Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Azran Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:04 am

I'd love to see your reviews of the game, guys. I'm on the fence about purchasing it; haven't ever played the first one, but it sure seems fun.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:23 am

Looks good, but I doubt I get it right away. As much as I enjoyed what I played of the first Borderlands, I never completed the main story, and I still have all the DLCs to play as well. I don't remember what came along to make me lose interest, but that tends to happen with me alot. The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 2 3358384175
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:02 am

Azran wrote:I'd love to see your reviews of the game, guys. I'm on the fence about purchasing it; haven't ever played the first one, but it sure seems fun.

I'll be reviewing it soon after it comes out (As will several other forum members I bet), but keep in mind I may be slightly biased towards this amazing game. I'll still put it on a podium though, seeing as I've built such high exepctations for it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:11 am

Well its twice the size of the original borderlands according to one reviewer

.... but Ill need a team to do this thing. This wont be like the Monster Hunter....

So whoever wants to start a bit of a weekly Explodin' GunZ and Servered Limbs Fest then PM me or something like that!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:51 pm

I can't wait! I'll be playing as Zer0.

If you go on the official website and check the character pages, you can play around with their full skill trees. Some may consider that spoilers, but I think it's awesome! Based on their skills, my favorite characters are Salvador and Zero. After playing with the skill trees, I think I'll go for Zero, full melee. big grin

Site: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters
    ManiacDiscord
    ManiacDiscord
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ManiacDiscord Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Never played Borderlands, would you reccomend trying the first game or just get the second.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:08 pm

ManiacDiscord wrote:Never played Borderlands, would you reccomend trying the first game or just get the second.

Rent the new one.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 pm

I suggest playing the first game. There is a sort of GOTY version with all of th DLC on the cheap. In NZ its 50 dollars.....

So Blaine... or anyone who wants to do some co oping Ill be running a crowd control Maya... or Deception based Zer0. Probably Maya.....

JOIN THE FIGHT TO KILL HANDSOME JACK!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Well, if we play together, I'm Zer0, for sure! Can't have anyone stealing my melee kills, my whole offensive strategy will depend on it. silly

Playing around with the skill trees made me so excited for the game. I really can't wait now!

So far, this is what I'm planning my skills will be (got a screen cap):
    Spoiler:
    Now I just need to figure out the order in which I'll get my skills!

Edit: This is what my skills would be if I chose to play as Salvador:
    Spoiler:
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:37 am

BLA1NE wrote:Well, if we play together, I'm Zer0, for sure! Can't have anyone stealing my melee kills, my whole offensive strategy will depend on it. silly

Playing around with the skill trees made me so excited for the game. I really can't wait now!

So far, this is what I'm planning my skills will be (got a screen cap):
    Spoiler:
    Now I just need to figure out the order in which I'll get my skills!

Edit: This is what my skills would be if I chose to play as Salvador:
    Spoiler:

Why not make use of Zeros sniper skill tree? Mordecai could be highest dps class last game, and zero has the same capability here with the siper tree.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 am

Because I think Blaine wats to focus on setting up chained melee damage increase , getting up close and personal.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 am

^This. happy Looks to me like you can make Zero's melee strong as hell, and when you chain melee kills while deception is active you can prolong it. Seems like an interesting and fun way to play. But if I don't go the melee route, the sniper one was my next choice. I'm just not that fond of snipers, though, unless there are some semi-auto ones with relatively high rate of fire. So if I don't go Zero melee, I'll go with Salvador and tank!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 am

I have it preordered on both systems, because I'm a lunatic. Also, the live action commercial during the NFL games yesterday was absolutely awesome.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:13 am

BLA1NE wrote:^This. happy Looks to me like you can make Zero's melee strong as hell, and when you chain melee kills while deception is active you can prolong it. Seems like an interesting and fun way to play. But if I don't go the melee route, the sniper one was my next choice. I'm just not that fond of snipers, though, unless there are some semi-auto ones with relatively high rate of fire. So if I don't go Zero melee, I'll go with Salvador and tank!

But can't you remember the Bessie with the sniper skill tree from the first one? 600% critical damage which killed most things in one. AMAZING!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:27 am

I like Lilith from Borderlands. I have her Phase Walking every 20 seconds for ten seconds... regening health at a rate of 7% HP per sec for 10 seconds....so 70% HP per Phasewalk.

Not to mention regaining 6% Shield per kill and reducing my Phasewalk cool down by 6 seconds per kill.....

NOT TO MENTION PHOENIX!

Now if I can chain skills like that on Maya then Borderlands II will be so good!
    Massiren

Post by Massiren Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:56 am

I bought Borderlands at the same time that I bought Dark Souls- rather recently- so it hasn't been played on a great deal yet. However,I am going to buy Borderlands 2 as soon as I can. I know a couple of people who are going to play so I don't wanna be left out like I was with the first one.

I started my first playthrough as Mordecai as I just love sniper rifles, but the siren skill tree seems quite appealing. Hmm, must try to complete or at least complete a considerable amount before the 21st.

I'm obviously going to play as Zer0 in Borderlands 2 but I do want to try and play as all characters. Also interested by the Mechromancer but I'll have to see what the funds will be like nearer to the time.

Last edited by Massiren on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pressed send too early.)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 am

Massiren wrote:I bought Borderlands at the same time that I bought Dark Souls- ratherbrecently- so it hasn't beenbplayed on a great deal yet. However,I am going to buy Borderlands 2 as soon as I can. I know a couple of people who are going to play so I don't wanna be left out like I was with the first one.

I started my first playthrough as Mordecai as I just love sniper rifles, but the siren skill tree seems quite appealing. Hmm, must try to complete or at least complete a considerable amount before the 21st.

Siren is just such a good class but i really relagates to fast firing weapons like SMG's as few other weapons really recieve the benefits that SMG's get

oh and from my last post

"I like Lilith from Borderlands. I have her Phase Walking every 20 seconds for ten seconds... regening health at a rate of 7% HP per sec for 10 seconds....so 70% HP per Phasewalk.

Not to mention regaining 6% Shield per kill and reducing my Phasewalk cool down by 6 seconds per kill....."

BOOOM!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:07 am

Now that Ive seen Maya's Skills I have a pretty good build in mind with the express purpose of layering on as many types of element damage on targets as possible while quickening the recharge of my Phaselock.

Basically on a utility level my shields are better and regenerate faster than most others, my elemental chance is 30% better, and phaselocking deals fire damage while re directing element bullets and drawing in close targets.... not to mention using Ruin to layer on Slag, Corrosive, and Fire Damage/.....

and if anything does get close to me then Ill have elemental SMG's and Blight Phoenix to take them down.... so all in all this play style will be awesome!
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:25 am

My plan is focusing on massing critical hits with snipers using zer0, and increasing bullet penetration and speed to kill enemies far more efficiently. Then I'll use a health boost and then move like water in order to achieve massive sniper/melee combos.

I'm gonna set myself the challenge I had for BL though which is to get each character to max level within two weeks of release.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 am

Digitalyzed wrote:My plan is focusing on massing critical hits with snipers using zer0, and increasing bullet penetration and speed to kill enemies far more efficiently. Then I'll use a health boost and then move like water in order to achieve massive sniper/melee combos.

I'm gonna set myself the challenge I had for BL though which is to get each character to max level within two weeks of release.

Sounds great I just cleared Clap Traps Revolution.... and Im rocking the rapid healing Phase walks, kill shield Regen, and already have an extremely high level Hellfire Combustion SMG (the legendary one) .

If I can get Maya even half way as powerful as Lilith this game will be awesome.!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 am

I'll probably do a cunning/bloodshed pure melee Zero,it's so gonna be awesome :p
    Plus Death Mark's awesome in Coop,20% MOAR damage for 8 seconds?Yes please!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:44 am

I didn't like Death Mark. Looks like it would potentially allow my partners to steal my kills, which means less melee kills for me, which means less Deception re-fill. It looks like I'd be losing across the board with that skill!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:22 am

'cause you think you can OS a boss? xD
    Beside,against enemies you can't kill with 2 slices,you'll need your buddies to save you from getting powned while Decepti0n is in cooldown.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:07 pm

That's a good point. From the trailers, the minute-to-minute gameplay looked pretty chaotic, with enemies coming at you from everywhere--that's what I had in mind when I was playing with the skill tree. Of course, I'll probably change my plan once I actually get the game in my hands!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Its really hard to maximise my skills in only 51 levels.......

I mean I need Ruin so I can layer of plenty of elemental damage, I need converge to draw my enemies together, and Spark and Helios to up my critical chance and fire damage....

but how do i fit all the other skills togther?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:11 am