Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Derpwraith
Green__Eagle
Pilgrim34
Latitoast
Animaaal
CappuccinoJak
Carphil
Ashran
EeAyEss
fujiphoenix
Hydreigon11
User1
PwnasauresRex
Infighter
Jester's Tears
Odinbear
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
BLA1NE
befowler
Kyōkai
gaarafrednorris
GkMrBane
Joichiro
bunnywink
reim0027
Ghadis_God
The Letter X
Sloth9230
lalliman
Nybbles
PlasticandRage
TheMeInTeam
RANT
Sentiel
lordgodofhell
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ARSP
steveswede
44 posters

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Most likely, or they have a pretty bad connection.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:01 pm

If a host dies as you're invading it says something else though right? I'm just trying to figure out if this guy is rage quitting as I'm invading or if he's genuinely just having trouble and getting killed.

If he's just dying over and over then I'm going to stop, but if he's rage quitting I'll probably keep forcing him to do it.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 pm

It should say w/e it is it says if you win, or you just go back to your place. It shouldn't say anything about getting disconnected.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Well he's disappearing before I spawn. I don't think it says the target is destroyed if they die when that happens does it?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:12 pm

It does if you get there in time, at least that's what happens when I Forest Hunt.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm

If the host dies just as you spawn, or you spawn as he is dieing, then you get the "TARGET DESTROYED" message. If he quits before you get connect to his world, you get the disconnect message.

It is possible to quit the game while you are being invaded, while the connection is still being set up. I often try to forestwraith, but I haven't killed the butterfly so I can host in the moonpit. So if I run to grab my stain and the fog door appears, I just quit the game and then reload.

Last edited by EeAyEss on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm

There is the rare occurrence of getting the Rite of Kindling message. Not sure what it's from though.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Alright well, I'm pretty sure he's disconnecting over and over then. Which means I'm just going to keep making him do it. If he doesn't want to take part in multiplayer he should just play hollow, or go offline. In which case, I'll probably have some hatemail to add any minute now

I think he finally got the idea.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

lmao I'm on page 4 and loved those, still have much to read big grin
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm

The Letter X wrote:There is the rare occurrence of getting the Rite of Kindling message. Not sure what it's from though.

Rare? I've had more of them than I've had darkmoons invade me.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:29 pm

steveswede wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:There is the rare occurrence of getting the Rite of Kindling message. Not sure what it's from though.

Rare? I've had more of them than I've had darkmoons invade me.

I've seen it on more YouTube videos than it happening to me, but it's surely not as common as me being d/ced from the host.

That bit about the Datkmoons was pretty funny by the way, even though it's not quite the case for me.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Just today, I invaded someone and I went on a merry chase after him. He sent me a message saying bonfire, so I went there and found him waiting for me with pursuers, I rolled through them all and roll BS'd him. And when victory was in my clutches, he used dark bead, once, twice, thrice, I dodged the first two but the third hurt. He then healed and scummilly BS'd me. I then sent him a message saying why would you do that, to which he replied u mad? and I said, no I'm not mad but u a douche, he replied you are* mad (as if he had made an awesome grammatical leap) to which I shamed him for being of the same land as the Immortal Bard. At which point, he stfu'd. That was fun for mes.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm

I'm co-oping with my cousin, and while he goes from one boss area to the next, I squeeze in some invasions in Lost Izalith. So I invade, and he sends me a message. I have a look around the host's world, and the orange blub-blub is still there, which tells me the host may or may not be far away. So I read the message and start writing a reply. Before I finish writing my message, the host starts spamming R1 on me! I lose blood and all, but I finish writing my message and send it. I manage to exit the XMB just in time to roll away and dodge the killing blow. Then I kill the overly aggressive host, and send him a message:

How rude!

I was writing a message...

To which he replies that I'm rude for being the one who tried to kill him (assuming I was trying to kill him because I invaded his world). I reply that, actually, I let most people who aren't rude live! (I do... If a host doesn't attack first, I usually won't kill him.) And he replies that that sounds almost psychotic... So: if I kill him, I'm rude; if I don't, I'm psychotic. Just because I'm a Darkwraith? Where's the good guy option? Prejudice, I tell you...
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 pm

All red guys are bad guys. One must assume this. It's a survival mechanism . White= good. Red= bad
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 6 Dante-dmc3-whatever

You got something to say to him?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm

He is red and "looks like " a good guy? big grin
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm

^ His hair is white and his clothes red. Since red = bad and white = good... Does that make Dante a sheep in wolfs clothing?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Dante: chaotic good.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

lalliman wrote:^ His hair is white and his clothes red. Since red = bad and white = good... Does that make Dante a sheep in wolfs clothing?

lol. I guess that makes Vergil the wolf in sheeps clothing.

Ashran wrote:Dante: chaotic good.

We can't see it in the games, but the anime shows that his style of demon hunting involves pretty heavy amounts of property damage. Chaotic Good indeed silly

Anyway: My point was, not every guy wearing red is a bad guy. Though in Dark Souls, it's generally a safe bet to kill the glowing red guy.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm

His boots are fugly.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Those are his pants bro

EDIT: What is it with me and derailing threads? Look Skyward

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Still fugly. He ain't riding a horse, so he shouldn't be wearing those chaffs. Black jeans would be better.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Black jeans would make every he's wearing, under the coat, black. You can't wear a solid color and then strap on a coat or jacket of a different color, that's just wrong.

The chaps are a bit ehh... but at least he's properly color coordinated.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Black jeans with some kind of demonic design on it in red? Just not those ugly-*** riding chaffs. (I think that's what they are called.)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:53 pm

They're called chaps, he's been known to ride bikes and therefore he's allowed wear them. Though the chaps should have really been solid black. Why are we discussing fashion anyway? Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:42 pm