Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Rin
FellipeMariano
Spurgun
Hoshizoku
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
The_Flail
Kirk-Barb
hageshisa
HippyClown
DoughGuy
cloudyeki
Jansports
Shkar
twilightwarwolf
billy_bayonet
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Wilkinson3424
WyrmHero
23 posters

Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

Poll

Which is the most sensible points cap?

[ 6 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap22%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap26%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap41%Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [41%] 

Total Votes: 27
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 Empty Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

Post by dancash1808 Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:45 pm

WyrmHero wrote:So it seems almost everyone wants the points cap. Can we agree on the 400 for 24 hours?

The majority seem to yes. however I would point out that 70% is not Almost everyone by a very long shot. lol! and no cap was the most popular option until recently xD
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars. - Page 4 Empty Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm

I still haven't voted silly

I'm voting for no cap.
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:57 pm

My opinion is that must be a cap of 300pt per person. The total points of all covenant members must be added together and splited between the total number of member participating in the war... this way we can have a mid-point base of the covenant, and the covenant with more members will not be injuried in the process (and can be competitive with major covenants).

Ex: A covenant has 6 members. 2 made 10 points, 2 made 35 points, one made 100 points and one made 300 points... total: 490. Splited between 6 members: 81,666 points per member. So that will be the score of the covenant in the war.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:01 pm

But that encourages victory through poor attendance :/
    I would enter my covenant of one and cap. then I would be essentially unbeatable under that system.
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:08 pm

dancash1808 wrote:But that encourages victory through poor attendance :/
    I would enter my covenant of one and cap. then I would be essentially unbeatable under that system.

Not neccesarly. Maybe we can make some sort of rule like, at least 30% of the covenant members should atend to the war (if less than that atend, the amount used in the split will be 30%).

This way the covenants will have to send at least some member to war, and the ones with lot of members will have to select the better ones or risk score less. I think it's fair.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:09 pm

We'll see what happens once we implement it. We also have to establish a single SL cap for all participants, I vote for SL 80.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Or 3 different SL caps, 55~60, 80 and 100. Thing is if we want to encounter each other randomly we probably won't if I'm SL 100 vs SL 55.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:14 pm

FellipeMariano wrote:
    Not neccesarly. Maybe we can make some sort of rule like, at least 30% of the covenant members should attend to the war (if less than that attend, the amount used in the split will be 30%).

This way the covenants will have to send at least some member to war, and the ones with lot of members will have to select the better ones or risk score less. I think it's fair.

The only problem I see is that.... we dont have the numbers to be eliteist. I think this system penalises partially active members too much.
    Wasnt the entire point of this system to make things easier on those who dont have the time to grind out a huge score. what you propose would do the reverse.

(no offence to you. I think your Idea would work great if we had more people. )
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:18 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Or 3 different SL caps, 55~60, 80 and 100. Thing is if we want to encounter each other randomly we probably won't if I'm SL 100 vs SL 55.

The SL cap thing may not work, for example, Darkstalkers have a SL cap of 55... so, every war they participate will capped at 55 for all covenants?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:23 pm

The thing about the wars is to encounter each other randomly. Past wars I fought vs Billy, Viral, Glatts and Reim. They were SL 55 and I was SL 80. Doesn't always work and it wasn't fair for them. + I think SL 55 suck because I can only make elemental builds.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Spurgun wrote:I still haven't voted silly

I'm voting for no cap.

Bahhh that because your a teenager and you have more free time spur that you should spend on revision spur and other more illegal things! silly

@Wyrm- I still dont understand why dm get 2x the points dw get... :|

Also i would rather use a mathematical system of checking score, asking everyone that participates in the event to note the exact time they spent invading and then using that to check if their score is valid unless the cap is just to stop the people that have too much time *cough* spur *cough* amos *cough* from making the points too unbalanced...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 pm

^LOL. I think that's too much rin, we really rely on the honesty of the participants. And DMs score x2 because we get lots of fails with the BEO.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 pm

GET IN THERE! HONORABLE MENTION! Rin, haven't you heard that I have refused to play in anymore wars... The problem is gone.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:40 pm

You aren't the only one that score high amos...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:42 pm

I am aware, however I am the only one who runs a glass nuke - just ban that tactic and the only reason that people will score high is if they are good at the game and have a decent amount of time to participate.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:45 pm

I don't want to ban builds, it's too complicated.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Fails?! So, i get to fight people that can be 8x my level...
    The fact anyone picks the BEO for a sl 80 events is beyond me, if the BEO vades down you can only hope for a player that has the sl of about 1-80 as a DW its about 80-700+ so its only your own mistake for picking a method of invasion that is handicapped by the sl range of an event...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Then no points cap Shrug Possibly limit the time that the war is? You can only count points for a 5 hour period.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:48 pm

^Not fair for guys with different time zones.

@Rin, that's why I'm trying to discuss the different SL caps and propose 1 or 3 SL caps.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:52 pm

It is fair for timezones... Just lets say 5pm-10pm GMT 5pm-10pm EST etc;

Idk...
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Eint realy fair for anyone that works, special if they work nights....
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Or if I live in Japan and whole war is 5:00 am ~ 10:00 am my time.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Kk any 5 hour period. The person posts on the thread when they are beginning that period. after 5 hours they post their score.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Why dont you have a cap on points or time that can be earned via fighting randomers or a time cap perhaps + any number you get from fighting forum goers which could go over the points cap if you see what I mean

So say the points cap was 300 I would get 287 say from invading and 30 from fighting forum goers. giving me 317. this means that people have an incentive to meet up and fight and it also limits the amount of worries about the legitimacy as others will have witnessed their level of activity.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Time is not the only variable that affect points amos. You can easily get 400 points in 5 hours while me as DM only get 50.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:29 am