Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! - Page 23 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Zyrrashijn Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 am

Upon environmental ganking...

Yesterday i went into the Kiln for the first time in my career (yep, i'm noob) and did some exploring and farming some nice weapons for my Viking build (BKGA and BKGS 2HRB rocks!) afterwards. On my third run i get invaded and i'm "ok, lets do this". I'm looking around, but the invader doesn't show up. I go searching him and find him standing next to the BKGABK (geez, i love these short forms big grin), waiting for me. That guy must have been mistaking me for a complete fool, so i PvP tales! - Page 23 3596227959 and wait. He finally throws a bunch of buffs on his Uchi and comes for me, not bowing or anything. We start struggling and i get in some nice hits with my BKGS+5, but just as i'm about to land the final blow, he turns and runs back into the shelter of the BK, popping a humanity. I think, ok, an have a nice sib of my mead, then PvP tales! - Page 23 3358384175 and wait. He comes again, after rebuffing, story repeats, he's near dead, turns and hides, pops humanity. This time i go after him, but he's faster, so i had to take out the BK first, before we struggle again, and he runs of to the next knight. At some point i got tired and my concentration went nuts, so he finally BSed me to death. Right after getting my guts back, i went to the parish and had Oswald hand me an indictment for the first time in my dark souls career.

Man, there's no honor left these days... :roll:
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 am

Well, about honor- he invaded you to kill you. Not duel, per se, but to kill. So you can't say there's no honor: you didn't summon him, he invaded.

I would have said that too, of course. Shrug
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 am

yeah i know, t'was cowardish though. But i don't rant about those occassions, so read my tale with irony toggled on :-) just wanted to share
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 am

Twas' a good tale. big grin
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 am

I used cracked red eye orbs to invade in the forest.I spawn in to see a bunch of items by the cliff so,naturally,I ran like hell.A few minutes later,the host messages me saying I was "super cold bro" for not looking at the gifts and he was by the entrance.I run back and go to the stairs and he pops out at me with the fog ring and a large club.Then he rolled backwards to dodge me,right off the cliff.He hasn't replied to my chuckling message. big grin
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 am

The Letter X wrote:I am currently dual wielding the Broadsword in my right hand and the Falchion in my left hand. This is perhaps the most fun I've ever had in PvP. The combos I can pull off with these things are both stylish and deadly. The Broadsword's R2s let me cover distance quickly and the Falchion always gives me an extra hit.

I am continuing to find great dual wielding techniques and combinations, and I hate hearing how "unviable" it is.

What kind of build do you use for this? A quality build? And how do you usually cope with no shield and things like spears?
    I would love to hear things from good dual wielders.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:30 am

http://www.twitch.tv/flickerflare/c/2008007
    My average PvP battle.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 am

Sneezer wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:I am currently dual wielding the Broadsword in my right hand and the Falchion in my left hand. This is perhaps the most fun I've ever had in PvP. The combos I can pull off with these things are both stylish and deadly. The Broadsword's R2s let me cover distance quickly and the Falchion always gives me an extra hit.

I am continuing to find great dual wielding techniques and combinations, and I hate hearing how "unviable" it is.

What kind of build do you use for this? A quality build? And how do you usually cope with no shield and things like spears?
    I would love to hear things from good dual wielders.

It's a 40/40 build at SL 126, but a quality build would work fine. Dodging, kicking, blocking with your weapon, and waiting for openings are basically all I can say for no shield gameplay. I can't even tell you the difference since I've never used a shield in PvP. When I see a spear I change equipment according to what my opponent is doing. If they are just poking and rolling I pull out a katana and spam running R1s or pull out a spear myself. If they are turtling I sprint at them while blocking and pivot-BS them.

Let me stress the kick a bit more. I use the kick to stop heavy hitting weapons are any weapon with a long windup. I also use it to punish parry spam or any parry attempt I see coming my way. It's also useful for BS fishers. I normally put a curved sword, rapier, or katana in my offhand for a free hit after the kick (but spears and daggers also work). I think curved swords are best in the offhand however since they have the fastest L1 speed and what seems to be one of the fastest recovery times in the game for hitting then rolling away.

If you manage to parry while dual wielding, swing your offhand weapon if it won't break your opponent's poise then riposte.

I am much better at just going shieldless and two-handing the weapon I am using, but dual wielding is very stylish and fun to do. Shrug
    BlazingSoul

Post by BlazingSoul Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm

I invaded in the forest one day, and I see the host standing still. I, as a honourable fool, wait for him to do something so I know hes in the game, and not idle.

