Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Murkulanvippi
RedWeb
Dilaudid281
DissidentCitizen
killzoner4dead
Nookie
Darksoulsbamf
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dumb Name
Tionel
X-government-agent
XKnightArtoriasX
Peeffy
Nezak
nightfox
Blaze1st
HadeTheKnight
baby_beavis
ZikoLogiKa NL
DeathlyLemons
bmurn
barcio
skarekrow13
Eolan
Sethanye
fizzelbottom
maelstromm15
RandelOolacile
ezekiel27
TheMiracle
Carpet.Monster
Tolvo
Tornesol
Icyblood91
dnatc
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Shkar
befowler
harry dresden
FlamingHarlekin
ChizFreak
ublug
TheTruth
Kyubi-Nick
WyrmHero
User
Whknight
Aztreal
berkut
Serious_Much
JohnnyHarpoon
Carphil
Emergence
59 posters

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Sethanye
    Sethanye

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 10 Empty Re: Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Post by Sethanye Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Thats a possibility, another possibility is that he means the 4 lightning demon pit, i mean you do fall there and you do not turn into a ghost per say cos you survive the fall, the environment there is also a lot harsher, but there is no secret there, not that im aware of at least, i guess i could drop down there and run around hitting every wall just in case.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 10 Empty Re: Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    Sethanye wrote:Wasn't aware you could do that, can you give me the details, just wondering what level of crazy are we talking about and how would you get down to lost izalith then tho, use the shortcut you can open in chaos covenants room? cos i mean killing him off drains the lava.

Another thing i remembered wondering, when you kill miss amazing chest and londo goes dark, first of all why do all the outside mobs vanish, secondly who are the two guys who spawn in the hall leading to the bosses, they appear to be human too. Just kind of odly a lot of changes for killing one npc, no other one causes that much change.

It's believed the knights, sentinels, and demons were actually magical constructs, and the two humans are darkmoons there to kill you.
    Fixed that for you

Hey, I wa sgoing for the general opinion, not the more likely option silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Ublug got the secret with ceaseless to trigger with a few toons and I did it with my primary. I don't think we confirmed any guaranteed criteria but my belief is that you need to wait in his arena for at least an hour without touching the armor set or attacking ceaseless. Ublug again discovered that, once the criteria Ste met (whatever they are for sure) you can quit and reload your game and appear inside the fog as opposed to outside like all other bosses. Anyway, once that's done you can grab the armor and he won't attack. The rest I'm putting in a spoiler because it can be more fun to just do it but if you don't want to commit that much time.....
    Spoiler:

Sethanye
    Sethanye

Post by Sethanye Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Thats really interesting, ill have to try it out when i get there on this play through, i hate fighting the guy anyway. It does sound actually scripted, or more like, there doesnt seem to be anything that would break the AI, you do not trigger the original triggers, thus there is nothing that could break anything, which would mean that this is actually scripted and is supposed to happen. If thats the case then your spoilered explanation makes sense.

EDIT:
    On the other hand if this is actually not a glitch and a proper way to do this, then its crazy, i mean.. an hour wait is a lot.. Also shows that even the craziest ideas are not too much for this game... btw what was the summoning gap? If your SL is 210 im pretty close to you and were both on the ps3, its way too late to do it today, since its 3:30am for me so im about to crash, but it might be worth trying to do the catacomb rings with 2 people, i mean after all it is two rings.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:16 am

Gap is something like 10 percent + 10 so I should be able to summon between 179 and 241 if I have it right. My PSN is the same as here. Feel free to Assad me and we can give it a try. Regarding ceaseless, From is known for ridiculous methods of finding secrets. Perseverance and creativity are always keys.
    barcio
    barcio
    Casual
    Casual

Post by barcio Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:02 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Ublug got the secret with ceaseless to trigger with a few toons and I did it with my primary. I don't think we confirmed any guaranteed criteria but my belief is that you need to wait in his arena for at least an hour without touching the armor set or attacking ceaseless. Ublug again discovered that, once the criteria Ste met (whatever they are for sure) you can quit and reload your game and appear inside the fog as opposed to outside like all other bosses. Anyway, once that's done you can grab the armor and he won't attack. The rest I'm putting in a spoiler because it can be more fun to just do it but if you don't want to commit that much time.....
    Spoiler:

The time you have to spend aside the altar could also be random. I managed to pull this out by waiting ~10 minutes. Two or three times I was put outside the fog gate, but twice it worked ... and I was absolutely amazed by it happy

Also I was Chaos Servant +2 at the time, to open the shortcut to Lost Izalith.
    Sethanye
    Sethanye

Post by Sethanye Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 am

^It might be cos you are in chaos servant, i mean i know that so far there hasnt been any proof of covenants affecting the story in any way, but on the other hand, you are trying to get access to the bed of chaos. Now if only there was a way to make that boss non agro lol, god i hate that thing.

