Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Rudmed
MediocritasAurea
ThatPerson
JohnnyHarpoon
ViralEnsign_
Wilkinson3424
ublug
The Letter X
Artoriasflagg
Deathsitexxi
Mr. Tart
ICEFANG
DoughGuy
17 posters

DLC Rambling time

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

DLC Rambling time - Page 2 Empty Re: DLC Rambling time

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Nah man, it's totally legit to ask that. That whole lower area of the forest seems to have disappeared. Perhaps it was merely flooded, hence only the river being there in the future?

Also, if a Primordial Serpent started all this, you'd think, even ifthey were trying to cover it all up, they clould have slipped in a, "DON'T TRUST THE PRIMORDIAL SERPENT!" instead of subsequently drowning an entire city of people. I hope Artorias' honor was worth it all of their lives.

Last edited by JohnnyHarpoon on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Well apparently Ive goten confused and imagined a city where there wasnt one. Let me talk to spectre tomorrow and see if I can nail down what he was talking about further.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Actually, in the DLC you can see some of the Oolacile structures while in the Royal Woods aka Darkroot Garden. But in the ''future''/not so much the past you cannot. Any thought on that?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Buildings collapsed probably. Got destroyed by time/people getting rid of Oolacile and what it meant.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Even then, shouldn't atleast part of the remains be visible? Unless the abyss somehow still corrupted and destroyed the town? I mean, killing Manus doesn't exactly destroy the abyss or anything. Shrug
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm just going to go out on a limp here. But while in the Royal Woods, the closer you get to Oolacile, the more destroyed the area gets(aka you can see the abyss etc). Now, what if the abyss is like acid, and basically burns everything out? That could explain why the structures are not visible either.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    Deathsitexxi wrote:
    ublug wrote:Well, the Sunlight Blade description could be interpreted as if he chose dark over light.
    When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell.

But, the Great Lightning Spear description could go either way, depending on if you take the term 'arms' literal, or interpret 'arms' as weapons. Manus has indeed quite an arm.
    The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else.

I would say it is definitely referencing weapons/war with the "arms" quote lol but that would be hilarious if it really meant his arms lol. You can see him doing push-ups all day and Gywn being like "Hey, hey son... we gotta get out there and stop this Abyss thing." and he being like "OMFG DAD you messed up my count again GTFO"

On a more serious note, the whole inherited the sunlight from Lord Gywn could also go either way. One thing that might back it up is the Great Lord Great Sword description...

Greatsword born from the soul of Gwyn,
    Lord of Cinder. As bearer of the ultimate
    soul, Gwyn wielded the bolts of the sun,
    but before linking the fire, divided that
    power amongst his children, and set off with
    only this great sword as his companion.

This makes it seem like ALL of his children (which would include the GoW) got a piece of his power. Which is where the inherited the sunlight business came from.

As for this, I think it's pretty evident that Gwyn split his power up amongst all his children, and personally I don't think the GoW chose to be stripped of his deific status.

I wasn't trying to say he chose to be stripped of his deific status but I am curious as to whom did strip him of it. going back and reading the posts again, it's pretty apparent as you said above that Gywn did give all of his kids some of his power. Re-reading this...
    When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell.

So WHEN he was stripped of his deific status he left that on his father's coffin. So daddy was obviously gone. Man I should learn to read better lol

Anyways, I'd agree with you on what you're saying about the Geography of the land and where everything seems to be laid out. The Valley of the Drakes could actually be where the Chasm of the Abyss is located if what you're saying is true. What I really found interesting was your point about the painted world. I'll have to go back in and see what I think but that snow we're talking about could be ash.... I doubt it.. but it's a thought..
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, I truly find it surprising how little of the rest of the world there is.

Like, there really is no trace/evidence of the Burg or anything connecting, really, and that's surprising to me if not only because I can't fathom who was around to build all that crap with the Undead Curse already in full swing, etc. Like, I assumed the 'Old Church' would just be the church now, but I'm wrong.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:I'm just going to go out on a limp here. But while in the Royal Woods, the closer you get to Oolacile, the more destroyed the area gets(aka you can see the abyss etc). Now, what if the abyss is like acid, and basically burns everything out? That could explain why the structures are not visible either.

Well Tart you're correct about the Abyss having acid like qualities just check out Artorias Armor description
    Armor of Artorias the Abysswalker,
    one of Gwyn's four knights.

The death of the armor's owner can be surmised from the corrosive Dark of the Abyss,
    and the tattered azure-blue cape, once a symbol of pride and glory.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Deathsitexxi wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:I'm just going to go out on a limp here. But while in the Royal Woods, the closer you get to Oolacile, the more destroyed the area gets(aka you can see the abyss etc). Now, what if the abyss is like acid, and basically burns everything out? That could explain why the structures are not visible either.

Well Tart you're correct about the Abyss having acid like qualities just check out Artorias Armor description
    Armor of Artorias the Abysswalker,
    one of Gwyn's four knights.

The death of the armor's owner can be surmised from the corrosive Dark of the Abyss,
    and the tattered azure-blue cape, once a symbol of pride and glory.

