For the Glory of Alvina

    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 106
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by DxV04 on Thu May 17, 2012 12:45 am

    Shkar wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:If dx is Barragon and broke Kenny, then who the hell do you think I am?!

    Orihime?

    LOL lol! I like her. But cloudyeki is a guy right? Maybe he is Kaname Tōsen.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 27
    Location : Cali

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by cloudyeki on Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 am

    I'm a guy. Tosen is the blind one right?


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    The forest fire demon!
    Laplace, The Lord's Shadow
    SL 99 PW arena build

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 DkSSigLaurentiuscloudyeki Props to BindMind for the sig!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 106
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by DxV04 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:06 am

    cloudyeki wrote:I'm a guy. Tosen is the blind one right?

    Yep he is. I based it on your current avatar
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 am

    cloudyeki wrote:Dear god not her!

    I wish I was xbox, so my 280 could murder his ganking *** good! Good show man, you shall be immortalized... In movie form.
    Hunter's spirit
    The Story of Broke Willy
    With Broke Willy played by Jason Statham

    Cloud - you would be too much for these fools on the XBOX.I can hear the screaming now as the flames are lapping at their cowardly flesh lol!


    _________________
    DkS - XLN Tag: Brokewilly
    Kempachi - DM+3 (SL317)
    Soifon - DM+3 (SL140)
    Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

    DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 17, 2012 1:11 am

    DxV04 wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:I'm a guy. Tosen is the blind one right?

    Yep he is. I based it on your current avatar

    Tosen was a beast - he just became a misled soul which was odd due to his great insight.Must mean anyone can be lead to the darkside. I loved the fight between Tosen and Kenpachi - now that was nice!!



    _________________
    DkS - XLN Tag: Brokewilly
    Kempachi - DM+3 (SL317)
    Soifon - DM+3 (SL140)
    Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

    DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 106
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by DxV04 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:13 am

    Brokewilly wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:I'm a guy. Tosen is the blind one right?

    Yep he is. I based it on your current avatar

    Tosen was a beast - he just became a misled soul which was odd due to his great insight.Must mean anyone can be lead to the darkside. I loved the fight between Tosen and Kenpachi - now that was nice!!

    Yep definitely one of my favorite characters of which there are many to choose from. So what do you think Yeki?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 27
    Location : Cali

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by cloudyeki on Thu May 17, 2012 1:18 am

    As long as I turn into a giant cricket it's fine with me.


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    The forest fire demon!
    Laplace, The Lord's Shadow
    SL 99 PW arena build

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 DkSSigLaurentiuscloudyeki Props to BindMind for the sig!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 106
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by DxV04 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:20 am

    cloudyeki wrote:As long as I turn into a giant cricket it's fine with me.
    lol!
    that thing was effing scary as FUUUU~
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by skarekrow13 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 am

    Broke, I didn't write anything too funny but I did make him respond to me. Wait until you see that. It's nut funny, and it won't anger you. But it's perfect

    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 106
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by DxV04 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:24 am

    skarekrow13 wrote:Broke, I didn't write anything too funny but I did make him respond to me. Wait until you see that. It's nut funny, and it won't anger you. But it's perfect

    can we get a link please? big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 17, 2012 1:37 am

    skarekrow13 wrote:Broke, I didn't write anything too funny but I did make him respond to me. Wait until you see that. It's nut funny, and it won't anger you. But it's perfect

    Skare -u are too much.What were those people called who followed Hulk Hogan around - Hulkamaniacs??? When you used 'Broke-a-maniac' that's what I thought of. I just couldn't stop laughing. Ok - I can't take it anymore y'all are killing me I'm going to bed.

    @Dx here is the link to the traitors post-defeat vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3wuQSqA1ag

    Don't laugh at him too hard - the last couple of days it has started to hurt when a I laugh because of all this stuff lol!


    _________________
    DkS - XLN Tag: Brokewilly
    Kempachi - DM+3 (SL317)
    Soifon - DM+3 (SL140)
    Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

    DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 106
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by DxV04 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:45 am

    Yea I saw it, this lap top's volume is so low and he talks so low anyway skare made him face up to his silly comment. Some people don't need help to look like a fool and he fits the bill haha
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : California

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Motopsycho on Thu May 17, 2012 5:00 am

    Interesting. I fought the guy in that vid a few times just now, seemed, pretty non ganker?

    Edit: Just beat him this lat time, nice chunk of souls. :shock:
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1755
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-03-26
    Location : New Mombasa

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Quarik on Thu May 17, 2012 5:08 am

    Hahahahahahahahah! *wipes tears out of eyes* He's a ganker to the core. I've invaded him many times, along with the other people Broke has called the cavalry on.


    _________________
    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Dkssif10
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : California

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Motopsycho on Thu May 17, 2012 5:11 am

    Lol Guess i was just lucky then
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 17, 2012 8:17 am

    Motopsycho wrote:Interesting. I fought the guy in that vid a few times just now, seemed, pretty non ganker?