Speaking of that, where exactly is that shortcut from the chaos cov, i got my self to lvl 2 in the past to get the firestorm, but i didnt notice anything opening, (i was expecting that wall in the far back of the room), is it that elevator on the floor that leads down to the hammer boss area?

@Skarekrow dropped you a friend request on psn, however do you have any more PC forms of communication, aka MSN, Skype and ect, cos coordinating simultaneous casting via PSN messages would be a nightmare.
    barcio
    barcio
    Casual
    Casual

Post by barcio Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am

Maybe that's it, who knows. I'll have a chance to test it further soon on my Tarkus cosplay which has no covenant alegiance.

As for where the shortcut is - in Demon Ruins take a right just before Demon Firesage's fog door, go down the branches/roots, pass 4 Sunlight Bugs and viola, you're at the door which opens only for Chaos Servants +2.

Here's a good map of Demon Ruins
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 am

Chaos servant rank has no effect on activating the effect. It may have an effect on timing though.

Right before the firesage demon turn right and go the very far end and touch the door.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 am

I was chaos +2 then +3 for the Ceaseless effect and did blocks of time of 15 minutes apiece. It took a good number of attempts (I made a journal in the thread Ublug revealed the secret in) which came out to be over an hour total. That's my experience but I'm not set at all in that this is a guaranteed criteria. I'm going to try it again with my dueling character and my primary and will compare results to my first attempt.

Sethanye, I don't have anything that would be more effective really but we could set up an easy way to coordinate. Something along the lines of:
    -Choosing a lead person, either one of us is fine
    -The lead person casts a miracle so the second person knows which test is happening and give the second person a small amount of time to queue the correct miracle
    -The lead person uses an agreed upon gesture to signal a countdown (as soon as the gesture animation finishes....3, 2, 1, cast)
    -Other gestures could have different meanings such as "try the same cast in 3, 2, 1" or anything else we might need to coordinate.
    Sethanye
    Sethanye

Post by Sethanye Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:45 am

Regarding Ceaseless its possible it depends on how close you stand to a specific location, might be some AOE script that causes affect as close as you are to the place.

For the experimentation i guess we could try it that way, though its gonna take a bit to agree on what is what, im guessing you cant be close to the pc at the same time as the console, cos i could just make a room at chatzy, they make like temp chat rooms for free we could use to agree on stuff, well frankly we could use it to even agree on the miracles and such before we start even if you cant use it while playing.

Im making my way through anor londo atm, but should be out soon, after that we can experiment whenever you have time basically. i should be SL 180-181 so i should fit fine to be summoned.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:52 am

The rings are resonance rings, what are you guys trying to find out about them? They are very common on 360.
    Sethanye
    Sethanye

Post by Sethanye Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 am

Because there are 2 of them in a completely odd location and they arent related to actual online play, since this is From we are talking about, there might be something weird about them.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:57 pm

What he said......

Regarding the proximity for Ceaseless. Ublug gave great instructions on where the respawn places you. I did most of my runs either at the altar (like I was paying tribute) or at his aforementioned spawn point. I had failures at both spots with waits of 10-15 minutes. I'm not saying an AoE is impossible or unlikely but that it's likely a combination of factors. When I do my runs I mentioned above I'll be a Forest Hunter to see if that works.
    Sethanye
    Sethanye

Post by Sethanye Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Im in the sunlight bros atm, which is pretty much the opposite alignment wise from the chaos one, so ill try it too when i get to him to see what effects that causes.

EDIT:

Ok so i went to the resonance spot since i was on my way through there, i tested some things out. First thing i noticed, which once again raises the question of why there is two of them, is the closer one from the entrance, the one that is just next to the square room with the ladder is actually wide range enough to cover the whole room, thus meaning it would cover all the space to the wall on the other side too, thus rendering the second one completely pointless as it doesn't add anything anymore.

The outside range as you walk out of the rings is just when you start climbing the ladder on one side and just a bit outside of the hole in the wall in other, not anywhere near you would need to get to fight the pinwheels.

The spells that i found resonate is Heal, Great Heal Excerpt, Great Heal, Replenishment, Couldn't try bountiful sunlight but since its the same as replenishment it should work too. Force, WotG, Emit Force, and thats it, none of the covenant spells seemed to resonate, just the basic stuff. Tried blasting around the walls with force, wotg, emit force, nothing seemed to happen, there arent even many walls that could be broken down graphically, 3 or 5 if you count the ones next to the ladder, the rest are covered in coffins so there would be no way to pass through, none of the walls emit any sounds or anything either.

So yeah its just puzzling.

I tried analyzing their patterns, but as soon as a i feel like im getting somewhere it just seems to change, mostly its A vanishes, A reappears, B Vanishes B reappears, long pause repeat, however the time spent invisible varies greatly from 1 to 10 seconds, there were a couple cases where they both vanished even, actually it makes me wonder if the resonance would still be active when they are both gone, i scrolled through the non resonance spells i had, they didnt change when they both vanished. Ill grab some usable ones and try out out, ill edit the post when im done.

EDIT2:

Ok both of them phasing out does make the resonance vanish, but that event is rather rare and you will not even encounter it unless you camp around in this area, so for something that is supposed to simulate online play its doing so very poorly, cos not only does it give no initial explanation of what it is or how it works, it also makes the player think the phasing sis irrelevant cos one of the two rings will always cover the room, or at least the corridor which the rings are located anyway.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Okie dokie everyone interested in Ceaseless and secrets.....

The Son of Chaos Thread

This is the thread that began with just general discussion about the poor guy. I've linked to the page in which Ublug drops the bomb that he figured out the "optional boss" secret alluded to by Miyazaki. There's some cajoling to get him to open up on the secret followed by more info from him eventually leading to my tests. I detailed what I could recall of what I did in this thread and so did Ublug so it should give you a good idea of what's been done on this forum.
    Sethanye
    Sethanye

Post by Sethanye Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Well read through that thread, its interesting to say the least.

Im glad the online/offline circumstance was disproved, it further confirmed my standing theory that the type of gameplay doesn't matter, the way it looks that the servers function is by a pure P2P system, thus meaning changing to offline mode simply blocks off the servers openings, but you are still hosting the server.

I doubt there is anything else hidden there, but narrowing down the specifics would be very helpful, how does the xbox handle save files? can you back them up properly there, cos if you could copy file, test, delete, take backup, it would cut down the time spent testing significantly.

Narrowing the exact time would help further testing, even if its narrowing down the time with a specific sequence of events already occurring, such as covenants, egg yes or no and ect, because the actual timer coded in is not gonna be a random variable, it will depend on preset conditions, assuming there are any in the first place.

The wait is concerning tho, if there are any other secrets like that, it might be really hard to discover, as the locations as to where to camp around are unknown.

One location i can think of though, just thinking back on my playthrough today, i cant test it again since i killed the guy, but you know the third giant in Sens, the one behind a hidden passage way with the chain, he just sits there next to the chain, and the chain it self looks almost interactable, i dont expect you to be able to use it, but the giant could, i mean he did once. Its a long shot, but that area is completely pointless otherwise, there is no reason to even include a path there, you can snipe the giant if you want to kill him, juist like the other one that drops rocks.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:31 am

I just defeated Gwyn. Used the darksign. It was awesome. It warped me (meaning the load screen came up) about ten feet away. Lost my souls and humanity. Not very exciting.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:38 am

Next act of stupidity. Proceeded directly to firelink without stopping at bonfires in asylum. Used darksign. Similar result as before. This time however I seemed to only warp about two feet from where I was standing.
    DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DeathlyLemons Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:20 pm

idk if youve allready discussed this but something i found that was odd. when your in dukes archives and you go down the shortcut to the phonograph rather than the staircase, and turn on the phonograph 4 of the squid things actually get to the phonagraph using the same shortcut and start attacking you if your still there. another thing thats odd is all the snake men seem absolutely terrified by them. has anyone tried turning it on while reah is in there, if so what does she do?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:18 pm

DeathlyLemons wrote:idk if youve allready discussed this but something i found that was odd. when your in dukes archives and you go down the shortcut to the phonograph rather than the staircase, and turn on the phonograph 4 of the squid things actually get to the phonagraph using the same shortcut and start attacking you if your still there. another thing thats odd is all the snake men seem absolutely terrified by them.
    Never had them follow me there, which is a bit strange since I've spent quite a lot of time in there. I need to try that later.
    The snake men are terrified by them, this was mentioned during a pre-release demonstration of the level.

