Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Derpwraith
Green__Eagle
Pilgrim34
Latitoast
Animaaal
CappuccinoJak
Carphil
Ashran
EeAyEss
fujiphoenix
Hydreigon11
User1
PwnasauresRex
Infighter
Jester's Tears
Odinbear
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
BLA1NE
befowler
Kyōkai
gaarafrednorris
GkMrBane
Joichiro
bunnywink
reim0027
Ghadis_God
The Letter X
Sloth9230
lalliman
Nybbles
PlasticandRage
TheMeInTeam
RANT
Sentiel
lordgodofhell
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ARSP
steveswede
44 posters

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Inbox of a Darkwraith thread

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Killing newer players turns them off from the game in ways that a difficult computer environment never could. Yes they can summon phantoms, but low level invading is just cruel. Getting a +10 fire weapon by Sens' requires beating Quelaag, Ceaseless Discharge, and running through the Demon Ruins, and running through the cats to get to Vamos, something new players are not equipped or knowledgeable enough to do. Using fully upgraded weapons on new players is an insurmountable advantage, and I can't understand why anyone would want to kill players that can't put up a fight.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Killing newer players turns them off from the game in ways that a difficult computer environment never could. Yes they can summon phantoms, but low level invading is just cruel. Getting a +10 fire weapon by Sens' requires beating Quelaag, Ceaseless Discharge, and running through the Demon Ruins, and running through the cats to get to Vamos, something new players are not equipped or knowledgeable enough to do. Using fully upgraded weapons on new players is an insurmountable advantage, and I can't understand why anyone would want to kill players that can't put up a fight.

There are those that believe that being able to accomplish such a thing gives them the right to torture new players. That would be like me becoming the world heavyweight champion at boxing and then beating up people out on the street for kicks. I don't understand it either, but to each his own I guess.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Killing newer players turns them off from the game in ways that a difficult computer environment never could. Yes they can summon phantoms, but low level invading is just cruel.

Most people I face have decent gear and I face a hell of a lot more players around level 80 to 100 with phantoms than low level newbies. Leveling up passed 50 will just keep me from invading as much and I want to invade as much as possible.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 pm

I really got downrepped for saying that griefing was wrong? Well anyways, the bb glitch might have been patched but a lot of people have a lot of toons ready in advance, which is why newer players have good stuff. I invade a lot at SL 55 and get action in every single area in the game for the most part, and by then most new people can compete with you, and you can compete with higher level players. By invading at SL23, you're crippling yourself against higher level players and presenting an unfair obstacle to newer ones.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm going to have to disagree with you, Ghad. SL doesn't matter when invading. It is how you invade. If you invade someone with obviously way overpowered weapons for the level you are at, then that is different. And, Fire +10 can easily and reasonably be obtained at that level. A little bit of farming and a run to the ruins.

I have a SL 6 invader. It has armor that can be obtained early, with 1 exception. All the weapons are easily obtainable, and I've only upgraded them to +10 (which can be easily done with a little farming). A very fair build, but also powerful.

I look at it this way - I'm showing them what can be done at their level. They can make a very powerful build early, if they take the time to learn the game.

And, steve - congrats, you have a badge of honor (assuming you didn't "grief" them). I love getting hatemail. People spew hate at you for playing this game how it was meant to be played. That is even better then them taunting you after they ganked you.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm

reim0027 wrote:And, steve - congrats, you have a badge of honor (assuming you didn't "grief" them)

Yeah my intention isn't to take out easy targets (I'm after indictments). If I wanted to do that I would just hang out in the undead burg or undead church. Sen's is my favorite spot atm because it's fun having the level working with you or against you (I so hope there are more levels like Sen's in DkS2 as it's just brutal and unpredictable), I don't always get a victory there and there are plenty of people there that are very challenging to beat. If it was a cake walk I would be a bit bored repeating invasions.

Talking of badge of honor. Is there any chance to have my soul icons changed to red eye orbs and having "addicted" changed to "Darkwraith"?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm guessing not. But, only an admin can change those things.

And, Sen's can be fun. You can set up traps, and really make good use of the environment. Or, just for laughs, you can bring a Tarkus build, invade at the top, and hope they summon Tarkus. Then, you'll be Tarkus vs Tarkus. Epic.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:19 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Killing newer players turns them off from the game in ways that a difficult computer environment never could. Yes they can summon phantoms, but low level invading is just cruel. Getting a +10 fire weapon by Sens' requires beating Quelaag, Ceaseless Discharge, and running through the Demon Ruins, and running through the cats to get to Vamos, something new players are not equipped or knowledgeable enough to do. Using fully upgraded weapons on new players is an insurmountable advantage, and I can't understand why anyone would want to kill players that can't put up a fight.
    Can't believe you got downrepped for this. Here let me make it better. happy

Back on topic.
    Most peole that write me hatemail are unreasonable and they hate on something I've done with no logic behind it. So we usually debate in the way, where they provoke me and insult me and I reply in purely logical standpoint and explain to them what I am doing and where the fault really is. Some of them even go so far to want to have a voice chat arguing, or even threaten me to find where I live and *insert random violence threat* me.

To my suprise, usually after 15 minutes of chatting, they tend to cool off and suddenly send me a Friend Request. :shock:

I add all of these people and some time later see each and every one of them play CoD instead of DkS. What a nice coincidence. tongue
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:09 am

My DW inbox is a bit different because of what I do when I invade... :oops:

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 2 7990371853_ef7e89b9a9_o

I have a few more saved on my computer at home, but this was my first and favourite. ♥️
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:25 am

Sentiel wrote:Some of them even go so far to want to have a voice chat arguing, or even threaten me to find where I live and *insert random violence threat* me.

