Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
aceluby
Wade_Wilson
DoughGuy
SlakeMoth
Artorias
Saturnine Knight
WyrmHero
Serious_Much
Uparkaam
Yarxov
Ignus-Dej
Emergence
RANT
ublug
DxV04
Zechk
bloodpixel
FruitPunchNinja
White Mamba
Kaminari
skarekrow13
Yukon
Tolvo
ChizFreak
28 posters

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RANT Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Guess ill have to wait and see the actuall full content of it, so far is not looking good. The lian thing looks like a lame version of a chimerae.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW IMAGES OF THE NEW BOSSES (PC/DLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:00 pm

That's called a Manticore, and while I think it's an interesting choice as I said I wish they had gone with the more traditional human headed one as opposed to this modern lion one. Imagine that but dark and mangy with a large human face hidden behind a beard, it feasts upon the corpses of those it kills and leaves nothing behind. But it can still speak, these sunken sagging eyes barely visible in the darkness. That boss could have been really creepy if you ask me.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:05 pm

It's not the number of bosses that has my spidey sense tingling. It's the nature of the launch. Publishers just don't seize the reins like this when it comes to DLC. With the manticore appearing in the artbook, I am thinking none of this content is newly developed dlc and may be a director's cut of content that did not make the initial cut.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket, because it may very well be awesome but I think it is important to establish a difference between Dev and Publisher, both of which have very different approaches to content.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Well, at least it isn't already on Disc. Then I would be highly disappointed, I can understand cut content being released if time constraints were the issue. But I guess the issue is finding out why content would have been cut in the first place. I guess the whole issue is I just don't really have enough information to go off of to really have a view on this DLC, outside of me wishing for a bit different of a Mythological creature.
    Ignus-Dej
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ignus-Dej Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Finally some new content.
    People where wondering since release why they haven't seen the manticore ingame. Only in the artbook.
    Hell, waiting is such a pain. I hope they do a good port.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:07 pm

I am suprised how many people didn't know it was a manticore, not enough Heroes of Might and Magic 3 players on these forums? silly

If anything I assume these are teasers more than everything the DLC will entail, if its not meant to come out until august it just wouldnt make sense for them to give everything away. That said, I agree with tolvo, this boss could have been more similar to some of the monsters in tower of latria, DeS. The standard manticore in videogameing is a little old. But Still, it was in the artbook too, maybe they intend to add even more from the artbook that sniper comes to mind!

Either way I am excited to see this, and while the monsters felt a little out of place initially when I looked at them I think they will make more sense as we get more information.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Whatever its called it still looks kinda lame, they should have hired the god of war guys for the bosses' design.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:10 pm

I feel really creepy when I post after you, Igus-Dej.

"should have hired GOW art degisners"

Eh? I really enjoy From's artist team, they make nice monsters that are not over the top. Not really a fan of any of the beings in GOW.. but thats just personal taste. I don't mind the manticore, it just seems really unexpected, considering the taurus demon we got doesn't reeeally look like a minotaur. But this one is almost a staple of what it looks like everywhere.

Last edited by Yukon on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Never played any of those games Yukon haha, I just study Theology/Mythology. silly

You know what would have been messed up? A manticore with the face of Gwyn, that would have been creep looking.

Also, early lore Speculation! The Black Dragon looks more like a Wyvern because of its face, kind of like the Hellkite. Also, Black Knights?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:15 pm

The dragon does look likke a bk dragon, it was the first thing I noticed. Maybe the boss is gonna be a black knight riding that dragon and you can jump on top of it and fight the bk then after you kill the bk you stab the dragon and fight him as you fall a la lord of the rings.
    Ignus-Dej
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ignus-Dej Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:19 pm

By the way, the correct translation of the pics would be:
    #1: ''Somehow, I don't like your gaze( don't like how you stare)''
    #2: You often get together with dragons.(You often encounter dragons)
    #3 ...., expecting you for the fight.
    Yukon wrote:I feel really creepy when I post after you, Igus-Dej.
    Why?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Ignus-Dej wrote:Finally some new content.
    People where wondering since release why they haven't seen the manticore ingame. Only in the artbook.
    Hell, waiting is such a pain. I hope they do a good port.
    I'm still waiting on that Fat official riding a Mecha Boar.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:30 pm

I hope this waiting ends soon...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:54 pm

No artorias? disappoiting.

How much would it be?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Serious_Much wrote:No artorias? disappoiting.

How much would it be?

I don't know, sorry, that's all the info we have. Also the PC edition is supposed to be released in August, so maybe we are gonna get the DLC very soon instead of at the same time the PC edition comes out.

Also, for god's sake who the hell is voting negative all my posts? Is there a way I can find who it is?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Maybe they didn't like the pictures? Chill out Chiz.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:01 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Maybe they didn't like the pictures? Chill out Chiz.

Lol he even voted negative the post where I ask who is voting me negative.

If you're so tough, show yourself coward.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Not sure I'm gonna get DLC if it's only 2 bosses, doesn't seem like it would be worth it considering how many bosses you got for initial £30 i paid for my copy

also chizz, you can only rep twice a day, so can't be the same person silly
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:05 pm

There, I gave you a +1 to even it.
    And Serious, it's already past midnight in some parts of the world.
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 pm

The first sentence is what would amount to: "There's something I don't like about your eyes."

The one about mucus... I can only assume the dragon or whatever has some kind of attack like they Hydra, spewing water or mucus at you. The probably talk about it in the article, and tie it in with a picture.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm dying for DLC!!! I'll pay anything for more content.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Saturnine Knight wrote:The first sentence is what would amount to: "There's something I don't like about your eyes."

The one about mucus... I can only assume the dragon or whatever has some kind of attack like they Hydra, spewing water or mucus at you. The probably talk about it in the article, and tie it in with a picture.

No, wait, the 2nd sentence it's from the 1st image, because the 1st image has 2 sentences instead of 1 like the 2nd and 3rd.

I will put them numbers to be more clear.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:13 pm

How much would it be?
    What about Gough & Ciaran? At least they had useful items.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:

How much would it be?

I would have loved to meet all four of them eventually, not that it will happen. I think a fight against an assassin and a fast moving bow user would be crazy fun though, fast bosses ftw

Though I also have to say it's kinda lame that one of the bosses is the chimera/manticore from the art book
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Oo1Zer0 wrote:

How much would it be?

I would have loved to meet all four of them eventually, not that it will happen. I think a fight against an assassin and a fast moving bow user would be crazy fun though, fast bosses ftw

Though I also have to say it's kinda lame that one of the bosses is the chimera/manticore from the art book

What's the difference between a Chimera and a Manticore?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 am