Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
User
cloudyeki
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FruitPunchNinja
Odinbear
RANT
Serious_Much
Zechk
lextune
billy_bayonet
GkMrBane
Federally
Dubscythe
bloodpixel
Wade_Wilson
Azran
Kaminari
callipygias
mugenis4real
23 posters

What does our Dark Souls forum community look down on?

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

What does our Dark Souls forum community look down on? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does our Dark Souls forum community look down on?

Post by RANT Thu May 17, 2012 11:19 am

Kaminari wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:people that abuse backstabs, the mechanic is broken because of lag, it might seem like a legit bs on your screen but on their side it was a lagstab, imo it ruins pvp because of that damn lag, put yourself in their shoes and tell me it doesnt suck.

if this was to me, I can only say that I have no memory of that he ever said anything about trying to backstab.

what are you talking about? th op was asking about what people here look down on and abusing bs is what i feel is the worst thing anyone can do becasue of lag.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

What does our Dark Souls forum community look down on? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does our Dark Souls forum community look down on?

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 11:20 am

Also, Kaminari I feel you're being over aggressive and it brought the thread to the attention of our mod team, I plead with you to try and be a bit more civil in your responses.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu May 17, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 11:21 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Kaminari wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:people that abuse backstabs, the mechanic is broken because of lag, it might seem like a legit bs on your screen but on their side it was a lagstab, imo it ruins pvp because of that damn lag, put yourself in their shoes and tell me it doesnt suck.

if this was to me, I can only say that I have no memory of that he ever said anything about trying to backstab.

what are you talking about? th op was asking about what people here look down on and abusing bs is what i feel is the worst thing anyone can do becasue of lag.

Sorry, I thought you kinda jumped in in the discussion that I think the op did get an unjustified negative rep were other thinks it totally understanable.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 11:24 am

Serious_Much wrote:Also, Kaminari I feel you're being over aggressive and it brought the thread to the attention of our mod team, I plead with you to try and be a bit more civil in your responses.

Crap O.o I never meant to come out as overagressive ó.o I just meant to clearly get the point out how stupid reason (According to MY opinion) that negative rep seemed to be for, as said, Never meant to come out as overagressive, I love discussions, I love to argue in civil way, so if someone ever gets offended by me or think I'm overagressive, just tell me that in the reply cause I have no intentions of looking agressive happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 11:26 am

Good, I just want our community's little streak of being civil in everything to remain, I was simply being cautious winking
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 11:30 am

No problem, and I'm sorry if you felt I twisted your words, But what you said was
    " I think really that allowing people to have slightly less
    'efficient' and numerically perfect builds to just have one that they
    enjoy using and it unique should be encouraged, rather than telling them
    to go put on the armour the majority of underhanded players use"

(cant get the text normal sized)

So..you are speaking about allowing people to play as they want, and he said what he said, in a thread were the player wanted a suggestion, thereby, I took it as you also were one of the people thinking that his unjustyfied rep was justified,

I hope you do understand that I not meant to twist your words, that wasn't my intention.

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu May 17, 2012 11:36 am

I don' t the "the whole community" looks down on any one thing . Personally, I try not to look down or judge. It's only a game.
    I do see a lot of whining about losing ( cheap tactics or whatever) Remember, two can play the game, don't be afraid to use whatever necessary to win, cause you don't know how EVIL your opponent is gonna be.

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 11:46 am

Kaminari wrote:I took it as you also were one of the people thinking that his unjustyfied rep was justified,

Well, in my opinion it's justified in a way, but not for what you think. It's because the implications of the changes made the build into a poise tank build that used magic, rather than the all out power style it had before, it essentially made it a different build. I neg repped it for that reason, not for just telling him to use certain equipment.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 11:51 am

"not for just telling him to use certain equipment." How ever, this is how you made it look like in my eyes,

But I honestly don't see the need to down rep it, since the player who made that topic wanted suggestions, and he gaved one..

You could have said in the topic that you don't like the suggestion, because "blah blah blah", and thereby, this op, maybe wouldn't feel he get unjustyfied rep,,
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu May 17, 2012 11:59 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    Kaminari wrote:I took it as you also were one of the people thinking that his unjustyfied rep was justified,

Well, in my opinion it's justified in a way, but not for what you think. It's because the implications of the changes made the build into a poise tank build that used magic, rather than the all out power style it had before, it essentially made it a different build. I neg repped it for that reason, not for just telling him to use certain equipment.

Dude. I didn't touch his weapons. I didn't touch his spells. I didn't touch his rings. I saw that his build had the potential to be stronger so I made a SUGGESTION about his armor setup. How does that change his build into a different build?

Edit: That wasn't me who just negative repped you by the way.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Kaminari, i did say it wasn't a suggestion I liked, though in a roundabout way in the other topic.

Mugen, it's the way the extra like 300 health and extra poise would change the way he plays, it would drastically change the way the build is used, even though the levels are almost identical.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 12:08 pm

allright, I give you that, but it dosen't change the fact that I can't see why he should have a down rep because he gaved a suggestion when the player asked for it, just because you didn't like it....it basically the same thing as someone asking you for an advice what to use on their intelligence build and you say "Use the crystal soul magics", and someone dislikes those, should that someone then give you a negative rep?
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 pm

oh by the way, I'm sorry if I just comes out as stubborn now, All I acctually want to do is understand your point wich I feel I don't get the hang on...
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Mugen, it's the way the extra like 300 health and extra poise would change the way he plays, it would drastically change the way the build is used, even though the levels are almost identical.

