Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Eolan
Federally
Forum Pirate
JoeBroski09
bloodpixel
Sebastrd
WyrmHero
ARSP
Bioraptor
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
Carphil
Rynn
Serious_Much
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Kaminari
Yarxov
callipygias
lordgodofhell
25 posters

Stop the Hate Please!

Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Stop the Hate Please!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Stop the Hate Please!

Post by Eolan Mon May 21, 2012 7:01 am

I posted this last week and i dont think anyone read it cos i expected it to be incendiary happy

Any tactic is fine for me in dark souls as long as your not BB glitching or hacking. This is the cheating.

"Whats funny is everyone in dark souls seems to have lost touch with a very
    important dynamic. Invading peoples worlds is F***ing risky. If you get
    gangraped then you stepped into the wrong turf and got stabbed for it. I
    see no problem with gangs.

Did the lautrec fight not heavily imply that invading turf is likely gonna lead to you being on the back foot?

Hacking the game, terrible human. using the Bb glitch? abuser of the economy.
    Gang fighting? Honestly? backing yourself up from you scummy bullies.
    Invasions are supposed to be you spoiling their fun by interrupting.

This isnt tekken. Stop the Hate Please!  - Page 3 3477152822

You have altered the shift of reality to come thieve from my home. If i can get someone to mash you about and then backstab you for trying to take whats mine then so be it.

Obviously a duel is another thing i get that. But dont expect to come rain on my
    bosskilling parade and not get unfairly treated. You INVADED me. That is
    why they allow higher levels to invade and not coop.

If its guys hanging out in the woods picking on you then again maybe you should
    take a look at yourself. Your plan was to what? Come drop off some
    medals? No you came to kill the host. AND WE WILL DEFEND OURSELVES WITH
    MAGIC, IRON AND MAGICAL IRON.

hacking is cack though. What a dream this game could be if no Lag no hacking and no BB glitching.
    Imagine if you could recognise people by their legendary weapons. Oh god
    its "" and his legendary +15 great hammer."

So yeah im a big believer in the anything goes theory. Its just the hacking/exploiting/glitching that makes griefing an issue. If they fixed that then i encourage every play in the book.

Last edited by Eolan on Mon May 21, 2012 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 7:04 am

@OP I've only read the OP so here's my 2c. Have you ever played D&D? If you have you will know that magic is so overpowered its just not funny. If you play a wizard by levl 6ish you are basically better than any melee class. In fact you can replace the melee class in a party yet still have plenty of spell to spare. Just because something was put in the game does not mean the developers truly knew the extent of its power. I doubt the devs realised MoF + Havels + DWGR would allow someone to flip in Giants armour. Now even with the patches taking out stuff like that and rebalancing it would be a lot of work. Plus they would destroy a lot of legitimate builds that are out there. My point is game mechanics are almost always abused in ways the devs didnt think of cause they're a 10 man team with limited hours compared to a couple hundred thousand strong team with unlimited time.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 7:07 am

@Eolan The lautrec fight was with 3 NPCs with NPC AI who are a set level with set equipment. Fighting less than 3 would be easy.
    Invasions are part of the game and I stand by my "games are meant to be fun" mentality. They invaded you to try and kill you. Yes you can fight them back but you can fight in a fun way. Plus its a 2 way street. If someone hanging out in the forest with the intention of ganking hunters then thats as bad as invading someone.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 am

Yeah exactly but the idea isnt to create a tekken duel system it was to allow players to skank each other all over lordran, and give this feeling of genuine danger and brigandry. (is a word)

The red duel summon sign, if implemented correctly (when being summoned you can check each other out before agreeing to a locked off duel) would have made a distinction between honorably testing each others mettle, and pirate style raiding across realities.

In a narrative sense, the gankers and griefers (bar glitch/hacketc) are performing exactly as from intended.

All they would need to do to solve this is make the red summon sign ungriefable by making it so the summoned can opt out before engaging. Maybe they should come in as an allied phantom until both parties bow or something.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 am

Hmmm while I suppose this post is corageous in some regards its really just you opinion of how you think the meta game should be played.

I'm not taking anyones side here but I agree that people shouldnt be so quick to complain when something like a gank happens or some one runs consecutive Wraths. But, IMO, neither should any one be so quick to dismiss other who feel that they should mention/ point out/ want to vent thier frustrations about such things.

I do agree with most of what you have to say though.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 am

All in all its a bit like saying "I tried to mug this guy and he shot me boo hoo " happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 7:23 am

Respect is a two way street. If someone doesn't appreciate me invading, and sends me a message asking me to stop, I should stop so they can enjoy their fun. If that same person asks me to just stop using X or Y because they don't like it, that's different, i can ignore them for disliking my tactic. It's when you're getting in the way of others fun, and could increase their enjoyment without decreasing yours that you are now in the way. There is certain individuals whom it is no lie to state are not liked in most communities, and those standing around in groups of 2 or 3 in high invasion PvP area's are part of that group.

