Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Rin
FellipeMariano
Spurgun
Hoshizoku
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
The_Flail
Kirk-Barb
hageshisa
HippyClown
DoughGuy
cloudyeki
Jansports
Shkar
twilightwarwolf
billy_bayonet
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Wilkinson3424
WyrmHero
23 posters

Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

Poll

Which is the most sensible points cap?

[ 6 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap26%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap41%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [41%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 Empty Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

Post by Wilkinson3424 Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:37 pm

11 people want a cap,
    6 don't, problem is we dont know which cap to use >.<
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 3 Empty Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

Post by dancash1808 Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Really there should have been some kind of alternative to the cap
    "Not a cap but a different solution"
    and "keep things as they are but adjust the numbers"
    would have been good to have separated.

Oh and favouring people with better internet literally cannot be helped without breaking the system. better web means faster fights faster fights means more points *shrugs*
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Ok, let me just point this out. Last war the NK + LH scored 1930 points. Pretty good right? The DS + GS, without Amos and Servant scored 1600 points, with 7 less people. So lets ignore those people and do some averages. The NK scored about 100 per person, while the DS scored about 130 per person. So if we look at the system without 2 massively OP people, it really is balanced because the NK will always have more people than the DS. Its just high scoring people keep *** the system up (no offence guys).
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Ok, let me just point this out. Last war the NK + LH scored 1930 points. Pretty good right? The DS + GS, without Amos and Servant scored 1600 points, with 7 less people. So lets ignore those people and do some averages. The NK scored about 100 per person, while the DS scored about 130 per person. So if we look at the system without 2 massively OP people, it really is balanced because the NK will always have more people than the DS. Its just high scoring people keep *** the system up (no offence guys).

Wasn't there a high scorer on the NK/LH side as well?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 pm

The cap is the most simple solution if we want to keep the current war system. Improvements to the points system can be made, but as always there are many variables (faster internet, time zone, type of covenant, ect.). The cap limits the number of variables amd simplifies things.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 pm

+1 wyrm, well spoke.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Shkar. the high scorer for the LH/NK team was SPURGUN (and my sleep deprivation) . he pulled in a few hundred.
    Bleh. it feels like the easy solution not the best one. but I guess I havent come up with anything better....

Last edited by dancash1808 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 pm

You may want to rethink that statement Dan silly
    Yeah spurgun scored 476, but I kept him in there. Maybe that was a bad idea. Hmmmm.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:09 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Shkar. the high scorer for the LH/NK team was shkar. he pulled in a few hundred.
    Bleh. it feels like the easy solution not the best one. but I guess I havent come up with anything better....

I meant aside from me. I mean, jeez. Really, the other people have no excuse. I mean, if I can pull in, what, 5, 6 hundred (?) in one hour, they should be able to do more.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Well taking spurgun out drops the NK score to 1450, and each person scoring an average of 75 points. Which is a lot worse lol.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Lols, but darkstalkers have what? 6 members and no allies? unless there is bounty for taking out other forum goers you have an autowin on the xbox. especially with a point cap lol
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am

Viral, Hoshi and I did some brainstorming tonight in the NK chat about this. Here is what we came up with. Don't worry Robb I cut all the claymore jokes silly

