Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 14 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Quarik Tue May 01, 2012 7:19 pm

I wear fairly heavy armor (Havel's and BK) for 77 poise, but can still fastroll with the DWGR and the Mura. Mobility really is life, though it's not absolutely necessary if you're good at rolling.

The wording was a bit confusing on my question about the shields. It's more about people that don't turtle but are very good about blocking attacks. I don't have enough stamina to just wail on them, and they often carry a weapon that can punish hard if I miss a roll or run out of stamina.

Last edited by Quarik on Tue May 01, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 01, 2012 7:19 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Good point Befowler that makes sense I guess thats what I was kinda doing before with my claymore/balder side I would buff the balder then fall back on the ENC claymore or with my Mura and velka. I still invade that way also its just really really fun to OHKO gankers twisted

I guess I am that RED phantom jerk that comes storming in while you are chipping away and battling those 2 campers and just OHKO's the phantom so you can duel the host 1v1!

On a side note last night I killed both phantoms and actually had the host make 'the jump' down to darkroot...I healed and went for a blind jump attack but missed him....the Hydra took care of him before I could tho lol!

Hey I love those type of reds coming in to OHK one of the phantoms so I can get a 1v1. It kinda puts the universe back in balance when that happens.

So you got a host to make the jump huh - then Hydra killed them - boy that is rich lol Hydra wins the day then!! The forest is such a crazy but enjoyable place - that's why enjoy fighting there so much.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue May 01, 2012 7:31 pm

LOL I am sure a few of the lower lvl hunters appreciate it when I show up to the battle RED and friendly with a glowing great club! I have a couple more funny OHKO vids ill post!

The host making the jump when phantomless was my 1st I was standing there stunned that he actually did it...then I snapped out of it and went for the plunge attack!!

I must agree I have had more fun in the forest than anywere!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Quarik wrote:I wear fairly heavy armor (Havel's and BK) for 77 poise, but can still fastroll with the DWGR and the Mura. Mobility really is life, though it's not absolutely necessary if you're good at rolling.

The wording was a bit confusing on my question about the shields. It's more about people that don't turtle but are very good about blocking attacks. I don't have enough stamina to just wail on them, and they often carry a weapon that can punish hard if I miss a roll or run out of stamina.

Ok - cool glad to see you have the poise and can still move around well. You are all set in that department.

Well I am assuming you are attacking with the GS - if you are we need to get Skare's input since the GS is his weapon of choice. If you find your self running out of steam then try to start using stamina grass before you initiate a flurry of blows ( I run through a lot of grass during invasions - I pop one at every opportunity). Hopefully you are knowledgable about other bleed weapons so if your opponent blocks your attacks fine - just try to build up the bleed damage. I have killed more campers with my Washing Pole or Iato who try to block or turtle than I can remember. Also, I recommend you start watching your stamina meter more (I tend to watch my stamina more than my health bar since I'm such a stamina abuser lol! ). I try to roll away if I see I am getting low on stamina in order to let it recharge. This should also save you from getting punished by your opponent. I also wear the Child's Mask and Grass shield so my stamina recharge rate is fairly high (I think its 3.05 secs to fill).

Ok people any other recommendations for Quarik?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 01, 2012 7:56 pm

When someone is just hiding behind a shield I just go to town with my Iato, once the bleed kicks in they tend to get careless. If they are decked out in bleed resistent heavy armor and I can't stack enough bleed I'll pull out the pyro glove, a great combustion or fire orb either hurts them or makes them dodge which gives you an opening. If no pyro then you need to bait them into attacking you when you're expecting it and counter.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 pm

For blockers I'm not good at dead angling but with the scythe you can use the running attack very effectively. Either way I recommend making it look like you're frustrated and giving space to think. Then two hand and charge. You can stay locked and hit and run over and over or unlock and run to their side. I prefer the left but either works. Once they see that they received full damage they'll change their style. If you stay locked on you might be surprised how fast it can break a guard
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 02, 2012 1:24 am

First parry-riposte in the forest, yay! I'm playing around with an SLB Iaito +14, encountered a dragon torso only using fists, so I went for it. Missed the first, hit the second, and boom! 2.1k damage. It was so satisfying... That's only my second riposte in real pvp ever though. I need to go for them more often.

Speaking of the Iaito, does it's 1HR2 have dead angle potential? I'm not sure if the hit comes during the movement or after. If it does come after, it could absolutely destroy turtles (bleed helps too).
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 am

I don't know about the dead angle but the Iato's R2 is pretty awesome and actually fast enough to get used.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 am

Don't suppose anyone has a fully upgraded one. I kinda murdered all my smiths today in the stupidest manner ever.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 02, 2012 2:07 am

I have an Iato +15. But I don't forsee me giving it up. I could get you one tho...

