Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Derpwraith
FinPeku
Uparkaam
Ghadis_God
Demon Slayer
robsthedon
Serious_Much
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
RANT
ResIsBestStat
The Letter X
User1
Kirk-Barb
Brokewilly
Quarik
White Knight Wulf
dancash1808
22 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 3 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Quarik wrote:I miss this so much... I just can't get excited about it anymore. I've been reading through the old threads for this and I got so much nostalgia at our epic stories, but I don't feel like there's anything like that anymore, at least on PC. The rush of a 1v2 was amazing, but now it's almost exclusively hackers and bad duelists.

Quarik bro I wish u were still on the BOX - I'm setting up to what I hope will be a decent tourney with the prize being a copy DkS II cheers . I had u on my list bro - dang it. I've seen vids of the PC pvp - I definitely could not deal with the craziness on that platform :evil: . Its already bad enough dealing with modded builds/weapons/armor from time to time on the BOX - every time I see Havels now I'm like "Here we go again!!!".
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Don't feel too bad, I don't have a char at that SL and I haven't been able to find a build I really love in that range ever... Murakumo's stat requirements are enormous, Great Scythe is easy to bs punish, and I'm bad with Iaito and BSS.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:15 pm

I'd like to invite you all to my new quest: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t20392-growing-up-in-the-forest-pvp

Hopefully, we can bring a new pain to the outlaw hosts from all over the map.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:46 am

Well, if I can get Dark souls to start ever I'm going to hop back onto the forest for a while. Got an annoying start bug where it idles for several minutes before finally starting.

Edit: Welp. My client hates me, just deleted my SL 80 FH. Time to create an actual build, I guess.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:15 am

Alvina I'm home - got my DEX/FAI build good to go and so far its been a blast invading the forest. I forgot how much of a rush I get from the chaos and mayhem.

Here is a link to vid showing my return to the forest - trying to shake the rust off so don't laugh to hard at me too hard lol

https://youtu.be/qIwIvYntOIc

For the glory of Alvina!!!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:13 am

I'm having a really hard time getting any PvP, especially in the forest. Any other PC hunters having this issue?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 03, 2013 5:00 pm

http://mmdks.com/265k

This is what I'm going towards for the next milestone in my build. My two favorite weapons in the game, almost enough poise to tank a UGS, and armor that I love the look of? Hell yes.

Oh, and the 99 END is for versatility in case I want to menu swap to a greatbow or halberd and keep fastrolling.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 am

So many duelists in the forest nowadays. Kinda boring to be honest. I want my ganks and chaos when I invade there. Also, average ganker is much more skilled than it used to be. A lot of them can toggle escape out of the second swing, they know how to deal with wog, some know how to roll bs etc.

By the way. I got my first ps3 hacker kill last night. Now i will never have to try it again. I can just bc out or disconnect. Gold tracer and another hunter spamming dark bead was too much for him. But the funny thing is, one of those forest ents actually finished him ^^
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 am

Wow, this thread is a proper blast from the past
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:47 am

FinPeku wrote:So many duelists in the forest nowadays. Kinda boring to be honest. I want my ganks and chaos when I invade there. Also, average ganker is much more skilled than it used to be. A lot of them can toggle escape out of the second swing, they know how to deal with wog, some know how to roll bs etc.

By the way. I got my first ps3 hacker kill last night. Now i will never have to try it again. I can just bc out or disconnect. Gold tracer and another hunter spamming dark bead was too much for him. But the funny thing is, one of those forest ents actually finished him ^^

Nice!!! - I have also run into alot of solo hosts in the forest. The worst gank to date was two almost invisible ganker mods (all I could see was heads) using modded armor, weapons (didn't know those modded DSB/GGB arrows could do that much damage surprised ) the whole freaking 9!!!. All I could hear was footsteps then BS, a quick death after that.

The struggle against the mods continues lol !!!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:19 pm

I've put down 400 hosts over the last few weeks in the name of Alvina! I'll try to get another 400 before I take a vacation from the forest.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:27 pm

reim0027 wrote:I've put down 400 hosts over the last few weeks in the name of Alvina! I'll try to get another 400 before I take a vacation from the forest.
    400? That is a lot! applause

Too bad we haven't been in the same world. That would be awesome. One great forest moment i remember was when i finished a phantom while watching Spurgun riposte the host and we won happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Maybe I should finally end my vacation from the forest, and perhaps get back to my times of getting multi hundred kill streaks.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Tolvo wrote:Maybe I should finally end my vacation from the forest, and perhaps get back to my times of getting multi hundred kill streaks.