[10:12:47 PM] Points cap is simple and in their favor
    [10:12:47 PM] Hoshi: So who cares about the few who get ***
    [10:13:17 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": ok then. Do you have an idea of another way to solve it?
    [10:13:27 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": Just improve the scoring system more?
    [10:13:34 PM] Hoshi: Adjust the points
    [10:14:05 PM] Hoshi: Takes longer, is harder. But fair to all
    [10:15:05 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": the hard part about the scoring system is, what if I adjust it to account for servant and amos, but then one doesnt show up and the NK win by 6-700?
    [10:16:02 PM] Hoshi: Rechange them. One set with ultra pointers, one without
    [10:16:42 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": Are you saying I should choose which scoring system to use only after the event is finished?
    [10:16:50 PM] Hoshi: An I guess they'll say before if they can be on or not
    [10:17:11 PM] Robb the "Ensign_": i think our wars should not be decided in one round
    [10:17:12 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": People put their name down and dont show up all the time
    [10:17:32 PM] Robb the "Ensign_": rounds should be worth points
    [10:18:02 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": How long is a round?
    [10:18:26 PM] Hoshi: We in the nk had some good runners like you, Adam, too
    [10:18:51 PM] Hoshi: But it was just impossible to reach the points with the scoring
    [10:18:52 PM] Robb the "Ensign_": i have yet to figure out the theory behind this system i suggest... bear with me
    [10:18:58 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": ok
    [10:19:15 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": Yeah but hoshi when you think about it, 14 points an hour isnt that impressive xD
    [10:19:30 PM] Hoshi: The cov with the hardest working wins. No matter if it's because they had no time
    [10:20:15 PM] Hoshi: Next war it can change
    [10:20:46 PM] Hoshi: Every player shld be able to get the same points, in the same time
    [10:20:55 PM] Hoshi: And effort wins.
    [10:21:58 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": Ok. So for the next war what we need is a gorup
    of people, a week beforehand, to around the clock slectively (so during american, european and oceanic hours separately) to spend an hour doing their thing
    [10:22:16 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": From there we figure out an average points per hour, make it the same forboth sides and make that the system
    [10:22:18 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": Sound good?
    [10:22:30 PM] Hoshi: Yea
    [10:22:37 PM] Hoshi: That's what I posted too
    [10:22:51 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": right. Lemme finish the report and Ill post that. Ill ackowledge you as my inspiration xD
    [10:24:57 PM] Hoshi: And those who complain because they don't have time is their personal problem
    [10:25:38 PM] Robb the "Ensign_": im not worried i never score the cap anyway
    [10:25:48 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": Oh i do want to hear robbs idea as well
    [10:25:59 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": Because the 2 arent mutually exclusive
    [10:26:27 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": If we divide the event into 8 hour rounds consisting of american, european and oceania, it allows us to account for lowered co-op times where invasions remain constant
    [10:26:41 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": We can have 3 separate scoring systems

Last edited by DoughGuy on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 am

You cut out the line where viral admits he loves claymore in his butt D:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:33 am

I appeared twice in that exchange and niether time did i mention claymores....did I?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 am

[10:19:30 PM] Robb the "Ensign_": God claymore in the butt feels good. <- Originally omitted from the convo
    You saw it here first folks silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 am

DoughGuy wrote:[10:19:30 PM] Robb the "Ensign_": God claymore in the butt feels good. <- Originally omitted from the convo

Lol even Im surprised I said that.... I must be tired.king
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am

Or drunk again lol!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:41 am

DoughGuy wrote:Or drunk again lol!

Two things..... when the hell is 19:10:30? because I sure as hell didnt post then....

and our primary convo happened at 12 Pm for me? even witht he time delays....... that doesnt add up.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am

Um, read it again lo. 10:19:30 is when you said it.
    And yeah, skype uses your own timezone, not any other.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am

DoughGuy wrote:Um, read it again lo. 10:19:30 is when you said it.
    And yeah, skype uses your own timezone, not any other.

Im too tired to argue with you....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am

Fair enough.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 am

In principle what hoshi said I agree with. time put in should determine the victor. however skill is a factor which unbalances that, and if anything I think NK need a better score multiplier than simply what they could get in the time since you cant persuade hosts to go quickly really...
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 am

But a pvp fight can take longer too.. the host can run away or just give a good fight happy so it's kinda even
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:[10:19:30 PM] Robb the "Ensign_": God claymore in the butt feels good. <- Originally omitted from the convo

Lol even Im surprised I said that.... I must be tired.king

lol!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 pm

So it seems almost everyone wants the points cap. Can we agree on the 400 for 24 hours?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:24 pm