Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 am

Garl_Vinland wrote:Apparently there is a reference to Solaire in the Caustic Caverns.
    A guy named Solitaire near a bonfire.

I'll have to check that out. So far I've only found the Minecraft, Batman, Snow White, TMNT, and Double Rainbow references/easter eggs.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by BLA1NE Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:34 am

^I found a Se7en reference! Handsome Jack said "Oooh, what's in the booox??" And it contained a gun named "Gwen's Head".

About the pistols and shotties, it's only at the beginning of the game. Soon you'll see more ARs, Snipers, then SMGs, and finally Launchers. Once you get further, you see a pretty even amount of all them. I still use pretty much only pistols and snipers, though!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:21 am

My favorite so far is a Zelda reference from the iridium guy in Sanctuary. "It's dangerous to go alone, *******!"

Cooping is a lot of fun, but I actually go up levels slower. It's like the mobs have their exp divided by the # of players or something, or maybe corrected downwards if someone higher level kills them. Also, not only do badass bonuses apply across all characters, but the challenges reset for each character. So I think you can just farm those things over and over.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Has anyone seen Face McShooty or gotten the Bane gun?
    Quite hilarious.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Um I should be getting the game this evening so does anyone want to play?!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Playstation, right? :|
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Yuh HUH! Im a Siren on my first playthrough.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 am

damn i never look here so i didnt know about this. level 17 siren and its amazing, the other one that offers something different imo is zero, the other two just feels like im playing killzone which is a good thing btw since kz2 is an amazing game and very underrated too.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 am

Got the game last friday and have been playing it for a couple of days now. Damn this game is fun! I like it much better than BL1 and im only around lvl19 now. Im playing an Axton and the turret is pretty damn sweet. I decided to do PT1 solo to learn the game and know where everythng is and when i reach PT2 ill go all out on the coop system. I just had to go through the Fridge for reasons i wont say cuz it might spoil some stuff but i noticed a jump in difficulty and i hope ill find some better guns soon.
    Ow and the lines some of those bandits say are just hillarious. If you kill those big bandit guys they say: i miss my midget!! lolol.

Spoiler:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 am

What does everyone think. Should I play my first game as Axton or Maya?
    ManiacDiscord
    ManiacDiscord
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ManiacDiscord Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:27 am

Garl_Vinland wrote:Apparently there is a reference to Solaire in the Caustic Caverns.
    A guy named Solitaire near a bonfire.

I will murder you in your sleep if this proves false....

Ah, who am I kidding, I have not found any refernces yet. I am so terrible at trying to find the minecraft one on my own its just sad.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:27 am

It is true and very much so confirmed!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:52 am

Maya, hands down, except for the one she uses to cast Phaselock.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 am

But I got a AK-47 looking rifle on my axton playthrough.... anywho anyone want to co op?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:04 am

Would love to, but I appear to be the only person on the forums with a PC good enough to run this.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:58 am

Lol I played through to the same point on Axton and Maya.... and between the two I just cannot decide.

Maya's power is far more useful for manipulating the battlefield and setting up sweet kills....

but Axton's turret is so hand and when playing through as him it really feels like being a real gunslinger
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:43 am

siren for sure viral, the commando is just as good at controlling the battlefield but the siren's abilities are cooler though.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:44 am

Quarik wrote:I may have discovered the most massively overpowered thing for my level. It's a shield you get for finishing a questline from Clayton (no spoilers), and it dealt more damage than my 7 shot magazine, 35*14 shotty. In less time. Without phaselock.

the corrosive shield i got in the cult missions is my favorite so far, love that thing.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:03 am

Love my Corrosive Shield.

Come at me, Rakks! Well What is it
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 am

this is the first game the i let myself get hit onpurpose because of that thing, its awesome. i have come accross a lot of fsniper rifles and two rocket launchers which i didnt like that much but damn i shouldve kep the corrosive and lightning one since i needed them on my last couple of missions, poo. i gotta start storing sstuff in the bank.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:33 am

Multiple Axton characters are awesome. Was in a game with 4 Axtons and everyone had their turrets set up differently. Mine has defensive shields, while other folks had rockets etc. So I'd throw mine out, and then everyone would throw theirs inside my shield area, and then they would just obliterate everything.

Another fun item was a unique fire shield I got that spams fire novas (with like a 1100 radius) whenever it is depleted, until it recharges. Combine this with a class mod for Axton that gives me a huge health bonus and really fast health regen so having no shield doesn't hurt much, and I can just suicide bomber my way through entire groups of foes.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Im loving the assassin tons of crit dmg and my ability can be used every few seconds
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 pm

befowler wrote:Multiple Axton characters are awesome. Was in a game with 4 Axtons and everyone had their turrets set up differently. Mine has defensive shields, while other folks had rockets etc. So I'd throw mine out, and then everyone would throw theirs inside my shield area, and then they would just obliterate everything.

Another fun item was a unique fire shield I got that spams fire novas (with like a 1100 radius) whenever it is depleted, until it recharges. Combine this with a class mod for Axton that gives me a huge health bonus and really fast health regen so having no shield doesn't hurt much, and I can just suicide bomber my way through entire groups of foes.

That's the shield I was talking about earlier. Also, I've discovered that you can kill people in duels with novas. If they get your shield down but don't kill you, and your nova can take what's left of their shield, the nova can go off after you lose and before the health resets. Much trolling has resulted from this.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Quarik wrote:That's the shield I was talking about earlier.

Ok, I didn't understand what you meant. I didn't know that Axton would get a shield for his turret.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm

You can harm yourself with your own grenades too, so all I did was get a grenade mod that turns into a little spinning fire spraying turret, and I stand there just long enough to set off my infinite fire novas, and then it's off to the races.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:22 pm