Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Derpwraith
ChizFreak
fujiphoenix
Lazarus the Lordslayer
callipygias
Rifter7
Slarg232
ViralEnsign_
dr_calamitus
bloodpixel
omega Elf
Forum Pirate
Glutebrah
Revoltage
lordgodofhell
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ICEFANG
Spurgun
dancash1808
Juutas
25 posters

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode. - Page 4 Empty Re: First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:31 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Just because you win with them doesn't make them the only good ones.
    winning with them for a week straight does though, see.. i have yet to lose a fight with either
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode. - Page 4 Empty Re: First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

Post by ChizFreak Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Lol bro what are you talking about? I mean, it's very hard to find matches for me, but when I found, I beat the **** out of a guy like 7 times in a row without losing. Winning it's not always about health, but about skill. It's not that big deal. It's not going to be like Second Chance was in Demon's Souls...
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Lol bro what are you talking about? I mean, it's very hard to find matches for me, but when I found, I beat the **** out of a guy like 7 times in a row without losing. Winning it's not always about health, but about skill. It's not that big deal. It's not going to be like Second Chance was in Demon's Souls...

skill/build, and with my skill and the two top builds at the moment, i have yet to lose for a week solid
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Do you want a cookie for your L33T gamer skillz?
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 pm

You guys do know that healing miracles are fairly slow, right?
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:02 pm

But in a 1v1 duel, you have more than enough time to use a healing miracle before your opponent respawns. Since its a 1v1, you have nothing to worry about while healing. If the other guy doesn't have a healing miracle, than he is at a huge disadvantage.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Hmm, what about Poison? Or Toxin from the Gravelord Sword? (I take alot of dead angle hits from curved greatswords. :|)

But seriously, why can't From Soft understand that everyone should have an equal advantage? (Every method of healing needs to be forbidden in the arena.) Or do they just enjoy trolling us..?
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:11 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Do you want a cookie for your L33T gamer skillz?

id prefer you blow me but a cookie will do
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:14 pm

dr_calamitus wrote:

Hmmm, blowing you is a little extreme, but a cookie isn't enough of a reward. How about we compromise on a good ol' fashioned?
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:16 pm

dr_calamitus wrote:

'Ey, shut it with the insults.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:16 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:

Hmmm, blowing you is a little extreme, but a cookie isn't enough of a reward. How about we compromise on a good ol' fashioned?

i dont think its extreme, it is quite warranted actually
    but if you insist
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 pm

I insist.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 pm

mehhh, we should prly get back to talking about why the arena sucks i think
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:04 am

Really, what other builds are there that don't either use Dex or Strength? Nearly every build has one, unless you are going total pure caster. And you hardly ever see those. I really don't get what you are asking for here.

-On Topic: Healing in the arena? That pretty much sucks.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 am

Whats an END build? A build that goes about 40 END? That seems wasteful for most players.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:11 am

WarriorOfBenOwnage wrote:Really, what other builds are there that don't either use Dex or Strength? Nearly every build has one, unless you are going total pure caster. And you hardly ever see those. I really don't get what you are asking for here.

-On Topic: Healing in the arena? That pretty much sucks.
    faith builds, int builds ( can upgrade your wep to scale of the stats in those and use spells to compliment yourself, ASIDE FORM THE FACT THAT THEY ALL GOT NERFED)
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 am

dr_calamitus wrote:
    faith builds, int builds ( can upgrade your wep to scale of the stats in those and use spells to compliment yourself, ASIDE FORM THE FACT THAT THEY ALL GOT NERFED)

Pretty sure that they didn't get nerfed, and just for kicks, what would one of these builds look like?
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:21 am

WarriorOfBenOwnage wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:

Pretty sure that they didn't get nerfed, and just for kicks, what would one of these builds look like?

faith would be, 50+ faith, sl 60 or so, wotg, twop,sunlight spear
    what ever armor you felt like , depending on fast roll or not, but likely dusks crown, rofp and ring of the suns firstborn, and a +10 divine/+5 occult wep of your choice ( used to see a lot of these around, untill twop was nerfed)

int, something similar, +5 enchanted or +10 magic wep though using crystal homing soulmass, greater magic shield, etc.. in fact, these int builds used to dominate untill greater magic shield was nerfed

now its just str or dex builds, leaving the other two out of the game,

pyro builds are alright, but since it does stupid dmg without needing to scale off int its just a shiney offhand tbh
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am

dr_calamitus wrote:

twop got nerfed hard, homing soulmass and grater magic shield got nerfed, hard,

so, dont say things didnt get nerfed plz
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:30 am

dr_calamitus wrote:

TWOP was always nerfed wasn't it? And Homing Soulmass actually works better from what I've seen. Who used Greater Magic Shield anyways? Wasn't it already almost useless? And those are by no means the only spells available that I've seen. Check out this Martyrsbrigade video for an example of how a Faith/Int hybrid works awesomely with the new content.

I'm just not seeing your point here. Build diversity will always exist, it even did back in the GiantMomBKGA days. Even if those two builds are the top two now, that's better that the top ONE they used to have. . .
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:34 am

dr_calamitus wrote:

TWOP was always nerfed wasn't it? And Homing Soulmass actually works better from what I've seen. Who used Greater Magic Shield anyways? Wasn't it already almost useless? And those are by no means the only spells available that I've seen. Check out this Martyrsbrigade video for an example of how a Faith/Int hybrid works awesomely with the new content.

I'm just not seeing your point here. Build diversity will always exist, it even did back in the GiantMomBKGA days. Even if those two builds are the top two now, that's better that the top ONE they used to have. . .

twop was not always nerfed, clearly you didnt play on the days of the origional console release

homing soulmass used to hit you mid roll, iframe? whats an iframe?

greater magic shield used to make you invulernable as long as you didnt swap off the shield for 45s-60s

my point is, those builds are gone, and now faith can just wotg spam, ( learn to roll plz), and int? well, you can argue all you want but i have yet to go against a caster since 1.0.4 that can actualy hit me

WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:40 am

dr_calamitus wrote:

twop was not always nerfed, clearly you didnt play on the days of the origional console release

homing soulmass used to hit you mid roll, iframe? whats an iframe?

greater magic shield used to make you invulernable as long as you didnt swap off the shield for 45s-60s

my point is, those builds are gone, and now faith can just wotg spam, ( learn to roll plz), and int? well, you can argue all you want but i have yet to go against a caster since 1.0.4 that can actualy hit me

At this point, comparing stuff to the original release is worthless, otherwise I'd still be complaining about the Ring of Fog. And watch that video. Martyrs plays an awesome caster, both with Faith and Int, and he does a ton of damage with his spells.

The builds are still there, you've just got to expand your idea of what works. I can get kills in PvP using Great Magic Weapon on a basic Longsword, I've won matches IN THE FOREST, with nothing but a Composite Bow, a Parrying Dagger, and a Bandit's Knife. There are other builds out there that work.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:10 am

So attacks that can do 1000 damage are hard to hit with? Where does the balance go!?
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:55 am

LMFAO at that video. His commentary is moronic and hypocritical. I don't think I have ever seen a video of Brigade's that he hasn't BSed someone.

I think this topic is hilarious with a lot of people contradicting themselves. Int is very strong if it hits you and is more common than Faith. Melee/physical dmg builds have been buffed into OPness also.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:22 am

dr_calamitus what's your eve-o characters name?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:31 am