Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Digitalyzed
User
skarekrow13
Chaos Spectre
jsd201
ViralEnsign_
WorldSlayerPIKA
Azran
Dubscythe
DoughGuy
befowler
Emergence
Quarik
KomradDakka
Imarreteet23
WarriorOfSunlight
SlakeMoth
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
23 posters

Recommend a Game Thread.

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Recommend a Game Thread.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Recommend a Game Thread.

Post by Yarxov Sun May 20, 2012 1:05 pm

I really wish the burg was more extensive though, 1-x was my favorite in DS by far.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sun May 20, 2012 7:07 pm

You can't go wrong with Diablo. It's the epitome of dungeon crawling RPGs.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 20, 2012 7:19 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I don't disagree. It's not my reasoning. I personally think DkS has beautiful graphics. I think they set the tone and atmosphere of the game really nicely.

Not even a question of aesthetic, Dark Souls looks REALLY good compared to console Skyrim.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Is it time for a Legend of Dragoon plug? I think it is.

BUY THE DAMN GAME. it's $6 for *** sake and takes a good 60-80 hours to complete, if thats not value for money (and it's a sick game) I dunno what is.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Have I posted here?

Skies of Arcadia.

In the first hour you attack the imperial armada, defeat an admiral, save the princess and fly a pirate ship full of loot back to your secret base inside a floating island. and you still have 40-80 hours left depending on how many sidequests you do.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Just got back from the game store to trade in some old stuff I didn't really like and get something used that's new for me. Anyway you guys wouldn't believe how many used copies of Dark Souls I saw. At least 15 in one small store. I couldn't believe it. People in general must suck at video games. I can't see any other reason to buy and sell DkS.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon May 21, 2012 6:41 pm

My friend tried to buy Demons Souls awhile back (before DkS) and the employee kept telling him "Are you SURE you want to get this? Its really a hard game!"
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 pm

If it wasn't for the guys who work at my local game store I probably never would have tried or even known about the series. I went in to buy Dragon Age Origins and they were telling me about "this other RPG, that's supposed to be the hardest next-gen game available." They were saying it was like a test of a gamers metal. Which was my cue to say: "I'll take it."
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon May 21, 2012 9:04 pm

After finishing DkS twice, I went to reserve a Demon's Souls copy. The guy at the counter asked five times if I was totally sure about purchasing that game.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 pm

PlasticandRage, if you're looking to play a Diablo like game why not pick up Torchlight on Steam? It's pretty good, was made by some of the same people who worked on Diablo.

Some stuff about it:

-It has three classes, but each class has a very versatile skill tree and can be played a variety of different ways

-Epic loot, which should be obvious given the game type

-You get a pet, which is awesome. Is your inventory full but you want to keep exploring the mine? Send it back to town to sell your junk for you.

-Beat the game and want to start a new character, but don't want to lose loot? Stuff it in your shared stash that appears for all characters. Gonna play the same class? Retire your character and pass you favorite weapon down as a heirloom, it will be powered up and usable with reduced requirements.

-Even after beating the final boss, there are still 50+ floors of the mine you can explore, that get progressively harder.

-It is extremely mod friendly, even has achievements for installing mods!

It's only $15, and if you Pre-purchase Torchlight II on steam, you get the first game free, so it's 2 games for $20.

Last edited by Dubscythe on Mon May 21, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Azran wrote:After finishing DkS twice, I went to reserve a Demon's Souls copy. The guy at the counter asked five times if I was totally sure about purchasing that game.

That's hilarious I never bought either from a shop so I never got the whole badassery (in a nerdy sorta way) experience of telling the store clerk you were definitely up for it silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 pm

If I were going to buy anything for my PC I'd be buying Arma 2, due to Dakka's glowing extended recommendation, but the last week or so my PC has started doing some strange things that are making me think it might be a mistake to buy any PC games until I can get it looked at. I think either there's something wrong with my video card or I have a loose wire in there somewhere. I'm leaning towards the latter. Evidently I bought a series of HP that are notorious for not being put together properly, and this would mark the second time something like that's happened with this computer. No big deal considering it's the most expensive thing I've ever bought that you can't drive. Way to go HP.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Dubscythe wrote:PlasticandRage, if you're looking to play a Diablo like game why not pick up Torchlight on Steam? It's pretty good, was made by some of the same people who worked on Diablo.

Some stuff about it:

-It has three classes, but each class has a very versatile skill tree and can be played a variety of different ways

-Epic loot, which should be obvious given the game type

-You get a pet, which is awesome. Is your inventory full but you want to keep exploring the mine? Send it back to town to sell your junk for you.

-Beat the game and want to start a new character, but don't want to lose loot? Stuff it in your shared stash that appears for all characters. Gonna play the same class? Retire your character and pass you favorite weapon down as a heirloom, it will be powered up and usable with reduced requirements.

-Even after beating the final boss, there are still 50+ floors of the mine you can explore, that get progressively harder.

-It is extremely mod friendly, even has achievements for installing mods!

It's only $15, and if you Pre-purchase Torchlight II on steam, you get the first game free, so it's 2 games for $20.

I played the Torchlight 2 beta and the classes are what make the game different than that of your usual RPG loot-fest. I had tons of fun playing as the Outlander. I may consider buying this, but for now I'm playing Diablo 3.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 23, 2012 3:35 am

Have any of you ever played Dark Sector? I played it briefly at a friend's house right around the ps3's launch, and I remembered enjoying it. I found it for $4 used the other day, and figured that for $4 how wrong can you go? It's actually pretty great. It operates a lot like Resident Evil 4, but with a much less demonstrated plot, and a more simplistic inventory system. The major difference is that you're character is essentially one of the monsters. I'm really having fun with it. I'm not saying it's the greatest game ever, but I would have paid more than $4 for it and been happy with my purchase.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:15 am