Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Hue
tinypantha
Onion Knight
raecor14
Reaperfan
Slarg232
CaptanSpudsy
Spurgun
dancash1808
Shkar
Acarnatia
ViralEnsign_
ComaPrison
sinspaw
Serious_Much
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
The Letter X
aprilmanha
Emergence
Tolvo
Djem
Sloth9230
MasterofShadows
Forum Pirate
carlucio
eminusx
ChizFreak
GenericUsername
32 posters

I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:29 pm

This is misguided. I want every video game player I know too appreciate DKS. I have even described it to people who would never play games.

I do not want DKS to change for the worse, period. Whether it makes more people like it at the expense of the original fans or not. It has nothing to do with other people, it has to do with the game itself.

I am not proud of my DKS completion, I am just appreciative of the wonderful experience DKS gave me and would hate to see the games artistic integrity marred.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:55 pm

I think a false sense of elitism exists in the souls community. I do not believe most of the collective elite are very vocal in said community.

The people most of us would want to ask specific questions to are probably not even a member of a forum, at least when you consider the entire Dark Souls gamer base.

However, anyone who has browsed this particular forum with any amount interest can immediately tell that there are members here extremely knowledgable and well versed in Dark Souls, and probably Demon's Souls. They are very much contenders for the elite title in their own right.

I think most of the elitist attitude comes from people with limited knowledge about the game. They are the same people the elitists rollstab to death in 20 seconds.

Elitism is commonly confused with arrogance. There is a such thing as a humble elitist. You can tactfully prove you're right, and most true elitists do that most of the time.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Well considering elitism is more putting arrogance and a sense of gradure/importance above others into practise, I'd say its worse than being arrogant.

Being elitist means you exclude less able players cus they aren't as obsessed with the game as you, something which is frankly disgusting. I presume when people are talking about elitism and think its a good thing they think it is something else mistakenly, otherwise it would be a pretty selfish view point really.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Well considering elitism is more putting arrogance and a sense of gradure/importance above others into practise, I'd say its worse than being arrogant.

Being elitist means you exclude less able players cus they aren't as obsessed with the game as you, something which is frankly disgusting. I presume when people are talking about elitism and think its a good thing they think it is something else mistakenly, otherwise it would be a pretty selfish view point really.

I think elitism is more of a concept rather than an attitude. Just because someone might consider themselves to be in the elite bracket, doesn't necessarily mean they would exclude anyone from their group or experiences. Only that they believe that they have a superior understanding, and/or influence regarding a specific subject or subject matter. It does not necessarily mean they would say they are better than you, only that they think they are, or actually are.

I'm merely saying a lot of people who think they are in the elite group actually are not. They're just clicky.

I don't think you can really choose to be an elitist, I mean you know what you know, ya know? You're either one of the best or you're not. Pretty subjective though. I do think however the ancestry attachment to elitism is complete garbage. I know some born rich morons that wouldn't swade me into anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:22 pm