Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Eolan
Federally
Forum Pirate
JoeBroski09
bloodpixel
Sebastrd
WyrmHero
ARSP
Bioraptor
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
Carphil
Rynn
Serious_Much
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Kaminari
Yarxov
callipygias
lordgodofhell
25 posters

Stop the Hate Please!

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Stop the Hate Please!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Stop the Hate Please!

Post by Carphil Fri May 18, 2012 9:34 pm

After someone disconects, I usually send something to them. I send to the last guy this: Scared much? He answered: learn english, then I sent to him: learn how to fight. He didn't replied.

So yea, I think I've won.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Carphil wrote:After someone disconects, I usually send something to them. I send to the last guy this: Scared much? He answered: learn english, then I sent to him: learn how to fight. He didn't replied.

So yea, I think I've won.

No way, I would have sent him some sarcastic reply asking if his connection was okay and if I could have a 1v1 with him big grin
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Lordgodofhell, I just want to clearify once again, this is not in ill will, but I would say that sometimes, the hate is "justyfied", or understandable, fair enough if you don't get upset about it, but in your example right now "Look at it this way. You were soooooo awesomely powerful that
    you actually forced a guy to get off his *** and manually shut off his
    system via the power switch!!! That my friend is true victory...."

(great...now I don't know how to get the text normal again..)
    anyway, in that example, yea, you can choose to look at it like that, but where should the line go? When playing football and the guy you are against take an iron pipe and smash it at your leg, you just gonna think "I were so damn good that he felt he had to do it happy"

I know this example isn't the best, but hopefully, you get my point anyway,

All i'm trying to say is,
    My opinion, Hate CAN be justified and understandable at some points.
    But there is NEVER a reason to make a topic just for the hate about,
    How ever, if someone says he has a problem with a situation, and he hates the situation, I think that one should feel free to mention that he or she hates it, but the purpose of the thread, should be to get advices for how to tackle it.

Once again, No ill will, I'm just talking about what gets in my mind when I'm reading this.
    Sorry for the big text.......someone tell me how to make it normal again?...
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Kaminari wrote:Lordgodofhell, I just want to clearify once again, this is not in ill will, but I would say that sometimes, the hate is "justyfied", or understandable, fair enough if you don't get upset about it, but in your example right now "Look at it this way. You were soooooo awesomely powerful that
    you actually forced a guy to get off his *** and manually shut off his
    system via the power switch!!! That my friend is true victory...."

(great...now I don't know how to get the text normal again..)
    anyway, in that example, yea, you can choose to look at it like that, but where should the line go? When playing football and the guy you are against take an iron pipe and smash it at your leg, you just gonna think "I were so damn good that he felt he had to do it happy"

I know this example isn't the best, but hopefully, you get my point anyway,

All i'm trying to say is,
    My opinion, Hate CAN be justified and understandable at some points.
    But there is NEVER a reason to make a topic just for the hate about,
    How ever, if someone says he has a problem with a situation, and he hates the situation, I think that one should feel free to mention that he or she hates it, but the purpose of the thread, should be to get advices for how to tackle it.

Once again, No ill will, I'm just talking about what gets in my mind when I'm reading this.
    Sorry for the big text.......someone tell me how to make it normal again?...

If you guys hate the big text I will change it. It is hard for me to read the small text (bad eye site) so I post bold for my clarity.

Um the football example was funny imo. I don't get the comparison with dark souls but I agree that people should express how they feel. However I feel as though they are looking for answers and the hatred is keeping them from actively finding and using the answers. Instead they just hate rant which is old and played out to me. It leaves them as the same futile player who will experience the same woes the next day they play.

My thread (and my goal for that matter) is to create better players thus making them less mad and less hateful. I guess you could simplify that by saying my goal is turn hateful victims into happy winners!
    big grin
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Carphil wrote:After someone disconects, I usually send something to them. I send to the last guy this: Scared much?
    I had some douchebag send me a msg like that. (Haha, no offense.)

Slightly different situation since I'd been playing hollow for about 6 hours and never had any invasion or disconnect or anything.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat May 19, 2012 5:09 am

Don't get mad get even.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 am

Sound's good slake, thats probably a better way of doing it (though not certain you'll get matched up with the same guy again)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 am

I'd just like to say while I understand your intent, threads like these often can cause more unrest. You've got to understand the way you worded some of your ideas can come off as insults to people who feel certain ways. It's just best to all together ignore hateful posts, and let them die out. Responding to them just gives them more attention really, and prolongs their life.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 19, 2012 8:38 am

lordgodofhell wrote:If tankers seem impossible to kill, Range the slow guys with magic, pyro, miracles etc. Or a Demon spear. If they are fast tankers, Parry the silly bastard and his slow swinging zweihander, great sword they love to carry with them.

I laughed so much at the above statement,good post friend..Stop the Hate Please!  - Page 2 2905764326

Carphil wrote:What about this:

I invade dude with two phantoms. I kill the two phantoms. I parry and riposte the dude, he run away and when I attack him, he disconects

This one I can hate, please?

