Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Reaperfan
FinPeku
dancash1808
FexDS
OmniBot
Uparkaam
FruitPunchNinja
WyrmHero
DamageCK
RANT
Tolvo
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
bloodpixel
Wisp
Jovias-86
Federally
martyrsbrigade99
billy_bayonet
EWGF
24 posters

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

EWGF

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

Post by EWGF Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:11 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Thanks for the response! To somewhat expand the question, have you seen or thought of any way besides a main weapon that whips could be used? Maybe as a backup weapon against parry-heavy opponents or as an off-hand weapon? And in any instance, would there be any reason to take the normal Whip over the Notched Whip? Of all the minor niches I can think of that you would use whips for, the Notched Whip's bleed seems like a stronger asset than the extra damage of the normal Whip. I really like these weapons personally and while I realize they're highly underperforming weapons I want to believe there is something they can be useful for.

They're just remarkably bad. You seem to have thought about this a fair bit, but my experience with whips in PvP can be described as "limited". I know you're searching for a redeeming quality to them, but I don't see it (it least not a normal redeeming quality).

Strategically they offer nothing aside from lulling your opponent into a false sense of security.

I suppose you could use it as an off-hand against a parry crazed opponent, but what's the advantage over using a jump attack, or drawing the parry for a BS? Pretty much none.

If given the choice I would go for the notched whip. Bleed will seldom land against a good opponent, but it's fairly easy to tell when a good player is close to the threshold as they'll get panicky as hell with their rolling, which is a good time to revise, or apply different pressure.

I don't know how to tell you this, but aside from being awesome-looking, they're terrible! Someone better than me can puzzle out if there are any tricks to it that could upgrade it's tier.

Last edited by EWGF on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

Post by kazumoshi Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:22 am

You can't parry a whip
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:37 am

I have of 'Favourites' questions that I want to ask, just to better understand the person who makes the funny tutorials.

1) What is your favourite place to invade, dueling or otherwise, and what features make it so attractive?

2) Any weapon you find yourself using over and over again? Is it the damage or move-set make you keep coming back for more?

3) Which do like more: Crossbow or Bow? What's your reasoning behind one over the other?

4) What do you find to be the most fun build to play against or to play as, and more importantly why do you think it to more fun than whatever you've come to expect in Dark Souls PvP?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 am

Ill tell ya one thing I fought your friend Pep from your vids tonight in darkroot a few times...it was a humbling experience to say the least...just when you thought you were pretty decent at PVP...you run into someone like him Look Skyward

Oh and he only used it once but the one kill shot was with a damn NOTCHED WHIP in his off hand lol :oops:
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:40 am

That guy is SOOO good. Holy hell. Stole a couple moves from him though, like kicking during an opponent's wakeup and GC after. That's good ****. What I would kill for is just a list of things like that from guys who PvP all the time.

EWGF, I know you've got your own list of tricks. We've already heard about the bow cancel tricks, got any other tricks you swear by?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am

Ya Damage he's the best I've ever fought you cannot make 1 mistake with placement his roll BS is 100% deadly...I only actually ate 1 BS in 2 fights which I knew was coming lol...I did better at avoiding them than the other guys I saw him fight!

LOL that kick GC is a lethal move...it appears as tho 1 solid pro tip is to kick a lot...we had a close fight for a minute...then a couple kicks with 2 handed katana chops to follow and I was done for!

Last edited by DarkW17 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:40 am

I actually started kicking a lot recently just because of that guy. He is seriously the best player I've ever seen.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Kicking and then balder side sword R2 is about 75% of my moves. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that out loud.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Can't you dodge the balder sword R2 after a kick? At least, i remember they were dodging mine... sad
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Sometimes - it's easier to hit if you're not locked on because you can control the angle better.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:47 pm

It's hit or miss for me. Sometimes they escape, sometimes not.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm

It's deadly with a leo ring if it connects, but damn i wish it was more consistent.

@EWGF + everyone else: What weapons/moves are guaranteed to hit after a kick?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Dex weapon R1's.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm really disappointed with the lack of kick on my estoc right now sad
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Lol GC and any katana R1 1 or 2 handed for that matter works after a kick...trust me!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:35 am