Be Ganked - Page 3 Empty Re: Forest Hunters Deserve To Be Ganked

Post by hey its andres Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14670-all-of-the-exact-level-ranges-matchmaking-formulas-for-the-multiplayer-items

A very useful thread about all the souls levels. In either case, as a host, you still will never fight someone that much higher than you.

Edit: and when I say hacking I mean things like when you are at level 50 and fight a flipping havel with DMB and CSS. By unusual amount I mean over 200,000 souls for levels well below what they should be.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:29 pm

And, as it says, you can be matched with people much higher than you. In that thread I linked, it has data from 600 invasions (the ones I won). As a catbro, I regularly invade people much higher than I.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:39 pm

cheers I can't read! cheers'

lol! Sorry I was mixing up this and the belief that Forest Hunters can invade all the way to lvl 1.

Still though, you won't be invaded by someone that much higher than you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Can't argue that. I've logged on a grand total of about 1 hour as a forest host. Hated it. Went back to catbro-ing.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:45 pm

FYI but I think on Ps3 and definitely on xbox you can see recent players as soon as you establish a connection to the person you're invading.  You can then know if you're invading just one other person, or 2-3 others.  You still have to observe to see which end of the 2v1 you're on or if it's a 2v2 or 1v3, but knowing there is host + someone, and only seeing the host for example is a dubious situation.  It's possible the 3rd is an AFK hunter or something, but most of the time it won't be.  Keep your eye out.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:54 pm

On the PS3, I can't see that. I can only see the host I'm invading.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:58 pm

reim0027 wrote:Can't argue that.  I've logged on a grand total of about 1 hour as a forest host.  Hated it.  Went back to catbro-ing.

I only host to get souls to makes builds, sometimes.

#CatSwag2013
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:15 pm

my level 3 hunter goes up to 99sl invasions and higher
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Everything in moderation. I don't have a problem with a host summoning a phantom in the forest. If they don't it can end up being a 3v1. I do have a problem with them TWoP/WoG/Dark beading on spawn though, or summoning 2 phantoms so it's always a 3v1 against the invader.

In the same vein, it's fine for forest hunters to 2v1 the host. That's what they're there for, to protect the forest. I treat forest invasions like any other non-dueling-area invasion. If we both bow and decide to duel, that's fine. But don't expect it.
    yelsew00

Post by yelsew00 Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Wow this thread is kind of inane.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Just some people venting. The Forest can do that to you. It can be stressful at times. Some good discussion of what constitutes as honor in the forest. As long as it stays mature like this, I'm for leaving it open.
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:23 pm

I often summon one person at the beggining of the forest because of this very reason. I do not gank, but I do have a right hand man since I often find myself faced in a 1v2 dark bead and pursuers spamfest. The other thing I will do in the forest when I just want to collect items and kill sif is equip WoTG and and other powerful spells and spam right back. I figure, if they are shameless enough to do it to me, I should be shameless enough to do it right back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:33 am