Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
DemonOfFate
densetsushun
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
ResIsBestStat
JohnnyHarpoon
LunarFog
lonewolf
KrazykevS10
BeeSeaEss
Rifter7
swordiris
Slarg232
IIdoneus
NPCWhiteMage
Forum Pirate
Animaaal
Serious_Much
Hatsune Miku
WaLKA
Spurgun
EeAyEss
Henkyona
Ashran
twilightwarwolf
FinPeku
XachAttack
Digitalyzed
Carphil
SlakeMoth
vatar5
Overtly_Sadistic
GrinTwist
PlasticandRage
BIG TIME MASTER
Mr. Tart
User
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
bunnywink
LordRevan
Darkson
Wade_Wilson
Ecko
berkut
Tolvo
dancash1808
skarekrow13
JoeBroski09
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
57 posters

The "let it out" thread.

reim0027
    reim0027

The "let it out" thread. - Page 20 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:11 am

That cost you your friendship? I'm shocked. Simply voicing your opinion is not a crime. Especially since it was a simple misunderstanding.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:21 am

I've lost friendships over many small dumb things.

One ended once because a black friend of mine asked me if I found a girl attractive. I didn't, and told him so. He asked if I find black women attractive, and I said I didn't. He called me a racist and didn't want to talk to me anymore. I tried to explain it was just on the level of attraction, I have nothing against any race but he wouldn't hear it.

I suppose being a heterosexual, I'm sexist against men since I'm not attracted to them. Or it is bigotry if I prefer women with blue eyes.

Communicating with people can leave me pretty depressed as a whole sometimes.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 am

It aint you Tolvo.

Most people dont understand the differences between subjectivity and objectivity.

Then of course there's taboo.

Such as, black comedians can get away with making fun of white people, while white comedians cant pull it off nearly as well.

Times are changing, but the residual effects of the past obviously affect such a simple concept.

Also, stating this neither says that I like black comedians more or white comedians more.

It also discriminates in an extremely literal way against everyone who is not a black or white comedian, like they are "left out" of the conversation or something.

Mankind's problem has always been communication. It wont change anytime soon.

People that are able to listen instead of hear have a clear advantage. But people who are convicted in their beliefs are not usually able listen...only hear.

It sounds like the problems you've stated with some friends lies in your choice of friends, not how you are treating them.

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:58 am

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Go for your friend instead. Just go out on a date and who knows your may just end up liking her.
    No, because due to how her and her friends are, I don't want to get mixed up in that situation anymore, despite me liking my friend.

Hell, the only time I ever get contacted by that group is when they need a DD or something similar.

edit: Just to clarify, this is only ever AFTER all the fun has been had....
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:45 am

Spoiler:

It seems to me like you do love your dog. The fact that you don't want her put down seems like enough evidence to me, and i think you're simply confused, which is okay because we all get confused sometimes.

Something i would suggest is spending more time with your family and have fun. Awake your feelings for them again so that you won't feel so numb anymore.

I also recommend doing something creative like painting, taking photos, making music etc. I also think you should get some time for yourself to simply thing. Go somewhere nice like a hill where the sun shines or something else that you really like. Stay there for an hour or two and just think. Think about your family and how you love them. Try to dig inside of yourself and find that plug that prevents you from feeling the love for them.

In these kind of situations it is always hard to give advice and/or help. And in all honesty, the best one to help you is yourself, as you know everything already. I hope i've been of some help to you, and know that if ever you need to talk, just send me a message and i'll answer right away.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:34 am

Hell, I don't find most black women attractive (some I do, but not most). Like it or not, they are different and look different. Part of attraction is looks. So, it is not racist. People need to understand what racist means. Everyone is not equal.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:42 am

Hey Tolvo. I agree with you. And also, expressing one's opinion has the potential to cut friends off. That's just the way it is. It sucks, and opinions really shouldn't do that, but it happens. And all the better, you'll eventually find more mature friends who express their opinions and are fine with differences.

I don't mind race in my partners. I remember as a kid I always wanted to grow up and marry a Russian woman with long black hair and paper-pale skin. Shrug I'm attracted to a woman if she doesn't hurt my eyes to look at and she isn't a b*tch. silly

And everyone is not equal. In fact, I believe equality is everyone is given the same foundation, what they do with it is their problem.

Oh yeah. Equality:

A feminist demands to be treated as equally as a man. So I raise my fist to deck her for being an annoying prick with no practical sense of reason. She flinches as says, "Stop! You can't hit me, I'm a woman!"

Well What is it
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 am

Well I'm an egalitarian, so I believe everyone should be treated equally. But that's just a differing view we have. It's what also sort of bothers me about that sort of mentality in people when they suddenly think I'm prejudice.

I believe in equality for everyone, if there is something to vote for around here I will. I'm not into feminism because I want social equality for both genders. You get the picture.