The definition of a greifer/troll is a person whom receives joy from the misery of others, and they can go to hell. I respect your opinion, but I hardly share it.

Eolan, I understand your point too, but I also feel it's invalid when the other player is begging you to come invade them. The gankers your speaking kindly of with that argument are standing in designated PvP area's (the forest), where they know they are going to get invaded.. Defending yourself "by any means neccesary" is no longer a valid point when you're in an area people go to PvP, and have fun PvPing. Any sane person knows getting killed by 2 or 3 people at once isn't fun, and they should have respect for the person on the other side, by offering a fair match.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon May 21, 2012 7:30 am

Yeah i get that. But as i said it could be solved by making a distinction between dueling and invading.

It could also be solved by allowing team invasions. If you get ganged up, do what you do in real life. Round up the boys happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 am

I'd love to see team invasions.
    Team invasions would aim to target other teams first though, or otherwise it would be just as annoying and broken as ganking.
    In my honest opinion, having phantoms summoned should exempt you from the pool of people that can be invaded. It would save 95% of the issues that cause me any frustration.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 21, 2012 7:35 am

"I'd love to see team invasions."

Someone make THIS^ happen.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:36 am

Rynn wrote:Respect is a two way

street. If someone doesn't appreciate me invading, and sends me a message asking me to stop, I should stop so they can enjoy their fun. If that same person asks me to just stop using X or Y because they don't like it, that's different, i can ignore them for disliking my tactic. It's when you're getting in the way of others fun, and could increase their enjoyment without decreasing yours that you are now in the way. There is certain individuals whom it is no lie to state are not liked in most communities, and those standing around in groups of 2 or 3 in high invasion PvP area's are part of that group.

The definition of a greifer/troll is a person whom receives joy from the misery of others, and they can go to hell. I respect your opinion, but I hardly share it.

Eolan, I understand your point too, but I also feel it's invalid when the other player is begging you to come invade them. The gankers your speaking kindly of with that argument are standing in designated PvP area's (the forest), where they know they are going to get invaded.. Defending yourself "by any means neccesary" is no longer a valid point when you're in an area people go to PvP, and have fun PvPing. Any sane person knows getting killed by 2 or 3 people at once isn't fun, and they should have respect for the person on the other side, by offering a fair match.
    If I could like more of your posts today then I would like this one but as I cant I just have to say.

Show respect to those who invade you and those who you inavde.

Tactics are all in the eyes of the beholder and while some are downright sneaky and others are somewhat cheap we all have a right o play how we like.

But we all have the same right o point out less than honourable thinks or things we each personally think are not up to scratch wothout being shut down by other people.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 am

Rynn you could put that better, by what you're saying I could say "I can't enjoy PvP when I lose, please let me win so I have fun"

In the same way, I don't have fun when I PvP against Havels/giants tanks who WoG, wear a mask, use BKGA the list goes on, I can't enjoy playing those guys the monotony just wrecks it for me, they don't just look the same, most of them play the same. Shouldn't they then by what your saying have an obligation to change what they wear and how they play so everyone has more fun?

I could say that you not enjoying something and disliking are two sides of the same coin. Disliking leads to a lack of enjoyment.

I'm not saying your post is bad, your points especially on respect are good, I'm just being awkward silly

Last edited by Serious_Much on Mon May 21, 2012 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 am

Hey noones shutting anyone down, i enjoy this difference of opinion.

On team invasions it'd be as simple as using cracked red eye orb while you have phantoms and all of you would invade. If you make a fog gate an "escape" point itd mean you could just run away if 3 guys come knocking happy

"Target Escaped"
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 am

Yes, I could likely have said it better... but let's imagine we were a more polite world for just a few minutes...
    You might ignore the first 2 or 3 people that say they don't like what you're doing, but afterthe fifth or sixth person displays annoyance at your tactic, and generally the annoyance looks to be of the exact same type, a polite person would do something that doesn't bother people so badly. Winning doesn't bother most people as much as a cheap tactic, such as ganking.

As for Team invasions... I think it would be a great change if using a Red Eye Orb alone caused you to invade a person whom is alone, and using one with phantoms summoned (who would have to accept a request to invade) would cause you to invade a world with phantoms summoned... therby keeping duelists and teams seperate.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 21, 2012 7:53 am

What do people not like about what you do? Usually when I go PvP I don't get any complaints, then again the game population changes in a month or two quite a lot.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 am

Federally wrote:
    This is the meta game guys several patches in. I for one don't believe in these terms I hear, griefer, spammer, BS fisher, TWOP cheeser or whatever. The list goes on.