I can see this being very frustrating if this happened to me,although to be honest friend I would not hate the player.
    If you made him/her turn off there console unit and jump ship,in my eye`s you won hands down. Proper Bow
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat May 19, 2012 9:49 am

I laughed so much at the above statement,good post friend..Stop the Hate Please!  - Page 2 2905764326
    haha thank you I try to keep it comical lol

I'd just like to say while I understand your intent, threads like these
    often can cause more unrest. You've got to understand the way you
    worded some of your ideas can come off as insults to people who feel
    certain ways. It's just best to all together ignore hateful posts, and
    let them die out. Responding to them just gives them more attention
    really, and prolongs their life.

I totally agree that as some have stated this is a bold post. But you must read back to my goal, turn hatred filled victims into happy winners... that is it.

This post is simply a PSA addressing the supposed problems and how to beat them.

and ignoring hate wont solve anything. The hate I am addressing is the noob gamers who are frustrated with getting "taken advantage" of. Or cheesed whatever they call it. Im just saying those types of tactics can be thwarted.

ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sat May 19, 2012 11:34 am

People hate on those tactics and it is going to happen this isn't RL where you can get annoyed this is a forum if it is obvious that it is a hateful thread then just ignore it. Complaining on the internet in my opinion is fairly therapeutic it helps people deal with their anger but remember you only can stop hate fires (+1 for first person who gets the reference). Just about any individual cheap tactic can be countered or other wise avoided (like jump attacking through TWOP) Gankers are little harder to deal with but it is what it is. Some people are skilled enough to deal with these people others are not. Some people have the patience and grace to deal with it. Others do not in the end it is what it is.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat May 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Wow lordgodofhell what a nice thread. I try to be like this when fighting, I just learn all the mistakes I do because I want to be stronger and skillful. I usually don't rant about anything, I lose to something it's because I was clumsy enough to lose. So next time I'll be better against that type of 'cheap' strategy. Also I consider ganking cheap but anyhow...
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Testify! Praise the Sun
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat May 19, 2012 3:50 pm

People will hate until the end of time.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat May 19, 2012 3:58 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Wow lordgodofhell what a nice thread. I try to be like this when fighting, I just learn all the mistakes I do because I want to be stronger and skillful. I usually don't rant about anything, I lose to something it's because I was clumsy enough to lose. So next time I'll be better against that type of 'cheap' strategy. Also I consider ganking cheap but anyhow...

Again, another compliment for lil ol me? Thank you!

I have gotten some PMs from noobs who have thanked me for this post and I went into more detail for them. So I know this isn't a wasteful post for the few naysayers in doubt.

Even though "haters will hate" I am determined to help the noobs out. This isn't about general hate but specifically about hate stemming from new players getting an unfair go at the game while human. This hate can be resolved. Once they learn to be a better pvper they will feel accomplished and happy.
    bounce
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Woop! Woop! I read it all. Now I can post :3
    lordgodofhell wrote:
    haha thank you I try to keep it comical lol

I'd just like to say while I understand your intent, threads like these
    often can cause more unrest. You've got to understand the way you
    worded some of your ideas can come off as insults to people who feel
    certain ways. It's just best to all together ignore hateful posts, and
    let them die out. Responding to them just gives them more attention
    really, and prolongs their life.

I totally agree that as some have stated this is a bold post. But you must read back to my goal, turn hatred filled victims into happy winners... that is it.

This post is simply a PSA addressing the supposed problems and how to beat them.

and ignoring hate wont solve anything. The hate I am addressing is the noob gamers who are frustrated with getting "taken advantage" of. Or cheesed whatever they call it. Im just saying those types of tactics can be thwarted.

I kinda agree with Tolvo on this one. While this thread is about helping players who seem frusterated by certain tactics, the way it's worded makes it seem like that the main point of this thread is to "hate on the hate" and with a little help sprinkled in. That's kinda the "feelings" I got from you when I read the original post. It's evolved since then, but a hater may see the original thread and just leave filled with more hate.
    ^That's my two cents.

Now that I've said that, I'd like to say I've always supported not caring about cheap tactics, but I don't deny the existence of said tactics. WotG, TWoP, and other cheap tactics are cheap IMO because it takes little skill to use them to kill someone, but it takes a large amount of skill to counter them. That's kind of my definition of a cheap tactic. There's also stuff like BS-fishing and Lag-BS that can be countered fairly easily. I kinda love getting invaded in the forest now because I can easily out Lag-BS or BS-fish someone, but with my fist. Nothing scares a BS-fisher more than when someone lags behind them and says "boo."
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sat May 19, 2012 6:46 pm

In my experience, the definition of "cheap" is always "whatever the other guy did to kill me". Outside of FC, there's no reason to expect "honorable" PvP. Anything goes. WotG, TWoP, BS-fishing, Chain-BS, Parry-fishing, Pyro spam, Havel's + DWGR, 3v1, etc. are all in the game. Expect to face them. Expect that there are players who only care about winning. Expect that they will revel in the hate mail. Doing the right thing is always harder, and plenty of folks will always take the easy route.