The way someone plays their build is purely up to them. I doubt that the first thing he thought when he saw my fix was "well looks like I'm going to tank through everything in the game from now on". You might have grounds if I changed his rolling action, but I didnt.

If your argument is the increase in poise, then your just being mean. I was only able to give him just enough so that he doesnt get immediately stunlocked by every slice of a MLGS.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Kaminari wrote:allright, I give you that, but it dosen't change the fact that I can't see why he should have a down rep because he gaved a suggestion when the player asked for it, just because you didn't like it....it basically the same thing as someone asking you for an advice what to use on their intelligence build and you say "Use the crystal soul magics", and someone dislikes those, should that someone then give you a negative rep?

Thats not the same thing, at all really. The crystal magics are just part and parcel of sorcery builds, but masks and heavy tank armour aren't necessarily anything like that, I'm sorry but that example is nonsensical :|

Like I said, it's not just because I dislike it, it's the taking away on uniqueness of the build and destroying the point of the build, just because it's only a couple of changes doesn't mean the effect is so small too.

Mugen, it's both the health and the poise, it changes it into a build that can both take more damage and more hits before stagger, and it means it becomes less of a glass cannon and more generic build that could just use poise tanking to just stunlock with his own MLGS.. Also I don't think anyone is going to change their rolling action from flipping in PvP really silly

This is gonna be my last post on the matter if you guys continue to go in circles with this, because you've asked me the same question 3 times, and the whole thing isn't going anywhere fast.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu May 17, 2012 1:22 pm

this game obviously isnt the most balanced game in the world, but its a game. at least theres no real leader boards or anything to make people be even more obsessed with getting easy kills. I personally am not paying attention to any of the "that is cheap" talk anymore. play how you wish.

the only thing i really think is cheap is people fishing for bs/exploiting lag and spamming massive ammounts of either wog or great combustion. and its not like those things are so op that its impossible to beat them, its just very very powerful.

I personally dont take those losses seriously, anyone can do that and they do. you play a lot worse when you're angry, at least i do. its much better to just try and enjoy that game, no one is going to win every single fight so dont base your enjoyment off wins.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu May 17, 2012 1:26 pm

I don't really understand the confusion.

"What does the community look down on?"

Well, ninja-flipping, mask wearing, Havels are right near the top of the list, so when you suggest that someone do exactly that; it is not surprising that someone would neg it.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 1:27 pm

I know you said its your last post here but maybe you will read anyway..

"taking away on uniqueness" ? glass cannon isn't unique either....

Also, I'm currently doing a kind of a glass cannon, still though, that build will have like 2000 health, so just cause it has more health as full, dosen't mean it's not a glass cannon anymore...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Lex, what I found funny is the guy set up a thread because he got negged, which is kinda amusing.

Kami do you know what a glass cannon is? By definition is cannot have 2000 health. It's a build that has high power but is weak and has low health, hence the name, it's powerful but breaks easy.

Also, it's pretty unique compared to a mask flipping havel silly

(by the way I said if you kept asking me the same thing I wouldn't reply, i was just getting sick of the monotony of being asked how is it bad?)
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 1:32 pm

I never said it was going in to the fight with that amount of health,....thats the amount of health when it's full. when you see how it works, I'm pretty sure you would acknowledge it as a glass cannon.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu May 17, 2012 1:38 pm

"Lex, what I found funny is the guy set up a thread because he got negged, which is kinda amusing."

I'm not sure if I should take offense to this....it seems you are making fun of the op?
    are you aware of that this thread is not a result of only ONE single neg rep? its a bunch of them, that he have no idea of, why he have gotten.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 17, 2012 1:41 pm

I didn't neg rep you mugen, I actually gave you positive rating. It just grates me a little when 2/3 of the people I encounter wear that damn mask. Not that I don't think it is legitimate - it is, nor do I consider it cheap ~300 or so extra HP won't make or break a duel, I just dislike it solely on aesthetic grounds.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Kaminari wrote:"Lex, what I found funny is the guy set up a thread because he got negged, which is kinda amusing."

I'm not sure if I should take offense to this....it seems you are making fun of the op?
    are you aware of that this thread is not a result of only ONE single neg rep? its a bunch of them, that he have no idea of, why he have gotten.

you do realise to me rep is pretty much meaningless right?

That's why I find it funny when people complain about it, not a slander to him (though not sure why you'd get offended by it) but it's just a mockery when the guy with highest rep on here admits it's from cracking jokes constantly and buggy literally asks for negative rep.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu May 17, 2012 1:54 pm

if the "community" looks down on mom,havels,and dwgr then do they look down on themselves? im confused. the people in the minority are the "community"? a majority of people pvp with that gear. I think everyone needs to stop caring so much about whats cheap. make a separate build that you consider "OP" and then have a "fair" build you can use also. easy fix. this gear is in the game and no matter how much people whine,other players are not going to stop using it.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Kami your glass cannon is gonna be using power within and rtsr right? If I'm right then I should get a prize!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:26 am