Now I agree a fair amount of the ***** that goes on is baseless and simply examples of guys/gals who've run across strategies they can't beat. However you're OP is speaking in absolutes and that's ridiculous. There are incredibly cheap, near undefeatable tactics that get employed on the regular and it aggravates people. Then to come here and tell them they shouldn't complain about the guy who did the TwoP + WotG spam and they should just get 'better' is insulting.

In summary, I don't hate on much or do much ***** on here but I hate your thread. Though I'll clarify i have no ill will towards you as I'm sure you meant well.

Sigh...

I am highly confused by your post. You agree with me, but you hate my thread? lol!

Your primary example is TWOP + WOG... I have never been killed by this tactic since the patch..
    Carry a long reaching weapon for backup or fire surge and presto... no more problems there!

You hating my thread seems rather baseless as you have not put up real reasons as to why besides you think I am being absolute.

I am glad at least you stated you didnt mean any ill will to me, as I do not to you either. It is the internet, I would be a fool to mean ill will to anyone.

That being said, I stand my ground here. There are no unbeatable tactics in this game. I (along with you I am sure) have won 3 vs Me, beaten spammers, griefers at their own game.

I made this thread to help new gamers deal with woes and overcome. It will be hard but they will get there.

To wrap up,
    Use VERSATILITY!

The best gamers I play on here (who usually beat me) use a wide variety of tactics to win. For instance a guy I invaded used a quick katana, switched to murakumo, had a shield and used ranged pyro. He also was fairly armored and flipped. He did not lock on the whole time (another mistake many make) which made him impossible for me to backstab.

He seemed to know my strategy (parry as usual) and thus avoided swinging endlessly (another mistake I see new gamers make)

I am not stopping people from venting. If I trolled their every post and said "stop whining" or something similar I could see where you are coming from, that is not the case.

You're stating you hate this thread when it is not up for debate. The purpose was to get expert opinions on how new gamers can specifically deal with these issues. You did not contribute anything to help that. Only stated you hate the thread.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 21, 2012 11:01 am

I love the way you said "To wrap up:", but then you wrote another 3 blocks of text lol!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Mon May 21, 2012 11:06 am

Serious_Much wrote:I love the way you said "To wrap up:", but then you wrote another 3 blocks of text lol!

Guess I should of said p.s. after that? On a random note, I think I have fallen for the Avelyn
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 21, 2012 11:13 am

On a side note to that initial random note, I have never owned the avelyn, and never will. silly
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 21, 2012 11:39 am

I think I made my point well but that's fine I am willing to disagree.

I would just say if you're goal is to help people deal with things they can't beat, don't start off by telling them the people they've identified as griefers, farmers, etc don't exist.
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 pm

1. I find this a fine thread! Ideas / Instructions / Counters to some techniques are well and helpful.

2. Any Forum only shows a MINORITY of all people playing the game.

3. According my experience Forums are used to complain...!!! But there are many Forum People who want to improve / getting better which leads to constructive Threads like this. tongue (You should have seen Battlefield 3 Forum!!! Pretty much only people steaming out their oppinions and what they would like to be changed! I can't remember constructive discussion.)

4. I am upset regularly when playing PvP. Either because of enemies using Cheap tactics OR because of my own faults OR because of my connection OR my too high expectation (Anyone doing a fair fight?) -> Then I loose some bad words OR hit my couch OR eat chocolate OR drink OR probably write a lil' hate mail as ANGER MANAGEMENT. With all this possibilities, I don't need to rant in a public institution like a forum.

5. I think that a game should be fun!
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Mon May 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Federally wrote:There are people who play MP games for the soul purpose of annoying and harassing others, ruining their enjoyment because it pleases them. Sometimes after running in to one of these players the victim will come here to vent and that's just part of the deal.

The best way to deal with these folks is to let it go. Sending hatemail or ***** on the forums only serves to encourage them. It's giving them exactly what they want!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 pm

+1 i totally agree with you bro
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Hey guys lordgod here

Just wanna say I am really appreciating you guys input here. Even if you disagree with me i appreciate the feedback. Over 700 views for a new member like myself??? Well not super new just new to expressing opinions on the forums.

Again, a huge shout out to everyone who has read and/or posted on this thread. You guys are the community and reason why I still play a game I beat 6 months ago.

Also, whoevers +1 ing me shout out to you too thanks a million

Can you tell Im in a good mood? lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Look at your rep, now look at my rep, now look down, now look up. your rep is now mine!... i wish. I have almost 600 posts!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 pm