Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
ublug
Federally
FattyOfDoom
Pesth
Scirvir
About8547Souls
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Shabbalaba
baby_beavis
14 posters

C.S.I. Undead Parish (Rhea and Pendant) [SPOILERS Mentioned]

About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

C.S.I. Undead Parish (Rhea and Pendant) [SPOILERS Mentioned] - Page 2 Empty Re: C.S.I. Undead Parish (Rhea and Pendant) [SPOILERS Mentioned]

Post by About8547Souls Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:15 am

I'll just throw it out there that Beatrice's 'hat' isn't the only item that is out of order. Pharis's Hat is also out of order. Even though it didn't come with the Hunter set, it's clearly meant to be the hat piece that is missing in the beginning. Heck his hat even comes with a bow lol. It's a lot like the Priest Cap, you don't get it in the beginning but it is part of the set either way. Why not try dropping his hat somewhere?
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

C.S.I. Undead Parish (Rhea and Pendant) [SPOILERS Mentioned] - Page 2 Empty Re: C.S.I. Undead Parish (Rhea and Pendant) [SPOILERS Mentioned]

Post by baby_beavis Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:49 am

I was looking at the desciption of the pharis hat yesterday, coincidently. Curious about why it's adored by children. Dunno if that is supposed to mean something, or if From find their inner poet when writing stuff in this game. In anycase I can't try anything on Sif, since killed on all my test characters right now.

At the moment I am farming for 1 titanite slab to upgrade a pickaxe to +15. I'm gonna go try it on the wall's at Sen's Fortress, behind Iron Golem and in that corridor with the balder knight. I've heard people wonder about these. If anyone has a full raw or other path, feel free to hack away if you have some time.

P.S. I was also thinking Sen's Fortress because of that "Traps Road" think that From mentioned, in case you are aware of that.
    Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:38 am

The Firelink Firekeeper's soul is also 'out of order' there's the first string of five or six, a couple items, then hers.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 am

There could be something there, but her's is also the only one with an extra use compared to the others, with the Lautrec thing and restoring it. The thing about anastasia i find interesting is that she is about the only human, NPC, and presumably friendly in the game that appears in the prologue; amongst the Lords, Gods, or w/e, and the Dragons.

She's also in that video or trailer where Oscar walks away slowly and does that wave to his back, with Iron Tarkus and Anastasia beside the firelink bonfire. These 3 seem to be the only group we are kinda tied to, in the sense that we are human, undead, and supposedly working on the same mission the way I look at it. (even if we not so sure what it is). Everyone else in the game has some ties or service to the gods, part of some scheme that does not seem to benefit humans; and i don't trust either serpent. The only other curious character, excluding Solaire and Onion, is Priscilla, since it says that even the gods feared her lifehunt abilities, which makes me think she is not all that gods friendly. Plus, if the doll is undoubted;y her's, why was it in the cell were we start off, where the undead are imprisoned?

On a different note, I just found out that the symbol of avarace kills you even resting at a bonefire. So if u take too long to go make a quick cup of tea, u might die a few times over, and loose about a million souls, and 79 humanity. hurray!
    Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Speaking of her, does anyone know if the black eye orb carries over to NG+'s?

Something else I noticed, the shiny murals on either side of the statue in the Parish depict 2/3 of a chimera. The lion head is on the bottom, then it's a man offering something, a goat head, and on top is a dragon head. It's kinda hard to distinguish, but maybe there's a snake in there somewhere. Or maybe the dragon head is actually a snake with long ears..or big eyebrows. happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:14 pm

I don't think it carries over and I've looked at those plates a good deal. To me out looks like it depicts too much of the man to be a chimera. They're not very detailed though so my man, lion and dragon all paying tribute to the goddess interpretation is open for argument
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:44 pm

In the dark souls design works book - there are clear pictures of the mural.

Can I embed the picture in this thread ? Or do i have to upload it to a 3rd party site and than provide the link? (wondering if its ok to embeded a small file sized jpeg)
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:56 pm

I believe you can post the link. I may be wrong though.
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Im on my iphone - anyone know how to upload a picture ??

I tried to copy and paste directly into the thread but it wont let me.

Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:22 am

I just saw the scan in the forum.. There's two goats on top. No dragon. But the dude and lion are there. I wonder if it symbolizes Ornstein in any way. Then again, it might just be a guy, a lion, and two goats. FROM probably just slaps stuff together and let's us think there's a connection.. I wonder if they're taking applications for story director?? happy There's also a pic that shows Andre pushing that very statue over for a young lass so she can get into the passage behind it. Cool. Looks like they had WAY more planned for the game.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:19 am

Shabbalaba wrote:Im on my iphone - anyone know how to upload a picture ??

I tried to copy and paste directly into the thread but it wont let me.

Counting from the right click the 6th button. It opens a little dialog that let's you host pics. It will grab photos straight out of the gallery on my Android phone so should work for you. It also resizes the image for the forum. Then just copy paste the link and wrap it with Img brackets and we can see it.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 am

While on the subject, does anyone have any insight to the mural in that painting guardian's building?

The one with a woman up top, furnace thing with flame in the middle, and some other thing at the bottom.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t4931-dark-souls-design-works-wip#86603
    The undead parish mural shows a man and beasts making offerings to the altar/goddess. The beasts have something that looks like wheat in their mouths, and the man is offering what looks like an egg. The wheat might tie into the decorations in anor londo, which shows an oven and a bread basket. As for the egg, it could just be a bird's egg, but I've also noticed that when you pop a humanity it takes the shape of an egg in your hand. This might also relate to the chaos covenant leader, where each of her eggs is a cradle for a single humanity.
    The parish altar is most likely the way of white covenant location, you can also see the murals more detailed in the dynamic theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyMgehry8s&feature=player_detailpage#t=210s
    I was hoping the mural held some clues about how to level in the wow covenant, if it is possible at all. I was also watching an LP some time ago, the guys ps3 was on its last legs and had all sorts of graphical glitches, where breakable items and some doors were glitched, but also four of the eight parish church statues, and only the ones at each end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTYkMzLcudE The statues can't be broken, so maybe they are some kind of trigger (four statues - four generic fire keeper souls etc)?
    I'm also a bit puzzled by the mural background, the angular decorations, which are more reminiscent of the gigantic spears surrounding the old one in demons souls.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 am

About pickaxe and upgrade paths. I always thought that maybe taking the pickaxe and making it raw +5 was the way to go since raw upgrades seem to have no practical value. I posted this in glyphs thread when I joined, actually it's why I joined, bit I think I was ignored. =P
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:56 pm

While brushing up on those last 2 posts, I came across this. Maybe some of you have seen it, for others have a read. I think it's good, ******* fatty, but still confused.

http://www.gamespot.com/dark-souls/forum/wait-a-munute-extended-petrus-theory-with-spoilers-63309413/

Last edited by baby_beavis on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : second opinion)
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 am

@ublug thanks for the links.

I don't know why people didn't look into that glitched graphics ps3 thing more. prolly is a way to imitate that with old tv, wrong pal/ntsc mixed settings, dodge setup, etc..

@ Mudo, making a raw one now, for good measure. but all in all, i think hitting statues too wouldn't be a bad idea.

==============================================================

Anyway, every now and then you tend to forget these lore riddles, I think, like me, people get a bit sick of following dead ends mainly because there seems to be some well crafted plots and clues in the game, highly mixed with random ****. If you look in too deep, you risk going into a maze of infinite loops, if you take everything at face value, you miss stuff that might make more sense and save you a lot of time testing **** out. So I just have a couple of simple questions in case someone knows something about them, from some discussions or personal opinion. You know, for future reference.

1 - In the Knightess dialogue, she says that each firekeeper or w/e is linked to each other, but shall never meet. Does that mean having all 7 souls on you, is in a way, making them meet? Like hinting to some ritual?

2 - Dormhall - Looking at his chest piece, I'd thought this guy could easily loose a couple of medals or pendants while simple reaching for t.p., and don't know what to make of this ninja looter. But looking close at the medals, is that one of priscilla? on the front bottom row (the white one). And a little above it, seems like a woman's head, like in the mother/baby statues. Dunno. Anyway, will try a playthrough with his armor, plus killing him after I get masterkey.

P.S Note he also has two daggers in the armor.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

baby_beavis wrote:While brushing up on those last 2 posts, I came across this. Maybe some of you have seen it, for others have a read. I think it's good, ******* fatty, but still confused.

http://www.gamespot.com/dark-souls/forum/wait-a-munute-extended-petrus-theory-with-spoilers-63309413/

Interesting, i think allot of people have speculated he's up to absolutely no good but i have to spoil it a little bit. Petrus uses estus himself, therteby making him an undead...

Is it possible that the way of the white is a more unsavory covenant than we have assumed, and that hunting undead and doing mean things in the name of the allfather is the way to level up in it?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:41 am

Thorolund and WoW send their undead on suicide missions in Lordran. Maybe Petrus is trying to gain favor by murdering undead so he can be granted a pardon.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 am

My personal opinion is that the way of white is the "church" archetype covenant. A lot of the covenants mimic different organizations or groups relatively well Forest Hunters = bandit group,
    dragons = martial arts clan,
    Darkwraiths = assassins,
    Princess guard = illuminati or free masons,
    Sun bros = biker gang (many actually mobilize for very good deeds),
    Darkmoon = police
    Etc.....

With that in mind, I've posted this before, all of the known Way of White chracters (Petrus, Rhea, Penn and Teller, and Leeroy) all are representative of subdivisions of a typical church. Rhea is the blind faith and devotion Fanatic to the point of using faith and adherence to church guidelines to establish hierarchy (remember she won't give you the time of day at first as you aren't worthy to be in her presence). Penn and Teller represent the devout but not fanatic and are the most noble in my opinion. The silent one is the winner as he is on the mission and makes no complaint about it. It's assumed (by me) that he believes in the cause but won't hold your differences against you. The other one believes in Rhea, possibly not their gods. He backs up her as being special and is along for the mission but expresses doubt. He's the realistic person in the church. I believe in being good and the tenets but you haven't sold me on everything yet. Leeroy is the archetype of the Paladin. Send me in. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil: For thou art with me."

That leaves sticky old Petrus. It's no secret that many churches have had their scandal from time to time. Misappropriation of funds? Oh god yeah. Misuse of Church resources? Check. Murder in the name of God? Uh huh. Systemic sex abuse scandal? You betcha.

People recall the murder part regarding Petrus and leave it at that. I've pointed out a few times now that he's far more sinister than just the simple murder of a mostly helpless girl. Before the murder if you talk to him he suggests that you take care of her. In fact, he says something to the effect of "Why dear Rhea is up there all alone and helpless. One could do just about anything they wanted with her and no one would be the wiser." Petrus seems a clear vision of the evils that can be hidden in organized religion. Evil is ok.....as long as no one finds out twisted

With that being said, I just thought of something for the "There's more to them thread." Off I go!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:02 pm

That is a Lie; His sins will always follow him, as the Goddess is always watching. With this, the Pardoner always knows full well what sins are done in this world of Lordran.

Such an interesting power, to know when anyone commits a Sin... I wonder what Lautrec had done to that poor old man with all his coins. He seems to have killed a sinner of all things, or at least Lautrec confronted the man...

lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Very true Acidic. That's one of the great hypocrisies of religious scandals. Let's believe in an all knowing God who sits in judgment of my actions, yet commit sins and believe they're ok simply because my fellow man has not yet figured them out.

As for Lautrec, I'm sure his calm presence made him particularly stressful for dear old Petrus. Anyone else at the shrine is clouded. Their goals and ambitions more important than what Petrus might have hatched. Lautrec however, he seems clear headed and very observant (Patches is observant too but too caught up in profit to worry about another villain).
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Lautrec is such an interesting creature. That, and he is the most respectful of all kniights, rivalled only by the onion. Even Solaire falls into a crestfallen state, and faith begins to... lack.

I also like to point out that the pendant is never seen at all... until Rhea is killed in the church by the supposed Petrus. Interesting, how the forest hunters are the only other beings that can obtain pendants, and are never seen across the world.

The pendant is to represent the God of War, and fond memories. Seems odd for a lady of the cloth, a career that lacks offense, to carry such a pendant... or supposedly carry such pendant. Of course, other characters are known to give away medallions of the Gods as well. Petrus never shows signs of carrying the pendant at all when you kill him at any time... so I wonder where the pendant came from.

Perhaps the best thing to look at, is the fact that many knights are known to go across the Undead Parish from time to time. Perhaps there was a third man that took the Ivory Talisman to confirm the deed to the man of coin, while leaving a pendant in order to make sure that her path of death is more... settling.

So if there is a third man, who would carry such a prized pendant around to drop and leave? Lautrec is unlikely, as he does not necessarily require it (embrace has a way to make man very zealous). So what other creatures walk across the church and has connection to such a God of War?
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 pm

The reason I made this thread is because I believed there was a third man, and was looking for leads to who it could have belonged to. That petrus link really pissed me off yesterday eventually, not the poster or anything, but the fact that it made sense and at first I accepted the fact that petrus was the hand in rhea's death; later got pissed off at the fact that i had killed them both just before the murder and neither of them drop the pendant, but it's kind of a relief that you mention a third. Even so, with some of your posts around here, I get the feeling you know something we don't but can't tell if you are actually hinting at something of asking in a strange way. I'm inclined at the former, but, who knows.

As for who has a connection to God of War, i have no clue, but what creatures walk through the church? The channeler? The knight, just like there's one in the painted world before priscilla? Solaire? The pardoner? The gargoyles? WoW brigade? The balders? The undead? Or one of the barrels? (meaning the princess of dusk using chamealeon).

I missed someone didn't I?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Don't forget the words of Lautrec, Oswald and Petrus himself. Petrus is almost certainly complicit at the least if not directly responsible. So for a third party or conspiracy style murder it would not only have to be someone who could be placed at the Parish but who would go along with Petrus.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:22 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:...invisible statue...
    Sorry if this is off-topic, but perhaps it's better than bumping an older thread.
    I only found one thread focussed on the 'invisible statue', so I'm not sure if progress has been made that I've simply missed...

but does the 3d map viewer include collision data that shows the shape of the statues? Or are they just detail-less cylinders or something else?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:06 am