Yes,I have played Dark Souls about 200 hours.My very first playthrough went completely without having used cheats/exploits/easy mechanics to beat the game and I also didn't get any items from somebody.Well,the Caeseless Discharge fight might be an execption...I used the trick to get myself back in the corner of the backway and killed him that way.But I didn't use the "Fall down and die" glitch.
I know what you mean and understand it completely.That's why I played my first playthrough completely without gifts or exploit using.My second playthrough went nearly the same except that I got a divine claymore fully upgraded for my build.Since I like to collect things,even if I don't need them,I have collected about 80% of the ingame items myself.The other 20% are maybe things like Avelyn,forest things (I don't like forest pvp that much) and such.
But to come to the point: I've started using things like the soul level service here from the forum in order to level faster for my Artorias build and I think that I don't regret doing that since I know I've already beaten the game in a fair way and on my own.
So I don't have problems with any gifts,but I don't want to be somebody abuses people and want to get items all the time!
Last edited by Valanor on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total