DeathlyLemons wrote:has anyone tried turning it on while reah is in there, if so what does she do?
    I tried some stuff while Reah was there, but got no reaction from her. Don't think she reacted to the gramophone, can't remember 100% if I tried.
    At first I left her in the cell while I completed the level (and messed about), but she stayed in her cell throughout. Then I left the archive prison, and when I went back later she had unlocked the cell door by herself and attacked me when I got close. Tried to draw her into the squid cage, but she stopped chasing me at the bottom of the stairs. Also tried to make her follow me through the shortcut, but she fell to her death if I remember correctly.
    DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DeathlyLemons Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:14 pm

ok so there is 10 squids excluding the two that drop the miracles. when i turned gramophone on they started going up the stairs, then i turned it off whatched them return and noticed 4 were missing, i returned to the bonfire and did this again but kept the gramophone on and waited, then those 4 just dropped on top of me after a few minutes, i used hidden body by the chest where you get the key, and watched them just sit there by the gramophone. (i had also killed the 3 snake men before turning on the gramophone) im gonna further test this with reah there and not killing the snake men just to see if anything new happens
    so in conclusion the squids appear to be non hostile towards the snake men and vice versa yet the 2 snake men are still terrified of the squids. the gramophone had no effect on reah, shes still hostile towards you, she still takes damage from the snake men and squids when she is near you and they are attacking you, ( idk why that is) she also doesnt do enough damage to do major harm, and doesnt use any miracles.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm planning a different playthrough, to see how many npcs I can stack in Firelink Shrine. It is mostly to prevent them from going hollow, and to link the fire with all npcs alive and well (and angry).
    I did a quick testrun, and by making Lautrec hostile he will not kill the firekeeper nor go to Anor Londo, hope the same applies to the others. I 'accidentally' killed Petrus and the crestfallen warrior, so I need to start over.
    On my testrun I have Reah, Vince, Nico, Griggs, Logan, Lautrec and Laurentius all running after me when I enter the area. I have to plan my visits to avoid being sandwiched in narrow passages. Petrus, Crestfallen, Patches and Ingward are also going to be included, but I have to choose between Siegmeyer and Sieglinde (not quite sure which to choose either).

That should amount to 12 hostile npcs in one small area Joy Please tell me if someone have already done this kind of run.
    Sethanye
    Sethanye

Post by Sethanye Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:24 pm

^Ive seen this tried somewhere else, it didnt seem to lead anywhere, the problem is the npcs dont really seem to give a **** about each other unless they are directly interlinked within their quest line, so people like logan and the other sorcerer guy, the pyro and ect, nobody gives a second thought if they are there or even if you brutally murder them.

I never heard of anyone trying to agro all of them at the same time, but question is what are you planning to do with them all once they agro you, there isnt many places you can lead them, tossing them down to the firelink altar wont work either, cos i know skeletons die there happily when falling down, so i doubt any of them would survive it too.

As for Reah being in duke's archives, i tested that till i went blue, pretty much had her following me around for 30 minutes and tried to do various crazy stuff lol, didnt seem to cause any effect. The only things reacting to the music weirdly are the 2 squids that drop the miracles, it makes them cry. However Rhea doesnt seem to have enough time spent there to be affected though, she simply goes hollow. The only thing I havent messed around with, is leading her up the ladder, im not even sure if she can climb it, although since shes humanoid she should be able to, but i doubt her agro would follow you much further after that.

As for the shortcut, it is possible to drag her through there without her falling to her death, but its tricky since she seems to be a bit stupid lol, but it doesnt seem to do anything, i tried to turn on the gramophone while she was standing there hitting me, she didnt seem to care any less. Admittedly i havent tried luring her into the squid cage, but then again i had already killed the two miracle ones and i would imagine that if there would be any possible reaction, it would be out of those two.

On the other hand Rhea is weird as an NPC in the first place, if you hit her while she is in the church (after you pull her out of the catacombs), she will not fight back at all, which kinda creeped me out the first time i saw it, made me feel almost feel bad for trying to kill her lol
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Has anybody tried finishing off Both Smough and Ornstein with the same attack by whottling their health down to near zero and hitting them with a WoG?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:24 am