When he moves, he pulls the Well What is it gesture, and summons a sunbro. I'm like, "ok, maybe I can kill him before the summon gets here." I get behind him and get a good backstab, but then I see his health didn't go down at all, so I realize hes hacking/modding whatever. I'm like "sheet, I'm not gonna deal with a hacker" and make a run for it. I run to the bridge, and go down the ladder that leads into the basin, my intention here was to knock the hacker down the river and kill him. When I start to go down the ladder, he does his running attack for some dumbass reason, and falls in the river, killing himself. I laughed so hard, that my dad looked at me wierdly lol!

Other story is that I invaded Sens Fortress, where I looked for the host for sometime, and realized he had a summon aswell. When I got to fight him, I saw the summon was Iron Tarkus. Tarkus did his two handed strong attack, and hit THROUGH my +15 shield, and did 1940 dmg. I have 1950 HP, so I was in total shock. I ended up getting killed by the host, who basicly just spammed his spear in a tiny hallway.

Also, I got one shotted once with a Crystal Greatsword, whic I think is hacked aswell.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:22 pm

So I was using my fast rolling pyro get up and I got invaded by a catbro in the forest. As soon as they spawned they went in for a hornet stab and ppulled one off. Then they chipped away even more by ninja flipping and poking. And then I managed to back myself right up to the very ledge over by where the brigand was and pop a humanity. At that point the invader starts spamming every kind of god damn spell imaginable, just shot after shot, all of which I dodged. Somehow I managed to get them down to a low amount of health and then I get invaded again and they run off and heal while the new invader stunlock spammed and then the old one just spammed CSS and dark magic to kill me. Then of course they have the nerve to gesture at me. So when I spawned and everything, I got on my havels' chest, legs and +5 GS and pulled out my CoD, bellowing ring, Manus catalyst and 8 slots of dark bead and waited for them to invade again. They did, and I destroyed them and gestured right back at them. Felt good.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Last night in the Burg I Darkmoon invaded a guy who was naked except for a mask of the father wielding a great club. He was running around in circles down in the pvp square doing this voodoo shaky dance thing. He crushed me every time I showed up and threw me a PvP tales! - Page 23 3596227959after each match. So I stripped down to a rag bikini and threw on the sack and armed my self with my trusty reinforced fire club and invaded him for a few more fights. I never won but I started getting PvP tales! - Page 23 3149687655after I went for it on his terms or as close as I could get. One of the things I love about this community is all the crazy stuff you run into. Sure there are trends ad nauseum but there is also a lot of cool crazy suff. happy
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:01 am

I met my first giftwraith in the forest tonight.The first time he invaded me,he looked around him,saw me bowing and black crystalled out so I figured he was looking for gankers.

A little while later,he invades again so I bow.He stands staring at me for a moment and then black crystals so I facepalm.Then I notice the little glow behind where he stood.I find 90 of each slab just sitting there,a gift for not ganking him.Felt pretty awesome. big grin
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 am

Started a new file maybe an hour ago or so. I get to level 17 and have my first invasion. He was in full giants with a lightning zwei, mask of the child and grass crest shield. As soon as he spawned he ran in for a backstab and one shot me. Then he gestured at me. Really?

I thought it would be a one time thing, but then the second guy comes at me with a giants helm and no other armor and a fire shotel. I hit him for 14 damage while he got me for over 300 damage. How the hell does that even work?
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 am

GenericUsername wrote:Started a new file maybe an hour ago or so. I get to level 17 and have my first invasion. He was in full giants with a lightning zwei, mask of the child and grass crest shield. As soon as he spawned he ran in for a backstab and one shot me. Then he gestured at me. Really?

I thought it would be a one time thing, but then the second guy comes at me with a giants helm and no other armor and a fire shotel. I hit him for 14 damage while he got me for over 300 damage. How the hell does that even work?

His defence negates most of your damage,that's why it's almost impossible to kill griefers.I'd recommend avoiding human form until you have a +10 weapon.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 am

KrazykevS10 wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:Started a new file maybe an hour ago or so. I get to level 17 and have my first invasion. He was in full giants with a lightning zwei, mask of the child and grass crest shield. As soon as he spawned he ran in for a backstab and one shot me. Then he gestured at me. Really?

His defence negates most of your damage,that's why it's almost impossible to kill griefers.I'd recommend avoiding human form until you have a +10 weapon.

I meant the guy in no armor. Only a giants helm. I hit him with the drake sword and it did 14 damage.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 am

Hmm,after checking Mugen he could have had 221 physical defence(99 humanity with ring of steel protection).It's a bit of a longshot but it doesn't change the fact that he was obviously being a douche.It's a risk you have to take when in human form,all griefers are nooby anyway so don't let it get to you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

Heck, when I'm questing, I don't go human until I get to Solaire's Bonfire. Then I do Duke's use up a Ring of Sacrifice. I purposely get killed by the serpents to make the bell go away and put the octupi in the room. I go human at the main bonfire in Dukes (prevents me from being invaded until I get to that important bonfire). Then, I stay human.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:44 am

GenericUserame,I think now how you felt.
    I just got invaded by a guy in the forest,he didn't spawn in the usual Darkwraith place,but instead somewhere behind me.I have 40 Dexterity and 27 Strength with a +15 halberd buffed with charcoal resin.He has full Smough's,a greatshield,Artorias' greatsword and a rapier and could fast roll(I think).I did a whole 100 damage per hit.I'm not proud of it but after hitting him 6 times without even moving his health bar,I dashboarded.Do I want to fight a questionably obtained super tank? Hell no! sad
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:GenericUserame,I think now how you felt.
    I just got invaded by a guy in the forest,he didn't spawn in the usual Darkwraith place,but instead somewhere behind me.I have 40 Dexterity and 27 Strength with a +15 halberd buffed with charcoal resin.He has full Smough's,a greatshield,Artorias' greatsword and a rapier and could fast roll(I think).I did a whole 100 damage per hit.I'm not proud of it but after hitting him 6 times without even moving his health bar,I dashboarded.Do I want to fight a questionably obtained super tank? Hell no! sad

Yeah I've hardly run into any hackers, but I seriously wish there were no level restrictions sometimes just so I can hop on my level 376 and wreck that original full giant jerk with a mid rolling dark magic spewing Havel. Actually I think I will just go on there and head over to the parish now and set up shop.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 am

There i was yesterday taking the first steps in NG+ with my Nordic Warrior and i put down my WSS in the undead Burg just outside the first Bonfire. After a few moments, i'm getting summoned by a guy that says: "I'm waiting for a friend to summon." I'm ok with that and so we wait a while. Suddenly, a black phantom emerges right in the middle of where we're waiting. The invader looked quite fierce so i grab my Firehammer to drive him away from the Host. I get some hits in and the invader starts retreating over the narrow bridge. I strike in two Lightning Spears before he gets out of sight, then i place myself at the end of the bridge like "Thou shall not pass!" We see the invader running around on the other side, entering the rooftops until host pulls out Goughs Greatbow. Finally, we get his friend summoned and after a short briefing, we cross the bridge. Invader drops from the rooftop after we passed the stairs and i turn and stop him while the other summon enters the roof via ladder. Just as the invader realizes whats going on, that Dragonhead plunges down on him and he is trapped on that narrow staircase between the two of us. Needless to say, we wrapped the stairs with him without even losing health and went on killing the Taurus in a double-plunge. Great fun!
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 am

Last night, I was running through the inner part of the forest, near the moonlight butterfly. There, I see an invasion sign. I activate the sign and a moment later pops out a player, dressed in a skirt and armed with a scythe in his (it was a female character, but I always assume is dude anyway) right hand and a gardner trident in his left hand.
    "An interesting character design" I thought to myself. I bowed and expected the fight to begin. Instead he starts running amok, cutting down every plant in the forest area. There I stand, speechless, thinking to myself "What the hell is he doing?!" His strange behavior appeared to anger a forest giant, and of course, with me as the host, it found it appropriate to blame me.

Finally the invader (Or gardner hollow/hillbilly hollow which I started to call him from there on out) placed himself on the exact same place where he was summoned. Now he deemed himself ready to fight.

Armed with my dragonslayer spear in my right hand and a painted guardian blade in my left hand, I carefully walked from side to side, waiting to see what my opponent is made of. The invader stabs after me with his trident, and makes some clumsy, adorable and downright cute movements. It really made me smile the way he jumped from side to side, often falling on his stomach whenever he was trying to hit me with a critical hit.
    I shook my head, and prepared a two-handed heavy hit with my spear. Deliberately missing my first hit, where in my opponent moved in to scored a hit, not realizing I was preparing my second heavy hit.
    I launch him into the air (It always feel so rewarding when you score such a hit) and walk backwards to allow him to stand up and prepare himself for the next phase of the fight. He stab after me with his trident a few times, all of which I fail to parry. I return the favor by stabbing him with my spear.

