Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Scudman_Slayer
Gravelord hunter
Artorias
Carphil
VIcious72
PsychoCT
Yarxov
Reaperfan
User
Dalampslayer
Rin
ARSP
aceluby
Spakulator
RANT
DoughGuy
cobrasno1
Grey-Ronin
Imarreteet23
Tolvo
Langoulk
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
reim0027
fearandwhiskey
ChizFreak
30 posters

The Cheapest Player I've Ever Encountered

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

The Cheapest Player I've Ever Encountered Empty The Cheapest Player I've Ever Encountered

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:46 pm

So I recently joined Forest Hunters, yeah I know about gang ups, it's not about that.

I'm using my Leeory Cosplay Build LVL 120.

I invade this guy, I see some damage numbers far, I guess he is killing the forest NPCs. He quickly runs to the stairs, he is wearing full giants, grass crest shield, Moonlight Greatsword.

Before he arrives to the stairs he casts homing soul mass. I hide behind a tree and I bow,
    he doesn't bow, instead he answers by trying to summon a phantom. I quickly cast Great Magic Barrier as he runs to me, the barrier raises up and negates his balls of doom. He BS me for like 5% of my life.

I try to hit him with Grant (Holy music playing the background when you read it's name!), but I only manage to hit him once, then he heals with an Estus. Now he starts dodging all around: he is waiting for my Great Magic Barrier to fade off. I attack, he dodges and so on until we reach the house where Alvina is. My GMB fades off.

I run across the bridge and I jump down from the stairs. I quickly start going upstairs to catch him by surprise but he jumps too and stays down. I cast GMB and go for him again. He again, starts dodging until my GMB fades off, then he BS me once. It took like 70% of my health this time. I quickly run to the Giant Mushrooms Warlords Destroyer of Worlds.

I heal and he BS me again. Now he is being attacked by the Mushrooms so he is distracted. I heal and I walk away to cast Replenishment. He then starts casting spamming Crystal Soul Spear and he hits me through the Giant Mushroom. It takes like 30% of my life (thankfully).

Now is where the real fight starts. After he runs out of Crystal Soul Spears (AND Soul Spears) he managed to kill one Giant Mushroom. He AGAIN runs to me while walking sideways (Does this guy knows anything but spamming CSS and BS all day long?).

I start doing "manually guided" attacks (without locking-on) to counter his BS attempts. I hit him like 6 times, he heals after each hit. Then he does a Chain-BS that sent me to oblivion.

After all he does the "Well, that's it!" Gesture.

I then sent him a message saying:

"You taunt? Even after all you did?"

His response is:

"lol dont cry go hide with mama mushroom kid"

If I ever find this guy again, I will hide for 2 hours, and then when I see he is distracted I will soul suck his *** until he has no more humanity left in his pity body.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Cheapest Player I've Ever Encountered Empty Re: The Cheapest Player I've Ever Encountered

Post by fearandwhiskey Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 pm

This weekend while pve in Anor Londo, I was invaded while fighting the first gargoyle. Invader cast WoG twice and shrugged as I died.
    reim0027
    reim0027

The Cheapest Player I've Ever Encountered Empty Re: The Cheapest Player I've Ever Encountered

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 pm

That is very par for the course for the Forest. Just keep invading in the Forest, and you'll see what I mean.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:57 pm

yep. mine was a group of three standing around the spawn point all using mlgs while one cast twop as i spawned. never even got to move.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 am

Or, being WoG spammed off the stairs. Got to had it to them. They take trolling to a whole new level in the forest.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am

pretty impressive. Maybe he was trying to do the boss? If he was on his own i wouldn't be surprised.

But that stuff is bull. i mean nothing wrong with waiting for GMB to go but the flask chugging, chain BS...

He's a class A douchebag, but then again if you look outside the metagame, well. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing technically.

The forest is full of these guys though I remember being a forest hunter for a while to see what it was like (I was new to PvP) I got driven away pretty quick. Was either 'dirty' players or gankers, and it got dull to be honest.
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am

He's obviously pro. Duh.

But really, I don't get people like that.

Don't get me wrong, I have no life...I draw, read, and play Dark Souls. But I have enough of a life to fight fair in pvp and not just gank and grief when I am bored. Ugh.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 am

ha. thats my move if they rush me. just sidestep and wog once or twice. wave as they fall.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 am

Haha, the good old forest. Getting to punish these types of people is always fun, but trust me you've yet to really see just how low they will stoop. Wait till you invade a world with a red summon with a marker item to let them know who is on their side and who isn't, as the host is a forest hunter hidden away so they will not have to waste time on the forest NPC's as you can't even target a person to definitely kill as the host flasks hidden away from site while if his summons die he can run back and summon more then go back to hiding. You never know just how low humans can stoop.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:15 am

I met a guy in the forest once who had a phantom with him, spammed TWoP and WoG, flasked, chain bsed me with the hornets ring, and well what it is as i died.
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:26 am

The cheapest player that I've ever encountered was when I invaded as a Darkmoon in the Painted world. As I was spawning on the bridge I notice a white phantom behind me and the host in full Havel's and a demon great axe in front with another white phantom behind him. There was nowhere I could move at all so I wailed away on r1 and I don't know how but managed to kill the white phantom behind me before dying.

