Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
vageta31
Rin
Green__Eagle
Dr. Demento
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
befowler
bloodpixel
BLA1NE
RANT
WyrmHero
15 posters

I hate NG+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I hate NG+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: I hate NG+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Haha, 50 hp there's no chance he blocked it!
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:55 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:vageta did none of them do that homing soul mass attack? and if so did you run or block with a high magic defense shield?

In the successful attempt he never did, but I was prepared to handle it. At the end of the video I actually show footage of my solution since he had done it on some of my previous attempts. Basically the problem is if you enter the fight in hyper mode and he does that attack, you must heal before you block it or you die. Then unfortunately you won't be in hyper mode anymore since even with a really crappy shield it won't do that much damage. It only took me down to about half health from full.

My solution was to find a shield, in my case a +5 magic small leather shield, that blocked just enough to take you from full health back into hyper mode. So to make it easier I cursed myself so that one block with my magic shield brought me from my full "cursed" health (265 hps), back into the less than 20% range. Had he done it in my final attempt it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Last edited by vageta31 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Oh, you REALLY cursed yourself. I originally thought you just meant you were still under the Transient Curse and therefore couldn't Green Blossom or something. Very gutsy, very well thought out.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:17 pm

I never would come up with tactics like that. I would just bumrush the Kings, dodge a few times, land a few hits and then die.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Uparkaam wrote:I never would come up with tactics like that. I would just bumrush the Kings, dodge a few times, land a few hits and then die.

Hehe I'd call that the direct approach.

It was my only real option. A +10 fire dagger only has so much damage output so I pretty much needed hyper mode to pull it off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 pm