Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
FrEyes
GkMrBane
JohnnyHarpoon
Chumgeyser
Carphil
skarekrow13
WarriorOfSunlight
TehInfamousAmos
SmittyRomps
Darkson
Spurgun
DamageCK
Tolvo
cloudyeki
BLA1NE
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yesuurd
WyrmHero
Serious_Much
User
lextune
Glutebrah
dirkdeadeye
billy_bayonet
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
Bye
barrywilkins
mugenis4real
Imarreteet23
DoughGuy
BLVCK
37 posters

Why the Forest hunters deserved to be farmed

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Why the Forest hunters deserved to be farmed - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the Forest hunters deserved to be farmed

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:To be fair, there is only one covenant that has the most honour: the princess guard.

lol

True.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Why the Forest hunters deserved to be farmed - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the Forest hunters deserved to be farmed

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Well BLVCK, welcome to the forums and your notoriety, an interesting first post to say the least, not one that I would agree with, but interesting.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:To be fair, there is only one covenant that has the most honour: the princess guard.

lol

And that's why no one is a member. /cry
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm

LOL if Tolvo see this...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm

BLVCK wrote:we are all familiar with the forest hunters pvp tactics (1v2, or looking for npc help) willingness to run and go through every enemy in the lvl for backup but thats not the point the point is I've recently noticed an increase in the use of Tranquil walk of peace to Wrath of God among invading forest hunters guess thats the new thing
    Shrug
    awful defeats the purpose of pvp, fights involving those spells to me are null an void as far as any respect an what do forest hunters truthfully have to gain from such wins?? nothing which is why they're the biggest *** in the game which is also why I have a high sl i leave in the forest to Whoop they *** just because

but really i kno I'm not the only one who feels like this haha anyone could get those spells an win requires no skill and besides who wants to follow around the fat cat from alice an wonderland Why the Forest hunters deserved to be farmed - Page 2 2667844452

this is why they deserve to be farmed not to mention the fact that wen i rely DO need to kill sif the bastards keep killing my help tsk tsk

Wow, I disagree here entirely! I respect your opinion but this logic of yours to me is so distorted!

TWOP and WOTG, I have always been a DW I invade the forest and find 3 guys which don't even let me spawn and are spamming r1 attacks, many other times I find myself entering and already am caught in TWOP while another phantom throws lightning at me and another is fishing backstabs.

Most of the invaders have to rely on tactics like spamming or TWOP or backstabs to survive a 3v1 attack
    you see the forest filled with white signs more than anywhere else, why? is the forest more difficult than other areas NO it's one of the easiest areas in the game, so surely these signs are meant for farming.

I do not find any logic behind farming, I get the phantom defending a host, if you are more experienced than your host then why don't you fight the invader one on one and then keep going, or run to the boss gate? But no, farmers stay there pre meditated, you are victimizing farmers without any rational logic behind it.

Everyone in this game if human and under the right circumstances can be invaded and has been, you either tough it out or quit or choose the worst which is hiding behind 2 guys flasking and casting OP spells even though the odds are on your side already.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm

frankly the tactics described make anyone who uses them a douch regardless of covanent, theirs a higher incidence of these tactics in the forest because of farming by groups of 3 vs one FH during the first few month of the game as a way of retaliation.. now both sides of the ongoing farmer v.s hunter war use those frowned upon tactics and will gank whenever possible. the place has become an utter pvp $#!* hole. both hosts and hunters except for a rare few (most of which seem to access this forum) do not use these tactics and instead prefer to duel. i have started seeing forest hunters who exploit the dragon fist/bow backstab glitch as well as hosts with red phantom allies and and zweihanders that attack like longswords. i almost wish i could torch the place and eliminate all of the rage it spawns. there have been too many topics like this. the basic theme being "this group in the forest is bad and this one isn't" despite A-holery on both sides.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 pm

this is why Oolacile was destroyed in the first place.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 03, 2012 11:40 pm

tbh its a game! lol if your gona get ragey go play pokemon :O
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri May 04, 2012 12:35 am

No one deserves to be farmed.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri May 04, 2012 12:39 am

You make it sound like the hunters should be bloody cattle.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 am

ITS THE FOREST. STOP THESE 3 PAGE LONG THREADS.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri May 04, 2012 12:55 am

It actually seems like one of these threads come out every week. Usually though, the conversations get much more resmblant of a flamewar, and the thread is locked. I'm suprised that everyone is being so civil at the moment. Kudos to everybody.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 04, 2012 1:41 am

The fact that this is his first post leads me to believe that he is just trolling you guys, his Well What is it is another obvious indicator, he wants to get a rise and response, which I won't give as it's completely obvious as of to this man's ignorance.

Ug...Just when I thought I was going to get out of the rut, I see a thread like this.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri May 04, 2012 1:56 am

The Tolvo has spoken! Repent your erronius ways or suffer the black tumbler! Hurrah
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 am

The Forest is what it is. If you're not into it, then dip. End of storytime.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:frankly the tactics described make anyone who uses them a douch regardless of covanent, theirs a higher incidence of these tactics in the forest because of farming by groups of 3 vs one FH during the first few month of the game as a way of retaliation.. now both sides of the ongoing farmer v.s hunter war use those frowned upon tactics and will gank whenever possible. the place has become an utter pvp $#!* hole. both hosts and hunters except for a rare few (most of which seem to access this forum) do not use these tactics and instead prefer to duel. i have started seeing forest hunters who exploit the dragon fist/bow backstab glitch as well as hosts with red phantom allies and and zweihanders that attack like longswords. i almost wish i could torch the place and eliminate all of the rage it spawns. there have been too many topics like this. the basic theme being "this group in the forest is bad and this one isn't" despite A-holery on both sides.

i don’t really care about this thread, IMO this is just a troll thread.
    but this, i once met a phantom with a GC that attacked crazy fast. i have never used the GC but i don’t think it can be that fast, it swung as fast if not faster than the BKGA. is this possible or was i just seeing things?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 04, 2012 2:34 am

It's a very, very deadly glitch Hellooo. That's one that is best left un-figured out. Ever seen a Demon Great Hammer with the R2 of a Ricard's while buffed with DMB? Yeah, I mean really. Did he have to press R2 twice? I'm pretty sure he knew I was dead.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 am

i don’t want to know how to do the glitch tolvo. i just wanted to know if i saw wrong or not.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 am

I know Spur, I just love to keep the cat away before it gets curious just in case. silly
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri May 04, 2012 3:12 am

yes. altough i would love to run around with a rapier that has the moveset of a UGS/greathammer
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri May 04, 2012 3:33 am

Oh my god, G.Halberd with the dancing moveset from the PGS or P's dagger!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

Quarik wrote:

lol

And that's why no one is a member. /cry

I beg to differ.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri May 04, 2012 10:06 am

For the 100000000th time, honor is in the player not the covenant, we have discussed this too much already.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 am

yesuurd, brick wall mate, people will always find something to complain about
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 am

It was a joke, man.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:20 am