Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Rifter7
Veradox
T-King-667
Anonymous Proxy
StockpileThomas
Xardas
L!ve
DxV04
XuitusTheGreat
Myztyrio
fujiphoenix
RANT
DancingFood
SnailsAndSlugs
Kiva the wanderer
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
his1n-
Zaventem
ViralEnsign_
Luceid
Buggy Virus
Montante
ublug
OrnsteinBro
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
JoeBroski09
Seignar
nemesismonkey
dancash1808
Jansports
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
dualcross
Fotitudo
callipygias
Pesth
Spurgun
Ser Isaac
dannyhugz
BackwardsBaboon
Wade_Wilson
befowler
Juutas
Revoltage
51 posters

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] Empty PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Revoltage Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 pm

So I haven't played the PTD edition yet (waiting on a new pc) but still wanted to know about any gameplay fixes/additions that anyone has noticed.

Have various glitches been patched yet? Any changes in BS?
    Any general info about things like that would be great, I know there are a few people out there who want to know the technical details but don't want story spoilers. It would be cool to just have a place to compile a list of things that have changed for future reference.

Last edited by Ziggurat91 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Revoltage Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:03 pm

List of changes so far:

Weapons:
    - Eagle Shield - physical damage reduction to 95%
    - Elemental weapons have lower AR: lightning ~10%, chaos ~8% decreased respectively
    - Greatswords attack more slowly (no more ability to stunlock effectively using 2H R1)
    - Blocking drains more stamina (probably due to lower overall stability)
    - Less stability increase in greatshields when upgrading
    - Quellaag's Furysword - decreased fire damage
    - Shield-poking with rapiers/spears uses 50% more stamina

Equipment:
    - DWGR - flip now applies when equip load is at or below 25%
    - Hornet Ring - nerfed to around 25% critical bonus
    - Symbol of Avarice - slower HP degeneration [needs confirmation]
    - Elite Knight set - total poise increased to 46
    - Mask of the Father - equip load bonus is decreased to 5%
    - Mask of the Mother - HP bonus is decreased to 10%
    - Mask of the Child - decreased stam regen

Spells:
    - CHSM/HSM now do less damage [needs confirmation]
    - Chaos pyromancies buffed, humanity damage bonus is increased [needs confirmation]
    - Power Within self-damage no longer scales with Pyro Flame (remains at -15 hp/sec)

Gameplay:
    - Dragon roar depletes more stamina when used [need confirmation]
    - Critical hits (backstabs, ripostes) do less damage [not sure if it also applies to plunging attacks]
    - Gravelords receive humanity when an infected player dies in their own world
    - New warpable bonfires in: Undead Parish (above Andre), The Depths, Painted World of Ariamis (note that you cannot warp from this bonfire), Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave (additional warps to new areas also)
    - PVP Arena details:
    No estus healing
    2v2, 1v1, FFA
    The player who lands most kills within the time limit wins (draws are possible).
    Different types of arenas available.
    Fights are organized in the following brackets: sl 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, 201+.
    Immediate respawn after death (spells are also refreshed)
    No healing items are able to be used while in the arena (however, healing miracles can be used).
    Health doesn't recover after you win a duel, only if you lose and respawn.

Glitches:
    - Bottomless Box glitch removed
    - Dragon Headstone glitch removed
    - Spell switch glitch removed
    - Prism Stone item duplication glitch removed
    - Bow backstab removed
    - Resin glitch removed

Misc:
    - No framerate drops in all areas
    - Load screens down to roughly 2 seconds (most likely due to it being on PC)
    - Dark Anor Londo NPCs no longer respawn
    - Environmental lava damage increase
    - Crystal attacks from Crystal Golems now inflict curse status
    - Pendant description has changed: "A simple pendant with no effect. Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys."

New Content [BE WARNED, POSSIBLE SPOILERS but I will do my best to avoid revealing any lore]
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    Weapons:
    Spoiler:

Armor:
    Spoiler:

Spells:
    Spoiler:

Pyromancies:
    Spoiler:

Miracles:
    Spoiler:

Thanks to everyone who posted info!
    Another thread with more detailed info but contains spoilers can be found here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t10269-dlc-details-descriptions-and-lore-spoilers
    And here is another very useful DkS PC Resources thread: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t10476-pc-resources-thread

Last edited by Revoltage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 190 times in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 pm

There is already a thread like this.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Juutas wrote:There is already a thread like this.
    There is? Look Skyward Oops......guess I got a bit ahead of myself here.....
    Can you point me to where I can find it?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:14 pm