Well, that's just great. big grin

A lucky shot i'd say. I rarely read the descriptions so i'm very happy i didn't end up looking like an idiot. Praise the Sun
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 pm

The undead curse makes UNDEAD, not hollows. The undead were around for a long time before they went hollow. Thats who wouldve built everything.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Yeah, I truly find it surprising how little of the rest of the world there is.

Like, there really is no trace/evidence of the Burg or anything connecting, really, and that's surprising to me if not only because I can't fathom who was around to build all that crap with the Undead Curse already in full swing, etc. Like, I assumed the 'Old Church' would just be the church now, but I'm wrong.

Also, think about the broken gates right across from New Londo. You can see them if you look across from where you pick up the Red Tear Stone Ring. I don't think New Londo was built directly over what we see in the DLC but the Valley of Drakes could have been directly caused by Manus's Humanity explosion.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:03 am

DoughGuy wrote:The undead curse makes UNDEAD, not hollows. The undead were around for a long time before they went hollow. Thats who wouldve built everything.

The Undead Curse indirectly creates hollows through the person dieing though. But you're more than likely correct the Undead more than likely built it.
    The Darksign signifies an accursed Undead.
    Those branded with it are reborn after death,
    but will one day lose their mind and go Hollow.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:07 am

My point was the undead curse doesnt bring about a wave of hollows. It brings about a wave a sane exiles who still need ot live and move places first.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:11 am

DoughGuy wrote:My point was the undead curse doesnt bring about a wave of hollows. It brings about a wave a sane exiles who still need ot live and move places first.

Even more so Gywn told his children to shepherd the humans. So building the Undead Parish, etc makes sense. Which brings me back to my earlier question. . . Was the Oolicie incident the reason the GoW was stripped of his status? He did lose one of the best knights they had if he was in charge at the time.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 am

Yeah - unless the Undead Curse is like, new, I would say there will always be Hollows to follow suit. It is somewhat peculiar, however, that no one in the DLC seems to mention going hollow...even in Lordran, "Don't go Hollow" seems to be a pretty common farewell...

Now, it's more, "Let the flames guide thee." Still, that could just be a more antiquated and proper way of saying, "Don't go Hollow," as in, "If you stick to the flames, you won't go hollow," even though that's not really true, per se.

Almost seems to me like Manus might have incited the Undead Curse by separating people from their Humanity to begin with...though the existence of Bonfires already really seems to negate that fact.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Yeah - unless the Undead Curse is like, new, I would say there will always be Hollows to follow suit. It is somewhat peculiar, however, that no one in the DLC seems to mention going hollow...even in Lordran, "Don't go Hollow" seems to be a pretty common farewell...

Now, it's more, "Let the flames guide thee." Still, that could just be a more antiquated and proper way of saying, "Don't go Hollow," as in, "If you stick to the flames, you won't go hollow," even though that's not really true, per se.

Almost seems to me like Manus might have incited the Undead Curse by separating people from their Humanity to begin with...though the existence of Bonfires already really seems to negate that fact.

Actually Johnny to add to that I don't think anyone even calls you Undead. I'll have to look over all the Dialogue again but from what I remember everyone calls you "Human"....Also, I've speculated many times that the Darksign is a direct result of the Dark Soul shattering and humanity spreading....
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:49 am

I just wandered around the forest in the DLC for a while, and like there's literally no reason for anything in the game to exist.

There's no reason for the 'Forbidden Forest' to be forbidden, because if they really wanted to cover it all up, they shouldn't have BUILD AN ENTRANCE LINKING THE FORBIDDEN FOREST TO THE REST OF THE WORLD TO BEGIN WITH.

Like seriously. I don't think anyone would know about Oolicile or Artorias' death or anything if they left this place unreachable, which it literally is now save by time travel.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 am

Sanctuary Garden looks like inside the Bed of Chaos,
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 am

Something I find interesting is the picture in the Undead Church. The one on either side of the statue of the mother holding the child with the sword. It has a Lion, 2 goats and a man offering some kind of orb. Not sure it's significance but the Undead Merchant talks about a Bull and goat demon, and the Guardians Soul references it as a demon as well.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 am

I wish I had a perfect memory. Could link you to the previous discussion we had about that. You might be able to find it with the search function if you're lucky.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:39 am

Bloathead faces look like the faces of Quelaag and Quelaan's spider-halves.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 am

Theory:
    Pre-Oolicile incident, Humans and Humanity were one, and thus the Undead Curse was not a curse, but a sort of key to immortality. Manus is disturbed, begins going haywire and ripping people's humanity from their bodies - now, when they die, they come back Hollow and separated from their Humanity. Artorias attempts to brave the Abyss and gets it the worst of all - the first Hollow (if you watch him fight, he literally looks like a zombie, and considering the Abyss seams to eat away at everything else, why would it not eat away at the mind?).

Just a late night theory, hoping to spark discussion more than actually assume I'm super correct.

Last edited by JohnnyHarpoon on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:24 am

I will also spark debate.

ARTORIAS WAS A CHUMP AND HIS ACTIONS ALMOST DESTROYED LORDRAN AND KILLED HIS FRIENDS BECAUSE HE WAS INCOMPETENT!
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:38 am

Geez, what's with you and the Artorias hate, Viral?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm