Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Anyone use Pyro and elemental weps as a viable PvP build?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Anyone use Pyro and elemental weps as a viable PvP build? Empty Anyone use Pyro and elemental weps as a viable PvP build?

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Pyro and elemental weapons have always been kind of the poor cousin of practically every other build type in DkS.  But I was thinking about how a build like this, which requires few points in Str and Dex, leaves a lot of space for Vit and End.  Has anyone ever used this approach and made it work in PvP?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Anyone use Pyro and elemental weps as a viable PvP build? Empty Re: Anyone use Pyro and elemental weps as a viable PvP build?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:48 pm

its what the infamous giant dad build revolves around, in general you do around 50-100 less damage with elemental weapons at worst after the 1.06 patch, some bigger weapons (like the zwei) suffer less from this than others. basically you get poise, mobility, defense, hp and a few high damage spells at the cost of reduced weapon damage.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=354503168266380444

heres a nice example with quelaags sword, with less att you could use a great sword class weapon instead but curved swords are nasty and quelaags has the best range of the lot.

Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added build)
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Anyone use Pyro and elemental weps as a viable PvP build? Empty Re: Anyone use Pyro and elemental weps as a viable PvP build?

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll try it out!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Elemental weapons are better at lower levels. For example, meeting the minimum requirements to wield a lightening Zwei, will do more damage than a +15 Zwei until you have the stats to back up the scaling. It all really depends on what level you're going for. At Sl125 you're better off with +15 because you'll have the stats. Pure physical damage is always better than split damage. Elementals don't have a problem dealing good damage even at SL100, but it really depends. But at lower levels, an elemental will be better. 

It's always good to have an elemental weapon on you. For example my MLGS has only 16  strength and 40 intelligence. Being that i have 16 strength, if someone has GMB i can always equip a chaos claymore and deal decent damage. At least better than my MLGS could until their GMB wears off.

If you're making a lower level build, go with elemental. Cool thing about elementals you only need the minimum requirements to wield the weapon so you'll have a lot of extra stats to play with. But, there's no point really at higher levels because you can't buff an elemental, and there's diminishing returns after a certain point.
    The_Red_Drifter
    The_Red_Drifter
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Red_Drifter Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:00 am

They have not "always" been.
    It used to be the build everyone and their mother built. There's a reason why there's been several nerfs to elementals and Pyromancy.
    You could still get some mileage out of a Vit Gouge build, but you should watch out for particular armor sets and the like. Great defensive armor will play havoc on elemental weapons. I used to get wrecked by heavy armor builds when I was fighting with a gimmick regen tank because my elementals were doing incredibly poor damage to them, and I didn't have a reliable alternative.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 am