The best thing to do when you get killed by a "cheap" tactic is take a few deep breaths, then decide whether you'll learn to counter or simply adopt said "cheap" tactic.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah. I agree that the cheap tactics need to be accepted. I guess i used the word "ignore" as "ignore the fact that its cheap." Wotg is in the game. Its cheap, but you should be able to simply deal with it yourself without spamming the forums. Though, i do not see these hate threads. Just a few posts that rise in threads about pvp. Though, im not in the pvp section... ever haha!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 20, 2012 6:32 pm

I must point out that right, wrong, cheap, fair, and honorable are all artificial constructs of man and subject to the perspective of each individual.

If you stop acting and basing opinions on emotion and instead considered every possible perspective and and reach conclusions based of objective facts, you would see that you are free to place whatever restrictions you want to on your own play, but to expect others to follow those rules is unreasonable and will only detract from your own experience, unless of course being frustrated and angry is fun for you.

TL;DR Have fun with your rules as they have fun with theirs rather than being upset that their rules are not the same as yours.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I must point out that right, wrong, cheap, fair, and honorable are all artificial constructs of man and subject to the perspective of each individual.

If you stop acting and basing opinions on emotion and instead considered every possible perspective and and reach conclusions based of objective facts, you would see that you are free to place whatever restrictions you want to on your own play, but to expect others to follow those rules is unreasonable and will only detract from your own experience, unless of course being frustrated and angry is fun for you.

TL;DR Have fun with your rules as they have fun with theirs rather than being upset that their rules are not the same as yours.
    "TL;DR"?
    Pirate, you always see to have the most abstract, unique opinion on things haha! I kinda agree with you. I don't expect others to follow my perspective, but I still use my own definition to define "cheap," and I won't be happy to see people use those tactics. 'Tis how I see things, and how everyone sees things. You can always TRY to see from other peoples' perspectives, but it's truly impossible to completely understand their point of view, especially if you have your own opinion on the subject.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." Ya know?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 20, 2012 6:53 pm

I stand for the right of others to do as they please. It is your right to be upset at anyone for any reason, I'm simply trying to illustrate a view that lessens the amount of time i spend upset with others and so am spending more time enjoying myself.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Mon May 21, 2012 12:39 am

Forum Pirate wrote:...you are free to place whatever restrictions you want to on your own play, but to expect others to follow those rules is unreasonable and will only detract from your own experience, unless of course being frustrated and angry is fun for you.

I'm seriously thinking of making this my sig, lol.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Mon May 21, 2012 1:54 am

Again to clarify, I am NOT hating on haters. I am getting the feeling most of you understand this. But a select few are getting the feel that I am. Just read all of my posts in the thread and you will understand this is the opposite of the case.

Anyway, I like where the thread is going getting some really good feedback on here and some knowledge filled banter.

Keep your cool noobs no matter what! example, I was low level invading today (I like how it limits all of us to specializing in something instead of 120, where we all have everything) and I find a guy on the Hellkite bridge. He runs away...

I find him atop the tower where the black knight used to be and I parry him with Mail breaker and finish him with Claymore. Could have used maxed Clay but for challenge went with the reg. He miraculousy survives and runs down stairs. I drop kill him from above.

He messages me calling me a bunch of racial names... had me reminiscing to MW2 days lol

Instead of being racist or ignorant back... I tell him how to get better at the game. He says more angry stuff and I further (non sarcastically) offer real advice.

Keep it cool guys, Cooler than cool...

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon May 21, 2012 1:54 am

lordgodofhell wrote:
    Keep it cool guys, Cooler than cool...

That's right, we got to keep it absolute zero.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 am

This is the meta game guys several patches in. I for one don't believe in these terms I hear, griefer, spammer, BS fisher, TWOP cheeser or whatever. The list goes on.

I really had a hard time bringing myself to read the rest of your post after this statement. Saying you don't believe in Griefers is like saying you don't believe in Gravity, it still exists regardless. There are people who play MP games for the soul purpose of annoying and harassing others, ruining their enjoyment because it pleases them. Sometimes after running in to one of these players the victim will come here to vent and that's just part of the deal.

Now I agree a fair amount of the ***** that goes on is baseless and simply examples of guys/gals who've run across strategies they can't beat. However you're OP is speaking in absolutes and that's ridiculous. There are incredibly cheap, near undefeatable tactics that get employed on the regular and it aggravates people. Then to come here and tell them they shouldn't complain about the guy who did the TwoP + WotG spam and they should just get 'better' is insulting.

In summary, I don't hate on much or do much ***** on here but I hate your thread. Though I'll clarify i have no ill will towards you as I'm sure you meant well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm