Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Naxek
Mr_Bungle50221
ublug
X-government-agent
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
mankind
xSomax
Gazman0169
befowler
Wilkinson3424
kountz
Elevander
The Once-Ler
3nvy
Buggy Virus
Serious_Much
Bioraptor
SlakeMoth
RNsunbro
ViralEnsign_
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
Shkar
cloudyeki
mugenis4real
DoughGuy
Extertionist
31 posters

I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant - Page 3 Empty Re: I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:06 am

Agreed, Tim would make an excellent Solaire.

At the risk of going off topic, I met him once way back in the day when me and a few of my mates went to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'll have to see if I can dig out the photo, I think I've still got it stored away somewhere at my Ma's. big grin

Tim was a special guest that night, not starring, but I would have loved to have seen him in the '75 production. twisted
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant - Page 3 Empty Re: I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant

Post by xSomax Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:39 pm

somethings been bugging me, and i think it may relate to this. why did the PC version come out so late, but get the DC early?what if the code for whatever it is was taken out in the PC version, and they were given the DLC first to make up for it? games don't usually have a time lag like this, so i thought it was a theory worth mentioning
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 pm

xSomax wrote:somethings been bugging me, and i think it may relate to this. why did the PC version come out so late, but get the DC early?what if the code for whatever it is was taken out in the PC version, and they were given the DLC first to make up for it? games don't usually have a time lag like this, so i thought it was a theory worth mentioning

The PC edition had not in any way been intended to be released at all, until PC users managed to actually convince From to release it. So, it isn't some kind of conspiracy, they just started working on it a LOT later than the other versions.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 am

that doesn't explain the early DLC release half of it. honestly, it wouldn't take too long to remove the codes for that stuff, so who's to say it didn't happen? from seems like a shrewd company, so i wouldn't doubt they would go to extremes to hide something like this by removing it from a hack-able version
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:19 am

xSomax wrote:that doesn't explain the early DLC release half of it. honestly, it wouldn't take too long to remove the codes for that stuff, so who's to say it didn't happen? from seems like a shrewd company, so i wouldn't doubt they would go to extremes to hide something like this by removing it from a hack-able version

They are a company, and as such their first and most important goal is too make money. From a simple marketing decision, it makes perfect sense to release the DLC on PC first. There were people who decided that they didn't want to wait for the DLC to be released for console and bought the PC edition when they otherwise would not have.

In addition, the outrage from the PC exclusive players would have been incredible if they had been denied access to in-game secrets.
    mankind
    mankind

Post by mankind Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 am

i think that from wanted to release the game with the upcoming dlc. so the pendant was meant to be the key to the new locations. in the prepare to die edition you get a broken pendant instead to enter the new area.
    so it's just a starting gift that can only be traded in and nothing else.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:24 am

so... the pendant is the only snuggly tradable item avaliable BEFORE you leave the asylum the first time... and i can confirm that snuggly is there right after you beat the asylum demon... i wonder if from wanted to use the pendant as a clue to the darkmoon covanent....
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 pm

it was clearly just a dropped plot line of sorts cas as stated above it has a use in the dlc but is called broken pendant which is kinda funny cas the pendant doesn't do anything but the broken pendant does
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:35 pm

mankind wrote:i think that from wanted to release the game with the upcoming dlc. so the pendant was meant to be the key to the new locations. in the prepare to die edition you get a broken pendant instead to enter the new area.
    so it's just a starting gift that can only be traded in and nothing else.
    The DLC area was originally planned from the start, but never came to fruition if I understood it correctly. Some of the dlc models are already on the disc of the console versions, but they are incomplete. For example, both the models of the Sanctuary Guardian and Kalameet are present.
    The pendant being the key to Oolacile was also my first thought, but I really can't see a connection between Reah/Petrus and Oolacile. Forest invaders dropping it makes a bit more sense.
    There were also a few more worlds/places originally planned, if you look at the concept art from the Design Works book, so if the pendant was supposed to be a key it could also be related to them.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:so... the pendant is the only snuggly tradable item avaliable BEFORE you leave the asylum the first time... and i can confirm that snuggly is there right after you beat the asylum demon... i wonder if from wanted to use the pendant as a clue to the darkmoon covanent....
    You can also trade twin humanities for the rare ring of sacrifice.
    Regarding the darkmoon covenant, and From's approach to game design in general, they also placed the ring of the sun's firstborn as a pick-up right next to the covenant. When you open the inventory to try the sun ring, it is right next to the darkmoon seance ring, so someone will eventually put on the wrong ring and discover the covenant entrance by 'mistake'.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 am

From the guys who gave us such senseless cruelties as the silver knight archers in anor londo, our weapons relentlessly bouncing off scenery and mobs being able to swing straight through walls, pillars etc and not care and other such lame attempts at "difficulty" you seriously dont expect them to find playing a huge joke like this with a useless starting gift would be funny to them? One of the main arguments for the pendant is that "they wouldn't give you a useless starting gift" seriously? have you played this game? From Software are douchebags.
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:16 am

By the way, as to those of you asking why PC got the DLC early, they didn't. Artorias of the Abyss was developed for PC only originally, From even went so far as to say they may never release it on Consoles, but fan protests eventually got them to also announce it for consoles. So they'ree now having to essentially port the DLC to the consoles.

Now, I have a question, I went looking for the aforementioned painting and couldn't find it, does Darkening Anor Londo change the paintings?
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:00 pm

sorry to poke holes in logic, but that doesn't add up naxek. the pc version wasn't supposed to be released, but the DLC was meant to be PC only? thats quite the plothole
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Naxek, the way I interpreted From's original DLC statement was that they "had no word" regarding console release. They impression I got was "I can't tell you anything at the moment."

Regarding the paintings in Anor Londo, no.....making it dark does not change the paintings. Check out all the paintings in the bedrooms, there are some pretty interesting things to be seen.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:07 pm

I think I may have found something in both the bedrooms that tells us who they each belonged to.

In the room with the pendant painting we see that the bed is silver which I believe to represent the moon (Gwyndolin)
    In the opposite room with the painting of the sentient statue, the bed is gold which I believe represents the sun (Gwynevere)

Of course this is purely theory crafting based on my interpretation.
    What do you guys think?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:09 pm

I never noticed that detail. Good eye. Even without that detail I always felt the evidence led to the portrait/pendant room to be Gwyndolin's. This just adds more to it.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Definitely since the painting looks more like an effeminate male than a manly chick. What with Gwndolin being raised as a girl and all.
    Another thing why are there no statues of Gwndolin anywhere, just Gwyn and Tits Mcgee
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:34 pm

xSomax wrote:sorry to poke holes in logic, but that doesn't add up naxek. the pc version wasn't supposed to be released, but the DLC was meant to be PC only? thats quite the plothole

It does add up because the DLC wasn't even announced until the PC release. It was developed for the PC release specifically, not as DLC originally.

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:Definitely since the painting looks more like an effeminate male than a manly chick. What with Gwndolin being raised as a girl and all.
    Another thing why are there no statues of Gwndolin anywhere, just Gwyn and Tits Mcgee

As to this, I think it's made pretty clear that Gwyn was ashamed of Gwyndolin.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Or its linked to the painting in anor londo and the sunlight medal. The pendant has no literal use, its an idea,a connection that needs to be made.

Yep. No real use, but to think it has one. Also with the new content you get an idea of what the pendant means, I'm not going into spoilers though, I know many of you guys don't like them.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Naxek wrote:
    xSomax wrote:sorry to poke holes in logic, but that doesn't add up naxek. the pc version wasn't supposed to be released, but the DLC was meant to be PC only? thats quite the plothole

It does add up because the DLC wasn't even announced until the PC release. It was developed for the PC release specifically, not as DLC originally.

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:Definitely since the painting looks more like an effeminate male than a manly chick. What with Gwndolin being raised as a girl and all.

An idea i have been playing with is that Gwynevere was never real (I used to think that she left with the others and thats why Gwyndolin made an illusion, but i have been wondering that maybe with Gwyndolin raised as a girl, it more means Gwyndolin was raised as Gwynevere, and she was always an illusion.

Gwyn would surely much rather have a child of sunlight than the darkmoon, what with him being Lord of Sunlight and he as a major problem with anything dark or related to darkness.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:
    Naxek wrote:

An idea i have been playing with is that Gwynevere was never real (I used to think that she left with the others and thats why Gwyndolin made an illusion, but i have been wondering that maybe with Gwyndolin raised as a girl, it more means Gwyndolin was raised as Gwynevere, and she was always an illusion.

Gwyn would surely much rather have a child of sunlight than the darkmoon, what with him being Lord of Sunlight and he as a major problem with anything dark or related to darkness.

