Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DxV04
cloudyeki
ARSP
dancash1808
Extertionist
TehInfamousAmos
Doelker
bloodpixel
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
BindMind
skarekrow13
User
Forum Pirate
19 posters

I hate people.

ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I hate people. - Page 3 Empty Re: I hate people.

Post by ARSP Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Welcome to my world
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 pm

You own the world eh, you have alot of explaining to do. landlords have duties to their tenants you know.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 pm

:roll:
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 pm

(I am never sure what that smiley is supposed to represent. as we are in off topic could you please explain to me ?)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:40 pm

He is rolling his eyes, being dismissive of our posts.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm

So What exactly is the problem? (and the smilie is rolling your eyes a disrespectful gesture that one makes when you intend to ignore some one)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:44 pm

I hope you understand that these same arguments have shown up again and again since man has had debates, which has been since civilization began.

Have you seen Prometheus yet?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 pm

I don't really want to see Prometheus, I am too much of a film snob to probably enjoy it. So I want to keep my view of the director where it was before the existence of the film.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Go watch it. Seriously; It's a good metaphor of sorts to see.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:48 pm

I've seen parts and it just seems a bit too simple for me to enjoy it. Inception was the same way in that it was sort of Philosophy for dummies, but I did manage to enjoy it because of some of the acting and effects. Do you think I will enjoy it even if I hate movies with a lot of special effects? Or is it actually a plot intensive movie? I will have to wait for the DvD by the way, as I can't go to the theatres for a little while.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:53 pm

I was not a fan of inception; The moie Prometheus is different.

yes there is special effects, but it is the same amount as alien and aliens, which compared to many others is not a whole lot, yet they are believable. As it is based on space of sorts, the special effects is mostly directed in the effects of machinery, however the rest is that of the creatures and more, and even some of the creatures are like the regular alien and aliens movies, which are in costume or dolls. Yet, they are believable. Unlike Avatar, which the creatures to me seem more unbelievable.

The movie is not action packed than what the trailer seems; It is more so a plot of sorts. As any aliens movie, there is an Android, Waylend, and the Aliens... it explains how the aliens were made, and somewhat why. Somewhat. However, the idea of connection between aliens and humans is good, and it is a somewhat dark view of man and such... although was jsut as regular as it was for me, my friends saw it as dark.

It shows hope, rebellion, revenge, envy, and other forms of emotions form all the characters... except for some aliens (for good reason). Watch the movie.

Let's put it this way:L Your views of Alien franchise would go up... Alien vs Predator would probably go down, though. Watch it, and you will see why.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 pm

I actually know the plot and themes already, I just haven't seen the movie. Based off the Plot I know I won't like that aspect, but I was more so how the plot is portrayed in film possibly bringing me some joy. No matter what the plot has already made me look down on the director a bit, though I imagine that wasn't entirely his fault. And ug don't bring up Avatar. That is one of my most hated movies of all time...As I said I'm a film snob.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm

@ ARSP the air con is broke something is floating in the sea. and I swear all this radioactive stuff is not up too safety reg. and dont even get me started on how unfair all the rooming arrangements are.

And I have not heard very positive things about prometheus although apparently one of the characters demonstrates stupid curious effectively.

and I understand that but everyone has to analyze these things for themselves. simply reading historical opinions is not as satisfying as talking it through yourself.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I hope you understand that these same arguments have shown up again and again since man has had debates, which has been since civilization began.

Have you seen Prometheus yet?

I have seen prometheus on Father's day. It was fun to watch but overall it is a bad movie my guess is that this was supposed to be a prequel to Aliens although the prequel created more questions than it answered.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:06 pm

It is a prequel definitely.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:09 pm

I have heard that the people who saw it say it is a good film... these are people who are not much of a young age, as a student I see that the people of the younger age do not appreciate it as much as the older people. That's is what I have seen and heard form my work place, anyways.

