Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
NedroidPrime
ChizFreak
PPG-3-
Kaminari
aceluby
Yesuurd
Green__Eagle
callipygias
Nccbd
ViralEnsign_
RANT
bloodpixel
16 posters

I can't be the only one who solo's the Four Kings all the time...

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I can't be the only one who solo's the Four Kings all the time... Empty I can't be the only one who solo's the Four Kings all the time...

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:23 am

I must be missing something here. I killed the Four Kings by myself at NG+++++. I killed him by myself every time, each time on my first or second try. Is everyone doing some kind of challenge with low SL or something?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I can't be the only one who solo's the Four Kings all the time... Empty Re: I can't be the only one who solo's the Four Kings all the time...

Post by RANT Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 am

lol what's your sl? i did them low sl and theyre SO easy but only because of my low vit, the more vit you have the harder enemies hit, if you staty in the sl 120 range you will get tons of summons, theyre more fun fighting solo though, i use gmb and the crest shield though.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I can't be the only one who solo's the Four Kings all the time... Empty Re: I can't be the only one who solo's the Four Kings all the time...

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 am

I do. Never found them all that much of a challenge. Two initial deaths testing strategies and I was owning them like nobodies business.

And I don't use Iron to Flesh, High poise, or two handing.

I'm a strictly Sorc/Mira (whatever build I use), 0 poise, Dual kats man.
    Nccbd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nccbd Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:37 am

Just killed him on my new character at SL5 pyromancy with great fireball and lightning rappier
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:01 am

I think your thread title's a pretty safe assumption, op. Pretty sure the majority of players solo the kings--and all the other bosses for that matter--most if not all of the time.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:23 am

I've solo'd every boss except the Four Kings. I can do well one-on-one, but a second king will come up behind me and kill me.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:21 am

I solo them all the time, just put on full armor, use high damage weapon and have many healing items, you are set.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 am

Just solo'd them last night and took them out on my first try... I also only used great soul spears and regular homing soul mass for a little extra challenge. Just gotta dodge their melee, block their magic w/ the crest shield, and in between get your hits in. Finished each one 'just' in time for the next one.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 am

If you get in there without fear, you will kill em easy also try circling them.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:14 am

I know my Thor God of Thunder took them down really easy happy
    other characters useally has problem with the third one for some reason
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:07 pm

hmm, i haven't solo'ed them once. That's in over 20 play throughs, haha. But I think that's with every boss as I usually always look for signs before heading off to a boss. I know ppl are looking for exp and humanity.

But seriously, out of all the bosses, I would hate to fight them solo. Especially on the higher NGs. Once you have more then 1 of them it can be pretty trick from my experience.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:47 pm

bloodpixel wrote:I must be missing something here. I killed the Four Kings by myself at NG+++++. I killed him by myself every time, each time on my first or second try. Is everyone doing some kind of challenge with low SL or something?

Are you a mage? SL? Strategy? Of course it's possible but it's highly dependent on your skill (obviously) and if you're a mage or not. Killing them while being a mage it's a lot easier.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:38 pm

I soloed them on my first play-through 1st try, but on NG+ I just can't deal enough damage to kill them fast enough to not get the group beatdown
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:50 pm

I've never actually died on the four kings. But then I'm always rocking upgraded gear and kindling like nobodies business.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Power within and a strong weapon. You can't go wrong with that.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Every time I have beaten them it has been solo.. The first time, I wanted to summon but simply couldnt find anyone at SL 70 in newlondo, so I attacked them by myself and killed them on the first attempt that was in 1.04 patch I used iron skin and just wailed on them. I had fought them a few times as a summon prior so I knew what to expect.

I felt so cocky that in NG+ I tried them solo again, ran in with my iron skin and got my *** handed to me I ended up with all 3 on screen at once, and I just could not do anything. They became the hardest boss I had faced on NG+! I was stuck on them for about a week, I tried summoning 2 sunbros, 2 regulars, 1 regular, 1 sunbro, casters, tanks, naked people EVERYTHING!

Then one fateful night, while me and my brother were drinking he challenged me to play the game while under the influence.... he thought it would be funny.

I beat them --solo-- on my first try, intoxicated! FFFFUUUU..!???!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Well, I guess it's time I invite my first negative reps.

What's going on with people claiming to never die on bosses? Anyone who claims to get through the kings never, or practically never, dying loses credibility pretty fast as far as I'm concerned. Unless you're playing NG over and over, or you know some cheat, there's just no way. NG+ Kings is a very different experience from NG, and by NG+5 or so they are extremely tough.

If you really are so phenomenally elite that NG+infinity 4 Kings holds no challenge for you, why aren't you challenging yourselves?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I've solo'd every boss except the Four Kings. I can do well one-on-one, but a second king will come up behind me and kill me.
    +1 for you! Some of us enjoy killing the kings more than just about anything else in DkS, so thanks for doing your part! Hope to get summoned by you soon.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:42 pm

NG+++ Four Kings wiped the floor with my corpse many times. It felt like the end of the road and I thought about giving up. Then I remembered power within. I got my revenge.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:07 pm

First play through I only went to have a look at what all the fuss was about. I'd made it to the abyss and I thought I might as well have a go. I was dumbstruck (for a change) when I killed them first try but from what I've just read I'll have my work cut out in newgame+. Sounds like another 4 nighter for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:56 am