Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Federally
Quarik
DoughGuy
DamageCK
dwx
User
Tolvo
Imarreteet23
billy_bayonet
Kirk-Barb
Uparkaam
Wilkinson3424
dancash1808
RagingDragon_69
20 posters

Where have all the forest hunters gone?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Where have all the forest hunters gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where have all the forest hunters gone?

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 am

I believe the question to ask is where have all the players gone?

I came back after 2 months and found the online play severely depleted, shame really.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Where have all the forest hunters gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where have all the forest hunters gone?

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 am

I think Serious hit the nail on the head there.

Maybe the issue is not the lack of forest hunters but the lack of people in general.

But with the new DLC news people should come running back for a refresher before the DLC is released.

Also I FH on most of my toons and I actually found that invasion times are based on your location.

If i'm in the Forest or Basin I average an invasion per minute. And as you get further away from those areas the time increases. In Anor average is about 5 min.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 am

sounds like you need to chill in the forest so that you can get the most ganktion
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 11:24 am

I haven't noticed a shortage of players. In the high traffic areas invasions come so quickly its actually annoying. I'm just trying to freakin get somewhere and those damn fog walls are constantly in the way or I wanna level up and the damn bonfire is turned off. It's been hard to get away from other people actually
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 11:29 am

Maybe your just lucky Fed.

And maybe I will just have to follow you around. One way or another. twisted

And the only time I seem to get mass invasions is when I am leveling a new toon. And all i get is griefers with lighenting weapons. So I send them packing with my trusty lightening claymore lodged in thier back. Just returning the favor they have done to countless others.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 am

RagingDragon_69 wrote:Maybe your just lucky Fed.

And maybe I will just have to follow you around. One way or another. twisted

And the only time I seem to get mass invasions is when I am leveling a new toon. And all i get is griefers with lighenting weapons. So I send them packing with my trusty lightening claymore lodged in thier back. Just returning the favor they have done to countless others.

I think I need to play with you again. I need someone to run the forest with. I can summon you, we can take turns 1v1 on solo hunters and have backup when the 2nd hunter comes!
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 11:46 am

Hell ya,

As long as it is 1v1 I am totally down for that.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 11:48 am

Will be 1v1 until it turns into 2v2.

What SL's you have?

Edit read your Sig lol. Your 205 is closest to ny forest host
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 31, 2012 12:07 pm

I've had crazy fast invasion times in the 'Burg (Sunlight Altar) before and Sen's while other nights I have turned the game off waiting to invade while camped in the forest and basin areas.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Well yes, you would get fast invasions in the burg as it is right next to Darkroot and my experience is the closer you are the faster the invasions.

But don't forget invasions are also based on availablity. So sometimes it will still take time no matter your location.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Yeah.....I haven't seen a proximity pattern and have had rapid invasions all sorts of places. Burg and Sen's are just two examples. Also had similar times in Anor Londo, Painted World, etc. I'm not a great person to gauge from though because my internet seems to lead to different experiences than most players usually discuss. Like I said, I almost never see a 3v1 in the forest although that seems to be standard for a lot of players. I also usually have a ton of time to keep a 1v1 between me and the host as the time it can take from touching the sign to summoning can be excruciatingly long (more so for them). I feel like I'm part of the Island of Misfit Interwebz sometimes. So long story short is my experience hasn't shown ann reliable difference based on location but it's always a question mark if I'll even connect at all some nights.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Also forest hunters need to stop going AFK with thier ring on....

Really drives me nuts and you only feed the gankers.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 31, 2012 4:47 pm

RagingDragon_69 wrote:Also forest hunters need to stop going AFK with thier ring on....

I hate it when they do that so I usually just shoot them with 2 posin arrows and wait till they come back or die.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 6:04 pm

GkMrBane wrote:
    RagingDragon_69 wrote:Also forest hunters need to stop going AFK with thier ring on....

I hate it when they do that so I usually just shoot them with 2 posin arrows and wait till they come back or die.

Dude... That works with fellow invaders? If so I am all over that, like a fat kid on the last piece of birthday cake. Probably only works if your a DW right?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu May 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Hey Federally with regards to being invaded when you don't wanna deal with it just always make sure you have a red/blue orb or red or white stone handy and it will loose colour when your invaded....you can then quit the game quick and restart in about 30 seconds before the invader gets there and the quit game greys out!

I am always invading the forest just not always as a hunter...lately I am liking red so I can kill AFK hunters and ivade from Sifs area easy because I am a hunter and get a free forest pass!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh and ya 5 in the forest and only in the forest unless you are a gravelord...damn I feel bad for them wish there was more of them tho!!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 pm

As a host I love these idiots. Occupy an invasion slot so I don't get triple or double teamed and allow me to creatively kill them for free souls. I've made at least 250k on them alone!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu May 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Oh man, yeah I have been guilty of leaving the ring on before now :/
    wish it was a popup with do you want to invade (with maybe a list of the phanotoms currently there silly ) and you have to confirm.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 7:06 pm

Ok that would actually be a pretty sweet idea.

Edit: But it would effectively allow other plays to grief a single player on purpose. Which isn't cool, how else am I supposed to grief the griefer in the burg if they avoid me once I stomp them?

Last edited by RagingDragon_69 on Thu May 31, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 7:08 pm

I do hope they turn the book of the guilty into an invasion menu with the DLC though. Would actually make it useful.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu May 31, 2012 7:40 pm

^ yeah so much that. as much as I love having a scoreboard and build comparing system silly
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu May 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Federally wrote:

As a host I love these idiots. Occupy an invasion slot so I don't get triple or double teamed and allow me to creatively kill them for free souls. I've made at least 250k on them alone!
    i feel like a total jerk for doing this, but when invaders are afk. i pull out my dark hand and borrow a bit of thier humanity... well it teaches them a lesson.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:
    Federally wrote:

i feel like a total jerk for doing this, but when invaders are afk. i pull out my dark hand and borrow a bit of thier humanity... well it teaches them a lesson.

Dude that is awesome. cheers

Err I mean your a jerk. lol!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 pm

^ that.... I am highly torn regarding my opinion of that silly
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 pm

RagingDragon_69 wrote:
    Wilkinson3424 wrote:
    Federally wrote:

Dude that is awesome. cheers

Err I mean your a jerk. lol!
    xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:22 pm