I don't care about directors and actors, nor their styles or life; Popular culture is not what I aim for, I just aim for a story. There was a lot of predictable points in the movie, however they made it obvious, and I think it was intentional. I find that predicting for other movies, such as Avatar and such, have become more and more... maybe because story telling and plot twists have not evolved much, which it may also be the case of me being a critic of movies and a thinker of ideas, and seeing invents sparks possibilities that may happen in the movie... which goes for all movies. I think I laughed in the movie 'Mist' for about 30 minutes at the end of the film. People just looked down at me, but I did not care. Stephen King being a great writer? Mist seemed like it may not be his greatest work, but that is just my view, as is other views from others as well.

The movie is good. Not great, good. I kept my expectations neither high or low, and I was satisfied. A good story, good art, good actors, and connects well with the other stories connected to it, including aliens.

As for looking at the past, I have been thinking about the questions of the Five Ws and How since I could start thinking, which was around the age of four. History is relative, and you should take note that taking history should not be taken absolute, as it has been written by a relative creature, even if they try to be as truthful as possible. I have analyzed history, and I can say that the history is no better than the present and possible future, and the people of the past are the same as other times, which they are man; They may have changed in terms of what they know and what they have, however the form and essence has changed little. Take note in that regard, the Spartans and Athens would have happily worked on nuclear weapons if they were able to have them in the past, or if not another group. Maybe not the whole country, but powers; similar to that of the present. Advancement and Development to make things easier in both construction and destruction is happily accepted, unless it goes against beliefs of the people... which can change in the blink of the eye as fast as a nuclear explosion.

EDIT: Based after Alien, before Aliens... IIRC

Based on 2095 for Prometheus, Alien is based in 207- something. Could be wrong, though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:12 pm

One of my favorite movies from all time is from 1930, so I don't think my age really has anything to do with if I will like the film or not. :|
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Just watch the movie, it's a good movie. If you don't like it, who cares. If you like it, well then you liked the movie.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 pm

I think I will pass, as I said I want to keep the director in a good view. It is similar to how I love Robin Williams, so I will never watch Patch Adams.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:22 pm

@ forum's first post:

These kinds of things piss me off, mostly because it comes from a lack of empathy. People have motivations, ambitions, desires and above all else a full spectrum of emotions. What you may see as stupid another will see as a necessity.

Don't look at the world from your view. See the world as a whole, not just your small bit of life.

You're 15, you've decades to try to understand people. Don't choose now as the time to look at the world's population.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:My Hell is knowing that no matter how well I know someone, how many people are near by, how many people have had similar experiences, I am always and will always be alone in this life.

Heaven would then be the opposite, truly connecting with even one other in a way not possible in this existence. Even the believe that it awaits (which I don't posses) would be an immesurable solace.

This is very true. And you know this from your experience its is a logical end.

Believing in it or rather him might bring you permanent peace at it has for me. Now just to be clear I am not religious nor do I practice any form of spirituality although I did at one time and that basically saved my life.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 pm

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 pm

cloudyeki wrote:@ forum's first post:

These kinds of things piss me off, mostly because it comes from a lack of empathy. People have motivations, ambitions, desires and above all else a full spectrum of emotions. What you may see as stupid another will see as a necessity.

Don't look at the world from your view. See the world as a whole, not just your small bit of life.

You're 15, you've decades to try to understand people. Don't choose now as the time to look at the world's population.

This is good advice. I would like to add that even though on the outside you might look grown you mental capacity is expanding at this moment thus allowing you deeper logic and introspection. Thus why you feel and notice these now, things that as a child did not even come into your mind.

I did not know you are 15. Im 39... just dwell on that...the importance of things and concepts change, time does that.

Last edited by DxV04 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Avatar sucked.

Too predictable way so much. It was a pretty movie though
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 am

I'm 21 guys. December 26th, 1990. I do believe you missed my point Eki. I specifically stated that I have no strong feelings towards most individuals, its groups. People as a whole.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:13 am