Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
mindbottiling_52
Mauvais
Debido
dantheman123
CappuccinoJak
Icegodzilla
Z3r0Fear
FattyOfDoom
SunlightCrusader
twilightwarwolf
Ahhotep1
Wilkinson3424
wenzlouis
Steel Dragon74
tinypantha
PwnasauresRex
ViralEnsign_
Soris Ice Goldwing
LunarFog
Coryf2209
24 posters

Ravens of the Great Wolf

Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ravens of the Great Wolf - Page 5 Empty Re: Ravens of the Great Wolf

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:47 am

Not bad Cory although while im sure that its just an honest mistake you should move the lucern to the right hand

As to differnces to the build itself I would say up the faith to 50, changing force to emit force, mabey a different ring as your physical def is already quite high and as I said to our new member that if your forest hunting just continue to level up as the forest has no level cap
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:23 am

ok first unless you really want divine go occult you get more power that way, switch your def ring to thunder if you want def and the bow i like is pharis with this as its powerful and rangeful n use moonlight arrows more power, also switch twop to emit force and heal to great time dif is nothing and switch force to a lightining or karmic justice and you may want to switch sheilds so you can parry as divine and occult dont do that much dam in gen.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:45 am

Here are the changes that I've made to your build Cory
    http://mmdks.com/qil

And heres a few suggestions on where to go with further leveling
    http://mmdks.com/qin
    http://mmdks.com/qio

Hope it helps Cory
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I appreciate the advice. Also, it's probably just me, but I'm used to putting the weapons the way it is on the inventory screen, with the 2 RH weapons on the top, and the 2 LH weapons on the bottom. Also, @Twilight: I want divine weapons, because I'm going for a holy paladin toon. The builder also says it does slightly more damage than occult, but idk.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 pm

ok that makes sense for holy paladin. i guess i missed that but still occult does more damage not much more and no prob on the advice but i really recomend you switch twop for something else as you generally get bs'd while using it and it only lasts 5 to 10 seconds
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:19 pm

What TWoP are you talking about?
    I almost never get BS'd when using it, just make sure that you have enough room for the long cast time and you should be fine
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 am

TWOP + two-three 45 Faith great lightning spears = death...
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 am

if you get it on and can get to your oponent fast enough otherwise your generally right.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:09 pm

You have a full 25 seconds, you can do a lot in that time
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:04 pm

if its 25 seconds then where's mine go cuz i see it thn its gone. oh well still i have to make a build here soon so expect something fairly soon
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 pm

That what the wiki says and while I havnt tested the exact number that seems about right
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 pm

oh well either or heres my new build fer ya'll now it has a darksword but ill get that from a friend though if you prefer il get a different weapon i just though for how little stam it uses that it would be good anyway here it is http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=395152736804374335

btw feel free to comment and if you can tell me what might be a gd idea should i level up some more
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Ok here are my thoughts on the build

1. Dont bother with magic shield, especially if your using CMW as you cant use both at once and CMW is by far the better choice
    Mabey change the magic sheild to power within

2. I recommend changing the darksword to a BSS because it has better damage, range and R2 attcks at the same stamina cost
    However if you really want the Dark Sword I have a spare

3. As I've said before keep leveling if you'll be in the forest, I recomend getting Vit and End to 40 and getting a few more attunement slots and putting in 2 Dark beads and pursuers

Aside from that I like it and think it should work fine

Also is anyone here after any items as I now have doubles of most things and I am offering them to this cov cheap/free

This weeks special: Gold Pine Resin
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 am

ok the weapon i can switch i have a few other ideas but id like to keep a darksword in my arsenal but il switch it other weapons like a shotel a clay or even an uchi and of course other various assortments as for the dark magic i do not have the dlc so i cant get them or well bead at least maybe pursures but idk. as for leveling i will be in the forest but i dont think i will level him up but maybe i will not sure and as for your offering of itms are you psn?

EDIT: nvm that i just looked and since most of ya'll are psn why not make a chat? its what the other covs do to help keep up comunication
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:53 am

My PSN is M-97482
    As for what im offering I can get almost anything including most of the DLC stuff, even the soul that pursuers is made from
    The character that most of this stuff is on is sl 132 at the moment so it should work with most sl 120 builds

As to chat the big problem is timezones, I dont know about everyone else but Corys profile says British Columbia and Canada, my timezone is very different to both of those
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 am

well that does make it difficult but im assuming as you get more people your going to need something right? oh well i guess when we'll cross that bridge when we get there. anyway ill send a freind request soon and if i need something ill tell ya thanks fer the offer though ^_^
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Feel free to send me an invite as well. I usually have my PS3 on even if I'm not playing it.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:37 am

Man I mised getting invaded in the forest when I'm alone.I'm not joking at 73 the fights have been pretty good. A 1v1 became 2v1 and I won. Though the amount of turtling has risen quite a bit from these guys.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 am

I could try to invade you with my DM. I practice in the forest myself sometimes attempting to fight off FH invaders who seem to have as little honor as the farmers nowadays. No offense to you guys of course. I'm sure you have your fair share of complaints about Blades of the Darkmoon. Sorry just to jump in to your thread by the way. Your cov seemed interesting and I'm brainstorming ideas to revive my own cov.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Forest Hunters have plenty of honor, a lot more than we should have with some of the crap we put up with. When we come across someone who wants to honorably dual we bow and dont use our anti-ganker tactics
    As for the gankers, they have no honor to show us and hence shall receive none in return

As far as underhanded tactics go when your in the one place where almost every time you invade your most likely going to be outnumbered (2 on 1 at best) by people using the cheapest, dirtiest and most underhanded tactics (I use the word "tactics" very loosely) that you can think of (as well as a few you can't) you can allow yourself a little freedom to use those same tactics as well as get a little creative with things that are purely to annoy your enemy

The irony of the whole forest hunter/invader setup is that its the forest hunters who get the indictments
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Steel Dragon74 wrote:Forest Hunters have plenty of honor, a lot more than we should have with some of the crap we put up with. When we come across someone who wants to honorably dual we bow and dont use our anti-ganker tactics
    As for the gankers, they have no honor to show us and hence shall receive none in return

As far as underhanded tactics go when your in the one place where almost every time you invade your most likely going to be outnumbered (2 on 1 at best) by people using the cheapest, dirtiest and most underhanded tactics (I use the word "tactics" very loosely) that you can think of (as well as a few you can't) you can allow yourself a little freedom to use those same tactics as well as get a little creative with things that are purely to annoy your enemy

The irony of the whole forest hunter/invader setup is that its the forest hunters who get the indictments

You and your friends may have plenty of honor but I am sorry to inform you that many Forest Hunters are just as likely to gank given the chance as the farmers. It is a sad truth but it is what it is.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:05 pm

No they dont dude, let me give you a few reasons why
    1. We get less souls from kills than most other forms of invasion
    2. Your going into a world where the odds are stacked VERY heavily against you
    3. Your not guarantede to get someone to help you gank and even if you do your still at best going to be even or still outnumbered and possibly up against far higher level players due to the lack of level restrictions in the forest

In short it just not practical to farm or gank as a forest hunter
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Sorry to inform you Steel Dragon but SunlightCrusader is kinda right. I was farming invaders by myself yesterday and while I had repeats two invaders did try to go low. The first one would wait hiding till a second would come and then try to gank me. The second tried to hornet ring chain bs with a bandit's knife while trying to gank me. Both failed however the invaders did represent something of win at any cost.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:28 pm

as for indictments i didnt know you could still get them if your an FH also i think there could be things fixed on both sides. the FH could get more people willing to fight ive seen them and i bow and try my best but more often than not i get runaway shankers as well as hr hitcrit abusers. But if you look at it from there side they get more 2v1's than not so they fight a lil more "dirty" so to speak because they'd otherwise get slaughtered and it would be the only way to fight a lvl 550 when your only 75. as for the DM's they are filled with gankers who can invade HOLLOW OR HUMAN which is completetly unfair as well as get the best talisman AND dmb which is also abused severly and is OP ( which i can say as i use it at times as well ). so yeah that coupled with the indictments which is stupid as apparently they are usable on the FH is a defense mechanism for the forest which would in real life mean that its not a sin as well as the ways you get sin, not tomention the fact you get hr dmb high crit abusers as well. so before you start talkin **** about how we arent fair or honorable look at your own cov because ours is defense for a grave of a noble knight while your arrogant "god" called gwyndolin wants you to kill people who arent with him in protection of the gods knowing that he holds back nature to keep the flame a lit. last bit probably doesnt matter but as for players i think i got it together. and i apologize if i hurt any feelings.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Testify twilight
    You forgot the fact that DMs also only invade people lower levels than themselves, its for that fact that I partially consider them less honorable than DWs, which is kind of sad

As for indictments yeah you can still get them in the forest, last week I got 8 of them, mostly from gank squads strangly enough

And soris we were refering to the invaders (the ones in the forest cov) in our dicusion of who was dishonerable farmer types, not the people farming them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:07 am