Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Derpwraith
ChizFreak
fujiphoenix
Lazarus the Lordslayer
callipygias
Rifter7
Slarg232
ViralEnsign_
dr_calamitus
bloodpixel
omega Elf
Forum Pirate
Glutebrah
Revoltage
lordgodofhell
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ICEFANG
Spurgun
dancash1808
Juutas
25 posters

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode. - Page 3 Empty Re: First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:16 am

WyrmHero wrote:Just a noob.

Also how can you compare Dark Souls to Runescape...... its not possible!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode. - Page 3 Empty Re: First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

Post by Juutas Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:01 am

Magic not viable? (I'm assuming you mean sorceries) Dude...you got to see the new spells, those have very fast casting time and they make tons of dmg + are harder to dodge than old sorceries.
    You almost have to have the silver pendant to counter them, so they are definitely nothing to joke about.
    New patch evened things out and made other builds than flipping housewife builds viable, so there is absolutely nothing to whine about in the patch fixes.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:11 am

Runescape has balanced PvP? as someone who sunk a hell of alot of time into that game over the years I'm inclined to disagree. oh well when my friends quit it ceased being interesting and seeing this selling items stuff simply reinforces that opinion.

As for DkS DWGR was greater than all the other rings by a large margin that was the problem (except maybe hornets and RoFaP they are not that far off)
    when you have a ring that is considered perfectly good. havels. which provides 50% of the equip load benefit that that DWGR does of course people are going to cry OP and rightly so!
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:53 pm

WOAH WOAH WOAH... woah..

strength weapons get hyper armor now?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Rifter7 wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH... woah..

strength weapons get hyper armor now?

some do, not all i heard, not sure which
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:08 pm

That's the first change that really shocks me, if it's true. Dark Souls seems too good for that. I'll wait till I can test it first hand to make up my mind, though. My first character is dex, so I'm gonna start a strength guy tonight too.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:30 pm

having hyper armor on certain moves will be great since most strength builds can't get the poise they need anymore.

i hope they put a lot of thought into it tho and didn't just blanket everything with it.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Rifter7 wrote:having hyper armor on certain moves will be great since most strength builds can't get the poise they need anymore.
    Well, they can, they just have to accept the medium roll. This might be an out for them, though. I'm getting excited to test it out.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:37 pm

well any strength weapons that use roll r1's would have a ton of problems with a med roll.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:47 pm

And get mualed by weapons like the spear/katana that can see a swing start and roll r1 to interrupt the swing. Hyper armor is a good move imo. They users are still vulnerable between swings, but they won't be completely useless against a katana r1 spam either.

Ug weapons+mid roll =fail. I've tried. A lot. People just whip out a composite bow with poision arrows, or a spear and pick you appart
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Hyper armor is the least of my worries since I never stunlock anybody anyway lol.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Its not used to stunlock or to avoid stunlocks, its used to stop someone with a faster weapon interrupting your swing.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Now I'm confused lol. I though hyper armor was not getting stunlocked from the enemy while you were swinging your weapon.
    Lazarus the Lordslayer

Post by Lazarus the Lordslayer Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Anyone wanna have a fight club with no armor and dual caestus when the dlc for consoles is released? Sorry if the topic I'm posting is off subject, but I think it would be fun to have a 1 on 1 boxing match ladder in Dark Souls silly
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Ug weapons+mid roll =fail. I've tried. A lot. People just whip out a composite bow with poision arrows, or a spear and pick you appart
    Forum member Tking owns in the forest with his Tarkus build. I'll post a link when I get home (if I remember). He is usually a medium roll.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:12 pm

@cappy, gankers are generally not smart enough to switch in my experience. If they don't pull out a spear or a bow I usually win, thus I usually beat gankers, but the more savvy players pull one out, and there's nothing I can do if it happens.

@blood not stunlock immunity, though it has that, its stun immunity. Its so you always finish your attacks. EX if i'm using the dgm and start a swing, the large club roll r1 hit won't interrupt my swing, so he'll get hit as well. Its not something to avoid stunlocks, though it might help, its to make sure that the weapon with hyper armor cannot have its swings interrupted.

Its a subtle difference, but its important and I'm not sure I'm explaining properly.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Well I'll figure out when the DLC comes out, I guess.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:14 pm

i just really hope they don't apply it to like every move or something insane. they should put it on r2's for weapons where it's viable and during certain combos.

idk. it's something that from could mess up pretty easily. there should be a skillful and rewarding way for both the opponent to counter and the player to use... not kiddies swinging a bkga blindly around and the opponent roll stabbing them ad nauseum.. which they'll still most likely do anyways.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Its all already done, but I get the distinct impression that ultra great weapons get it for their r1s. Its probably to help compensate for the beiber nerf robbing them of poise.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:38 pm

I wonder if they applied the same window to it as the Leo Ring.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm

So here is a question, figured it would be better to ask here instead of making my own thread; do the arena's actually have terrain, or are they just boxes like most PVP hotspots?
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:42 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:

clearly you cant read...
    i was comparing the balancing for pvp, not the game itself..

welp, i havent lost a pvp fight in about a week now using my dex build, and my str/end build, feel free to call me a noob, but im pretty sure that proves it
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:43 pm

dr_calamitus wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:

clearly you cant read...

welp, i havent lost a pvp fight in about a week now using my dex build, and my str/end build, feel free to call me a noob, but im pretty sure that proves it

I dont lose much either..... whats your point?
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:45 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:

clearly you cant read...

I dont lose much either..... whats your point?

point is, end/str builds and dex build are the only two builds worth trying, as they just dominate everything else..

insinuation plox
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Just because you win with them doesn't make them the only good ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:58 am