The forest has gone dry from the lack of blood spilled by your hand Tolvo.I know the mod situation on the PS3 is getting worse by the day - on the XBOX the forest has never been more brutal in my opinion. But hey those who have fought there as long as we have would ask for nothing less Hurrah . You should get back in there and do what needs to be done for the glory of Alvina!! Prayer
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 pm

I have Force, and can kick. Modders don't really inspire fear in me.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Several hundred kill streaks? As in kills in a row?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Reim, I used to kill over four hundred hosts/summons a day back when I was at the prime of my forest hunting, usually I would go around a hundred then die to a smarter group.

I invade while fast rolling with a Sunlight Blade Murakumo, 30 faith, 40 dex, for Str. I have 1800+ health and 40 end. I can cast TwoP, Force, WotG, Gravelord Swords, Great Heal, Great Magic Barrier.

It is not a build for *** around, it's designed to hunt.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 am

Last night, I chased a host with another hunter who i think was fat rolling. The host started running towards the entrance to summon a phantom but the other hunter pulled out gough's greatbow and sniped the host from Alvina's hut. That was such an awesome move i had to do the "prostration" in front of the hunter lol I will probably include that in my next forest hunting vid in one way or another.

Tolvo, take your forest hunter to the forest and see how it goes. Gankers have changed a little bit but i'm sure you will quickly adapt. If you can get even a streak of 10 hosts - gankers or not - I salute you!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Good day fellow hunters. Once again, it is time to brag with some gankspank stories and share my latest hunting vid with you guys. Those who don't appreciate hunting heavily based on backstabs, might want to stay away from this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM3MHqwKs0

Just to make it clear and to be honest, I die a lot in the forest. But unless the deaths are funny or serve some kind of purpose, I usually don't include them in forest hunting vids. I'm not trying to act like a pvp god, this is all purely for entertainment purposes happy

Let me know which hunter build you enjoyed the most!

For the Glory of Alvina!
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:25 am

Nice, my hat is off, I like rtsr swap to kill the DW, love the music big grin I've been trying some forest hunting lately, seems a bit quiet tho.
    FinPeku wrote:Good day fellow hunters. Once again, it is time to brag with some gankspank stories and share my latest hunting vid with you guys. Those who don't appreciate hunting heavily based on backstabs, might want to stay away from this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM3MHqwKs0

Just to make it clear and to be honest, I die a lot in the forest. But unless the deaths are funny or serve some kind of purpose, I usually don't include them in forest hunting vids. I'm not trying to act like a pvp god, this is all purely for entertainment purposes happy

Let me know which hunter build you enjoyed the most!

For the Glory of Alvina!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:43 am

Thanks! I thought the fireball was an accident, but after two r2s and an attempted running attack i was pretty sure that dw was not on my side. 

Forest is almost never dead, but there has been a lot of duelists lately. That's actually sad because if i want to duel with randoms i go to burg or moonpit. Forest should stay as it is but that's just my take on it.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 am

FinPeku wrote:Thanks! I thought the fireball was an accident, but after two r2s and an attempted running attack i was pretty sure that dw was not on my side. 

Forest is almost never dead, but there has been a lot of duelists lately. That's actually sad because if i want to duel with randoms i go to burg or moonpit. Forest should stay as it is but that's just my take on it.

I've been there everyday this week, and very few vades, maybe it's the time of day I go on.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:33 pm

After a few days off, I'm resuming my "Growing up in the Forest" run.  I'm at 38 kills with my 150 and counting . . . .
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 pm

100 kills with 150. Time for a short break and then going to 225. I've been medium rolling throughout much of this, so I can get enough poise and defense. My vitality is around 32 right now, due to the limitations of my progressions.

Is anyone else still catbroing in the Forest?
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Im Catbroing now 

hope to see you sometime bro biggrin

this is what im using http://mmdks.com/2ub1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content