Almost dead, he walk around, looking for an open window. By now, I really took him for granted. I teased and played with him. I would soon pay for this.
    He charge after me, successfully hitting, due to me being to teasing, I wouldn't even move out of the way. He stuns me and let loose hell of a lot of stabs, eating away my health. By then, I thought I was a goner. That was until his stamina ran low, allowing me to roll away with only about 20 HP left (out of 1900).
    Now I realize I better end this fight before I end up meeting my end, myself. I land in a bunch of successful hits from a distance, and kill him. Of course I bowed politely down, showing my respect for this truly extraordinary fight.

I tip my hat for you gardner hollow/hillbilly hollow. I took you for granted at first, but you changed my mind in the end.

(On a sidenote, I was (and still is) SL120 at this point)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Once I got invaded, and the invader did nothing but teleport around. He wasn't even moving. He was just teleporting. Then, everytime I backstabed him he cancelled it with another backstab. he must've know what was going on, because he did nothing but toy with me for a couple minutes.

I hate lag...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 am

First close call match in the painted world. Nothing much got trapped by a gravelord blade r1 and out of curiosity I switched to the lifehunt scythe and kill him in one hit with the two hand r2 with 38hp left. First kill with it, so I'm adding it to my weaponry for PvP.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:56 am

So I was trying out a midrolling SRT build yesterday, taking a stroll trough Anor Londo I get invaded as I'm fighting off some silver knights and it was a guy in thieve's set and a dagger, I immediately think "BS". he runs off to where the sentinels are and spams "Well what is it"s and after noticing I'm not buying that he comes to where I am, after leading him to the top of the staircase so I have more room to manouver and he didnt atack me normally even ONCE, just circled around me trying to get a BS, or throwing **** to get me on toxic status. He ran off to the sentinels and healed every single time I hit him as my HP was still full. so after what seemed to be 8 humanities he gets a BS on me and I see the hornet ring animation, instakill. he spams shrugs and seconds later he sends me a msg "You lose *****",

Last edited by reim0027 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted racial stereotype)
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 am

Last night, I invaded the forest outside of the forest hunters territory. What I stumbled upon, was a bit of an odd gank.
    I entered the world of the host, and lo and behold, there stands another invading player. I cautiously approached him to insure he would not see me as a threat to him. However, behind him pops up a dragonslayer spear and I instantly yell out "Look out, buddy! Behind you!"
    But, the host had no intention of killing him. Instead, he walked up besides him. I say to myself "Hmm, I guess they are in the middle of a fight. I better stay back, and let them duel peacefully". I bow to show that I can be trusted.

However, while in the middle of my bow, the host prepares to shoot a crystal soul spear after me. I just barely manage to dodge it. The other invader charge towards me by the command of the host. It is then I realize that these guys are either friends, or they just formed a temporarily alliance. Either way, the other invader made it crystal clear to me, that he had zero tolerance for my existence, and tried to attack me without thinking things through. He missed all the times, allowing me to heavily damage him.
    That was until the host came charging at me with a katana. Fighting both at once would be suicide, so I retreated to come up with a plan.

I ran down to the top of darkroot basin. I knew that in a narrow ledge, I would have the upper hand. The invader healed himself with humanity and the two of them proceeded to follow me. The host tried to shoot a crystal soul spear, only to miss horribly due to the hosts location. The host obviously knew it would be suicide to take me head on, since he was only wearing the full gold hemmed set. Instead, he pointed to he invader to go deal with me.
    Without further ado, the invader blindly followed the hosts instructions. I smiled to myself, knowing how this was going to end. He came running towards me.
    Once didn't try to attack me, but rather tried to get behind me. BIG MISTAKE. I threatened him with a few warning stabs, and once he tried to get behind me, by standing RIGHT on the edge.
    I grabbed the chance and "Sparta kicked" him off the edge.
    That was the very first time that trick have ever worked for me, and god it felt good.

The host stood silent for a moment, for what I could only imagine was for a facepalm behind the screen, due to his friends massive incompetence.
    He then proceeded to shoot poorly aimed crystal soul arrows after me, not even getting close to hit me. I climbed up to him with ease, all the while the host tried to shoot me with various magic. I now got him trapped in the crossroad between the darkroot garden and the darkroot basin. He tried to escape to a much wider area, but I blocked his path.
    He kept light rolling into walls and obstacles. A truly entertaining sight.
    Despite the pathetic attempt to escape, I decided this fight had lasted long enough. So I let loose I powerhouse of attacks, easily killing the host.
    Ignorantly and quite ****, I throw in a "Ya? What is it?" taunt.

I got indicted for this, obviously. But it was worth it, no doubt.

(Geez, these tales get much longer then I anticipate them to be)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:24 am