On the topic of forest invasions I just want everyone to know I was just summoned to the forest and fell off a cliff 10 seconds later, yes I'm that awesome lol.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 am

That's me in the morning. "to the treents!" and then I roll backwards off the cliff.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 02, 2012 2:22 am

I've gotten so close to rolling off of cliffs today. My knees have been lower than the ground my opponent is walking on and I somehow manage to not fall.

It turns out that parries aren't actually all that difficult to land, especially in the forest. You just need to actually press the button and try it once in a while.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 am

cloudyeki wrote:That's me in the morning. "to the treents!" and then I roll backwards off the cliff.

Do you really want that Iato +15? If you're problem is dead blacksmiths ill trade you my Iato +15 for you +14 and a slab. Then ill just upgrade and we'll both have +15s
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 am

I'm gonna ng+++ anyways, so I'll be fine. I've an enchanted Iato, though I don't think the move set fits me at all.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 02, 2012 4:33 am

You don't need a smith to reinforce something from +14 to +15 anyway.

I'm kinda sad because I was really liking the Iaito (slightly shorter range than I'd like, but whatever), but it just doesn't do enough damage. Even on parries it's only 1700. Time to explore the wonders of 3-hit-ripostes combined with every buff imaginable.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 10:01 am

If you change your mind Eki and see me on I have a couple iaitos, one of which is at least partially upgraded. Yours if you want it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am

At first hosts were terrified of jumping down into the basin, but I've been having them do it more and more. I think they figure if they kill me they have time to run back up the path and loop back to the bonfire that way, since invasions down in the basin that might lock them down there again are pretty uncommon. I also had one guy who kept ordering summons over the side after me while I was down there. Every 5 minutes another summon would come leaping down and get some free balder stabbings. It was like lemmings.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 am

I tried jumping back into the woods from the hydra bridge. No dice
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 am

befowler wrote:At first hosts were terrified of jumping down into the basin, but I've been having them do it more and more. I think they figure if they kill me they have time to run back up the path and loop back to the bonfire that way, since invasions down in the basin that might lock them down there again are pretty uncommon. I also had one guy who kept ordering summons over the side after me while I was down there. Every 5 minutes another summon would come leaping down and get some free balder stabbings. It was like lemmings.

That is a very interesting development. I would love to be placed in a situation like that - the host is actually decreasing his chances of survival by splitting his forces. So if you are down in the lower basin fighting a white/yellow and another red and/or 2 blues (I invaded last night where I was the 3rd blue - I think the one of the other blues was a DM) invade then now the camper has a possible 3v1 on his hands:twisted: . Not a very smart move in my opinion. The only thing which could save the host is if the invasions are slow or not occuring at all (after you invade of course).

I have had only one host make the jump to escape a 2v1 - I tried to stop the hunter from immediately jumping but he did and was quickly killed by the host. I just waited the camper out (he could not get back up anyway even if he wanted to - self-imprisonment is what I call it) and he eventually killed himself and I got like 400K souls for no work at all - it was amazing!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Hey cloud if ya change your mind and your at the FC tonight let me know I have a +14 for ya!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 12:39 pm

I only had one camper try the jump but it was after I chased him halfway through the forest with the Great Scythe. In other words he was near death and didn't survive the fall. Whoops!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed May 02, 2012 6:36 pm

I wouldn't suggest EVER taunting forest hunters...you never know when one of Alvina's assassin's is lurking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Hg2D52ctQ

What are the odds this would be the very next invasion...Cloud you might get a kick out of the ending!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJr6qorbbo

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Bloody brilliant man. I was (an still am a bit) having a bit of hunting troubles. I got used to fast rolls, but zero poise and no I-frames mean I can't fall back on my usual fighting style. It's fine if I can keep the fight to midrange with magic and MLGS, but if it's a pair they always try to close the gap meaning I have to give them ground. Usually leads to me running around avoiding hits instead of me chasing them off.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 pm

LOL but with your fighting style you are allowing me time to invade them and help you out....man I have seen you in the forest more than anyone!!!

0 poise well 6 I guess works fine for me and so does having them rush me also because it is soooooo easy to BS them when they run at you. I dont know quite how it all works out but when your backing up or side rolling while they are rushing you then all of a sudden rush at them its like you get a speed burst bonus over them and you will get the BS way more often or maybe its just cuz I am almost naked lol!

Happy hunting!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Lol......awesome. Bet you're the red that made Eki and I late to the dance the one time we invaded together

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:20 pm