Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 9 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 pm

yeah i'll try it, but its kinda late now, it might be better for me to do it Monday around noon.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 9 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:26 pm

I have three clean parries in 2 days!  Yay me!  Also, I've only had two partials and one was a jump attack.  I'm finally getting some confidence with parries.  I hit one today on my grant build big grin... but I had swapped the grant out before I got the parry. sad  I also had a kill today where someone ran and I hit them while they were above me on the stairs -- twice!  And got the kill with a wog through a doorway that caught him coming out of a flip!  

... hits keep comin'!  Invaded a guy with bright white hair (before you ask; no you can't, unless you're modding... the person may or may not have legit stats & gear, but the hair can't be done).  I decided to give him a chance; he ended up taking damage that seemed legit but popped a DB.  I ran and was thinking about crystalling out, when he went after a silver.  I watched him kill the silver then use estus.  I sent him a message asking what happened to the DBs.  Then I ran down and into the bonfire room and BSed him while he was in his PSN menu! HAHAH!  He sent a short message, so he rolled right after the BS though.  He popped another DB, but I ended up killing him with about 6 consecutive R1s.  I was pretty sure he was never going to toggle and I was right.  It's odd he'd have less than 36 poise without being able to toggle, but that would explain the DBs I guess.

Had a guy in dark AL who kept running and resummoning a white against another blue and me.  He left the white to get crushed by us twice strangely.  The second time we followed the damage from a mimic fight (he never did kill the mimic), killed the white but there was no sign of the host.  I followed some fall damage twice, finally flushed him past the Lady of the Darkling, but lost sight of him.  The LotD has a very small aggro range, but she followed him down the stairs a few steps -- giving me another "lead".  I swear I feel like a TV detective on some of these (I follow clues for 45 minutes then kill the suspect or he gets off by some gross miscarriage of justice).  All that and the coward DCs when he sees I've followed him into the painting room. Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 9 Failfish

Just over 7 1/2 hours for EotW submissions and voting! Vote! Submit!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:17 am

Ok, I've updated the EotW page.  Voting for week IV submissions has closed.  The winner of the 4th EotW is: "SummonER Failed", here it is once again.

summon-er failed:

No need to vote for week V; there was only one submission. sad Hopefully we'll have some more submissions this week.  Good hunting to all of us! Prayer 
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:59 pm

got ten ears in lost izalith. where should i hunt next?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Give New Londo a shot, if it's dead head to the forest.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:41 pm

which forest? already did moonlight
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 pm

The Sif part of the Forest.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm

k i'll do it if new londo is too slow
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Whew, been a while. 

To be honest, I couldn't manage to find a good tale without cutting some ear. And ear was rare. 

So, any spot I should swoop upon Ô Master?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:42 pm

If you've got your ten in a day in the Painted World, go to the Demon Ruins. Good Hunting!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Sorry for the absence life gets busy and workload gets heavy this time of year.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote: Sorry for the absence life gets busy and workload gets heavy this time of year.
    I know the feeling Soris. This is my first week back at school. Its not so much the lack of free time thats getting in my way. Its really more the I-dont-have-any-consoles-here thing thats preventing me from playing. I think im going through withdrawls. I dont do drugs or nothing so im not sure what withdrawls feel like so im just guessing that im having DkS withdrawls.

Fortunately my friends in the dorm room next to mine have Soul Calibur II, so im able to satiate my thirst for combat... or at least keep it at bay. If any of yall know anything about the game, you'll be surprised to know that Talim is my best character. You'll be surprised because she is pretty much my antithesis in every way, soooo.... y'know, irony and all that.

Too keep this on topic, the reason i mention SC specifically is because the Guard Impact mechanic reminds me of parrying. And parrying reminds me of Dark Souls. And remembering Dark Souls reminds me I cant play it. And this maketh me sad. sad
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Yeah while real life has kepted me busy I have not forgotten this place. Also I have been trying to think of some event ideas but well all fall flat. I got nothing! Well till the new game. I have an idea for that one which involves a rank. Also mind if I have a 2nd in command since I don't play?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm in the MoV chat right now come say hi guys.  I'm looking for ideas.  I'm doing covenant ring invasions and farming humanity so I should have plenty of time to chat between invasions. silly 
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:27 pm

hi guys, yeah I'm not surprised people are busy this time of the year. I'm in college right no so its really slowing me down. I don't live there though so I can still play a little bit every day. Also should we be thinking of events at this time? I mean most of us sound pretty busy so its going be tough to find a time were all of us can participate.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:52 pm

So after some thinking I realized my event idea for the new game is much larger than I thought it was at the time. So I either have to drop it or get some contacts and a meeting going. Not sure what to do.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm working on yesterday's pet project right now. silly I just opened the chat too.  Drop in, we'll have another meeting of the minds.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Ok, after conferring with some senior Messengers we've finalized some changes to the promotion process.  Here's the old and the new; I've also highlighted the changes.

old:

new:

so that means...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Considering the work Icegodzilla pulled he is now a rank 2. Congrats man!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Congrats Godzilla!  Keep up the good work! Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 9 Bloodtrail
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:58 pm

woot means i can get to work on my next darkmoon build
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:33 am

Well done zilla
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:09 am

Congratulations Sir!
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:35 am

Wow, I'm MIA now? Have I really been gone for so long?

Yeah, I know I have been. Had issues with the family disrupting my life, but now, things at least look better now. Yet school has started again and since I'm on my last year, my time will be severely limited. First exams start 2nd October already whereas school has started only Wednesday. I have a tight schedule until December, from then on, I MIGHT be having more time since it'll be mostly repetition in preparation of the pre-Abitur exams (Abitur is equivalent to High school graduation here). April will be end of the already short school year for us, but then, in May, come the real exams. With such a schedule, I doubt I can really be all that much active as a Messenger of Velka before the release of Dark Souls II.

I will continue to be on hiatus until then, might show up once or twice, being a sneaky assassin, but that's about it. Been doing some PvP occasionally and realising how much I need to redeem in regards to my skills since I haven't played in ages. Well, there's hoping I will at least get some practice these days, but doubt I'll be able to spend time invading at least ten times a day each week to try ranking up. Who knows, I'll see what I can do and I hope to have at least some time for it.

Sorry I couldn't participate in the fencing event, really would've loved partaking. Did you guys have fun? big grin

Also, this is the only thing I surely WILL do in Dark Souls, I'm organising a Guerilla Warfare event with the Play3 community. No real details are known yet, but the basic idea is 2v2 in a dangerous and concealed environment (e.g. Tombs, New Londo with lotsa places to hide). There will be a ranking where kills using environment count more than PvP kills, always a rematch so each group will have one match with and one without the monster advantage against the same opponent. Maybe the weapon and spell strength will be limited (only certain upgrade paths/spell tools allowed), maybe it really will be "no rules" - either way, it will be a trolling event where you can do anything and should do anything.  Any ps3 player interested naturally can come join, I can inform you of how development goes and keep interests in mind. Other than that, I have nothing to redeem for the long MIA. Hope to see you guys sooner this time. XD
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey I am glad we have you around still. More members is always a good thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:41 am