At first I read your post and didn’t want to believe it so I did some research! Let’s look at the description of the Silver Knight Shield. . .

"Shield of the Silver Knights of Anor Londo. A flowing canal is carved deep into its face.
    The Silver Knights stayed behind in Anor Londo to defend the illusory goddess, and their shields are blessed with her divine protection."

So it seems even Gywn knew she was an illusion as he left, he is the one that made the Silver Knights stay. However, the description of the Ring of the Sun Princess kinda of irons things out for us. . .

"This ring is granted to those who enter a Covenant with Gwynevere, daughter of Lord Gwyn and the Princess of Sunlight.
    This slightly warm ring boosts the synergy of miracles.
    The Princess of Sunlight left Anor Londo along with many other deities, and later became wife to Flame God Flann."

So she was real but she left before Gywn fought the Chaos demons/linked the flame. So what would you do if you were Gywn? Your first born is a failure and gone, your daughter has left the kingdom, and your other son you are ashamed of. I think it’s a misconception that people think that Gwyndolin created the illusion, it was Gywn. In order to further protect his kingdom, he left Gwyndolin and his Silver Knights in charge of making sure the illusion was maintained.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:43 pm

"Gwyndolin, all too aware of his repulsive,frail appearance, created the illusion of a sister Gwynevere, who helps him guard over Anor Londo. An unmasking of these deities would be tantamount to blasphemy." - Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring.

Notice how it sais he created the illusion of A sister and not he created the illusion of HIS sister. However this could be just to translation.

Also in the room where we fight Ornstein and Smough, there are 3 statues, Gwyn, Gwynevere, and a blank, if we assume the blank is the god of war who was expunged, then where is Gwyndolins statue? My theory is that Gwyn was so ashamed of Gwyndolin he raised him as a daughter, Gwynevere.
    I also reckon Gwynevere's exaggerated feminine traits (huge tits, very wide hips etc) were Gwyndolin sort of going "You happy now? Look how much of a woman I am" Or Gwyndolin trying to give Gwyn the perfect daughter as some sort of appeasement.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:"Gwyndolin, all too aware of his repulsive,frail appearance, created the illusion of a sister Gwynevere, who helps him guard over Anor Londo. An unmasking of these deities would be tantamount to blasphemy." - Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring.

Notice how it sais he created the illusion of A sister and not he created the illusion of HIS sister. However this could be just to translation.

Also in the room where we fight Ornstein and Smough, there are 3 statues, Gwyn, Gwynevere, and a blank, if we assume the blank is the god of war who was expunged, then where is Gwyndolins statue? My theory is that Gwyn was so ashamed of Gwyndolin he raised him as a daughter, Gwynevere.
    I also reckon Gwynevere's exaggerated feminine traits (huge tits, very wide hips etc) were Gwyndolin sort of going "You happy now? Look how much of a woman I am" Or Gwyndolin trying to give Gwyn the perfect daughter as some sort of appeasement.

Well thanks for pointing me back in the right direction (should have looked into Gwyndolin’s items more XD). With that item description your idea seems more believable for sure. I'll do some more digging when I'm not at work, my interest is now peeked >=O. Still though with the Silver Knights staying behind to guard the illusory goddess discreption.. that does make it seem as if Gywn knew about it…
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Yes definitely, I believe it was Gwyn's idea all along, I doubt Gwyndolin would have wanted everyone to think he didn't exist, while his illusory sister gets all the love and adoration from the people.
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 pm

I think you guys are going farther than you need to. Gwynevere was certainly a real person once, and I personally believe that she did look like that. The reason the illusion is maintained is to shepherd the undead into attempting to succeed Lord Gwyn and so continue the Age of Fire. But this thread is about the pendant, and I don't believe the answer lies in any of those things.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 pm

We believe the pendant is in a painting of Gwyndolin in Anor Londo, amongst these realistic paintings is a cartoony painting of Gwynevere, looking exacty like the illusion. Working out the connection/meaning of these paintings and the rooms they are in could very well lead to revealing something about the pendant.

It is well known Gwyndolin was raised as a girl, I'm just wondering if it means he was raised as Gwynevere's little sister or actually raised and portrayed to the world as Gwynevere. Actually knowing whether Gwyndolin is known to the outside world or to anyone outside the Darkmoon Blades and Anor Londo would help prove this either way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am