I've gotten a few of those myself. Threatening to find me in person. My response is usually something like "dude, it's a video game." That's usually all I'll say in response, and generally they either cool off, or just keep going whether I continue to respond or not. For the most part if people cool off, I try to explain what they were doing that caused me to be able to beat them so unmercifully to begin with, and most of them end up thanking me for it. You wouldn't believe how many people I've taught about poise, that began with this very line of conversation. I find a lot of players just don't understand it at all, and because of that, completely neglect it. Honestly, if not for the forum, I'd probably still be one of those people as well, so it's nice that I can pay it forward in some small way.
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 am

steveswede can you show me your build? i'm a little bit interested in low sl pvp
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 pm

LOL I invaded a host and his two summons and they were all spamming dark magic and there two handed zwei( I love the zwei) both times I invaded them. SO the next time I invaded I stacked Bellowdragon cresent ring dragon body with tin crystal catalyst and red terstonering and powerwithin. and killed them all in 5 secs.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Joichiro wrote:steveswede can you show me your build? i'm a little bit interested in low sl pvp

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 2 Stats

Spells:

Power within
    Black fame
    Great combustion
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Ok this one I got is hilarious, the guy is super butt hurt over me beating him. Unfortunately due to the PS3 crappy message system, I'm unable to take pictures due to the messages being longer than what can be displayed in one screen shot.

Other guy: ok mr commando per pro mw2... backstab from 30 feet away infront of me. people with potatoes 4 routers like u ruin DS pvp.

Me: LOL my bandwidth is 25mbps from a speed test just a second ago so it ain't me

Other guy: well i never lag tht bad so clearly it is. 30 foot lunge backstab..... play offline you ©unt, connections like your ruin pvp.

Me: dude just deal with the fact that you fcuked up by casting sunlight spear. it took me a back stab and 2 black flames to kill you so stop being sore about it. it's a fact that dark souls P2P system can be a sh!t to us all. if you're not the host then teleport backstabs are on the menu for you to deal with.

Other guy: i did sunlight blade and from 30 feet infront of me you backstabbed me. are you legitimately trying 2 justify that as a legit kill? honestly go kill yourself... id give a fcuk wat you have 2 say but i gave it to your mom last night. blooooocked LMAO.

Me: love you to.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:31 pm

LOL, that's more comical than insulting. I remember, back in junior high, the term "yo mama". It too bad he blocked you. You're going to miss out on some other failed hatemail attempts.

So, I was invading at SL 6 in lower b-town. I invaded someone who chain and lagstabbed me to death (easy to do since I have base vitality). Then, I get a PM from him. He said "Why you didn't give me strong weapons?" I asked him why. He asked me if I had any strong weapons. I told him I had a lot of strong weapons and chunks/slabs to make more. He told me I should give him some. I told him no, go get your own goddamn weapons. Why should I give weapons to a chainstabber? He replied then I should at least drop a soul sign and help him with coop. I didn't reply.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:38 pm

reim0027 wrote:I told him I had a lot of strong weapons and chunks/slabs to make more.

Inbox of a Darkwraith thread - Page 2 Bmlaug12

Yeah, I could give you some weapons. I don't feel like it though. Now F*** off.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 pm

I just can't believe he felt entitled to get weapons from me.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm

reim0027 wrote:LOL, that's more comical than insulting. I remember, back in junior high, the term "yo mama". It too bad he blocked you. You're going to miss out on some other failed hatemail attempts.

I know he was definitely the most butt hurt person I've come across. I can imagine how pissed he would have been if he found out I'm level 23 and he was rockin the great demon axe casting sunlight blade while wearing giants armour apart from head gear. I got some serious souls for kicking his butt

reim0027 wrote:So, I was invading at SL 6 in lower b-town. I invaded someone who chain and lagstabbed me to death (easy to do since I have base vitality). Then, I get a PM from him. He said "Why you didn't give me strong weapons?" I asked him why. He asked me if I had any strong weapons. I told him I had a lot of strong weapons and chunks/slabs to make more. He told me I should give him some. I told him no, go get your own goddamn weapons. Why should I give weapons to a chainstabber? He replied then I should at least drop a soul sign and help him with coop. I didn't reply.

Heh they're only nice when they want something.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Should have dropped some fire broken staright swords lol
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Should have dropped some fire broken staright swords lol

LOL that's an awesome idea to keep in mind. Trolololo. tongue
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 pm

I swear, you can't give anyone anything these days without them thinking they the right to your entire inventory.

I remember a ganker who wanted my MLGS. when I told him no because I only had one, he tells "ahhh c'mon you can just get another one". When I told him I needed it (witch I did cause I was using a mage at the time), he called me a "selfish piece of ****"

Da_fuq? silly

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm

LOL. If you could get another one, why can't he? Who's really being selfish?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Apparently I am, and according to him I also have no skills sad

That last part's probably true, but I got a MLGS so what do I care? silly
    gaarafrednorris
    gaarafrednorris

Post by gaarafrednorris Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Best one for me was my first trip in Anor Londo ever.

I get invaded by a DarkWraith who decides it's fun to try and ruin my day and invade while I was at the lowest area near the tomb.. SO I run off and go to hide in the Darkmoon tomb and activate the Chameleon spell near the entrance of it. He looks around for a bit, can't find me (HA!) and before you know it, he starts making his way back to the rotator. Second he steps foot out the tomb, I sneak up and backstab him then use Wrath of the Gods to knock him off the bridge.
    He immediately sends me hatemail saying how I'm such a noob and how I had to have hacked because he was able to solo Gwyn and was wearing full Smough's armor.. so he should have been unbeatable...

really?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Hahaha Gwyn huh? Tell him to get back to you when he finds a way to beat gravity.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:59 pm