Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Aigaios Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Well its the power of one of the lords, all the lords control a different power. Gwyn having lightning, Nito disease and the witches of Izalith having fire. Funny fact the three different pine resins in the game correlate to the power wielded by the three lords.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Undiscovery Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:04 pm

^--beat me too it.
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 pm

VoW of Silence works great on channelers. They cannot cast their soul spell at you. BGut still they can teleport or buff dance everyone.

Have to test it on other magic users.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Combustion and Great Combustion cause the player to snap their fingers, and fire surge makes a mini lava ball in your hand that the flames shoot out of.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 am

The great hollow lizards can drop up to  4 slabs. Nothing new really but i'm so happy and had to share it somehow.

Oh and killing the level boss doesn't neccesarilly mean the end of a subquest, dunno how i got that into myhead. Thought i'd screwed up the siegmeyer quest in anor, never went back to  verify i'd killed the silverknights for the reward. It was well after placing the lord vessel that i went back and he was still there and of course firelink  afterwards.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 am

At 40dex and 40int velka's rapier+5 and an enchanted estoc+5 have the same total damage number, but velka's rapier is more viable (if we ignore the movesets) due to the fact that majority of its damage is magic based. And most people's magic defense is lower than their physical defense.
    DPSMurphy
    DPSMurphy

Post by DPSMurphy Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Man this thread is handy.

The Crystal Shield as actually oddly durable compared to all other weapons/shields, IRRESPONSIBLY SO! It has 250 durability, so it's as good if not better than most normal medium shields. Compared to the crystal weapons which only have 60 durability and suck in direct comparison to other weapons.

Also blocks all poison/toxic build up, and can buy for 4k just before BlightTown, decent little shield.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:The great hollow lizards can drop up to  4 slabs. Nothing new really but i'm so happy and had to share it somehow.
    4 Slabs from one lizard? That's quite lucky. 

The winged demons in Anor Londo can shoot lightning as well. How I never noticed this I don't know.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Some quirky ones:

-- If you start doing the channeler trident dance as a summon after killing a boss, the buff effect will still appear on the host even long after you've disappeared thanks to the victory.

-- If Manus slaps you when you have HCSM up, he'll hurt himself on the orbs even if they haven't fired.  It also happens if you cast it from the ledge behind the fog gate and then land on him when you jump in.  The damage seems lower than if they actually fire.

-- If you backstep over certain narrow gaps, instead of a backstep animation you do a weird fall reset animation that basically looks like you float backwards.  The gap to the left of the stairs right below the township bonfire is a good example, if you get up on the broken wall against the side of the building.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:50 pm

befowler wrote:Some quirky ones:

-- If Manus slaps you when you have HCSM up, he'll hurt himself on the orbs even if they haven't fired.  It also happens if you cast it from the ledge behind the fog gate and then land on him when you jump in.  The damage seems lower than if they actually fire.
    You can hurt anyone with unfired soul masses. They do very very little damage on most enemies though. It's much better to just let them fire.
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 am

If you're running down a slope or stairs and do the running jump you can perform a R1 mini-plunge attack if you press R1 shortly before the end of the jump-arc. It does not work on even ground (or uphill).
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:04 am

The amount of souls harvested will sometimes depend on which weapon you use against which enemies. For instance: This video demonstrates that the Divine Light Crossbow+4 (and +5) generates more souls than the Light Crossbow when used against the Mosquitos and Slugs in Blighttown.

Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:14 am

It's called overkill, if you do 150 percent or more of an enemy's health in one hit, you get more souls.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Centipede Demon shoots fireballs  D:
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Crystal Greataxe+5, does +1 ar or sometimes +2 ar per each additional point of strength.. Even past 50... Screw you Diminishing Returns.
    DPSMurphy
    DPSMurphy

Post by DPSMurphy Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:09 pm

Here is a interesting one, some stats are displayed as decimals in your stat screen. But in fact almost all stats are decimal but they refuse to show you. Stability is for sure at least, so when your at that blacksmith and your wondering why your not getting that extra point for leveling it up, you are somewhat closing that gap.

I'd even go one further. Most weapons and shields even before crafting/leveling up have decimal points to stats. For example I doubt many shields and weps stability actually is a whole number... cause if it was I'd already have the stability unification theory complete!

Then world peace!
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:30 pm

chantienyee wrote:Centipede Demon shoots fireballs  D:

So does the Bed of Chaos.

And the Moonlight Butterfly shoots a huge blue orb sometimes when it switches from one side of the bridge to the other.

It's a pain in the arse to dodge too.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:45 am

You can use alluring skulls directly underneath the first Channeler to lure all the hollows to drop down one by one so you can easily kill them 1 by 1 as they fall leaving the Channeler alone and easy to kill. 

Time to experiment with alluring skulls x)
    thementat

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty jumping!

Post by thementat Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 am

I found out recently (after 3 weeks) how to jump. It was by mistake. LOL
    This could have come super handy when I was in the depths and kept falling into that hall with Basilisks waiting for me.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:34 pm

CakeThiefPro wrote:You can use alluring skulls directly underneath the first Channeler to lure all the hollows to drop down one by one so you can easily kill them 1 by 1 as they fall leaving the Channeler alone and easy to kill. 

Nice! The most helpful I've found them was in the catacombs in the Painted World with the bonewheel skeletons in tight corridors. Definitely gonna try your strategy next time I'm in the Undead Parish though!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Oh god, TVTropes is taking over this forum
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 am

chantienyee wrote:
    CakeThiefPro wrote:You can use alluring skulls directly underneath the first Channeler to lure all the hollows to drop down one by one so you can easily kill them 1 by 1 as they fall leaving the Channeler alone and easy to kill. 

Nice! The most helpful I've found them was in the catacombs in the Painted World with the bonewheel skeletons in tight corridors. Definitely gonna try your strategy next time I'm in the Undead Parish though!
    The catacombs in the Painted World are still a nightmare for me unless I have a tanky, strength build so I've got to try this. Alluring skulls can be useful! xD
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 am

Use a fog ring and/or slumbering ring in the catacombs in the Painted World. You fight just two bonewheel skelleys if you just want to pull the switch. Crossbow will come in handy if you want to go hunting.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 am

When using ricard's rapier, it's much more viable to do  the full r2 combo than to riposte when you get a parry. Especially when using buffs.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Bassman Bob wrote:When using ricard's rapier, it's much more viable to do  the full r2 combo than to riposte when you get a parry. Especially when using buffs.
    Ricard's Rapier mostly is for buffs, because each and every single hit gets the full damage of the buff, with 7 hits and a 300 ar buff, that's 2100 ar plus your actual rapier physical damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:07 pm