I invade the same guy again and he had run up to the bonfire to summon in another phantom. They all come running down the narrow pathway to take me out, but I manage to lure one of the phantoms ahead and do some damage. All the while the host is healing the phantom with estus chugs. I actually manage to defeat the phantom. Buff my murakumo with DM blade and charge the host dealing tons of damage then retreat back to the bridge before he can get me. He heals then comes running after me.

The best part after all this is that I rolled past him and kicked him off the small gap right next to the rope bridge before his other phantom could save him. I then jump off the cliff to prevent the phantom from get the last hit that would kill me.

The Guilty Pay The Price!
    cobrasno1
    cobrasno1

Post by cobrasno1 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:29 am

These kinda guys take the fun out of the game for me. Especially when I'm trying to accomplish something in the game.
    Can you still go human and summons NPC's if you disconnect from the network to avoid invaders?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:30 am

Yes you can still summon them. Just as the NPC invaders can still invade you.
    cobrasno1
    cobrasno1

Post by cobrasno1 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:33 am

NPC invaders? Seriously?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:34 am

Yes, but they're all very easy to fight. If you've ever killed a person in PvP you can probably kill them easily.
    cobrasno1
    cobrasno1

Post by cobrasno1 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:39 am

Well, I've yet to beat an invader. I normally don't even have a chance to fight back. And when I do get an occasional shot in, it does next to nothing to them. lol
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 am

Dont worry, just dont pvp for awhile, progress through the game, level up etc., and come back later. The same thing happened to me when i first joined the forest hunters. You will get better with time.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 am

if you're going offline the game can be a lot harder. The NPC invasions are uncommon and really easy however there are a lot less summons to help you out against the bosses.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:13 am

DoughGuy wrote:if you're going offline the game can be a lot harder. The NPC invasions are uncommon and really easy however there are a lot less summons to help you out against the bosses.

i think its the other way arouond, its a alot easier without the lagstabbers invading you all the time and if you beat the game by yourself it'll make you a better player in the long run.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:25 am

I dunno. I have a lot of trouble with my melee builds going up against O&S. Solaire rams his face into smough's hammer too quickly to be much use. But yeah, I suppose beating it solo would give you a better feeling. however the fact is it isnt the way Dark Souls is meant to be played. The invasions are part of that experience which I kinda miss.
    Spakulator
    Spakulator

Post by Spakulator Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 am

I played most of my first playthrough offline after getting invaded at low levels every 5 minutes by BB losers. I had some trouble with some bosses, but after 4-5 tries I managed with the NPC summons. The NPC invaders I found very easy.
    People can be scumbags. The 3 people surounding you gankers are just lame. I don't see how that would be fun at all. I wouldn't even want to do that. I had a good one today. I was invading the guilty, and there was this dude standing right at the spawn point on the bridge in Painted World. Soon as I pop up he starts going apeshit on me with his BKGA. Stunlocks me immediatly until death. This happened 3 times, so I left there for a bit.
    On the other hand, it's such a great feeling defeating a lamer decked in full Havel's who summons 2 people, and you wipe out the phamtoms, then chase down the now running/flipping chunkster and strike him down. Happened for the first time today for me, and it felt good.
    I'm a INT based build, but I collect ears for Darkmoon even though it doesn't really benefit me. Is that weird?!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 am

It's the forest, not a duel. Anything goes. I have zero problems w/ anything he did except the chain BS. If it was a duel the only thing I'd be really angry about would be the healing and maybe the BS, but then again you also healed and used mobs to help you out.... so yeah.

For me, this kind of stuff is what makes the forest fun.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:33 pm

I tried the forest. It started out fun. It was fast and crazy. That feeling lasted about 1 week, and it became annoying. Maybe I'm not good at 3 on 1 ganking, anything goes kind of fighting.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:42 pm

@Spakulator all my characters are dm. only 1 gets anything out of it.

on topic, kill them anyways. I know its easier to say than do but few things feel as good imo as beating another player who has a huge advantage.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm

This weekend I was trying to get summoned and I got summoned 3 times out of those three times we were invaded by what I call "parish" trolls two of them wiped me out and I got tired of it the third one had it coming I pulled out every dirty tactic in the book I healed, chain bs'd my host and I 2v1 him (together we did about 300 damage against a troll) when he popped a humanity I lost it we were near the bridge to the black smith I spammed force until I knocked him off the side. Then this D-bag had the audacity to message me calling a Slang for homosexuals saying I have no skill. I told him trolling with heavy armor takes no skill. He responded "I have more skill than you "slang for Homosexual" I said prove it you, me the kiln 1 hour. He said "Bring it" I went to the kiln in half and hour and started invading and getting invaded for about 3 hours I checked where he was turns out he was playing Darksouls. I BB'd my character and I got invaded by the same guy I killed him and I messaged back "What happened to the Kiln?" he didn't message back

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:01 am