Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Hue
tinypantha
Onion Knight
raecor14
Reaperfan
Slarg232
CaptanSpudsy
Spurgun
dancash1808
Shkar
Acarnatia
ViralEnsign_
ComaPrison
sinspaw
Serious_Much
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
The Letter X
aprilmanha
Emergence
Tolvo
Djem
Sloth9230
MasterofShadows
Forum Pirate
carlucio
eminusx
ChizFreak
GenericUsername
32 posters

I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series

Post by dancash1808 Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:50 pm

P'fah! take your pokemanz and begone! I shall be alternating between neverwinter nights and super meat boy most journeys silly

Also just think of it guys, dark souls with a pokemon style intro big grin 10 minutes of wandering around the asylum trying to find your best friend mindless hollow number 784 so you can go see professor oscar and be given your stabidex and chug flask. no sprint function for most of the tutorial until you are given magic running boots which allow you the ability! (I actually like pokemon but damn that intro makes me want to hit something)
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm sick of the " elitism " from the souls series

Post by ComaPrison Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 am

dancash1808 wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:
    That sarcasm was so intense that I'm not even sure if ComaPrison could top that.

There is a challenger to my throne of sarcasm?! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Sloth9230 wrote:They're different forms of entertainment. Angry birds is supposed to be something that keeps you busy while you're on bus/train or just plain bored. Dark Soul's actually requires that you take time to sit down in front of a tv/monitor and think about what you're doing/are going to do.

Clearly you are not "pro" enough >.> why not play dark souls while on a train big grin if someone starts going on there phone you unplug your headphones and go to oolacile big grin Ignore all dirty looks big grin

You're not a challenger of mine until your sarcasm, irony, and trolling have brought you to negative rep.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:32 am

ComaPrison wrote:You're not a challenger of mine until your sarcasm, irony, and trolling have brought you to negative rep.

This is getting serious. Better grab the popcorn.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 am

Has a mod/admin deleted some of my posts in this thread?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 am

ComaPrison wrote:You're not a challenger of mine until your sarcasm, irony, and trolling have brought you to negative rep.

You do realise the situation you're in isn't a desirable one right?
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:59 am

Serious_Much wrote:

The gauge on my care-o-meter registers precisely 0. I think you've been spending too much time on this forum and your sense of priorities have become distorted if you think any of this actually matters at all.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Spurgun wrote:Has a mod/admin deleted some of my posts in this thread?

No. We would always tell you when deletes are made.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Emergence wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:Has a mod/admin deleted some of my posts in this thread?

No. We would always tell you when deletes are made.

Weird, because i'm certain of that i've posted more here.

Oh well, guess my memory is just messing with me.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:41 pm

ComaPrison wrote:

You're not a challenger of mine until your sarcasm, irony, and trolling have brought you to negative rep.

Pfft haha have you considered that my rep is positive because people actually appreciate my humor silly
    Oh that and I've been doing this longer, I'm like the grumpy old man of the forum. I guess that makes you the emo teenager ? silly
    (also the witcher is great big grin)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:10 pm

ComaPrison wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

The gauge on my care-o-meter registers precisely 0. I think you've been spending too much time on this forum and your sense of priorities have become distorted if you think any of this actually matters at all.

No matter where I am, the way people view me is always important, considering the profession I intend to go into its something that is required.

Admittedly it's not quite the importance of real life, but I still think acting stupidly is never really a positive thing
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Its okay serious you know we view you as the voice of grinning kid goku silly xD
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah, I try to be a source of entertainment as well as being helpful winking

Also who could ever get offended by goku? Noone, that's who big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:29 pm

I think Feiza would consider Goku's existence offensive.

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Freiza and vegeta and broly and evil piccolo and... silly
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Well, Vegeta and Goku become true friends at the end of the Buu series. And I was personally a bit disgusted by the fact that the show (in it's unedited form) apparently has no shame in regards to nudity of kid goku. But enough off-topic, me thinks.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:18 pm

dancash1808 wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:

Pfft haha have you considered that my rep is positive because people actually appreciate my humor silly
    Oh that and I've been doing this longer, I'm like the grumpy old man of the forum. I guess that makes you the emo teenager ? silly
    (also the witcher is great big grin)

You're way too young to be the grumpy old man. And I'm way too old to be the emo teenager. For reference, and to avoid going into too much detail, I started gaming during the latter part of the original NES era.

Also, since you guys are talking Dragon Ball in here, I hope you guys know there's a new DBZ movie coming out in Japan in March 2013.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Haha, I dont think I could enjoy a DBZ movie to be honest, it was something I enjoyed from my childhood and for nostalgia value. I'm not sure a movie is a good idea silly Eh, my first console was a sega mega drive silly Ahh sonic <3

Well anyways I predate you around here winking
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Screw new DBZ movies, toriyama never writes the stories or has much involvement at all in newer DBZ franchises, they're all really bad to top it off.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:51 pm

So your saying the problem with DBZ nowadays is a new director who doesnt understand or chooses togo in a different direction than the old one and the fanbase dont like it ?
    thats reassuring silly
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:17 pm

When you look back on it, DBZ wasn't really all that great. Now Yu-Yu-hakusho on the other hand!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:39 pm

dancash1808 wrote:So your saying the problem with DBZ nowadays is a new director who doesnt understand or chooses togo in a different direction than the old one and the fanbase dont like it ?
    thats reassuring silly

It's different when the guy who isn't helping anymore was the sole contributor, chill out silly

I agree though DBZ wasn't that great I preferred original dragonball. Never seen yuyu hakusho, but doubt it's that good silly
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:So your saying the problem with DBZ nowadays is a new director who doesnt understand or chooses togo in a different direction than the old one and the fanbase dont like it ?
    thats reassuring silly

It's different when the guy who isn't helping anymore was the sole contributor, chill out silly

I agree though DBZ wasn't that great I preferred original dragonball. Never seen yuyu hakusho, but doubt it's that good silly

I never saw all of Yu-Yu Hakusho but I preferred it over Dragonball/DBZ, which I have seen all of.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Yu Yu Hakusho has probably one of the best first two episodes of any anime, after that it's good but not great.

While as a kid I loved DBZ way better, looking back on it Dragonball is like the Hobbit while DBZ is LOTR. Dragonball is a more solid story and is far better written. A lot of the time you are watching an adventure rather than two dudes scream for half an hour.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:51 pm

To be fair even I don't like the anime of dragonball z, it's just done way too slowly compared with how pacy the manga was.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:57 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Well anyways I predate you around here winking

Indeed you do. And yes, the DB animation quality was very poor. I'm more or less strictly a Miyazaki Hayao follower. What little work his son has done seems good. SAO, the Jojo remake, and the Berserk film remake is fun too. Also following the Gundam Unicorn OVA and the Evangelion film remake, but they're all quite disappointingly mediocre.

Last edited by ComaPrison on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:17 am