One I'm also given **** for is that I'm not attracted to Asian women either. I'm just not attracted to them, yet a lot of guys I know always talk about how they're all pretty. So people often like to **** on me about that.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:53 am

Lol, either they are just bullsh***ing you or they are idiots.

I believe everyone should be treated equally. What you do with that is up to you, so if some win and others lose, and you are one of the losers, that's your own damn fault.

In fact that's my life's #3 rule:

There are winners and there are losers. Strive to win.

It also is my #1 practical rule, but my #1 and #2 rules are

1. Love your neighbor as yourself.

2. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 am

You sound like you have a more practical rule than my number one.

1: Journeys end, Losers Die.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:58 am

That's just reality to me, and due to my faith, that doesn't really affect me much. In the end, we all die. There is nothing we can do about it, except enjoy what we have, then find more things to enjoy. I already enjoy all that I want. Namely, video games, my cats, my dog, my family, my books, you guys, and my church. Having a girl would be nice, too, but I lack the time for any kind of commitment. I may or may not be attractive enough as well. However, that might change.

I was accepted to go to the Naval Academy Summer Seminar and the United States Air Force Academy Summer Seminar, so I am working out almost everyday. By the end of this summer, I should have a large upper body, instead of this slim body type. Shrug
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well I'm an egalitarian, so I believe everyone should be treated equally. But that's just a differing view we have. It's what also sort of bothers me about that sort of mentality in people when they suddenly think I'm prejudice.

I believe in equality for everyone, if there is something to vote for around here I will. I'm not into feminism because I want social equality for both genders. You get the picture.

One I'm also given **** for is that I'm not attracted to Asian women either. I'm just not attracted to them, yet a lot of guys I know always talk about how they're all pretty. So people often like to **** on me about that.
    I am also an egalitarian. Part of why I support the feminst or LGBQT movements are because equality hasn't been reached for these groups. But I don't believe they should have any special treatment either.

On your point about Asian women, I agree, no question about it. Most are unattractive or have something... about them.

But then you have the few who look like this <3 :
    Zhang Ziyi:
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm not one who finds black women and asians attractive in general. But even then, there are exceptions. For example, one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen is black.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Socially neither genders have equality, so I'd rather fight for both than just one.

To use internet evidence, there are a good deal of tropes about media in which both genders are persecuted.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoubleStandard

There is a section for sexist against women, and another for sexist against men. Ten a both, and neither.

When even TV tropes picks up on such things I feel that I shouldn't focus on just advancing one.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:42 pm

I don't know much about egalitarianism, but from what i just read, i think i can say that i too am egalitarian. Or atleast part egalitarian. Gotta read more on it before i say anything though.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:02 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Oh yeah. Equality:

A feminist demands to be treated as equally as a man. So I raise my fist to deck her for being an annoying prick with no practical sense of reason. She flinches as says, "Stop! You can't hit me, I'm a woman!"

The "let it out" thread. - Page 20 3596227959

Actually, most real feminists are those who want equal rights between the two sexes, not just women to dominate men. It's just taht the really vocal ones are the crazies that almost every man hates, so it really paints them in a bad light.

And let's be honest, what man doesn't like being dominated at least a little bit. I know I do twisted

As for the topic of different races of women, I must say that my scale goes like this, descending order:
    Women of other races
    White women
    Beautiful women of other races
    Red Headed white women.

Red Heads are my kryptonite.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    Actually, most real feminists are those who want equal rights between the two sexes, not just women to dominate men. It's just taht the really vocal ones are the crazies that almost every man hates, so it really paints them in a bad light.

And let's be honest, what man doesn't like being dominated at least a little bit. I know I do twisted

As for the topic of different races of women, I must say that my scale goes like this, descending order:
    Women of other races
    White women
    Beautiful women of other races
    Red Headed white women.

Red Heads are my kryptonite.
    Bold is for extreme agreement.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:21 pm

I actually use the term Feminazi, but I only use it for the crazy loud ones.

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:23 pm

I hate everything Rush Limbaugh so I refuse to acknowledge that term.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:24 pm

I dunt get it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Oh wait, does he use that term?

I had no idea, I can't blame you then. I just use offensive words sometimes, however I try to not use them in offensive ways. Essentially I want to change how certain words are used because I hate how they are used.

A more controversial thing, I use the N word. But I don't use it when referring to black people. I think it is a powerful word to use as an insult to get a point, but I don't like the racial affiliations. Similar to the C word and relating to women.

I'm a sailor basically.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Rush Limbaugh coined the term, actually
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Tolvo wrote:I actually use the term Feminazi, but I only use it for the crazy loud ones.

I actually just got banned from a forum I used to go to alot because I used that term XD
    It was hilarious how butt hurt that mod got XD
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Well if you notice, I don't use these terms on the forum. silly

I only use them in real life.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:55 pm

Oh it was hilarious though. The mod went through and deleted EVERY post I had in the topic, and every post that replied to me, JUST because I used that word. I was even argueing FOR the feminists in the thread, as well XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:57 am