Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Reaperfan
FinPeku
dancash1808
FexDS
OmniBot
Uparkaam
FruitPunchNinja
WyrmHero
DamageCK
RANT
Tolvo
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
bloodpixel
Wisp
Jovias-86
Federally
martyrsbrigade99
billy_bayonet
EWGF
24 posters

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Hey EWGF, do you only plan on playing on pc? Also, whats your suggestion for beating King Doran Sl1? I thought i was pretty good, but hes kicking my ***. I know its just a matter of a 15-20min fight without getting hit, but there a technique i might not know about? More of the problem, what makes Doran heal? Ive seen videos where players do the same thing as me and he doesnt heal, but i had him down past half health and ran back to the bridge and he heals.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

Post by Uparkaam Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:51 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Hey EWGF, do you only plan on playing on pc? Also, whats your suggestion for beating King Doran Sl1? I thought i was pretty good, but hes kicking my ***. I know its just a matter of a 15-20min fight without getting hit, but there a technique i might not know about?

Push him to his death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfxi-e5OoK4
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:53 pm

That would make wearing Dorans armor on my sl1 toon feel, cheap.
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I had a sneaking suspicion the EWGF I knew was the EWGF I had seen on youtube. Your voice sounds totally different in person compared to the youtube vids.
    EWGF

Post by EWGF Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:43 pm

DamageCK wrote:And now a question:

Assuming you've got the poise to take a hit, if you get stunlocked and toggle escape, does it reset poise so that you could tank another hit again? Or will another hit immediately following the escape just lock you back up again?

I will attempt to answer this.

These mechanics were things I couldn't exactly puzzle out due to precision testing being impossible. From doesn't tell us how it actually works, so I'm left to guessing based on observation.

What exactly occurs after full drain is totally unknown. I'm the person best qualified to answer this question and at this point I'm operating on pure guesswork based on observation. It appears as though it begins refilling rapidly and cannot be drained during this brief regeneration period until it completely refills again. Also, this is the time you're susceptible to stuns. From near 0 regeneration it takes about 4-6 seconds for a full refill, but from a break it seems to be faster.

This makes sense as once you broke Poise you would be able to keep it bottomed so-to-speak with hits.

This is a question I doubt I'll ever be able to answer accurately... but I suspect that explanation is very close to the truth.

WyrmHero wrote:By the way EWGF, how do I counter roll BS?

It's a counter by nature, so there are no hard counters if used properly. The best way to counter it so to speak is to behave in a way that invites it while countering it with a properly manually pivoted swing, or a Counter BS.

Hopefully this will curb attempts.

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Hey EWGF, do you only plan on playing on pc? Also, whats your suggestion for beating King Doran Sl1? I thought i was pretty good, but hes kicking my ***. I know its just a matter of a 15-20min fight without getting hit, but there a technique i might not know about? More of the problem, what makes Doran heal? Ive seen videos where players do the same thing as me and he doesnt heal, but i had him down past half health and ran back to the bridge and he heals.

1) I will be playing on PC.
    2) Poison Cloud is a cheesy way of beating him if you can manage it at SL 1. I just used ranged pokes with a spear at SL 1.

OmniBot wrote:I had a sneaking suspicion the EWGF I knew was the EWGF I had seen on youtube. Your voice sounds totally different in person compared to the youtube vids.

I use a compressor to make myself sound sexy. I'm a mumbler as you know.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm

*tempted to introduce new Forum's Sexy Voice rank*
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:43 pm

ahaha +1
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 pm

What rank do they get if they manage to snag sexy voice and hunk fex? silly
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Oh... that would almost be pendant worthy. Video or it didn't happen.
    EWGF

Post by EWGF Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm

What's all this jibber-jabber about?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 pm

god knows
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:43 pm

EWGF wrote:What's all this jibber-jabber about?

It all started with BL4INE's post... and my reply

Keep reading a few pages for the giggles silly
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Is the greatsword of artorias ever a good weapon choice? I mean... It's a cool weapon but it seems that there is always a better option no matter what stats you have.
    EWGF

Post by EWGF Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:56 pm

FinPeku wrote:Is the greatsword of artorias ever a good weapon choice? I mean... It's a cool weapon but it seems that there is always a better option no matter what stats you have.

It's terrible, regardless of damage. It may have been good during development at some point (a lot of weapons were severely nerfed, go check out the E3 vids with people using the Black Knight Sword which was beastly at that time) but it's current version is unbearable. It's good if you host due to the insane damage it does to Black Phantoms, but otherwise it's just a really slow Clay that can't combo with unusable R2s.

TL:DR it's a clay that's so slow and terrible you play it like a D-machete.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 pm

I think that's personal opinion. I'm using the cursed version at SL 120 and that **** is very long. But indeed the R2s suck, sadly.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:13 am

I always thought it blew. Way better GS's out there.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 am

Do you think whips have a place in PvP at all? I've always thought they were such an interesting type of weapon, but they seem to fall short any way you try to use them.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:39 am

So EWGF lasterday I had another session on my Smough cosplay and when I wasn't fighting along side Ornstein I got some 1v1's in. Incorporating the tips you gave me into my play made a big difference, I didn't win them all but even the fights I lost I lasted much longer and came much closer to victory. Considering I'm fat rolling with a legit cosplay against tricked out ninja flipping invaders I'm pretty happy with my results, and I still have plenty of room for improvement.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:43 am

GoA's 2h R2 is pretty fun if they are not expecting it. it Casually turfs the opponent across the field silly but yeah in general I would agree although it is fun to try and use silly
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 am

I have 1 simple question....why did FROM make half the MLGS invisible?

Because if the hit range matched up with the size of the sword it would have to be longer than a DGM...I have actually used the DGM roll poke and been out ranged by that damn sword!

It can land hits from almost anywere and seems to even hit lots while your mid roll!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:53 am

Also I watched your parry video's was a good resource for starting to learn how to parry....once you know what your supposed to do all it takes is getting used to each classes parry windows and the timing for each to be sucessful!

Tanking hits then parrying is great also...I love slashing with a bandits knife in the off hand for next to damage to trigger a strike...tank it then just hope they spam it again lol!

Your a wealth of knowledge glad to have you on the forum!!
    EWGF

Post by EWGF Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I think that's personal opinion. I'm using the cursed version at SL 120 and that **** is very long. But indeed the R2s suck, sadly.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't think it being so slow it can't combo (unique feature to Artorias' swords) and having terrible R2s are a matter of opinion. It's literally a really slow claymore that does a wee-bit more damage (against plain un-enchanted clays) at a cost of requiring massive stat investment.

That's not to say you shouldn't use it. You should.

Reaperfan wrote:Do you think whips have a place in PvP at all? I've always thought they were such an interesting type of weapon, but they seem to fall short any way you try to use them.

I've seen people win with them, and do some interesting stuff with them, but it's more like GSoA: you do ***-tons of work to beat players you're better than while they auto-pilot. Whips have been victimized by an absolutely atrocious moveset (which blows, I like whips).

All these types of questions like "can I win with a broken sword?" or the "is the broken sword PvP worthy?" the answer is "yes, but it's **** tier, so be prepared to work your *** off".

DarkW17 wrote:I have 1 simple question....why did FROM make half the MLGS invisible?

Because if the hit range matched up with the size of the sword it would have to be longer than a DGM...I have actually used the DGM roll poke and been out ranged by that damn sword!

It can land hits from almost anywere and seems to even hit lots while your mid roll!

Never noticed a hitbox issue. I will test it and get back to you.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF! - Page 3 Empty Acid Surge and Toxic Mist

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:45 pm

What's up Phantom,

I have yet another question for you. I'm thinking about creating a status effects build as demonstrated by the following link: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3688395017875874

Here is my issue concerning this build: If you notice I have 18 faith to be able to cast the TWOP in order to successfully drown my opponent with both acid surge and the toxic mist. I'll also buff my large club with the rotten resin so as to inflict my opponent with poison after about two hits. The Gravelord sword will be an alternative option to the large club. My issue, however has to do with the dexterity. As many of you know, 45 dex provides the fastest casting speed of the flame pyromancies. Does anyone know if a higher dex stat will also quicken the acid surge and toxin cast as well? Thanks in advance for all of your input.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

It doesn't.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 pm

EWGF wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:Do you think whips have a place in PvP at all? I've always thought they were such an interesting type of weapon, but they seem to fall short any way you try to use them.

I've seen people win with them, and do some interesting stuff with them, but it's more like GSoA: you do ***-tons of work to beat players you're better than while they auto-pilot. Whips have been victimized by an absolutely atrocious moveset (which blows, I like whips).

All these types of questions like "can I win with a broken sword?" or the "is the broken sword PvP worthy?" the answer is "yes, but it's **** tier, so be prepared to work your *** off".

Thanks for the response! To somewhat expand the question, have you seen or thought of any way besides a main weapon that whips could be used? Maybe as a backup weapon against parry-heavy opponents or as an off-hand weapon? And in any instance, would there be any reason to take the normal Whip over the Notched Whip? Of all the minor niches I can think of that you would use whips for, the Notched Whip's bleed seems like a stronger asset than the extra damage of the normal Whip. I really like these weapons personally and while I realize they're highly underperforming weapons I want to believe there is something they can be useful for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 pm