Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Intro_To_Madness
Loken
swordiris
Anchises
Delvanoc
SpecOps0
ERm..
RNsunbro
Sentinel of Lightning
Shkar
maelstromm15
White Mamba
Kenko
exod FEAR
Jorund
Seenblack
freebiscuit
ublug
Chronicar
Iblis
Eolan
Buggy Virus
skarekrow13
LinkThis
Spurgun
Doelker
befowler
pylorih
DoughGuy
Gol
Tornesol
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Flubious
ChizFreak
billy_bayonet
strangejoy
PastaOfDoom
WyrmHero
User
ErrJon6661
sunbro
46 posters

The great search

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The great search  - Page 5 Empty Re: The great search

Post by DoughGuy Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:32 am

So I juts finished the game, pyro, chaos covenant +3, witch ring, Swamp face and was wearing the gold hemmed black set when I linked. Will see what happens to those vessels when I get the lordvessel.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Well I'm back from the UK and the search contignues
    Just got my hunter toon in the forrest cov +3
    Took me a while got an average of losing three and winning one on the invasions
    I also got some good fight along the way but most of them were griefers and I naild some of the realy good
    Just love my chaos scyth +5 twisted
    But I got 17 pendant and 13 times rubbish and a lot of stones lol
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:15 am

Ohw I realy F'd up yesterday me being a Forrest hunter +3
    So I went to the swap for Shiva's Round sheild got some bugs to follow me to poisons Shiva
    Guess I thouhgt that the bugs poisoning him will me let him loot his corpse and as he dies he becomes hostile
    So back at level 2 now.......
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 am

Hi sunbro glad to see you back.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 am

Thanks
    Looks like the Forrest cov is going to take some more time :evil:
    LinkThis

Post by LinkThis Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey all. I've been reading this thread for a while, but this is my first time posting. I definitely think that there is a link between the covenants and the unlit torches in firelink, but I am curious as to the logic behind matching the classes to the covenants. Some are obvious, e.g. pyro and chaos, but some are less so. Could be that class doesn't matter, just reach max rank in all nine covenants and then a run through with no covenant. Thoughts?
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:11 pm

LinkThis wrote:Hey all. I've been reading this thread for a while, but this is my first time posting. I definitely think that there is a link between the covenants and the unlit torches in firelink, but I am curious as to the logic behind matching the classes to the covenants. Some are obvious, e.g. pyro and chaos, but some are less so. Could be that class doesn't matter, just reach max rank in all nine covenants and then a run through with no covenant. Thoughts?

First welcome to the forums

And you could be right since there are covs that have no levels like the WOW and princess guard
    In my WOW toon i'm in NG+++ and stillno brazier lit so it could be that they only are lit with the final toon
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:04 pm

I saw billy_bayonet post something recently. Was he ever able to get a picture?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:35 pm

No. Chiz kinda went off at him but nothing came of it. He cant get a picture and thiks its just a graphics glitch.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks, feel free to yell at me if that was in the thread already
    LinkThis

Post by LinkThis Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 am

So, a couple more thoughts: You know on the character creation page when you choose your gift? When the list of gifts comes up, look at the bottom. There is an empty slot where it looks like another gift should go...odd. Also, does anyone know if there is a max to the amount of covenant items you can offer, i.e. max number of humanity you can offer to the chaos sister? I only ask because of the unlit torches theory. Perhaps it is not enough to reach rank three in a covenenat and then beat the game...maybe you have to max out the contribution.

On an slighty tangent, has anyone ever wondered why Priscilla is the only boss you can talk to AND choose not to fight. Sure, there are other optional bosses in the game, but even with them, once you enter their fog, you have to fight. Makes me think there is something we are missing. It is possible that being in the dragon covenenat when you meet her is involved. Perhaps having the dragon head and body active, as she is half dragon herself. Just my idle musings.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:28 pm

I believe that you get a mesage when you give enough humnity at the chaos cov saying that is enough
    LinkThis

Post by LinkThis Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Is that the case for other covenants as well? I very much want to believe Bayonetts story...so I am trying to be as thorough as possible. Also, any thoughts on the dragon and Priscilla. So much about her just seems odd. I am working on a pyro character right now. I am maxing covenant contribution and staying with chaos servant. We'll see what happens. But, even if there is nothing to find, I still enjoy the search.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Even if Billy didnt do what he needed to light a torch and its just a graphics glitch thats still enough to prove the torches can be lit.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:06 am

yeah could be, but with all the toons I completed I left them in the Asylum in NG+ so can't confirm yet
    The only toon that has has seen the Kiln for the third time is my WOW toon and she is in NG+++
    Even told patches that I'm a cleric
    LinkThis

Post by LinkThis Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 pm

So a funny thing just happened. I finished my pyro run and when I got back to firelink shrine on new game plus, that chest near frumpy was closed. I opened it and found a blue eye orb. Now, that is odd, since at no time was I a darkmoon blade. May be just some sort of glitch, but who knows. I finished ng
    with level three chaos cov, pyro class, erie swamp face, witch ring gift we will see what happens when I get back to the altar in terms of the torches.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:45 pm