OH! didn't notice this was the spoiler free version:

- Dragon head glitch removed
    - BB-glitch removed (not 100% sure)
    - Hornets ring nerfed (about 30% critical bonus anymore)
    - Some elemental weapons nefred
    - Eagle shield physical dmg res nerfed to 95%
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah, a storyline spoiler free thread is a good idea, for those of us (like myself) that want to know about the gameplay changes/nerfs to plan ahead for console DLCs, but don't want to know anything about the storyline/lore spoilers.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks Juutas for that information! It's nice to see that hornet ring is nerfed a bit happy

befowler wrote:Yeah, a storyline spoiler free thread is a good idea, for those of us (like myself) that want to know about the gameplay changes/nerfs to plan ahead for console DLCs, but don't want to know anything about the storyline/lore spoilers.
    I figured a lot of people would be interested in a list like this big grin I'll be sure to keep the list updated as I learn more details.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Someone also said something about the claymore being tweaked, anyone know if true/how?

What I'm really waiting on though is word that backstabs have been overhauled to minimize the window/lagstabbery. C'mon sweet jebus, daddy needs a new pair of fatrollers.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:49 pm

befowler wrote:Someone also said something about the claymore being tweaked, anyone know if true/how?

What I'm really waiting on though is word that backstabs have been overhauled to minimize the window/lagstabbery. C'mon sweet jebus, daddy needs a new pair of fatrollers.

Indeed lightning claymore or +13 claymore didn't look so powerful anymore (those were used in one guy's stream) but of course I can't confirm this yet.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:10 pm

>Eagle shield nerfed to 95% physical reduction
    I know it deserved a nerf, but damn, I loved the Eagle shield. Ah well, I can work with 95%
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm really hoping someone can confirm or deny that the BB glitch is fixed.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 pm

In a way it makes the Eagle shield more powerful, because now you can use it with karmic justice (damage through a shield block of less than 100% physical block counts as a "hit" towards the KJ explosion). Good luck trying to guard break someone using an eagle shield with KJ.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm

befowler wrote:In a way it makes the Eagle shield more powerful, because now you can use it with karmic justice (damage through a shield block of less than 100% physical block counts as a "hit" towards the KJ explosion). Good luck trying to guard break someone using an eagle shield with KJ.

You're joking right...? So, is KJ related to damage taken or hits taken?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:10 am

Claymore (and probably all greatswods) speed is nerfed.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:43 am

Family masks nerfed (only confirmed MoM but I bet all of them) PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] 639795459
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:41 am

I'll post the things I've noticed and confirm/deny what I can from my experience. Game released 4PM PST on Thursday for me, and as of the time of this posting I have 20hrs played and have only Gwyn left to kill. I will also deter from any comments that may have spoilers.

Greatswords are indeed nerfed, they attack significantly slower than before, and elemental weapons(Lightning at least) have lower AR(my Lightning Gargs Halberd only has 280 AR for physical and lightning instead of 320).

Blocking is far less convenient now than it used to be, most shields only gain Stability every OTHER upgrade level instead of every time now. On top of that blocking as a whole seems to take far bigger stamina hits than it used to. (Can't compare to new content but some things there hit REALLY hard on stam even with a +15 eagle shield, 95% aside)

Certain spells do less/more damage. CHSM/HSM for sure do less, as I needed to hit 50 int with TCC in order to get all 5 hits to total over 1300-1500 on some old content(this is with BDR/CoD btw). Haven't noticed to much of a change in Pyromancy, but it did feel like Chaos spells get more bang for their buck from Humanity now(got a 1017 Chaos Storm PER HIT with 2 Humanity and +5 asc flame).

I haven't been able to experiment with everything, but some Weapon specials feel like they've been retuned that used to be useless, i.e. Dragon Weapons. The only thing I've been able to test much is a certain weapon that I won't talk about for obvious reasons, but its 2H+Heavy attack hit for ~2200.

DISCLAIMER: Maybe it's just me IDK!
    I noticed a few bosses doing things I've never noticed/seen before.
    Sif stabbed me under his belly once during the fight, and usually responded to me rolling under him by IMMEDIATELY jumping away when he finished his attack. I felt like I was being forced to go toe-toe with him instead of hiding under him the whole fight. Nothing wrong with that but heads up.
    Bed of Chaos done a rain of fire, almost like a fire storm but from overhead a couple times. Blocked hit with dragon crest shield took a full stam bar and about 400HP ontop of it.
    Some people co-oping with me learnt that Quelaag responds to gang banging by spamming her explosion and tail shake(where she throws fire off her butt) until the offenders are dead or back away. She spammed the explosion a few times during the fight, and by spam I don't mean done it fairly close together. I mean we descended on her to thrash her face and after a couple back to back hits just done like 3 in a row lol.