    Edit: Just beat him this lat time, nice chunk of souls. :shock:

    Motopsycho - just to give u a little history. The guy u fought a few times basically participated in me getting ganked. About two months ago he was in the the forest as blue (hunter) when I invaded - he aided & abetted a camper and white on getting me banged. He did not even attempt to attack the host and to add insult to injury he waves to the camera as I faded to nothingness lol! Basically, he was taking up an invasion slot - isolating my butt. This is the worse thing any hunter could possibly do.

    He may have fought you straight-up at times but he is a ganker at heart.I guess he can fight the ganking urge sometimes then sometimes he can't. You never no with him so caution is warranted when dealing with him.



    _________________
    DkS - XLN Tag: Brokewilly
    Kempachi - DM+3 (SL317)
    Soifon - DM+3 (SL140)
    Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

    DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by skarekrow13 on Thu May 17, 2012 9:39 am

    I wonder if some of the gankers have issues like I do in connecting with other worlds. I've been playing human non stop for the last 60 or 70 levels and rarely get invaded and haven't seen a red or white or gold sign in God knows how long. I assume some gankers are in a similar boat and can go extended periods of time without help. It could be he does do occasional honest fights though. I'm not gonna strain my brain too hard on this but as invaders we get 10% of the souls the host needs to level up if we kill him. He gave like 260k I believe which would mean 2.6 million for him to level which puts him well and truly above the 300 levels the wiki covers. Getting to 300 only takes 900k. So your intel about him being 400 seems dead on. Could be why he's lonely sometimes too.

    Glad you got the Hulk references. I'll probably call you Brokester from now on big grin

    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : California

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Motopsycho on Thu May 17, 2012 4:56 pm

    Ah i got it, a traitor :evil:
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Shkar on Thu May 17, 2012 8:08 pm

    Out of curiosity, I would like your guys' thoughts on low level hunters. I have been bringing new characters to the covenant at low levels (I have been working on a few characters to help low level people at later bosses) and I of course get beat on a lot.

    Typically, I hope for some backup since it is near impossible to take on a 2v1 fliiping tank combo as a level 12, but what are your guys' thoughts? If I do get some backup, I typically just distract and take a few pot shots at one of the farmers, but is that ok since most invasions no backup arrives anyway?


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 27
    Location : Cali

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by cloudyeki on Thu May 17, 2012 8:11 pm

    It'd be alright if you act as a distraction. As long as you can hamper the gankers it's fine.


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    The forest fire demon!
    Laplace, The Lord's Shadow
    SL 99 PW arena build

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 DkSSigLaurentiuscloudyeki Props to BindMind for the sig!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 17, 2012 8:18 pm

    skarekrow13 wrote:I wonder if some of the gankers have issues like I do in connecting with other worlds. I've been playing human non stop for the last 60 or 70 levels and rarely get invaded and haven't seen a red or white or gold sign in God knows how long. I assume some gankers are in a similar boat and can go extended periods of time without help. It could be he does do occasional honest fights though. I'm not gonna strain my brain too hard on this but as invaders we get 10% of the souls the host needs to level up if we kill him. He gave like 260k I believe which would mean 2.6 million for him to level which puts him well and truly above the 300 levels the wiki covers. Getting to 300 only takes 900k. So your intel about him being 400 seems dead on. Could be why he's lonely sometimes too.

    Glad you got the Hulk references. I'll probably call you Brokester from now on big grin

    The Brokester it is then lol! Do I get to have an entourage 8) ? Yeah - I have a detailed file on him plus I receive updates regarding his movements.Only on the XBOX could this probably be done just too many people on the PS3 - you probably could never track an opponent's movements on that console.

    I'm just glad I was able to pull out win for the covenant and allies.It does not matter if I fight him a million times in the future and lose - who ever wins the first confrontation gets to be seared into people's brains. Kinda like no one remembering who came in 2nd place in the 1995 New York marathon. Well I probably won't get beat-up as bad and be able pull out a few wins in the future because now I know how he fights. I usually do much better when I fight an opponent a second time.

    Good times all around people!


    _________________
    DkS - XLN Tag: Brokewilly
    Kempachi - DM+3 (SL317)
    Soifon - DM+3 (SL140)
    Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

    DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 pm

    Shkar wrote:Out of curiosity, I would like your guys' thoughts on low level hunters. I have been bringing new characters to the covenant at low levels (I have been working on a few characters to help low level people at later bosses) and I of course get beat on a lot.

    Typically, I hope for some backup since it is near impossible to take on a 2v1 fliiping tank combo as a level 12, but what are your guys' thoughts? If I do get some backup, I typically just distract and take a few pot shots at one of the farmers, but is that ok since most invasions no backup arrives anyway?

    Shkar - I think you mentioned you were on XBOX - if you are PM me on the forum your tag and I will send you a friend request.

