Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
aceluby
Wade_Wilson
DoughGuy
SlakeMoth
Artorias
Saturnine Knight
WyrmHero
Serious_Much
Uparkaam
Yarxov
Ignus-Dej
Emergence
RANT
ublug
DxV04
Zechk
bloodpixel
FruitPunchNinja
White Mamba
Kaminari
skarekrow13
Yukon
Tolvo
ChizFreak
28 posters

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Think I watched a video of them doing Dark souls, to be honest they should just do what everyone else does and play games together like normal people and rub it in eachothers faces silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:But it worked! That game is sick hyped!

Do you know some other games that were hyped? Haze and Skyrim to just name two obvious and awful ones

Well, this is not as hyped as those 2 that you mentioned. Plus Capcom has done the giant monster thing and climb on giant monster thing from way back in lost planet. I am confident that this will not fail like those other 2.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:28 pm

There's a beast that pops up in most Castlevania games (I'm talking 2D here) that looks just like the one in the pic and it's called a manticore.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:43 pm

isnt it called griffen or something?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Griffen is just a flying lion. This is definetily a manticore. The stinger tail is theproof. Also Chimera's are often 3 headed, havingalio, goat and snake head. I believe they are most commonly depicted with 3 heads in modern culture.

Is that Oscar in the first picture? If it is that seems like its gonna be hard to explain. Though it might be just the info I need to explain his story.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Griffen is just a flying lion. This is definetily a manticore. The stinger tail is theproof. Also Chimera's are often 3 headed, havingalio, goat and snake head. I believe they are most commonly depicted with 3 heads in modern culture.

Is that Oscar in the first picture? If it is that seems like its gonna be hard to explain. Though it might be just the info I need to explain his story.

It doesn't have to be Oscar, it could be a player using that equipment, but I see your point, because he EVEN USES his SAME sword. That's too suspicious... nice find!

Is it me or the Astora Straight Sword looks cooler in the pic than it really is haha?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Your right it does look coooler.

The thing is inmy reasearch I've seen so many cutscenes/animated gmeplays of Oscar that Im now of the mind that whenever that build comes up that the desginers put it in as Oscar. To think otherwise is to think a lot of the work I've put into my research may be false.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Plus there is the fact that Oscar left messages all over the world, even past some of the Orange Gates opened by the Lordsvessel.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Is it just the centipede room one or are there more? If that is him I am interested to see how this affects his lore. Especially considering that we all think this will be a darkroot expansion leading to Artorias's armour.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Crystal cave as well, he also has messages in New Londo. Not just at the start, but deep in New Londo.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 pm

ARTORIAS ARMOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 pm

We should proably take this to the thread about the messages in the archives.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:21 am

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES OH GOD YES THIS IS *** AMAZING!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:41 am

Now that I have changed my pants, I can post properly. The manticore looks awesome, we needs bosses which can poison/toxicate you. I love the though of fighting a true dragon and I'm sure that there will be new items/gear/areas/mini bosses and mobs.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 am

Cool, but I'm VERY skeptical that there will be DLC released. I could be wrong, but if they do how can you ever believe anything From says after this since they explicitly stated that there wouldn't be DLC since the game is 'complete'.
    JK Platin
    JK Platin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JK Platin Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Im hoping some more of the creatures in the art book come out in this dlc, like the big fat dude riding a pig haha he seems like a happy person. That dragon does look really cool though but a lot different from the everlasting dragons.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm

I am not crazy for the fat official on the pig, since we already saw the fat official in DeS, I'd like them to do some new stuff since a lot of the bosses already felt like rehashes of the demons bosses.

There is still the iron zombie across from lautric, the grey wolf in the start could be argued to be sif, but he looks really out of character and dirty. the fem gargoyle. the sniper and the strange bug like creature across from pinwheel that seems to be the source of the mosquitos in the swamp, and the three... thing across from the 2 headed tree snakes near the end.

Of all of those, assuming it comes out in darkroot, the tree thing, the female gargoyle and possibly the grey wolf are likely to be enemies in the area.
    If it comes out in sens, I would add the sniper and the iron zombie. But I hope they give us monsters outside of what appears in the artbook as well!
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Is it just me or is there a lot of water splashing in the first pic?

I wonder what the ground is like for this fight. Will we have unstable ground? If so, I am willing to bet this will be one nasty fight without the right ring....
    JK Platin
    JK Platin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JK Platin Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:00 pm

oh sorry i havnt player demon souls didnt know there was already a boss like that happy im a 360 player haha
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:29 am

I can't wait for new bosses and content! Havent played DS for the last month or two, so I'm really excited about this, hopefully the DLC wont dissappoint and destroy the masterpiece DS already is. Does anyone know if the DLC release on consoles will be combined with the PC release in August?

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 558843162

While Im sitting at work writing this, I just want to grab my Zweihander and beat the Gargoyels one more time... just once I promise... :roll:
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 am

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 After_16
    I DONT WANT TO WAIT TILL AUGUST !! big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:00 am

Which time and timezone is the namco thing on the twelth? Cause I dont want it to be the 13th here at like 2am.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 am

What if the DLC was all available off of the Asylum when you go back? Think about it!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:05 am

It looks like oscar is fighting something, maybe the boss?
    https://imgur.com/a/k9DnE
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 am

im also 99.99% this will be a dlc because if they dont its basically a slap to the loyal fans who stuck with them since demons silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:19 am