That's very mysterious since you can't lose a blue eye orb (you can't drop it). As soon as you get the Lordvessel go check the torches and see.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 am

Well I've finaly completed the hunter toon again, specials thanks to the guys of the cov For he glory of Alvina and the men in tights
    For sharing their tips to deal with gankers griefers jumpers and farmers, made my life as a hunter alot easier

Still non the brazier are lit but the search is going on
    So here's the updated list

Classes / Covenants / Face / link or walk away

Warrior / Warrior of Sunlight / Jubilant Catarina / link the fire
    Knight / Princess's Guard / Astora Noble / link the fire
    Wanderer / Blade of the Darkmoon / Far East traveler / link the fire
    Bandit / Darkwraith / Dubious Carim / walk away
    Thief / Gravelord Servant / Classic Zena / link the fire
    Hunter / Forest Hunter / Delta Farmer / walk away
    Sorcerer / Path of the Dragon / Dragon Scholar / walk away
    Pyromancer / Chaos Servant / Earie Great Swamp / link the fire
    Cleric / Way of White / Thorolund Cleric / link the fire
    Deprived / None / commoner
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 am

Nice!!!!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:38 am

That's a lot of work. Great job
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 am

Yeah lots of work cause I F'ed up the first time so i needed another 80 kills sad
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:53 am

Anything special if you are Forest Hunter +3? No additional dialogue from Alvina or Shiva???
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 am

Nope. None that I've seen at level 3. I didn't start as any particular class or setup like sunbro's been doing.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Nope nothing special sadley
    Ony thing i noticed is when you're a pyromacer is that laurentius recognizes you as a pyromancer
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:46 pm

I have had some times in which the clothing and texture of the forest hunters seems to show the aspect of Zena culture. The use of long bows also seems to tie to the crystal hollows, which have connections to the Zena culture as well. It may be that the delta farmer is not the hunter. The clothing is of similar taste as well.

The aspect of the wanderer also troubles me. As the wander has ties to the eastern world, as well as the easterners being mostly tied towards the forest covenant more than anything else, it would be that the wanderer would be more forest hunter than darkmoon blade.

Carim also seems to possibly tie towards the warrior as well. As the fight against lautrec shows, there are three enemies. Lautrec the embrace and a sealer mage are two of them; both showing ties towards the country of Carim. A warrior is also seen as well in the group, and no other warrior is shown in the game. It could be that the warrior would be better as Carim and Catarina. The lack of faith and intelligence of the warrior would also tie to the darkwraiths as well, seeing as the covenant does not ask for either or, and instea dis just a killing covenant of invading again and again for humanity and power of both themselves and possibly the primordial serpant of the Darkwraiths, Kaathe.

The bandits are seen as mountain people in the game. It might be that they would have better ties towards the delta farmers, seeing as the delta farmers are of the country, while the bandits show qualities as such as well.

It is hard to say whether or not it is the sorcerer or the zena being connected to the dragon covenant, as both seemingly have ties towards it. However the sorcerers themselves seem to have ties to more specifically Seath, while the people of Zena are in general the ideals of dragons, brought by the aspect of Domhnall of Zrna and his knowledge of them.

To help you out, there are about 8, 9 gifts to pick from. These gifts seemingly tie towards the different classes as well. The divine blessing would be tied to both the princess' guard and the way of white. The pendant would be of the warriors of sunlight. The binoculars, seeing as they see parts of undead burg from the firelink graveyard corpse, would be that of astora quality, in which might differentiate the knight from astora race if the knight is tied to princess' guard. The twin humanities, seems as they are tied to the aspects of velka, would possibly be of darkwraith origin (as they hunger for humanity), or possibly the gravelrod as it has tied to velka as well. Or twin humanity would be of the chaos covenant/pyromancer, due to chaos flame's dependence on it. The master key would be that of the thief, but of course he already starts with it. Seeing as the master key is the tie to unlock many doors, it might be that it would be for those who explore the world, possibly a wanderer. The black firebomb would be possibly of the bandit origin, seeing as they raid others in order to survive, or possibly of that of the warrior as well, seeing as they fight others (although possibly only of the bandit). The tiny being ring would be tied to the catarina people, seeing as the onion knight has such a ring. The old witch ring would be tied to probably the chaos servants.

Why I am i telling you this? I believe that you are getting somewhere Sunbro, and I would like to help you with different ideas and information I have obtained. It is up to you to find out yourself, however you might have to consider the different hairs as well in terms of choosing for each class you have. I am trying to help you with such things, but it is up to you to use it.

Seeing as the purple hair is unique to itself, it would probably be tied to a special class and race. The rest would be easy to choose for each being, however. Trying to help Sunbro. hope it works out for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:37 am