    Don't worry about your SL - just fight to gain levels (pick one of your hunters and dedicate them just to the forest - that way you can keep leveling that toon - you will need some resiliency to effectively deal with the gank. Unless you are a parry or BS artist twisted ).

    When I'm dealing with a 2v1 I use mobility and quickness to increase my chances of isolating one of my opponents for a possible kill). I usually go for the host since that is your primary objective.

    That is strange no other hunters, SoVs or reds are invading when you are in the forest.There are certain times of the day in which you should get back-up. Just look around in your world - if you see a lot of messages then it is a good chance the forest is very active also. Also, remember DkS uses lobbies instead of regional or a farmed central server (think of the on-line game as a series of high-rise buildings each with a lobby, each high-rise is connected by walkways and each room in each high-rise is a human host's world). There is also a ping server (e.g. control server) which interrogates each of the high-rises in order to determine who can enter each of the rooms). From time to time you should reload your game by exiting to the console screen then start the game again. Doing this may move you to a lobby of a more active high-rise increasing the rate of invasions thereby increasing the likelihood of help arriving while you are in the forest.

    You are going to experience bangs just deal with it as best you can.Learn from the bangs and get better - you will slowly find your self dealing with bangs with a measure of serenity. Don't get me wrong I get killed a lot - those are just the odds of our job but it is those magical moments when you victoriously beat the bang and all the violent deaths you experienced would have been worth it.

    Good hunting folks!!


    _________________
    DkS - XLN Tag: Brokewilly
    Kempachi - DM+3 (SL317)
    Soifon - DM+3 (SL140)
    Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

    DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Shkar on Thu May 17, 2012 8:48 pm

    Brokewilly wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Out of curiosity, I would like your guys' thoughts on low level hunters. I have been bringing new characters to the covenant at low levels (I have been working on a few characters to help low level people at later bosses) and I of course get beat on a lot.

    Typically, I hope for some backup since it is near impossible to take on a 2v1 fliiping tank combo as a level 12, but what are your guys' thoughts? If I do get some backup, I typically just distract and take a few pot shots at one of the farmers, but is that ok since most invasions no backup arrives anyway?

    Shkar - I think you mentioned you were on XBOX - if you are PM me on the forum your tag and I will send you a friend request.

    Don't worry about your SL - just fight to gain levels (pick one of your hunters and dedicate them just to the forest - that way you can keep leveling that toon - you will need some resiliency to effectively deal with the gank. Unless you are a parry or BS artist twisted ).

    When I'm dealing with a 2v1 I use mobility and quickness to increase my chances of isolating one of my opponents for a possible kill). I usually go for the host since that is your primary objective.

    That is strange no other hunters, SoVs or reds are invading when you are in the forest.There are certain times of the day in which you should get back-up. Just look around in your world - if you see a lot of messages then it is a good chance the forest is very active also. Also, remember DkS uses lobbies instead of regional or a farmed central server (think of the on-line game as a series of high-rise buildings each with a lobby, each high-rise is connected by walkways and each room in each high-rise is a human host's world). There is also a ping server (e.g. control server) which interrogates each of the high-rises in order to determine who can enter each of the rooms). From time to time you should reload your game by exiting to the console screen then start the game again. Doing this may move you to a lobby of a more active high-rise increasing the rate of invasions thereby increasing the likelihood of help arriving while you are in the forest.

    You are going to experience bangs just deal with it as best you can.Learn from the bangs and get better - you will slowly find your self dealing with bangs with a measure of serenity. Don't get me wrong I get killed a lot - those are just the odds of our job but it is those magical moments when you victoriously beat the bang and all the violent deaths you experienced would have been worth it.

    Good hunting folks!!

    Oh, no doubt. I have a level 200 in the Clan who I will start playing again in time, I have just been working on other characters. I also have this guy (!) who I will be attempting to enter into the Men in Tights as soon as my friend finally brings me his capture card (Three weeks! For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 3596227959)


    I was just curious if I was actually making it harder on you guys by taking up an invasion slot, even though in my experience the flow of invaders has always been minimal.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 25
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by DoughGuy on Thu May 17, 2012 8:52 pm

    Never forget to use the environment and the ents to your advantage. Also find a jump/roll for a difficult area that gives you a shortcut and practice it till your perfect. If you're getting chased you can use it to buy you ome time and possibly kill someone following you.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Shkar on Thu May 17, 2012 8:58 pm

    DoughGuy wrote:Never forget to use the environment and the ents to your advantage. Also find a jump/roll for a difficult area that gives you a shortcut and practice it till your perfect. If you're getting chased you can use it to buy you ome time and possibly kill someone following you.

    I don't know how it is for anyone else, but I can never get the dang farmers to follow me. I try to leave their little clearings and they just run back and wait. Dang cowards, I'm starting to think we should use the TWoP/Dark Hand tactic to host a "cleansing the forest" event...

    Sponsored content

    For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

    Post by Sponsored content


      Community Articles

      Current date/time is Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:25 am