Also I encountered NO lag issues during co-op/invasion the entire time. This is likely due to the fact it's being hosted on a PC or steam's servers so probably won't apply to the console DLC. Also on PC those 20-30sec loading pages are 2sec or less it almost made me cry lol.

I want to talk about so much more, but I can't without talking about new areas/gear so I'll stop here. I'm at work and its way early so if I remember anything else I'll update but atm that's all I got without spoiling anything.
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 am

BB is fixed. Peeve did an attempt to recreate the BB glitch on one of his streams. He tested it equipment items from the DLC and none tranfered over to the new character.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am

Ser Isaac wrote:BB is fixed. Peeve did an attempt to recreate the BB glitch on one of his streams. He tested it equipment items from the DLC and none tranfered over to the new character.
    I'm kinda disappointed about that, making new builds is going to take much longer. I guess I'm just overly lazy, I hate farming.... at least there might be fewer griefers and divine blessing users on the bright side happy maybe?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:10 am

Ziggurat91 wrote:
    Ser Isaac wrote:BB is fixed. Peeve did an attempt to recreate the BB glitch on one of his streams. He tested it equipment items from the DLC and none tranfered over to the new character.
    I'm kinda disappointed about that, making new builds is going to take much longer. I guess I'm just overly lazy, I hate farming.... at least there might be fewer griefers and divine blessing users on the bright side happy maybe?

When we get used to it it's gonna be fine...we are too used to glitching new PvP toons anyways big grin
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 am

I don't think i'll make as many new PvP toons as i did on the PC. But that just means that i'll use the ones i have even more.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 am

I'm just extremely thankful I won't have to put up with being invaded by a SL10 that hits a divine blessing every single time I land a hit on them. When I play online on the PS3 I have gotten to the point where I just book it for fog gate or suicide myself so they don't get the benefit of trolling me. Even co-oping with my friends online have been painful in the higher traffic areas. WoG/GCF spammers in Parish. Although the main thing is no more hackers so far. For once....DRM FTW!

UPDATE: I just remembered no more Dragonhead Poison Knife machine guns!
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 am

BB glitch has spoiled everyone I suppose haha. No BB glitch would mean me actually going through many NG's now. It's a good thing since I'm terrible at pve silly

dannyhugz wrote:I'm just extremely thankful I won't have to put up with being invaded by a SL10 that hits a divine blessing every single time I land a hit on them. When I play online on the PS3 I have gotten to the point where I just book it for fog gate or suicide myself so they don't get the benefit of trolling me. Even co-oping with my friends online have been painful in the higher traffic areas. WoG/GCF spammers in Parish. Although the main thing is no more hackers so far. For once....DRM FTW!

UPDATE: I just remembered no more Dragonhead Poison Knife machine guns!
    I am really really hoping there won't be as many hackers on PC as on xbox....
    Funny story though, I was invaded once in the demon ruins, we both bow to each other. We start fighting and just as I'm getting him down to low health he pops a divine blessing. He proceeds to do this 2 more times while I haven't flasked at all yet. I end up getting chainstabbed to death. He messages me with "L2P". Look Skyward Also I sincerely hope backstabs have been fixed A LOT.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:37 am

Hornet ring's bonus crit damage has been severely nerfed. It's amazing on an early char for 1shotting black knights/etc, but you will be hard pressed to 1shot with it in PvP now. Although I think it may see a return with one of the new weapons that I won't discuss anymore than saying it's crit modifier is absurd and it's stat scaling is like O.O for what it is.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:45 am

But now we see all dex build using both ciaran weapons, the giant zwei moms will make dex builds sad , and bye bye priscillas dagger
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:58 am

+1 for making the thread and putting "NO STORY SPOILERS" in the title so I knew I could come in here. And a big +1 below that for putting all the info in one spot. I didn't know ANY of this info, and I'm just about in shock reading it.

Every single change listed is welcome. Eagle shield, elementals,sorceries, DWGR, Hornet, all can stand a little nerf, and Chaos can stand a little boost. But the removal of the glitches is the greatest thing in the world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm