Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Derpwraith
Green__Eagle
Pilgrim34
Latitoast
Animaaal
CappuccinoJak
Carphil
Ashran
EeAyEss
fujiphoenix
Hydreigon11
User1
PwnasauresRex
Infighter
Jester's Tears
Odinbear
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
BLA1NE
befowler
Kyōkai
gaarafrednorris
GkMrBane
Joichiro
bunnywink
reim0027
Ghadis_God
The Letter X
Sloth9230
lalliman
Nybbles
PlasticandRage
TheMeInTeam
RANT
Sentiel
lordgodofhell
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ARSP
steveswede
44 posters

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Since when do 10 year-olds work anyway?
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Nut up or shut up.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Both very true. And, both are an epic fail by the 10 year old.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Since when do 10 year-olds work anyway?

Called "allowance", though I'd say he's chicken for lack of a better word. I wouldn't have to bet anything that the moment you beat him, he go and call you a hacker Jester.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Hacker is the new buzzword. Good thing, since tryhard was getting a little old.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

What the hell is a "tryhard"? I get called that sometimes but have no idea what it means.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Still have no clue what a tryhard is. Thought hacker was always in use because that's what I have been called when dealing with kids. I'm suprised I got no hatemail after what I did to a bunch of forest hunters.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Tryhard is someone who "overpowers" their build in a way that someone thinks is bad. For example, buffing an already powerful weapon.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 pm

People literally use it to say you're trying too hard to win, or succeed. I know some people who use it in school when someone gets good grades. Shrug

I think it is misused in video games, however. If I'm buffing something like the Great Scythe or Great Club, it's because I want to win with as little effort as possible.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 pm

So that's why I never been called that. I guess it depends on how the person thinks is try to much. Seriously school? Meanwhile anyone got hatemail to share?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Meanwhile anyone got hatemail to share?

"Wow. That was uncool."
    I invaded the guy, and we both just stood there staring at each other. After a while I decide to bow, and he backs off to buff himself with Power Within, SLB, the whole 9 yards. I was surprised to see that he had under 1000 total HP, because I kind of just back-rolled-R1'ed a couple times to kill him.

Not necessarily hatemail, but it's the best I could produce.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Get get messages telling me I'm a ***** for using any kind of magic. One guy even said that "Everyone played fair when the game first came out, but now everyone uses magic and it ruins the game."

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that some people think a whole half of the attacks in this game are cheap. There are weapons and magic, and magic is cheap? I had one guy disconnect because I used combustion on him... once.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Still better than that time in the new londo ruins. To keep it short I DM this guy who was fighting a DW and everybody stopped dead and looked at each other for a minute. Then screw it me and the DW start fighting and I killed him. Bowed(?) to the DW and BAM the pr*ck ran me through. No mail but the good old middle figure salute from him.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 pm

A tryhard I guess was someone I fought as a DW... he ran at me with a sunlight bladed zwei, full havel's with dwgr and great magic barrier...

I just parried him and then kicked him off a cliff. I all he did was r1 spam. I told him that "buffs don't work if you can't use them effectively... vary your attacks next time bro."
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 pm

In Sens Funhouse

"Stop running you lil *alternate word for female dog*"

Later, after I kicked the guy into the second to last row of swinging blades

"That's the only way you could have won noob, fight like a man next time *insert slang for female genitalia*"

For the record, I was the host. I spent a good 5 mins running all over Sens because the guy kept spamming Dark Bead, Soul Spears and HCS, and all I had was a Raw Uchi +1 and Claymore +2 with base stats. Thank Gwyn I had already opened up the shortcut, those traps really come in handy.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 pm

There's a shortcut around the traps!? How does invading in Sen's place work anyway? Thought the traps would kill you first.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:49 pm

The two cages near the top work as elevators(but you need the key for Logan's cage), I was farming the Balder Knights for Ores and forgot I was human silly

I like to farm areas before I kill the boss so I don't have to come back later.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:21 am

Sloth9230 wrote: all I had was a Raw Uchi +1 and Claymore +2 with base stats.
    Sloth9230 wrote:a Raw Uchi +1

Sloth9230 wrote:Raw

wat
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 am

Base stats bro, I had int 22 with no spells attuned Look Skyward
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Base stats bro, I had int 22 with no spells attuned Look Skyward
    Wouldn't Magic Uchi be better then?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:27 am

What part of "no spells attuned" didn't make it clear that I wasn't thinking straight?

Anyway, I got the Large Ember before I had any green shards hwich is why I made the Uchi Raw. I then visited The Great Hollow, found green shards, and decided I wanted to make a Fire Claymore. Only problem was... I had no titanite shards Look Skyward Which is why I ended up farming at Sens. I figured I'd kill 3 birds with 1 stone and get some shards, large shards, and BSSs.

I ended up with a Raw Uchi+5, Chaos Claymore +2(took a trip to lost izalith), BSS+10, Iaito+10(which I couldn't wield yet), Shotel +10 Great Scythe+10, Flamberge+10, Halberd+10, and G-halberd +10 by the time I was done farming Sens. I'd say it went pretty well.(No, I did not farm all that. I paid for it with souls from co-op 8))

Raw Uchi served me just fine in the early game anyway.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:05 pm

I saw this "hate"mail in one youtube video:

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 5 GXsd1

Also, ive received some classic "get cancer" replies. Even playing as sunbro and killing an invading darkwraith.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:46 pm

i had this invader in the Painted world who ran off to the Phalanx critters and hid out in the middle of them. i wasn't interested in fighting the invader plus the mob. i was trying to duel for scales and wasn't in the mood, so i let him sit there while i chilled at the bonfire and ate my sandwich (i was hungry). he'd run out and spam some magic and after i'd dodged all of it he ran off to the sewers and started messaging me…

invader "umadbro"

me "not mad, but i'm getting bored"

invader "umadbro"

me "wanna play yet?"

invader "YEAH!"

me "come get me"

invader "umadbro"

me Look Skyward
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Nybbles wrote:i had this invader in the Painted world who ran off to the Phalanx critters and hid out in the middle of them. i wasn't interested in fighting the invader plus the mob. i was trying to duel for scales and wasn't in the mood, so i let him sit there while i chilled at the bonfire and ate my sandwich (i was hungry). he'd run out and spam some magic and after i'd dodged all of it he ran off to the sewers and started messaging me…

invader "umadbro"

me "not mad, but i'm getting bored"

invader "umadbro"

me "wanna play yet?"

invader "YEAH!"

me "come get me"

invader "umadbro"

me Look Skyward

And this is why we need the banishment miracle back lol!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 pm

If it says "disconnected from player world" when you get there that means they disconnected their internet connection doesn't it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:37 pm