Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by hageshisa Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:57 am

This is awesome!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:58 am

A dragon in the trailer.
    Looks like this will be a god game happy But i hope they bring back the dragon cov.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:06 am

I think I may be the only person not looking forwards to this.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:26 am

Tolvo wrote:I think I may be the only person not looking forwards to this.
    Part of me is kind of anxious about the Dark Souls I era ending so fast. (Relatively speaking)

May I ask what about it you don't look forward to though?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:54 am

Well the trailer just did not feel like it had anything to do with a Dark Souls game, it didn't seem desolate enough to me. They strange looking graphics and need to shoe in places from the first game. It just really turned me away. Not to mention the talk of some about how it might follow the Link the Fire ending, really turned me away due to my love of the lore. Frankly, I might pass on this game unless they really wow me.
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:55 am

Oh, From Software... you had me at "Dark Souls 2".
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:03 am

Tolvo wrote:Well the trailer just did not feel like it had anything to do with a Dark Souls game, it didn't seem desolate enough to me. They strange looking graphics and need to shoe in places from the first game. It just really turned me away. Not to mention the talk of some about how it might follow the Link the Fire ending, really turned me away due to my love of the lore. Frankly, I might pass on this game unless they really wow me.
    Mate that was just me theorising! There's no indication it will go that way, just me saying it could.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:07 am

Tolvo wrote:Well the trailer just did not feel like it had anything to do with a Dark Souls game, it didn't seem desolate enough to me. They strange looking graphics and need to shoe in places from the first game. It just really turned me away. Not to mention the talk of some about how it might follow the Link the Fire ending, really turned me away due to my love of the lore. Frankly, I might pass on this game unless they really wow me.
    The fact that it's Dark Souls II at all kind of worries me. I got the impression that Miyazaki himself would have preferred a completely new game separate from Dark Souls, and that Namco decided to make it Dark Souls II because of the value of the brand name. Might just be reading too much into things though.

Mizayaki not being the director on this project is also a downer. Not saying Shibuya will necessarily do a bad job, but so much of what made DkS good came from Miyazaki's vision for the game.
    The_Hallion
    The_Hallion
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Hallion Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:12 am

jankenneth_10 wrote:Holy mother of Gwyn, i just bought the first one and another is coming out?

(not really a big deal but i just hope some rewards are given for playing the first one. )

The 'reward' is getting to play what is hopefully another amazing game having already experienced one. I guess this puts to bed once and for all my query of a day or two ago , "are we gonna see any more DLC for Souls?" big grin Really looking forward to this. I'm in work at the minute so I can't watch the video. I wonder what the proposed release date will be? Will it be for the current generation of consoles or the next? Really pumped for this now.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:15 am

Dammit guys, now you have me all worried I'm not gonna die on the first boss! DX

This just came to me too, the trailer is actually pretty Souls-y as it kinda resembles Demon's Souls trailer. The lone knight fightng off a horde of dudes in a roughed up setting and a dragon showing up.

Then again, I've little idea of how trailers work, so please don't hate on me for saying what I did ._.;;.
    new deal
    new deal
    Casual
    Casual

Post by new deal Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 am

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 am

The girl in the trailer... could it be Velka? I get a strong feeling she is because of the Ariamis stuff and she gives the undead guy a feather and Velka is heavily associated with ravens and Ariamis IIRC. Would be awesome if she is Velka damn!
    Sal Paradise
    Sal Paradise

Post by Sal Paradise Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 am

Sorry if this was already posted.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503292

From the upcoming issue of Edge Magazine

An eternal battle rages at the heart of Dark Souls II. On one side stands the stern force of challenge, the very soul of the Souls series. It has inspired thousands of fans to hack their way through two of the most demanding and rewarding games of an era, fans who expect at least the same test on the next go around. On the other side is the bright promise of accessibility. And why not? Why shouldn’t FromSoftware and Namco Bandai open Souls up to a wider audience when it could otherwise be in danger of becoming stuck in a cult cul-de-sac?

There are many, after all, who have been put off by the series’ habit of obscuring its best assets from all but the most committed. Entire systems, such as Dark Souls’ covenants and Demon’s Souls’ World Tendency, remain mysteries to even reasonably experienced players – wouldn’t it be a service to the games to help everyone understand them better? On the other hand, isn’t the very nature of the Souls series about obfuscation and what it makes you work for? Aren’t its greatest pleasures about the slow crawl of discovery in a world that refuses easy interpretation? What would the series lose if it was made more explicit?

As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. “I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle,” he tells us. “[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable.” We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but it’s certainly a noble task.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 am

Easier to understand or not, I want to die on the first freakin boss *angreh fayce*.

Seriously though, if they just plan on making it a bit easier to understand lore wise then I'm perfectly ok with it. As long as they don't eff with it too much.

Ugh..there goes another sleepless night >_>. First I find Alan Wake, now this.
    iGBx
    iGBx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by iGBx Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:14 am

The video on your channel has been blocked by Viacom now lol.
    Look Skyward

Epic trailer by the way. the excitement begins!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 am

.........I almost cried when I saw all this ****..

A direct sequel? More accessibility? getting rid of the subtle story that remains firmly in the back seat?

The only good thing I feel is that there has been announcement of another souls game.. I'm really worried that they're gonna mess it up :|
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:17 am

I really don't care what they do to the game. This reminds me of the band Linkin Park. A lot of their fans are no longer fans because their music changed over the years, but they have always been my favorite band even through the changes. If Dark Souls does go through major changes, oh well. The first Dark Souls has ruined all other video games for me besides a select few FROM games, so I'm just glad I won't be playing Dark Souls 1 for the rest of my life.
    bart95

Post by bart95 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 am

Rarayn wrote:
    The fact that it's Dark Souls II at all kind of worries me. I got the impression that Miyazaki himself would have preferred a completely new game separate from Dark Souls, and that Namco decided to make it Dark Souls II because of the value of the brand name. Might just be reading too much into things though.

Mizayaki not being the director on this project is also a downer. Not saying Shibuya will necessarily do a bad job, but so much of what made DkS good came from Miyazaki's vision for the game.

The previous director is still there in a supervising role.

And they still say the game will be challenging and what not, just more accessible. I imagine it's to make features like the covenants easier to find and access rather than dumbing the game down.

As for the art style...well, Demon and Dark Souls have very distinct and different styles anyway. And I'm okay with a jab at change, without taking risks the series would eventually go stale.
    Ghiblier
    Ghiblier

Post by Ghiblier Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:36 am

I came.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 am

Meh, i would rather like to have a new Universe .
    Dark Souls 1 felt complete enough to me to not warrant a Sequel .

And Myazaki not working on it and the rumours about making the game "accessible" (easy) im more than skeptical... :|

Its going to be my last Game, so From...please dont screw this up
    Ghiblier
    Ghiblier

Post by Ghiblier Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am

Marino. wrote:Meh, i would rather like to have a new Universe .
    Dark Souls 1 felt complete enough to me to not warrant a Sequel .

And Myazaki not working on it and the rumours about making the game "accessible" (easy) im more than skeptical... :|

Its going to be my last Game, so From...please dont screw this up

I would like more if the announcement were about a brand new Souls games too ... but there is a plenty of things to be shown in the universe of Dark Souls , like Velka, Carim, The East... i find reasonable to make a new game of the Dark series. But all this stuff about Miyazaki not being the director and making the series more accessible is really bugging me off. The game can still be freakin' good, but it will lose the feeling of "i don't know what the *** i do" or the feeling about still discovering amazing secrets even in the 97467658 Playthrough.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 am

So much excitement...then immediate worry. Dreadful worry. Dark strayed away from what made demons SO great. Not so bad that it was bad, i love dark just love demons more. Now...new director. The idea that it may be more, modernized. I don't know. I'm scared.

It's one of those situations where it may be perfectly fine. Or they will try to hard and lose sight of what they should do with the game to make it good and do what they think will make it sell. I always felt like demons souls was made by players, not developers. If that makes any sense to anyone else.

Game mechanics preferred aside for another discussion. I hope this is good. Looks aren't everything.

Also, i still would rather see a "land of the giants, the broken archstone" game title be released. No lame add a number game title. I hate those. Be creative people!
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 am

well its set in an "entirely new universe" to me that implies that, at least until l we figure out, where we are is unknown to the player. WHAT I'm concerned about is game-play mechanics, and if patches isn't in it!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:28 am

I'm hangovered as f*ck I'm not sure I believe my eyes....DARK SOULS II!!???

OOOHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOD!!! DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 2 639795459
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 am

The Letter X wrote:I really don't care what they do to the game. This reminds me of the band Linkin Park. A lot of their fans are no longer fans because their music changed over the years, but they have always been my favorite band even through the changes. If Dark Souls does go through major changes, oh well. The first Dark Souls has ruined all other video games for me besides a select few FROM games, so I'm just glad I won't be playing Dark Souls 1 for the rest of my life.

Yep. I agree with you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:42 am